Bosma Murder Trial 02.02.16 - Day 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will DM's Mother be testifying? The trailer (and truck) were found on her property.

In re-reading the Crown's opening statement, it dawned on me that poor TB's body was probably already inside the incinerator when it was towed to the hangar. There was mention of the video footage showing TB's truck pulling up to the hangar towing the incinerator (and with what is likely DM's Yukon following behind), as well as the footage showing the incinerator being ignited. No mention of TB on the video.

https://www.scribd.com/doc/297569867/Crown-s-opening-address

Yes, it seems apparent DM drove to the farmland in TB's truck with TB already deceased in the passenger side. MS is driving DM's Yukon tailing. MS and DM hitch up the incinerator to TB's truck. They put TB's body into the incinerator and tow it to the hangar.

Take a real "special" kind of person to be able to live with themselves after carrying something like this out. And to know DM is being charged with two more murders. He's special alright. A special kind of sickening. Not much yet has come out about MS. IMO I think he was DM's little gopher. Big man does the big jobs while the little gopher looks on and runs little errands and give a hand when the job is too heavy Big Dee.
ALL MOO.

These two would have been covered in blood from shooting TB as would the windows and the inside of the truck. How long is the drive from Ancaster to the Hangar? Did they bring extra clothing/towels with them to change into and to wipe up blood? Is that what the "knapsack" was for?

And not to forget they stopped or passed through Brantford, in the industrial area, where Tim's cell phone was found. Perhaps they changed there or just drove through to toss Tim's phone out.

We still don't know what the deal is with the knapsack. I wonder if MS's girlfriend said MS left the house with a knapsack and maybe carried a gun in it. If so, it's possible MS left the knapsack in the Yukon. JMO.

I thought I remembered a neighbour at the farm suggesting that the incinerator was moved from it's "usual place" into the trees and that the "usual place" was the scorched area? Wouldn't surprise me if it was used for small animals prior to this murder as well. For fun, not necessity.

Cremains are not all "ashes". There are many larger bones and fragments, as well as teeth etc. that are left after a proper cremation. When processed for the family of a deceased individual, these are sifted out, pounded and crushed and added to the rest of the "ashes". Either all of the 58 fragments, 2 bones and a tooth are from Tim and the forensic anthropologist just can't prove it with 100 percent certainty, or more of TB is buried somewhere on that farm and it's a mystery who or what animal belongs to the rest.

MOO

Hmm I have to wonder if any of those fragments or the tooth might have been LB's. Could this be how LE were able to tell her parents she was deceased? :thinking: I'm sure I read an article Monday that said the incinerator had been cleaned out, but there was a section in the bottom where fragments fell into. I dislike when that happens where I read something and then cannot find the article again. :gaah: MOO.

WTF is up with the excessive smiling by Millard on Day 2? Does his lawyer not have a pulse on the toe curdling this behaviour is causing the majority of observers, and in all likelihood, the jurors?

The SOB is accused of a heinous crime. Guilty or innocent - who is stupid enough to be continually SMILING and by many accounts, GRINNING, like it's all no big deal? Blah

In my opinion he's a narcissistic psychopath. He's enjoying every bit of the trial and being a show boat. I have no doubt in my mind he knows he's going to be found guilty based on all the solid/direct evidence against him. He's just enjoying patronizing people. In reality he's making himself look like an a&&hole in front of everyone including the jurors. Surely the judge and his lawyers are fully aware of his shenanigans and they won't put a stop to it because they want the jurors to see him for the real person that he is. Of course unless he gets totally out of hand, yes, then they will deal with him. His lawyers don't care, they are getting paid regardless. Maybe he is re-enacting the shows Dexter in his head now instead of Anakin with the braid hahaha. He did say this in his jailhouse interview:

“I spend time outside the cell in my head,” he says. “I re-enact movies in my head. It was Jurassic Park last night.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...didnt_kill_tim_bosma_exclusive_interview.html

The reporters aren't exaggerating about DM's behaviour in their tweets. If that is the case, I guess they must all be in cahoots to be sharing the same impression and tweets. :drama: And all is JMHO.

I wonder how TB's blood got onto various areas of the undercarriage of his truck? Did they run him over too?

"Tim Bosma’s blood was also found in various areas on the undercarriage of the truck."

They had the truck inside the hangar and I imagine they washed the exterior, maybe interior also, perhaps with a hose or pressure washer. Blood would have seeped underneath as the water ran off or out of the truck. MOO.

Will DM's Mother be testifying? The trailer (and truck) were found on her property.

Hard to say at this point. IF she wasn't home when it was parked in her driveway, and she knew nothing about it, didn't arrive home until after the trailer with Tim's truck inside was seized by LE, what could she possibly testify too? JMO.

I wonder how TB's blood got onto various areas of the undercarriage of his truck? Did they run him over too?

"Tim Bosma’s blood was also found in various areas on the undercarriage of the truck."
I also wonder. I did notice a rust hole in the rear drivers side wheel well on cursory zoom of Matou's truck picture posted upthread, in addition to other rust on the axle etc. It is possible that blood leaked through the floor if it was compromised. However, it seems unusual to me that there would be rust in the floor of a truck that new. I'm not sure if we will even be offered an explanation.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 2m2 minutes ago
Kancer says around 6:30-7:00, #TimBosma got a phone call. Said it was a person interested in his truck. "They're coming right now from #TO."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 1m1 minute ago
Kancer says #TimBosma "hurried and tried to clean up his truck" after getting the call. Helped clear his tools, milk crates etc from it.

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal 9s9 seconds ago
Kancer says he then left #TimBosma's place to go watch hockey at his dad's place.eaca vs. Bruins. "The comeback game."

