Bosma Murder Trial 04.06.16 - Day 31

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
In police statement, Daly says he never saw gun and doesn't know where it went. #Bosma

"It scares the shut out of me," Daly said of gun.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 45s45 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Dungey reading Daly part of his police statement about the gun: 'I've never seen it, it scares the **** out of me.' #BosmaTrial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 15s15 seconds ago
Dungey reads Daly's statement to police when he came clean about gun. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 13s14 seconds ago
Dungey just called Daly an alcoholic in his line of questioning, again hammering away at Daly's hazy memory #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 22s23 seconds ago
When police ask what kind of gun it is, Daly says "I have no dies I've never seen it, I've never touched it...it scares the **** out of me."

Dungey now questioning Daly about one of his police statements.
by Adam Carter 12:24 PM

In statement, Daly says he never saw the gun. "It scares the s**t out of me," the statement reads.
by Adam Carter 12:24 PM

Dungey says the reason why Daly wasn't totally truthful in his first statement is because of drug and alcohol use.
by Adam Carter 12:25 PM

Again from the statement: "What he said is that he had sent Arthur to pick something up, and he was pretty sure Arthur had told his mom and he was worried about it."
by Adam Carter 12:27 PM

So both DM and MS claimed a fear of being set up to at least one person (DM to LW2, IIRC). But DM said someone at WORK may have set him up, whereas MS is much more specific about who it could be.

Was he? Because a minute before that he didn't know what MS was afraid of. And Dungey did just point out that MS was someone DM worked with.

Daly also said MS said he wasn't there, and we know that was a lie, so why should we believe him when he says he was also scared of being set up now?

He just finished saying that he doesn't know what MS was afraid of, then instantly agrees with TD that he was afraid of DM framing him. But if he didn't know, how can he agree? Something fishy there in my opinion.

I'm surprised this line of questioning is permitted, how could the witness have known - doesn't he have to repeat the words that MS said, rather than speculate on what he was thinking?

"I'm not always pressured by my best friend who I'm scared of, into selling a hot murder weapon, but when I am, I meet up with Bleach at the park and smoke dope"

Holy moses what a trainwreck life these young men were living :( I don't even smoke dope and Dungey is making ME feel hazy.

Something is either by design, or this case is getting very confusing.

They publish the time and date that LW_2 messaged DM about pressing the snooze button and peeing, but don't give us the time that DM called Tony to cancel the paint job. Or the time of day on the 6th that Daly was brushed off by MS.

These are two very important timelines.

MOO

Pillay objecting to the way Dungey has put Daly's police statement to him. Says there is additional context. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 16s17 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Dungey going through Daly's police statement. #BosmaTrial

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 59s60 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
In his police statement, Daly said he asked Smich countless times what was in the toolbox #BosmaTrial

What i'm thinking of as "sketchy" at the moment, is Dungey's artificial insemination of doubt into Daly's testimony.

Even Daly as a witness, recognizes that... even speaking out of both sides of his mouth/pandering to the two defense lawyers as he is.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Dungey says Daly doesn't remember because he was in a haze. Daly: "By that logic there could be everything I don't remember."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 40s41 seconds ago
@susanclairmont Should be "anything" in previous quote.

I'm surprised this line of questioning is permitted, how could the witness have known - doesn't he have to repeat the words that MS said, rather than speculate on what he was thinking?

The defense tactic is to trip up the Crown's witnesses. Asking the same questions over and over again with slight wording differences to get different answers to essentially the same question.

RP said it himself "I ask the questions here" on multiple occasions already. After several witnesses have said they answered the original question lol.

Dungey is trying to show that Daly didn't withhold info in his first police statement, but Pillay and the Crown have both objected to this.
by Adam Carter 12:30 PM

"He told me that's why he had been so worried and that's why he had been at the house," Daly says in his statement, about the toolbox. "I asked him a bunch of times [what was in it], but he wouldn't tell me," he goes on.
by Adam Carter 12:32 PM

"That's what you were able to remember at that time," Dungey says. "You weren't trying to hide anything from the police at that time." Daly says correct.
by Adam Carter 12:34 PM

Police asked Daly what was in the toolbox. Daly answers "a weapon." Then he says it's a "shot in the dark." He's guessing.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 51s52 seconds ago
Re: statement to police, Dungey suggests he's trying to be helpful. Daly agrees. When they ask him what's in the toolbox... #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 29s30 seconds ago
...he says he can guess. "Something to do with the missing person...a weapon," he says. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 28s29 seconds ago
"That or drugs. But I don't think you guys would be here asking me if it was about drugs." #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 8s9 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Dungey: You weren't trying to anything from the police? Daly: Correct #BosmaTrial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 18s18 seconds ago
When police asked if anyone else would say he did know what was in that toolbox, Daly said no. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Dungey suggests Smich said he was expecting to only receive drugs, nothing else, from Arthur. "News to me," Daly says. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 48s48 seconds ago
Dungey suggests Smich only told him drugs were being dropped off. Daly disagrees.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 43s43 seconds ago
Dungey suggests Smich did say that--that he was surprised there was a toolbox there. Daly doesn't remember. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 33s33 seconds ago
Dungey suggests Smich was surprised by the toolbox that was dropped off by Millard's friends, but Daly doesn't remember that

