Bosma Murder Trial 02.25.16 - Day 15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain to me how you "restructure" a company with 3.7 million dollars when all you did was lay off every employee except for yourself and your buddy and continue to play with cars while never actually making an effort to advertise or hire any sales representative to promote your "new company"?

:waitasec:

MOO

This guy kinda sums things up..I wonder when he will be taking the stand?

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/m...-bosma-murder-suspect-started-to-dismantle-it

Can someone explain to me how you "restructure" a company with 3.7 million dollars when all you did was lay off every employee except for yourself and your buddy and continue to play with cars while never actually making an effort to advertise or hire any sales representative to promote your "new company"?

MOO

Doesn't take an accountant or financial planner to be able to tell you that your $$ won't last long when you have EXPENSES to pay and zero income.
IMO, this is where the "system" is flawed...the Crown should be allowed to lay all the cards on the table...give all the details known from May 2013 forward to current. Facts are Facts...again my opinion

I think LW's testimony still brought forward some important points:

- gas prices for a trip to Baja are in the thousands ($7k-$10k)
- Millard Air never had any income and was running on loans
- hinky personal things going on like paying for DM's vacations and having MB on the payroll going on

[video=twitter;702909251514208260]https://twitter.com/nmartinCHCH/status/702909251514208260[/video]

I thinks she is covering her face because she knew there was sketchy business going on. Expenses for not business related activities, payments for people who appear to do nothing. I wonder when the CRA will go after them for tax issues

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 32s32 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
The jury is back - they're being recalled a few minutes early. #hamont #timbosma #bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 51s51 seconds ago Hamilton, Ontario
Justice Goodman is excusing the jury for the afternoon for legal arguments. I can't report on anything said this afternoon. #timbosma #bosma

Feb 25 2016 1:22 PM
The jury is back - they're being recalled a few minutes early.

Feb 25 2016 1:23 PM
Justice Goodman is excusing the jury for the afternoon for legal arguments. I won't be able to report on anything said this afternoon.

The bookkeeper seems really odd. Smiling to DM as she walked to the stand? Visited him 6 times while he was in jail? The way the Crown kept asking her questions, it seemed like she was not giving them the answer they expected or wanted to hear. And she claims to be a bookkeeper by trade, but then agrees with the defense that she has "no idea what she's talking about with respect to a company's financial affairs." It's just so.... odd. Oh, and covering one's face from the media is not abnormal, but it's usually only done by people who get vilified in the media such as accused criminals and what not. Whose side is she on??

And that's a wrap for today again. :gaah:

The bookkeeper seems really odd. Smiling to DM as she walked to the stand? Visited him 6 times while he was in jail? The way the Crown kept asking her questions, it seemed like she was not giving them the answer they expected or wanted to hear. And she claims to be a bookkeeper by trade, but then agrees with the defense that she has "no idea what she's talking about with respect to a company's financial affairs." It's just so.... odd. Oh, and covering one's face from the media is not abnormal, but it's usually only done by people who get vilified in the media such as accused criminals and what not. Whose side is she on??

She went to police in 2013 at the urging of DM's uncle to tell them what she knew about the plan to go to Baja. Perhaps she regrets that decision as she still appears to be friendly with MB and DM and still continued to do work for them after the fact. Personally, I find it interesting that so far we see two people (SS and LW) who likely have some damning information about DM but were "kept in the fold" so to speak by MB. So I don't expect either of their testimony to be all out truthful and accurate.

MOO

MOO
[In 2012 there was a fair bit of talk about WM wanting to take the company in a new direction. I vaguely recall whether from newspapers or this forum that WM pretty much told DM 'clean out your toys and garbage' and get ready to do some real business in the hangar. That was about the time WM secured the big money from RBC in October 2012 and just a short time before his death.
There was a lot of speculation that DM did not necessarily approve and that may have inspired him to hasten his father's demise.
In November 2012 WM died and DM took charge. It was DM you dismissed the 14 employees with the exception of SS.
DM had the cash and his own plans for the cash and the company.]

I work in the legal biz and I can assure you they are NOT great hours!

I'm sure you're just kidding, but just in case you weren't lol.

"Crime don't pay but the hours are better" ;)

[In 2012 there was a fair bit of talk about WM wanting to take the company in a new direction. I vaguely recall whether from newspapers or this forum that WM pretty much told DM 'clean out your toys and garbage' and get ready to do some real business in the hangar. That was about the time WM secured the big money from RBC in October 2012 and just a short time before his death.
There was a lot of speculation that DM did not necessarily approve and that may have inspired him to hasten his father's demise.
In November 2012 WM died and DM took charge. It was DM you dismissed the 14 employees with the exception of SS.
DM had the cash and his own plans for the cash and the company.]

DM may have had the cash and his own plans for the cash and the company, but it was the bank's cash. DM couldn't unilaterally change direction of the company without telling the bank - they could pull the loan on him (which it seems they later did.)

The family coffers were running low - the hangar wasn't running on Millard cash anymore, but being propped up by the bank.

Once WM died there were no real plans that would have brought in the needed income. There was a forecast that renting the hangar would bring in $125,000/year...but with MB drawing $60k/year, DM likely something similar...there was no money left over for a truck in that $125k.

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 2h2 hours ago
A text message from Williams to Millard showed that in 2013 it was projected MillardAir would earn $125,000 @CHCHNews

Nicole Martin ‏@nmartinCHCH 2h2 hours ago
Millard's lawyer said that $125k projected would have been more than enough for #millard to buy a truck.

...and pay MB and DM and SS?

I think LW's testimony still brought forward some important points:

- gas prices for a trip to Baja are in the thousands ($7k-$10k)
- Millard Air never had any income and was running on loans
- hinky personal things going on like paying for DM's vacations and having MB on the payroll going on

I think you are right on, Snooper. I don't think Williams was here to give us the big picture on DM/Millardair financial status. I think the Crown will have a forensic accountant in to do that, like they did in the Dennis Oland case, where finances were part of the motive for the murder. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/oland-trial-finances-money-1.3305286

Nice pay check for doing nothing! And SS was paid up till April 2015?? Wonder what he was up to?!

And was SS on the witness list? Do not contact list?
I wonder what this means for any "testimony" he gives at trial <modsnip>

Feb 25 2016 11:48 AM
There was no income in January 2012, Williams says. There were expenses though -- the hangar construction at the Waterloo airport didn't finish until December of that year.

Feb 25 2016 11:50 AM
We're now hearing about the statement Williams gave to police. She was instructed to go there by Robert Burns -- Millard's uncle.

Feb 25 2016 11:51 AM
She says she didn't know that the questioning would be about expenditures and the financial well being of Millard. "Did you have any idea what they wanted to speak to you about?" Sachak says. "No, I assume they wanted to talk about Dellen being arrested," she says.

Feb 25 2016 11:53 AM
Sachak now saying she didn't know about what the hangar was worth. "There was a lot of equipment in that hangar. You don't even know the value of the equipment in that hangar." He says. Correct, she says.

Feb 25 2016 11:54 AM
"It's not only just the money that's coming in our out that determines the financial wellbeing of the company," Sachak says. "Yes," she responds.

***Nice try Sachak. The value of the properties and content don't count for liquid cash available to buy a truck.

This doesn't make sense to me at all. She knew Millard has been arrested, she did his books but didn't think they would ask her about that???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895