Book released by Defense Atty Nov 2015 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Appears that he did. I remember JM trying to bring in the fact she squeezed a cat so hard she either did harm it or clearly intended to. JSS ruled it inadmissable.

That info, IIRC, seems to have come from the notes of one of the DT's psych experts.

Thanks! H4M! Good memory, I forgot about that. But, then, in her texts to TA she finds a dog in a hot car, and calls 911 when she got back to Y. :rolleyes:

There were two books I could swear I remember her having- being discussed- one was Shanna Hogan's book about the killer and the other was (IIRC) Jose Baez' bulls*** book about defending his client/baby killer. Anyone else remember this- these?

If the question has to do with the confiscated books she references in her "fired" letter to JSS, then IIRC, there were two: one on Christianity and the other on Buddism in which she had written notes in the margin, so she claims, comparing the similarities of the two. JM found no problem and agreed could be released, which Nurmi refused to do.

Hope this helps.

So a question for anyone who may know, or AZL :loveyou:.

As I stated upstream, is there a legal distinction between facts and opinions as it relates to AC and an attorney writing a book that is about his client? Thanks

A/C privilege would relate to communications between the attorney and client only. Communications of fact/opinion...makes no difference.

The ethical rule about not revealing non-public information relating to the representation is much broader. I suppose you could reveal your feelings and opinions, but not what caused them unless it was public information. And IMO you couldn't sneakily say, e.g., "my opinion is that she was mean to animals," because that implies that you have confidential information to back up your opinion.

Don't you think he can only write about his feeeeeelings towards her. Does he have fact that she was mean to animals? If it is not fact, can he write about it?

There was evidence of her treating animals bad. JSS wouldn't let it in because she said it wasn't torture, and that was what Juan was going for. Something about torturing animals in the psy tests. But JSS said no. She told Det Flores she kicked a dog so hard it never came back home. Something about her taking care of a cat she left alone for a long time with no food. There is evidence she was mean, but not necessarily torture.

Yes, that is what has me confused. For the life of me I can't imagine any lawyer taking such a risk!! Of all people AN ATTORNEY knows full well what the extreme consequences of doing such a thing would bring. I may not like the guy very much but I don't think he is a stupid man at all. It just seems something is missing here :thinking:

I very much agree there's a piece missing here. Just doesn't make much sense otherwise.

A book by Nurmi (not making a joke here) discussing how he felt about representing her I could understand. I might even have bought his book if he explored the difficulties (generalized) about representing defendants who question your professional judgement or who refuse to accept sound legal advice, even when the DP is on the table.

Moral or professional conflicts vs ethical obligations. Something, anything other than what this APPEARS to be...an ad hominem attack on an ex-client, however maddening or vile. The personalization of the whole thing is what I find equally or more astonishing than skating the line about privilege.

Now I am looking forward to hearing from WSers who actually read the whole book and report. :)

I only know of the photography magazine that was intended to get to Matt McCartney (through a third party).

The only mention of books that I recall were the ones Dr. Fog and ALV gave JA when they were treating her. I mean interviewing her. I mean coaching her. I mean testing her.

If it was the magazine you're thinking of, samspace070, it may not have gotten back to her because it was confiscated and eventually entered into evidence in the trial. I don't know if Nurmi had told JA that she couldn't get it back, or if he did, she blames him anyway because nothing is ever her fault.

No it wasn't the magazines she was talking about, she claims she had two books that she wanted a friend to see and in the margins she was making notes about the similarities between Christianity and Buddhism. She said the court ruled the books could be returned but the MCSO never returned them and Nurmi wouldn't help her. He also wouldn't help her about a radio they confiscated. She said he didn't care about things that were important to her.

I thoroughly expect Juan's book to expose this convict for the twisted, lying murderer she is but if Nurmi's is as well it would be absolutely GOLDEN for the Alexander family (still unsure how much or how far KN will go in revealing the truth given potential legal/professional repercussions).

IF Nurmi's book turns out to truly be a full disclosure of the sadistic convict Arias' lies, manipulations and non-crazy insidiousness, I will be over-the-moon elated for the Alexander's and Travis' memory. IMO It will help to vindicate them and their brother because it is coming from someone who fought relentlessly to defend her in court, has been there since the beginning, and probably best knows her vengeful, jealous, inhumane, sadistic truth.

I really, really hope that KN's book reveals everything about this sadistic .

Paraphrased from BK's quote from N's book about why Ms. Arias.

He says he took the "high road" by calling her M.A. after she began complaining about him to courts and "others."

She would "scream" at him when he used it, and "behind the screams" were threats she would ruin him and his practice if he "did not obey her commands."

(So maybe he wants us to believe he is taking the high road in his book by calling her by her formal name).

Which seems to have reduced her to frothing frenzy because.....why? I'm guessing because he was clearly immune to her "charms" despite her cute little updates about her privates.

He deserved it after what he did to TA. He had to know that if she treated him like that then she was worse to TA.

If the question has to do with the confiscated books she references in her "fired" letter to JSS, then IIRC, there were two: one on Christianity and the other on Buddism in which she had written notes in the margin, so she claims, comparing the similarities of the two. JM found no problem and agreed could be released, which Nurmi refused to do.