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 1m1 minute ago Brampton, Ontario
Dungey: Your memory is very hazy, right? With the toolbox, and the gun? Daly: Yeah #BosmaTrial

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 50s50 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Dungey: The first time you talked to police you were coming down from being drunk the night before? Daly: Yeah #BosmaTrial

Wait, now his memory is hazy? Daly was the one who told us who picked up the toolbox (Arthur) what it had in it (the gun), where it was stored MS's (mom's dryer), how he tried to sell it for him, and how he suggested he bury it when he couldn't sell it. But we are supposed to believe now that he his memory is hazy about the toolbox and the gun?

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s25 seconds ago
Dungey suggests he was telling them as much as he could remember at that time (again referencing haze of drugs/alcohol). #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 13s14 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Dungey: Mark's big concern when he got this toolbox with a gun in it, is to get rid of it? Daly: Right #BosmaTrial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3s4 seconds ago
Mark wants rid of that gun, Dungey suggests. Daly agrees. He does later tell you it is gone. Yes, Daly says. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 15s15 seconds ago
Smich wanted to get rid of the toolbox Daly says and when he did his fear hadn't left him #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 14s14 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
Dungey: His big fear is still Dellen Millard? Daly: Yes #BosmaTrial

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 19s20 seconds ago
"But his fear isn't gone...his big fear is Dellen Millard," Dungey suggests. Daly agrees. #Bosma

If MS had a/the gun before all of this, don't you think he would have already had a good hiding spot for it? It is like as soon as it was in his possession with the toolbox, he had no idea where on earth to hide this gun. Like really?! His first thought is to hide it in a washing machine? That seems so bizarre. If he had it before, why not just put it back where he always did? No need to get flustered and get a bunch of people involved like he did unless it was dumped on him and he was scrambling, IMO.

MOO.

And...why didn't this best friend Brendan Daly mention ever seeing or hearing about the gun previous to all this? I don't think there are two guns involved here. I think what he told BD was that the "zombie bullets" fit the gun HE wanted to get but that DM had gotten the one he wanted instead, which wouldn't surprise me with the notoriety of that particular gun.

Because if MS also owned a gun, it would be highly likely that DM would have had to pay for it. Why would he just buy his "friend" a gun?

MOO

What if...... MS wasn't actually in the truck when it all went down? (I suppose it's possible, yeah?)

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 17s18 seconds ago
Smich is afraid of Millard. Even after gun is gone.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC now
Dungey: his big fear is Dellen Millard Daly:yeah #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 25s25 seconds ago
"He was telling you he was afraid he was going to get blamed for something, people were investigating him, bc he and Dell were friends."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 20s20 seconds ago
Daly agrees. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 14s14 seconds ago
Dungey jumps back to Daly's May 22 statement to police--same day as Mark's arrest. #Bosma

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 13s13 seconds ago Brampton, Ontario
In his statement: Daly said (Smich) didn't know Dell well enough, and he was afraid he would turn on him and blame him #BosmaTrial

"So Mark's big concern when he gets this gun that's in a toolbox is that he has to get rid of it, right?" Dungey says. Daly agrees.
by Adam Carter 12:35 PMv

"His big fear still is Dellen Millard, right?" Dungey asks. "Yup," Daly says.
by Adam Carter 12:35 PM

Dungey again trying to illustrate Daly was in a "hazy state" the first time he talked to police.
by Adam Carter 12:36 PM

"He just kept saying that he thought he was going to get blamed for something ... Dell was in jail, and he thought that this guy might turn on him and blame him for something," one of Daly's statements reads.
by Adam Carter 12:37 PM

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9s9 seconds ago
In his police statement Daly said Smich was worried "Dell would turn on him and try to blame him for something." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 32s32 seconds ago
Daly mentioned Smich's fear of Millard and concerns he'd "blame him" in that statement. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 38s38 seconds ago
May 22 police interview. Explaining he used alcohol and drugs and is hazy. "Mark said Dell was in jail and he didn't know Dell well enough."

Was he? Because a minute before that he didn't know what MS was afraid of. And Dungey did just point out that MS was someone DM worked with.

Daly also said MS said he wasn't there, and we know that was a lie, so why should we believe him when he says he was also scared of being set up now?
DM at 28 , driving around wearing sunglasses at night was freaking out the lowly little pot smokers. IMO, BD thought DM was creepy. MS may have been saying he wasn't there when TB was murdered. Before and after yes, but IMO, DM may have surprised MS with a dead TB when they got to Brantford. Any of these guys could have been the next ones to hit the BBQ. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste