Book: Hush Little Babies

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The attack.

what part of her attack left her unconscious? and how could she not sleep with baby turning over but could sleep through someone getting into the house?

not attacking, just quizzing here :)

I have this book. I already believed Darlie was guilty, so the book just reinforced that.
One of my dogs ate the cover of the book, so I think the dogs believe she's guilty, too. :)

:floorlaugh:

Without a doubt in my mind she's guilty. I'm glad the doggies agree!

I have all sorts of problems with this case but the one that really gets me is the time line.

How about if Darlie starts setting the scene, stabs the boys, runs the sock down the alley and comes back to cut herself. She discovers that Damon is not dead after all and has managed to crawl to the kitchen doorway. She stabs him again just as Darin runs downstairs, but fails to inflict a fatal stab. Darlie can't stab Damon again in front of Darin so she just has to wait and hope Damon dies before he can tell anyone anything. This would explain why only Damon and Darlie's blood was found on the knife. She thought both boys were dead and washed the knife and put it back in the block before making the sock run.

If Darlie had smeared the handprint, there would still have been traces of blood on the sofa. The handprint was revealed by luminol. Have you seen any of the pictures taken by blue light?

If Darlie had smeared the handprint, there would still have been traces of blood on the sofa. The handprint was revealed by luminol. Have you seen any of the pictures taken by blue light?

seems like i saw one in book "precious angels". still wading through documents though so would like to see in official transcripts.

Hi and welcome to WS. :seeya:
If you read the trial transcripts you will also get a clear view of how guilty Darlie is.

Thank you for that bit of advice. I'm not even finished w/ day one of transcripts and have learned more than from any other publication thus far. Now I have no doubts .. I didnt know about the knife in her kitchen matching material from the screen... Pretty incredible stuff. It's heart wrenching to hear of how the younger one was killed. The visions of that takes my breath away. Again, info I did not know due to the "fluffy" variations I've heard. Thanks again!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for that bit of advice. I'm not even finished w/ day one of transcripts and have learned more than from any other publication thus far. Now I have no doubts .. I didnt know about the knife in her kitchen matching material from the screen... Pretty incredible stuff. It's heart wrenching to hear of how the younger one was killed. The visions of that takes my breath away. Again, info I did not know due to the "fluffy" variations I've heard. Thanks again!!

BBM Yeah, it is pretty incredible stuff. My main problem is - was Darlie the only person to have access to those knives? I don't believe so. There were a few other people in that house in the day or two prior to the murder, if I'm reading correctly.

.. I didnt know about the knife in her kitchen matching material from the screen... Pretty incredible stuff.

You know what else is incredible? How about the fact that that same knife was dusted for prints at the scene? And that either the dusting powder or the brush used could have the same microscopic make-up as screen fibers (a screen that was definately cut from the outside...... contrary to what you might have read in that book)? All I know is hopefully we can get her executed before, you know, she proves she's innocent.

I have all sorts of problems with this case but the one that really gets me is the time line.

How about if Darlie starts setting the scene, stabs the boys, runs the sock down the alley and comes back to cut herself. She discovers that Damon is not dead after all and has managed to crawl to the kitchen doorway. She stabs him again just as Darin runs downstairs, but fails to inflict a fatal stab. Darlie can't stab Damon again in front of Darin so she just has to wait and hope Damon dies before he can tell anyone anything. This would explain why only Damon and Darlie's blood was found on the knife. She thought both boys were dead and washed the knife and put it back in the block before making the sock run.

And you want me to believe she inflicted all her wounds in under two minutes? Um.... okay. And can you please site the trial transcript showing the knife block had evidence of a freshly washed knife being placed in it. I must have missed that somehow.

imagine mommy chasing you with a knife and daddy not coming to rescue.

You know what else is incredible? How about the fact that that same knife was dusted for prints at the scene? And that either the dusting powder or the brush used could have the same microscopic make-up as screen fibers (a screen that was definately cut from the outside...... contrary to what you might have read in that book)? All I know is hopefully we can get her executed before, you know, she proves she's innocent.

First, I don't believe in The DP.. I read that in trial transcript... Not a book.. I did mention I'm open minded about my opinion therefore your condescending tone is not needed.

Thx
:)

All her wounds? She had a stab wound to the forearm and a slice to the neck which showed hesitation marks. The bruising has always been in question and yes, I do believe she could have done all that in under 2 minutes, but why you chose 2 minutes, I have no idea. The kitchen towels that Darlie claims she was wetting to give Darin were collected at the house. And, Darlie only made this claim after she came back to the house and found investigators had removed the sink. The blood of both boys was found in the sink trap. There is no actual evidence that Darlie washed the knife with the intention of putting it back in the block and leaving it there. It is a supposition, like many others in this case, that accounts for the evidence that the blood on the knife was only Darlie's and Damon's and did not contain any of Devon's blood. I think it's a pretty good supposition, too. Darlie washed the knife after stabbing the boys, and put it back in the block to make it seem like the intruder had brought his own weapon. She then ran the sock with the boys blood down the alley and came back to find Damon still alive. She grabbed up the cleaned knife stabbed Damon and then cut her throat and arm. She might have washed the knife again, except Darin came downstairs and interrupted her staging.

