DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is the Bosma murder trial daily discussion thread. The trial daily discussion thread is for discussion of trial evidence/testimony only, not for general discussion, posts about past threads, other members, etc. Off-topic posts will be removed.

Note: Only testimony that is published through MSM reporting (articles and tweets) is allowed. Keep discussion focused on testimony as it becomes public knowledge and remember to link up to MSM reporting of same.

Any testimony that might remain under Publication Ban, and any courtroom discussion that takes place when the jury is not present, is strictly off-limits. Posts that violate a Publication Ban, or discussion when the jury is absent, will be removed.

At all times, keep in mind Websleuths TOS, so affectionately referred to as The Rules.

There will be ZERO TOLERANCE for snarky or disrespectful posts and/or subtle digs at other members. Mods will not be PMing you with explanations, you will find your post has disappeared, or that you can no longer post.

There is to be NO name calling or name variations, not even of the accused.

There is to be no BICKERING between members. A difference of opinion is NOT a TOS violation. Some will think one or both of the accused are guilty, some will think one or both are not guilty, and some will be on the fence. All of that is okay and should NOT BE ATTACKED. If you disagree, that's fine, move past the post. If a post is offensive, alert it and let the Mods review it. If you respond to the post, both the offensive post AND yours will be removed and may result in other consequences.

Other reminders for reference as we have respectful discussion in each of the daily trial discussion threads:

Abuse of the WS Alert feature can have consequences including timeout or worse. Such abuse includes, but is not limited to:

• Overuse of the alert system

• Repeatedly alerting on the same poster

• Demanding a specific outcome

• Alerting on the same post more than once

Once you have alerted on a post, please move on without discussing it, and don't question the decisions of our Administrators, Moderators or Owners, and don't expect personalized responses with explanations about a particular decision.

The principle of “innocent until proven guilty” is for the court room … it is not required that Websleuths members adhere to that principle. Members are allowed to discuss, speculate, theorize, and judge according to opinions they develop from following the specifics of the case.

If you have any questions, PM a Mod and we will be happy to assist you. The main Mods/Admin for this trial will be Bessie, Coldpizza, and sillybilly.

:tyou:

**If you would like to post tweets while court is in session, please read this thread first:
[h=1]Bosma Murder Trial Twitter Roll Call[/h]
Reporters to follow on Twitter:

Jacques Gallant, Toronto Star
Adam Carter, CBC Hamilton - ArianeEmory
Mark Carcasole, Global Toronto - Matou
Molly Hayes, The Hamilton Spectator
Peter Ackman, CTV National News
Nicole Martin, CHCH TV
Susan Clairmont, The Hamilton Spectator
Shannon Martin, CBC Toronto News

Also, check this site for real time updates.

http://www.cbc.ca/hamilton/news/

ifZ830f.jpg

link:rose:

Incinerator evidence focus at trial of men accused in death of Tim Bosma
CBC News Posted: Feb 29, 2016 8:56 AM ET

the-eliminator.png

Experts spend days examining an incinerator called "The Eliminator" found on a farm once owned by Millard in Ayr, Ont. (Court exhibit)

The trial of the two men accused of murder in the death of Hamilton's Tim Bosma resumes Monday and is expected to hear from a forensic biologist who examined The Eliminator, Bosma's truck and other key evidence in the trial.

The Superior Court trial is now into its fifth week.

CBC Live Blog

Live Blog Mobile

The Star Live Blog

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont
Tim #Bosma murder trial resumes today at 10. A DNA scientist from Toronto's Centre of Forensic Science expected to take the stand.

Many thanks to those that are able to post tweets. :cupcake:

Does anyone think the jury may go on a field trip, to see the Hanger, farm etc? Do we know at this point where the eliminator was taken to be held as evidence?

Taking the jury to see the incinerator would be very powerful.

Good morning all, I can transcribe Adam's blog today. I'll let you know in the main thread if anything changes. Looking forward to interesting developments today!

I'm back at the courthouse this morning for the first day of the Tim Bosma trial this week. Follow along for updates.
by Adam Carter 9:01 AM

We're starting early this morning at 9:30 for some legal arguments, with open court set to start at 10 a.m.
by Adam Carter 9:32 AM

Need a recap from last week? Here's my story from Thursday:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamil...f-dellen-millard-s-company-disputed-1.3463996
by Adam Carter 9:33 AM

Though we were supposed to start at 9:30 a.m., we're not underway yet.
by Adam Carter 9:41 AM

Now we're underway in absence of the jury. I'll let you know when the jury is in the room and I'm able to write about the evidence presented.
by Adam Carter 9:51 AM

Open court was expected by 10 a.m., but we're still in legal arguments. Seems like we'll be a little while yet.
by Adam Carter 10:03 AM

Would it help anyone differentiate the blog posts from other comments if I posted Adam's blog in a different coloured font? Nothing garish, maybe dark blue,dark green or maroon.

Feb 29 2016 10:03 AM Open court was expected by 10 a.m., but we're still in legal arguments. Seems like we'll be a little while yet.

we are off to a good start :scared:

Would it help anyone differentiate the blog posts from other comments if I posted Adam's blog in a different coloured font? Nothing garish, maybe dark blue,dark green or maroon.

The way you've been doing it works just fine for me.

Feb 29 2016 10:03 AM Open court was expected by 10 a.m., but we're still in legal arguments. Seems like we'll be a little while yet.

we are off to a good start :scared:

Par for the course this past week! :facepalm:

Lisa Hepfner hat retweetet
Sean Leathong ‏@SeanLCHCH 58 Min.Vor 58 Minuten Hamilton, Ontario
Hey @OPP_News my news station booked a parking spot by the courthouse and someone took it.

Parking.jpg

I think that is a brilliant idea.
On the weekend, I went back over LW's testimony --- it took forever to sift through all the comments and get back to the reporters' posts.

I think that is a brilliant idea.
On the weekend, I went back over LW's testimony --- it took forever to sift through all the comments and get back to the reporters' posts.

I have edited my posts on page 1 of this thread to show up in maroon. If this is too distracting/not helpful, please let me know. I was thinking the same though, Abitcountry, because when I can't follow along in real time it takes hours to get through everything.

I have edited my posts on page 1 of this thread to show up in maroon. If this is too distracting/not helpful, please let me know. I was thinking the same though, Abitcountry, because when I can't follow along in real time it takes hours to get through everything.

I like it Velma, thank you.

Like I said....BRILLIANT !!
I just went back to check your edit.....BAM !! Quick scan and there it was. IMO the colour is perfect as well.
I am on WS because I love reading the contributions of all the members on the site...the insights...the different view points .....and the wicked sharp humour !!!
But if I can easily check out what a journalist reports in real time and get back to it when I want to double check something reported, then I have everything I need in one spot--easy peasy!!

You can tell it's a quiet morning when we're discussing font colour. :) I hope open court gets underway soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214