Bosma Murder Trial 02.01.16 - Day 1, Opening Statements

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some thoughts about the blood evidence found in/under the truck (and apologies in advance for how awful this all is)...

If DM was in the driver's seat when he shot Tim and it blew out the passenger side window, there is NO way they were going to drive all the way back to the hangar in Waterloo with Tim in the front passenger seat. The most likely scenario is, they (DM and MS) got out, put Tim in the back, laying down on the seat so as not to be seen, and headed to Waterloo. That would explain the evidence of gunshot residue in the FRONT of the truck, but there also being blood evidence in the back of the truck. As for Tim's blood being on the undercarriage of the truck, I can only imagine it was very messy by the time they got to the hangar and the blood had likely already begun to seep between the door and the frame - making it's way to the underside as well.

I know they haven't been convicted yet, so it's all "alleged" this and "alleged" that, even the news/talk radio dude today on am980 was all "we don't really know who did this" and I'm screaming in my van "are you seriously THAT dumb?!" :gaah: Ugh. There is no question in my mind, none whatsoever the correct parties are being tried for this crime.

Of course, this is entirely moo, based on what would seem to be so much more evidence than most cases ever have. There. Just had to vent a little.

Vent away Ontario Mom. :seeya:
Or I could imagine TB slumped over in the cab of his truck and no one would have see him either. Perhaps when the murderers made the stop in Brantford, in the industrial area where TB's phone was found, the murderers may have put Tim in the bed of his truck. I hope LE have surveillance video from many sources. But if they don't, the two videos they have now from inside and outside the hangar is fantastic, SOLID, evidence. Nothing circumstantial about it. IMO their goose is cooked.

If the passenger window was shot out, I suspect DM did the shooting. For MS to shoot why wouldn't he shoot from the back of Tim, straight on as that would make more sense than MS using his left hand to hold the gun in. Unless he is left handed, that would have been awkward and a possibility he could fumble. Logic says to me that it was DM who fired the gun. No doubt forensics will prove who the shooter was according to blood splatter. We will just have to wait and see their evidence.
ALL MOO.

So as I've thought from the beginning, the plan was to car jack the truck at gunpoint and at least one other overheard them talking about it, not necessarily to kill the owner. So why did he/they?

Thoughts:

A gun was present, since TB was shot with one. So we know they were WILLING to kill if they deemed it necessary. Otherwise why bring a gun to buy a truck? So they're already over the mental hurdle where violence has become an option.

Meanwhile, we have good reason to think they'd killed before. I've said all along that TB felt like escalation. They got away with LB, they got away with WM, and by the time of the truck scenario, killing probably seemed "easy".

Millard is an adrenaline junkie, and it's pretty clear he's not living in reality with regards to his own self-image. He probably still thinks he's "winning".

In short, I think they killed TB because they could, and because they believed they would easily get away with it--because they already had twice before.

I believe DM is a sociopath, and MS (and CN) went along for the ride. DM is probably quite charismatic to certain types of people.

..I agree ...McSherlock....we must wait for all these unanswered questions...robynhood:banghead:

I really fear that they are going to try to blame this on Tim.
'Tim freaked out, Tim tried to grab the gun, the gun went off...'

blah, blah, blah

IMO..I agree I think all the LE have the goods to cook MS and DM goose ...4 ever...murder , and intent to kill since they brought a gun....Evil beyond any human's belief and we shall see this in the court ...IMO I believe there will be NO reasonable doubt in anyone's mind....robynhood...:jail:

Why steal a truck? For the thrill? Why bring a gun to steal a truck? Did they think TB would also carry a gun? Maybe for the thrill? Didn't DM buy a condo right after this murder?

Leaving a stolen truck at his hangar is really weird. Were the seats and upholstery inside at that time? Didn't he also stop all regular deliveries to the hangar that week?

I think the Crown is trying to prove the there was intent to kill Tim Bosma, not an accidental shooting.

Regarding DM's fingerprints, it was posted earlier in this thread that Tim had washed and waxed the truck the day before (I think) in hopes of selling it. I bet that made it nice and easy for police to isolate DM's prints.

I believe he was cleaning the truck the day of the meeting with DM and MS. I have a friend who is a neighbour of the Bosma's and recalled driving past their house and Tim was out cleaning his truck. They waved to each other.

great article tells the whole story....Kamille..it was hard to understand from tweeter today ...here....off above article...In his opening statement, Crown attorney Craig Fraser said Millard and Smich shot Bosma in the truck before burning his remains in an incinerator outside an airport hangar owned by Millard, who is the heir to an aviation business — Millardair — started by his grandfather nearly 50 years ago.

&#8220;Tim Bosma was killed in his truck, shot by the two accused in close range while on a test drive,&#8221; Fraser said. &#8220;His body was incinerated hours later by the two accused.&#8221;..robynhood...it also goes on to say they have video evidence of them using the inciderator<<<sorry for the graphics....read article....post above #378!...robynhood.