All her wounds? She had a stab wound to the forearm and a slice to the neck which showed hesitation marks. The bruising has always been in question and yes, I do believe she could have done all that in under 2 minutes, but why you chose 2 minutes, I have no idea. The kitchen towels that Darlie claims she was wetting to give Darin were collected at the house. And, Darlie only made this claim after she came back to the house and found investigators had removed the sink. The blood of both boys was found in the sink trap. There is no actual evidence that Darlie washed the knife with the intention of putting it back in the block and leaving it there. It is a supposition, like many others in this case, that accounts for the evidence that the blood on the knife was only Darlie's and Damon's and did not contain any of Devon's blood. I think it's a pretty good supposition, too. Darlie washed the knife after stabbing the boys, and put it back in the block to make it seem like the intruder had brought his own weapon. She then ran the sock with the boys blood down the alley and came back to find Damon still alive. She grabbed up the cleaned knife stabbed Damon and then cut her throat and arm. She might have washed the knife again, except Darin came downstairs and interrupted her staging.

I choose two minutes because from 2:31 a.m. up until 2:38 a.m. when Damon died Darlie was clearly busy. The ME testified that Damon couldn't have lived longer than eight or nine minutes after receiving his wounds. That only leaves her with two minutes to get everything else done. She also had a stab wound to shoulder. And lastly, noone ever testified that her neck wound showed hesitation marks.

I won't keep up this back-and-forth did-not-did-too arguing, but would like to point out that the clock on events does not start ticking until right before Darlie calls 911.

Darlie had cast off on her from where she stabbed the boys. There's simply no other way it got there. That in itself put the knife in her hands during the attacks on the boys. Also, the knife print in the carpet.

I understand no one wants to believe a mother could do this to her children, but Darlie's supporters are grasping at straws.

BBM Yeah, it is pretty incredible stuff. My main problem is - was Darlie the only person to have access to those knives? I don't believe so. There were a few other people in that house in the day or two prior to the murder, if I'm reading correctly.
Darlie was the only person in the home to have cast off (from stabbing motions) on her. She was also the only parent who stood by holding a towel to her neck while her baby lay a few feet from her gasping for breath and bleeding to death. Waddell asked her twice to apply preasure to the child's stab wounds; she sat on the floor and kept attending to her own wound. Also, it's amazing that the killer didn't just plunge the knife into her gut while she slept through the boy's attacks. Bottom line is if a killer, after mutilating two sleeping little boys wanted Darlie dead, she'd be dead.

Everything else is spin.

But let's pretend Darlie was attacked first. So what? She'd be dead, like her boys. This "intruder" was obviously on a mission.

Citation, please.

I choose two minutes because from 2:31 a.m. up until 2:38 a.m. when Damon died Darlie was clearly busy. The ME testified that Damon couldn't have lived longer than eight or nine minutes after receiving his wounds. That only leaves her with two minutes to get everything else done. She also had a stab wound to shoulder. And lastly, noone ever testified that her neck wound showed hesitation marks.
I really could not care less; it's all smoke and BS, IMO, because the facts are: All of Darlie's stab wounds were superficial, only needing steri-strips. She was never in any danger of dying from her wounds. In fact, Dr Janice Townsend-Parchman testified at the bond hearing that Darlie's neck wound didn't even reach the muscle, was probably less than half an inch deep.

Not let's look at what the "intruder" did to two sleeping little boys: They were attacked, mutilated, sustaining deep, seeping multiple stab wounds. One of them was attacked twice in different parts of the room. The "intruder" actually chased that poor baby down while he was crawling away and stabbed him again. The boys were stabbed over and over and over.

Darlie? Cat scratches in comparison.

All the blood was contained inside the home; no bloody trail leaving the home; no evidence of an intruder inside the home. Nada. Zilch.

After plodding through all the transcripts, including the bond hearing, I'm convinced Darlie is right where she belongs. Despite any arguments in her favour on the www, she's on Death Row to stay. Thank God.

This can be "what if'd" to all heck and back, but that's really all the supporters have at this point - supposition. Suppose Darlie was attacked first. Suppose the intruder wore magic shoes that left no prints at a very bloody crime scene while he fought with a grown woman and she chased him out of her house. Suppose he wore a hair net which kept him from shedding while a grown woman fought for her life. Suppose Darlie was in a coma and didn't hear her children being mutilated. Suppose...

It's wishful thinking.

And lastly, Darlie stood doing nothing, mere feet from her child while he gasped for his last breaths. Darlie didn't even comfort him while he died.

Darlie was the only person in the home to have cast off (from stabbing motions) on her. She was also the only parent who stood by holding a towel to her neck while her baby lay a few feet from her gasping for breath and bleeding to death. Waddell asked her twice to apply preasure to the child's stab wounds; she sat on the floor and kept attending to her own wound. Also, it's amazing that the killer didn't just plunge the knife into her gut while she slept through the boy's attacks. Bottom line is if a killer, after mutilating two sleeping little boys wanted Darlie dead, she'd be dead.

Everything else is spin.

But let's pretend Darlie was attacked first. So what? She'd be dead, like her boys. This "intruder" was obviously on a mission.

BBM My point was, Darlie was not the only person in that house to have access to the knife supposedly used to cut the screen. I did not refer to blood or cast-off blood. I answered THIS post:

"Originally Posted by Vhead

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back