Bosma Murder Trial 02.17.16 - Day 10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17 2016 3:42 PM
Attempts were made to try to source ID numbers on the seatbelt buckles, but nothing came back.

Feb 17 2016 3:44 PM
The seatbelt buckles are now being passed around in a bag for the jury to examine.

Feb 17 2016 3:37 PM
Fraser now asking about where the officers went that first day after they found the Eliminator.

Feb 17 2016 3:37 PM
They next went to the burn site in the cornfield about 200 metres away.

Feb 17 2016 3:39 PM
"When we first approached the areas I could smell some sort of accelerant," Huys says. There was also pieces of wire and broken glass on the ground. "The larger one looked like it had been cleaned - like things were removed or pulled away."

Feb 17 2016 3:40 PM
Court now seeing closeups of the burn sites.

Feb 17 2016 3:40 PM
Three seatbelt buckles were also recovered from the burn sites.

And there we have it. Seats burned at those burn sites at the farm. But why three? The seat frame we saw charred would have 2 seatbelts. Did we see a photo of DM's Yukon with a seat missing? I thought that was being discussed from one of the pictures of the interior. MOO

Scary to think people like that live among us. Millard went to public school around the corner from my parents house, in the same school I attended. He was arrested on Cawthra road, an area I grew up in. His Etobicoke home backed on to a golf course and was literally across the fairway from my sister in law's childhood home.

I have very similar ties. I lived on Markland Drive and was friends with the Millard's neighbours kids when in High School. I now live in Southwestern Ontario and am very familiar with Trinity Road, Book Road and where the Ayr farm is located. It's quite surreal to actually know exactly what they are talking about and where everything is.

And there we have it. Seats burned at those burn sites at the farm. But why three? The seat frame we saw charred would have 2 seatbelts. Did we see a photo of DM's Yukon with a seat missing? I thought that was being discussed from one of the pictures of the interior. MOO

I'd assume the enter console lifted and could be used as a third seat? My car is like that.

Feb 17 2016 3:47 PM
Two of the buckles were cleaned, but one one too melted and hard on the inside for the investigators to clean them up, Huys says.

Feb 17 2016 3:47 PM
Now court seeing photos of the excavator in the back swamp.

Feb 17 2016 3:48 PM
A glove was also seized in proximity to the barn, Fraser says.

Scary to think people like that live among us. Millard went to public school around the corner from my parents house, in the same school I attended. He was arrested on Cawthra road, an area I grew up in. His Etobicoke home backed on to a golf course and was literally across the fairway from my sister in law's childhood home.

That's one of the reasons this case in particular has captivated so many. So many of us can relate in some way to either Millard (not that we're creepy killers but in the way you've outlined above) or with the Bosmas or both. Some even have a connection to the farm in Ayr - simply by way of living in the area and driving past it every single day. It just hit TOO close to home.

It's a black nitrol glove found on the ground on the east side of the barn on the property.

Feb 17 2016 3:51 PM
Court now seeing a series of photos taken on May 13, when Huys and Dr. Rogers examined the incinerator.

I can't be the only one that when they see a picture of that Eliminator gets a tad freaked out. That is one scary looking device.

It's a black nitrol glove found on the ground on the east side of the barn on the property.

Feb 17 2016 3:51 PM
Court now seeing a series of photos taken on May 13, when Huys and Dr. Rogers examined the incinerator.

BBM Same type of glove that DM had in his pocket when arrested? He had 3 in his pocket..is this the one that makes 4?

I can't be the only one that when they see a picture of that Eliminator gets a tad freaked out. That is one scary looking device.

Knowing what it was used for? It's a horrifying image to me.

Feb 17 2016 3:52 PM
Rogers was there to tell Huys if things found inside the Eliminator were bones or not.

Feb 17 2016 3:54 PM
There's a thick, heavy concrete door on the Eliminator. There are thick cement tubes on the inside.

Feb 17 2016 3:55 PM
Now we're seeing a series of photos taken on May 15.

Feb 17 2016 3:55 PM
Rogers and Huys were still examining the incinerator.

Feb 17 2016 3:56 PM
The examination was conducted over three days.

I have very similar ties. I lived on Markland Drive and was friends with the Millard's neighbours kids when in High School. I now live in Southwestern Ontario and am very familiar with Trinity Road, Book Road and where the Ayr farm is located. It's quite surreal to actually know exactly what they are talking about and where everything is.

A little of topic. Many years back (late 80s or early 90s) I took a day off work and was visiting my parents home around the corner from the Toronto French School where Millard went to school. It was winter and there was a public outdoor rink on the school yard, so I decided to go for a morning skate. While on the ice, the recess bell sounded and out came the kids. They immediately stole my bag containing my shoes and jacket. Dispute the fact that I was an adult, these kids had absolutely no fear of me or respect of me. When I managed to track down a teacher, their response was "this is school property, you shouldn't be skating here. Tough luck". I never did get my stuff back and to be honest, when I heard Millard went there it didn't surprise me at all.

I honestly don't understand how so many people look at it and think 'smoker' or 'bbq'. I look at it and think 'holocaust'.

I'd assume the enter console lifted and could be used as a third seat? My car is like that.

That's right. The Rams have a third buckle in the middle. The console raises 90° to become a backrest.

Feb 17 2016 3:58 PM
Court now seeing a picture of Dr. Rogers, wearing a full tyvek suit with booties.

Feb 17 2016 3:59 PM
Metal grommets and other foreign debris were also found inside the incinerator, Huys says.

(Could these be from someone's clothing? Jeans, shoes, etc.?)

Feb 17 2016 3:59 PM
A lot of the debris was dusty, or very small. In those cases, those areas were swept into a bag in one area.

I honestly don't understand how so many people look at it and think 'smoker' or 'bbq'. I look at it and think 'holocaust'.

Agreed I have a couple outdoor smokers and when I look those they bring joy to me. When I first saw a picture of this thing I thought of death. It is scary and even more so now that you know what it was used for.

Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
Police used a blue tarp to cover the eliminator when not investigating. @CHCHNews #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 2m2 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
We are seeing photographs of the forensic team doing their work at the Eliminator. One of Sgt Huys colleagues climbed inside #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Photo shoes blue tarp over Eliminator, Dr. Rogers in white suit, hood, inside the Eliminator passing items out to Huys.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Also found metal grommets inside Eliminator.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
Looking at a photo of the anthropologist inside Eliminator collecting evidence. It is so big only her head pokes out the top door. #Bosma

Knowing what it was used for? It's a horrifying image to me.

What freaks me out is that to many it does look similar to a "redneck bbq smoker". I have seen huge commercial units that look similar in the southern US. Just the comparison is "oh so wrong" and yet I get it. Sad, creepy, unbelievable, sick, twisted....I have more but not enough time. I'm supposed to be working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HollyMcKee