I'm curious about the prosecutor's choice of words (red font). Is he stating they literally both shot Tim, or they are equally responsible for the shooting?

I just can't see it:

1. LB planned murder?
2. WM planned murder?
3. TB accidental shooting?

I'm curious about the prosecutor's choice of words (red font). Is he stating they literally both shot Tim, or they are equally responsible for the shooting?

Oh maybe they were both packing guns.

Why steal a truck? For the thrill? Why bring a gun to steal a truck? Did they think TB would also carry a gun? Maybe for the thrill? Didn't DM buy a condo right after this murder?

Dellen Millard, the man accused of killing Tim Bosma after taking his pick-up truck for a test drive, spent $627,000 on a condo in Toronto&#8217;s high-end distillery district the day after Bosma disappeared.

Millard, 27, paid upfront, in-full and in cash for the 37th floor unit built by Distillery SE Development Corp

http://www.macleans.ca/general/susp...condo-the-day-after-tim-bosmas-disappearance/

Leaving a stolen truck at his hangar is really weird. Were the seats and upholstery inside at that time? Didn't he also stop all regular deliveries to the hangar that week?

Continuing on my earlier theme, I bet they felt killing someone for a truck would be easier (and more thrilling) than whatever DM would need to do to liquidate $24k. Or possibly easier and more thrilling than writing a check, if it comes to that.

Having spent so much time focused on the farm, I agree it is weird to discover how much of this crime took place in the hangar. My current thoughts are that DM fancied himself a businessman, and now that Dad was dead, the hangar was both his man-cave/toy storage and his place of "business". He felt more in control there.

The farm was for partying; the hangar was for business, including the business of illegally obtaining vehicles. So they went there to take care of business.

Sorry to frame it so callously, but this is my impression when I try to get inside their heads, and no it is not a fun exercise.

Was he feeling nervous and jumpy because he knew exactly what was about to happen next?

It could be that not only was he nervous, but that he was pulling a gun out of a shoulder holster ( which he is known to have purchased ) and driving with one hand. He was wearing a t-shirt, so he may have had the holster on underneath, if it was a loose t-shirt, or he might have had a gun tucked in the waist band of his jeans under the t-shirt. I wonder what caliber gun was used to shoot Tim ? The forensic evidence might not show that, but if SM is testifying against DM, he could say.

It could be that not only was he nervous, but that he was pulling a gun out of a shoulder holster ( which he is known to have purchased ) and driving with one hand. He was wearing a t-shirt, so he may have had the holster on underneath, if it was a loose t-shirt, or he might have had a gun tucked in the waist band of his jeans under the t-shirt. I wonder what caliber gun was used to shoot Tim ? The forensic evidence might not show that, but if SM is testifying against DM, he could say.

"Police also found a spent .380 gun cartridge inside and Millard&#8217;s fingerprints inside and outside the truck."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ial-set-to-begin-in-hamilton/article28476260/

Briefly, but could someone shorthand for me who was supposed to be whom in the descriptions of SB and her tenant? I have no idea which one of them is taller (MS/DM), although I assume DM must have been the outgoing/charismatic one.

Also, was SB ever asked to confirm they were the same people as the defendants?

&#8220;Employees did as they were told to do,&#8221; Fraser said. &#8220;However, when they returned to work the following day, one employee saw a black pickup truck in the hangar that he believed could have been Tim Bosma&#8217;s.&#8221;

This employee, Fraser said, &#8220;knew about Bosma from the news,&#8221; so he took photos of the vehicle identification number and sent it to Crimestoppers. They matched Bosma&#8217;s truck, he said.
Sending info to Crimestoppers means the person could remain anonymous. Also this method of relaying info to LE takes more time and if TB was actually alive at the time, would have delayed possibly finding him. JMO

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ial-set-to-begin-in-hamilton/article28476260/

Does anyone else remember seeing this on the news at the time? I feel like the surveillance video was aired but can't seem to find it anywhere now. I believe it was in Brantford (where TB's cell phone was later found) so it would be separate video than those at the hangar.

Police say surveillance video captured images of Mr. Millard&#8217;s dark blue GMC Yukon SUV following Mr. Bosma&#8217;s 2007 Dodge Ram pickup truck on the evening of May 6

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ird-suspect-in-bosma-killing/article12370401/

I'm still trying to figure out how DM and MS arrived at the Bosma residence. I'm familiar with the area and it is country. Timmy's is not within walking distance. If they indeed had a 3rd person driving them then I can understand someone waiting at Timmy's for a call to come meet them maybe, or they were dropped off and the person left.

If there isn't a 3rd person involved where did they leave their vehicle? It would have had to have been on a sideroad somewhere and they truly would have had to walk to the Bosma's.

I recall, in the early goings, a line of thought that a vehicle had followed the truck up the road and everyone thinking there was a 3rd person involved. I assumed it could be CN. She's clearly in deeper than we originally thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member