Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 18 2016 12:40 PM
Millard had said something akin to "Diesel is hard to get," which Fox says didn't make sense to him

For the life of me, I have no idea how Millard came to this conclusion. Once you are up to a 1 ton dually, its hard to find it as a gas-er. Not the other way around. Like many Millard-isms, this makes no sense.

Someone here said that there will be no jury for the entire day tomorrow? So no witnesses or anything either for the entire day???

Going to motive- decided this time (5 yrs later) he needed a diesel engine, I guess? No clue why DM's lawyer wanted/needed a break to ask the question he did.

Can anyone clarify for me what the relevance is of this conversation? I admit I don't track well on the Baja tangent.

Total guess......but I believe this is the Crown trying to prove motive.....TB's truck had a diesel engine.....this witness suggested to DM that he should have bought a diesel engine.....

For the life of me, I have no idea how Millard came to this conclusion. Once you are up to a 1 ton dually, its hard to find it as a gas-er. Not the other way around. Like many Millard-isms, this makes no sense.

I think he might be referring to diesel fuel being hard to get. In Mexico. That's all I can come up with. There seems to be some talk, if you do a search, that Mexican diesel is poorer quality and can harm 2007 or newer diesel trucks. https://www.mexicomike.com/fuel_in_mexico/diesel-mexico.html

DM's was a 2005, though.

I'm just wondering if this somehow leads to DM saying diesel is hard to get.

Can anyone clarify for me what the relevance is of this conversation? I admit I don't track well on the Baja tangent.
I think the rationale behind the conversation is to 1) introduce DM's red ram truck and the fact it was a gas guzzler . 2) introduce that CM's mechanic questioned DM years ago on the wisdom of getting a hemi to make the trip to the Baja race when a diesel would have been more cost efficient.

Perhaps with more information from witnesses the Crown will be confirming that DM was going to Baja in 2013 and really wanted a truck with a diesel engine. When he was arrested, DP said DM had lots of money- enough to buy the truck, but maybe he really didn't? MOO

I think the rationale behind the conversation is to 1) introduce DM's red ram truck and the fact it was a gas guzzler . 2) introduce that CM's mechanic questioned DM years ago on the wisdom of getting a hemi to make the trip to the Baja race when a diesel would have been more cost efficient.

Perhaps with more information from witnesses the Crown will be confirming that DM was going to Baja in 2013 and really wanted a truck with a diesel engine. When he was arrested, DP said DM had lots of money- enough to buy the truck, but maybe he really didn't? MOO

Agreed! Except the bolded - maybe, maybe not. Maybe he just preferred to steal.

DM, SS and AM went to Baja, Mexico in May 2012 with the red Ram truck, the trailer that TB's truck was found in, and one of his two modified Jeeps to enter the Baja 500 off road race. FWIW, DM was driving, AM was riding shotgun and SS was the official mechanic. DM rolled the Jeep within the first 6 miles so he did not complete the race. However both he and AM got tattoos to mark the occasion.

The 45th Annual Baja 500 race started on May 30th, 2013. The official pre running of the course started May 15th, 2013. So during the first week of May, it appears that DM was getting his "employees" to build a new trailer with special compartments (looks like the one he hid TB's truck in had seen better days) and was looking for a diesel Dodge Ram truck to pull it, telling IT that he was going to car races in Calgary. Stands to reason to me that he was going to head down for the Baja 500 race again or he really was going to another off road race in Calgary. We haven't researched what race would be going on out there in May 2013 as this is just new information during the trial.

Personally I still think that he was heading back to Baja. He mixes some truth in with his lies it seems. And he had the tattoo but had not yet completed the race. ;)

MOO

And wasn't it you, Kamille, who found where DM was signed up for the 2013 race? Or am I confusing that with his registration for 2011.

ETA: It hasn't been posted on here that we saw where DM was signed up for 2013.

I interpreted it as hard to find gas, as in on the way to Baja but I see your thought as well.

And wasn't it you, Kamille, who found where DM was signed up for the 2013 race? Or am I confusing that with his registration for 2012.

He was not officially signed up for the race in 2013. But I believe he didn't sign up for the 2012 one until he got there so that was nothing unusual.

MOO

I interpreted it as hard to find gas, as in on the way to Baja but I see your thought as well.

I thought it was the gas as well. But it's interesting that his lawyer didn't try to clarify it.

MOO

DM, SS and AM went to Baja, Mexico in May 2012 with the red Ram truck, the trailer that TB's truck was found in, and one of his two modified Jeeps to enter the Baja 500 off road race. FWIW, DM was driving, AM was riding shotgun and SS was the official mechanic. DM rolled the Jeep within the first 6 miles so he did not complete the race. However both he and AM got tattoos to mark the occasion.

It was actually 2011, not 2012.

In 2011, Dellen, along with co-driver Andrew Michalski competed in the Baja 500 desert off-road race in Mexico. Michalski's Facebook page has photos of him and Dellen working on the bright yellow Jeep before the race. The photos were taken at an airport hangar.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/who-is-dellen-millard-charged-in-tim-bosma-killing-2-others-1.2605821

Wasn't TB's truck diesel? So maybe he's trying to show DM had no interest in his truck?

All the trucks he called to test drive were diesel. Different years, different colours, but all diesel.

MOO

Sickest part of this whole thing is that someone with money (apparently) could pay the asking price of the truck and instead of paying for it, so many lives have been changed because of greed. Three years later we are hearing of the voice cracking of a seasoned witness when explaining the need for the family to have as much of Tim's remains as possible. The jurors, the witnessess, family and friends of all involved, a random guy riding a dirt bike, LE, others who had trucks for sale... the list is endless of those personally affected and touched by this crime.

I truly believe the only reason he pleaded not guilty is he is enjoying the story of that night being retold to the Bosma family and friends.

If he had pled guilty he would still have to recount the story of that night in court, in front of any court spectators, only he would have had control over the telling of the tale.

If the people who are saying that he is regularly smiling in court are the same ones who said that he was smiling in his mugshot, I'd take it with a grain of salt. I saw the mugshot, and that wasn't a smirk or a smile in my opinion.

My opinion only.

Sorry...that is correct. It was 2011. When were the fiance pics taken? Wasn't that 2012?

ETA: Nevermind, I found it. All the change between girlfriends and the Baja trip was in 2011. 2012 was LB's disappearance and WM's death.

So it had been a couple of years since he was in Baja. Was this a bi-annual thing? He bought the red truck in 2009. Was that his first Baja trip? :waitasec:

2009, 2011, 2013?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members