Hope this helps.
No it wasn't the magazines she was talking about, she claims she had two books that she wanted a friend to see and in the margins she was making notes about the similarities between Christianity and Buddhism. She said the court ruled the books could be returned but the MCSO never returned them and Nurmi wouldn't help her. He also wouldn't help her about a radio they confiscated. She said he didn't care about things that were important to her.
I hadn't heard that before. Thanks. :)

Thank you! Interesting ...

BBM ~ Makes me think of Dr. Samuels, which is why Juan brought it up in court.

Remember this?

[video=youtube;BPmvXxP45Q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPmvXxP45Q0[/video]

Oh Lord! That gave me flashbacks!!! Possibly even set off an episode of foggy-PTSD! I am afraid to sleep for fear I will dream of Samuels! What a CRAZY, rediculous (sic) testimony! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Nurmi, responding to a comment on Twitter, said that his book isn't about the subject of winning or losing, but written to "offer his perspective on this tragedy."

Another snippet from the reader tweeting says that Nurmi asked her why Travis would write her letters confessing pedo since their communications were always by phone, text, etc., and that he couldn't comment about her reply because it was covered by AC privilege.

Kind of an interesting take on AC privilege, that his questions aren't covered, just her replies?

Nurmi, responding to a comment on Twitter, said that his book isn't about the subject of winning or losing, but written to "offer his perspective on this tragedy."

Another snippet from the reader tweeting says that Nurmi asked her why Travis would write her letters confessing pedo since their communications were always by phone, text, etc., and that he couldn't comment about her reply because it was covered by AC privilege.

Kind of an interesting take on AC privilege, that his questions aren't covered, just her replies?

So he's not taking the position, then, that's she's waived ALL privilege. :thinking:

Paraphrased from BK's quote from N's book about why Ms. Arias.

He says he took the "high road" by calling her M.A. after she began complaining about him to courts and "others."

She would "scream" at him when he used it, and "behind the screams" were threats she would ruin him and his practice if he "did not obey her commands."

(So maybe he wants us to believe he is taking the high road in his book by calling her by her formal name).

Which seems to have reduced her to frothing frenzy because.....why? I'm guessing because he was clearly immune to her "charms" despite her cute little updates about her privates.

Maybe he's beating her to the punch. She may not be able to write a book, but she can have her minions do her slandering for her on social media. It's gonna be her word against his. MDLR sure has been quite. Does anyone know if she's taken on another client and giving them the love? What all can she say about Jodi? Does she have the same "privilege" as nurmi and wilmont?

Everyone on the blogs were asking that question and on HLN too. Doesn't make sense that this man would write her a letter confessing about this when all his other communications were by text and cell phone. Remember her telling Juan that TA called her from his home phone on the day of the pedo incident because there were not a flurry of calls from his cell phone like she testified to. Why wasn't his home phone calls put into evidence??? I wonder if Nurmi kept them out for some reason.

Oh Lord! That gave me flashbacks!!! Possibly even set off an episode of foggy-PTSD! I am afraid to sleep for fear I will dream of Samuels! What a CRAZY, rediculous (sic) testimony! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Watching her in this clip made me want to jump into my computer and strangle her. She was unbelievable.

Yes, but neither of them "lived" in Vegas, however Gus took his motorhome there when he was doing "business". That dude is one shady character. I wish I could find more about the DT traveling to Vegas, I thought once I had read about them going to CA. to interview a witness, but Vegas is news to me. Too much slime to remember it all. :laughing: Too bad we don't have access to expenditure reports.

One of the things I remember was her 'modeling' she did . I also wonder if Nancy Grace exploiting the story caused any conflict. My guess is she did plenty of private "modeling" for money.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/21/man-who-hired-jodi-arias-model-clothing-line-speaks

Maybe he's beating her to the punch. She may not be able to write a book, but she can have her minions do her slandering for her on social media. It's gonna be her word against his. MDLR sure has been quite. Does anyone know if she's taken on another client and giving them the love? What all can she say about Jodi? Does she have the same "privilege" as nurmi and wilmont?

Hi ILTBP, very interesting theory and completely plausible that this convict would use whatever means necessary to violate and smear someone else--it's her MO after all.

Watching her in this clip made me want to jump into my computer and strangle her. She was unbelievable.

I totally feel ya Samspace. She always elicited such a deep (and quite frankly, disturbing) feeling of irrational anger in me.

I totally feel ya Samspace. She always elicited such a deep (and quite frankly, disturbing) feeling of irrational anger in me.

Even Casey A. didn't engender such anger in me. Only CMJA seems to bring out the worst in me. I can definitely understand why TA called her all those names and went into a RANT as that idiot ALV said. But then CA didn't get on the witness stand and go on for days with lie upon lie and give numerous interviews spouting her lies and trying to act so goodie two shoes. Then go on twitter and attack people from jail.

So he's not taking the position, then, that's she's waived ALL privilege. :thinking:

Apparently not. Am going to reread what BK posted in her blog about this, but seems like she (and everyone else) is largely basing her opinions on a few handfuls of tweets by a single person who may or may not be fairly representing what Nurmi wrote.

ETA...posted another question for you in legal thread about Ahler's investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ellllop