Mark Carcasole ‏@MarkCarcGlobal now
After leaving his dad's Kancer was contacted by a frantic Sharlene #Bosma. Tim hadn't come home. He tried texting Tim. No reply.

I have been reading here for a while but just registered in order to make a correction here.
"The comeback" game was not May 6th as stated here but actually a week later on May 13th.

I'm laughing this morning at the theory that MS somehow went back and wiped off *only his own* fingerprints. Heh.

I'm the one who originally brought up the subject of handed-ness. Boyfriend writes with his left hand, says he would shoot with his right, BUT, wait ...

He says that if he was sitting in the driver's seat and needed to shoot someone in the passenger seat, it would feel more natural to him to conceal the gun on his left side, and pull it out and shoot with his left hand. When I asked if it didn't seem awkward to have to twist or at least aim your left arm past your own body, he said it would be steadier and less awkward than trying to extend your RIGHT arm to shoot someone so close on your right.

(I went into this expecting him to say the opposite, FWIW, especially after he said he would be inclined to hold a gun with his right. His explanation surprised me.)

Just adding a data point. BF is 6'2 and has long arms.

I'm the one who originally brought up the subject of handed-ness. Boyfriend writes with his left hand, says he would shoot with his right, BUT, wait ...

He says that if he was sitting in the driver's seat and needed to shoot someone in the passenger seat, it would feel more natural to him to conceal the gun on his left side, and pull it out and shoot with his left hand. When I asked if it didn't seem awkward to have to twist or at least aim your left arm past your own body, he said it would be steadier and less awkward than trying to extend your RIGHT arm to shoot someone so close on your right.

(I went into this expecting him to say the opposite, FWIW, especially after he said he would be inclined to hold a gun with his right. His explanation surprised me.)

Just adding a data point. BF is 6'2 and has long arms.

That's how I've been imagining it as well...concealing it on his left and bending his arm across his body to shoot with his left hand. I don't know much about guns but from what others have said it sounds like the type of gun in question doesn't have too much kickback.

However he used it (right or left handed, I'm inclined to think left) I can't imagine this would be the first time he shot the gun. He was likely very comfortable with it IMO.

Just had a thought about the absence of MS's fingerprints, specifically on the door handle. By all accounts, he was in the backseat.....TB could have been the one to open the door and let him in.....and then got in the front seat himself. i know it's a 4 door quad cab, but I do this for people all the time.....and TB seemed like the kind of guy who might....MOO....just throwing it out there...

Doesn't sound like his finger prints were found anywhere on or in the truck according to the Crown's OS. Likely because he didn't touch anything. Perhaps the only thing he did touch on the truck were the rear passenger door handle to get in and out of the truck. And maybe he pulled his hoodie sleeve down over his hand prior to using the handles. It hasn't come out yet where DM's prints were found on the exterior yet.
ALL MOO.
Swedie- in yesterdays testimony they only zeroed in on one print. The thumb print taken from the rear view mirror. IMHO, there should have been quite a few prints on the truck. MS's on the rear door, TB's on the passenger side and DM's on the drivers, the steering wheel, shifter etc. The fact that LE only have this one print would make me believe that the truck was wiped clean to eliminate all the prints. As I said earlier, the person wiping it just failed to think about the possibility that prints would be on the rearview mirror. That was a big mistake and good break for the Crown. MOO

Just throwing this out there, probably not relevant or correct, but a theory nonetheless :)

Did a quick search for "Lucas Bates", and discovered an off-road racing engine oil company called LUCAS Oil. Lucas Oil has some kind of TV show (Lucas Oil Racing TV)) with a popular female host named Erin BATES.

http://www.lucasoiloffroad.com/61-loorrs-enlists-erin-bates

Again, probably not relevant, but the off-road bit seemed worth a post til today's events commence.

Oh almost forgot! I also wanted to address the "strange" way DM drove out of TB's driveway.

My best guess is that the parking brake was on. I've gone to move my husband's truck and didn't think about the parking brake (the one on my Jeep is in a more noticeable location) until I started wondering why I was crawling.
That would explain the slow driving, and then the odd turn could have been him releasing the parking brake at the same time. OR if he's like my husband, he doesn't put his seat belt on before he starts driving and he was doing that.

Oh almost forgot! I also wanted to address the "strange" way DM drove out of TB's driveway.

My best guess is that the parking brake was on. I've gone to move my husband's truck and didn't think about the parking brake (the one on my Jeep is in a more noticeable location) until I started wondering why I was crawling.
That would explain the slow driving, and then the odd turn could have been him releasing the parking brake at the same time. OR if he's like my husband, he doesn't put his seat belt on before he starts driving and he was doing that.
My take on DM driving out weird was that he was putting on a show for TB-pretending that he was unfamiliar with driving a truck. TB wouldn't know that DM was familiar with driving a truck that size and after all, DM seems to be a master of showboating. And sadly, TB may be showing him different things- like any unsuspecting person, selling their truck would be doing. MOO

I also just thought that if DM's concealment holster was on his left side that he may have been exhibiting a bit of a jerky driving pattern as he tried to get to his gun and get it into position with his hand. May have been driving with one hand by the end of the driveway and that would make for a hard turn. MOO

My take on DM driving out weird was that he was putting on a show for TB-pretending that he was unfamiliar with driving a truck. TB wouldn't know that DM was familiar with driving a truck that size and after all, DM seems to be a master of showboating. And sadly, TB may be showing him different things- like any unsuspecting person, selling their truck would be doing. MOO

a) IMO, he wouldn't have pulled the gun until after turning out of the driveway, and probably not until having driven a distance from the house

b) IMO, If someone is showing up to buy a truck for $24K, I would be extremely surprised if they didn't know how to drive a truck, so "putting on a show" like that would be more out of place than him being a "pro", you know?

ETA: I agree TB may have been showing him "features"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member