Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I read them all.

The JA/TA texts were interesting to say the least. She is such pest, yet he kept responding to her! :tantrum:

They seem to be the same texts I've already read (Dec 07- March 08), just organized to isolate texts between TA and specific individuals.

They seem to be the same texts I've already read (Dec 07- March 08), just organized to isolate texts between TA and specific individuals.

Still waiting for April - May, but those are in own category on the JA/TA texts. My eyes were bloodshot from reading, but it was like a soap opera, I got hooked!

I want to know what TA says to others about JA in May/June.

I realize it was his job Rickshaw Fan but he seemed to enjoy trashing TA. And now that his book is out and he says he didn't believe the pedo story and knew she was lying, I really resent him. Also he said he knew the mother lied about the bruises and she lied very badly. Who was the other witnesses she wanted to put on that he didn't put on? Did he know they lied too? He still went after TA during the Defense case in chief and in Closing. Said he kicked her and chocked her and that was felony assault. It never happened and he knew it.

What prominent attorney gets on twitter and tries to argue his case. You don't see Juan on twitter or other famous attorneys. So I am not that impressed with him. He did get a bad hand having to defend her but he could have gotten off if he had addressed the court with the right reason. Every other Attorney before him got off and so could he. There were others out there like Willnot : who would have loved to take the case. He could have used mental health reasons to get off. JA was scrambling his brain.LOL.

Wilmott was not qualified to take first chair in a death penalty case.

IIRC, Nurmi was the only public defense attorney left who was qualified for first chair DP defense. The court wouldn't accept his reasons for getting out of the case. Citing a reason that wasn't true presumably could have resulted in censure.

Note: I made clear I thought Nurmi's tactics in the trial were despicable. That has nothing to do with having empathy for him because of what he had to deal with.

Thanks, AZL. I was wondering if Nurmi and/or Martinez might have called that hotline, particularly Nurmi. That might account for why he thought he could publish his book. Sorry to hear they rarely answer! Jeez . . . .

I guess he figured it was OK to publish it because they didn't answer.

Thanks for posting this Hez.

And this is PRECISELY why people hate on Defense Attorneys--if this is true (factual reporting of the excerpt), it is deplorable that Nurmi fought tooth and nail to keep JM from bringing up that the convict may have engaged in animal abuse, yet is now claiming she was "mean" to animals. :gaah:

Well, he did his job. This "tell-all" doesn't make me hate defense lawyers any more than before, nor the justice system, Just slimy ones like Jose Baez and him already.

Yes, but neither of them "lived" in Vegas, however Gus took his motorhome there when he was doing "business". That dude is one shady character. I wish I could find more about the DT traveling to Vegas, I thought once I had read about them going to CA. to interview a witness, but Vegas is news to me. Too much slime to remember it all. :laughing: Too bad we don't have access to expenditure reports.

Didn't Marc McGee live with his mother??

Woohoo! I say let Nurmi keep grandstanding with impunity! Let him create a big mess, a gigantic kerfuffle, a ball of sleaze to hit out of the park. All this publicity around his book is gonna drum up millions for Martinez. Anytime you put these two head to head, guess who's gonna lose?

Relating to Nurmi's assertion that she waived privilege by knowingly lying in post-conviction interviews about her DT...

Here's a list of what she said during the Troy Hayden interview that involved her representation:

1. DT for reasons unknown refused to pursue witnesses who saw my bruises, including my sisters, friends, and "a man."

2. DT didn't think photos on my HD were relevant to proving T was a pedophile, including him running after a naked 4 yr old boy, and they didn't go through photos on my HD that might have shown those bruises.

3. I didn't want to harm T's reputation. It was my DT's decision. After the State refused to accept my plea offer my DT decided to rip the lid off.

4. I didn't want to take the stand. For strategic reasons my DT told me I needed to. And then I had to answer truthfully all the questions they asked.

5. My DT told me I don't have any mitigating factors....we actually joke that my mother should have beaten me harder.

6. I have no idea what mitigation my DT will use. Maybe that I'm a good candidate for prison because of good behavior? I don't know.

ETA. Sorry. Phone typing sucks.

Relating to Nurmi's assertion that she waived privilege by knowingly lying in post-conviction interviews about her DT...

Here's a list of what she said during the Troy Hayden interview that involved her representation:

1. DT for reasons unknown refused to pursue witnesses who saw my bruises, including my sisters, friends, and "a man."

2. DT didn't think photos on my HD were relevant to proving T was a pedophile, including him running after a naked 4 yr old boy, and they didn't go through photos on my HD that might have shown those bruises.

3. I didn't want to harm T's reputation. It was my DT's decision. After the State refused to accept my plea offer my DT decided to rip the lid off.

4. I didn't want to take the stand. For strategic reasons my DT told me I needed to. And then I had to a answer truthfully all the questions they asked.

5. My DT told me I don't have any mitigating factors....we actually joke that my mother should have beaten me harder.

6. I have no idea what mitigation my DT will use. Maybe that I'm a good candidate for prison because of good behavior? I don't know.

He may be covered legally, and he seems to be trying to walk that line , but he's clearly outside established ethical standards, but for some reason he doesn't seem to care.

4. I didn't want to take the stand. For strategic reasons my DT told me I needed to. And then I had to answer truthfully all the questions they asked.

BBM. Lol, I keep forgetting what a sense of humor Jodi has.

He may be covered legally, and he seems to be trying to walk that line , but he's clearly outside established ethical standards, but for some reason he doesn't seem to care.

Am responding to what AZL said, that there may be a wee loophole for Nurmi (which he's stretching beyond recognition) allowing him to go around AC privilege to defend himself, but only on the specific matters she knowingly lied about in public. Hence the list.

Still have no clue why he's doing what he be doing.

BBM. Lol, I keep forgetting what a sense of humor Jodi has.

Right? :D

For me the biggest and most hilarious whopper in that little section is her claim to have been victimized by her DT, forced into a strategy not of her choosing to "rip the lid" off and trash Travis.

BTW...Matching up what's been tweeted about the book:

1. Nurmi said he wanted to go with 2nd degree fit of rage, she wouldn't let him.

2. Nurmi said he wanted to keep her off the stand. She insisted upon testifying.

3. Nurmi wrote that she knew why those (non-existent) witnesses couldn't testify (because they were imaginary witnesses).

Right? :D

For me the biggest and most hilarious whopper in that little section is her claim to have been victimized by her DT, forced into a strategy not of her choosing to "rip the lid" off and trash Travis.

BTW...Matching up what's been tweeted about the book:

1. Nurmi said he wanted to go with 2nd degree fit of rage, she wouldn't let him.

2. Nurmi said he wanted to keep her off the stand. She insisted upon testifying.

3. Nurmi wrote that she knew why those (non-existent) witnesses couldn't testify (because they were imaginary witnesses).

I don't know if the witnesses were imaginary so much as they would have been lying (Matt McCarthy). Numri put people on the stand who said things that were certainly not true, but since the witnesses believed what they were saying, no matter how ridiculous it was, you can't accuse him of suborning perjury. Witnesses to her "bruises" would have been.

Thanks Hope4More. And you do an excellent job of typing on a phone. You must be a wiz bang on the computer.

Interesting. A poster on BK's site (she's read the whole book) says that Nurmi wrote he believed that CMJA would be on death row had JM tried and succeeded in having the pedo letters admitted into evidence. That the jury would have hated her because JM would have torn her apart on them.

I'd have to read that part (and others) for myself to be sure, I'm getting a sense that jabbing at JM and questioning his strategy is one of Nurmi's objectives......

When it comes out on Kindle I'm going to buy this first part of the trilogy after all.

I have no interest at all in what he has to say about the killer, but given the oddity of his writing this book at this time, I'm very curious what the book reveals about HIM.

Will post here (of course) after I've read it. I think it's supposed to be out on Kindle next week?

Interesting. A poster on BK's site (she's read the whole book) says that Nurmi wrote he believed that CMJA would be on death row had JM tried and succeeded in having the pedo letters admitted into evidence. That the jury would have hated her because JM would have torn her apart on them.

I'd have to read that part (and others) for myself to be sure, I'm getting a sense that jabbing at JM and questioning his strategy is one of Nurmi's objectives......
That may be his strategy but I'm not so sure he's right about that. It was 11-1 as it is, they all knew she was a liar anyway, and I'm not sure juror 17 would have voted for death under any circumstances. Besides IMO this is the better outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24