Bosma Murder Trial 05.10.16 - Midweek Discussion

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think MS will say he was alone in the Yukon, although that's a great defence. It goes back to this:

A lawyer for one of two men charged with murder suggested Tim Bosma might have been shot clean through the neck from the driver’s seat as the 32-year-old victim was a passenger on a test drive of a pickup truck he was selling online.

And that the bullet from a Walther PPK semi-automatic handgun may then have smashed the passenger-side window while the pistol ejected its spent shell casing out the side of the gun, flying in an arc into the back seat.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ter-was-sitting-in-truck-blood-spatter-expert

The shot-through-the-neck detail suggests to me that MS was in the Ram.

MS's big problem is the "fireside furniture" and sizzling sausages pics that he sent DM as they were discussing setting up for the mission. It implies to me that he knew that they were going to be using the incinerator, which means he knew there was going to be a murder. TD is going to give MS an opportunity to explain himself and say he was looking forward to the weekend or something. I won't buy it.

Another sticking point is MM's story that they were in a celebratory mood, like nothing unexpected had happened, after the murder.

If MS is going to say he did not expect the murder and only helped DM afterwards out of fear, that might work, if it weren't for the points above. He could also bring forward the point (confirmed in DM's jailhouse letters) that after DM was arrested he was only seeking DM's drugs, not the gun, which was passed on by a scared MH.

Just thinking, both DM and MS can testify at CN's trial...things could get interesting!

This is water under the bridge ... but just in case anyone cares ... I walked by a phone booth yesterday, and the phone number was in large digits, right on the payphone. No one would have the slightest problem calling the payphone.
But do they accept incoming calls?
Especially collect ones?

Millard won’t testify in his own defence but Smich may take the stand at Bosma murder trial

Dungey did not specifically say Smich would be called, or if there would be more than one witness, but it is anticipated Smich will testify to try to rebut and redirect the prosecution’s evidence.

Smich’s new haircut, making him look particularly clean-cut and neat, strengthens that belief.
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...nce-at-the-tim-bosma-murder-trial-lawyer-says

Can someone please link the fireside furniture and sausage info people keep referencing? I don't recall this for some reason. TIA

If MS gets up and says CN knew more then what she says.. Would they recall her? This could get interesting. I'm not so sure he'll speak at the trial but I'd love to see it. I'm just afraid it'll cause doubt. Last thing I want to see is a hung jury

I don't think MS will say he was alone in the Yukon, although that's a great defence. It goes back to this:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/c...ter-was-sitting-in-truck-blood-spatter-expert

MS's big problem is the "fireside furniture" and sizzling sausages pics that he sent DM as they were discussing setting up for the mission. It implies to me that he knew that they were going to be using the incinerator, which means he knew there was going to be a murder. TD is going to give MS an opportunity to explain himself and say he was looking forward to the weekend or something. I won't buy it.

Another sticking point is MM's story that they were in a celebratory mood, like nothing unexpected had happened, after the murder.

If MS is going to say he did not expect the murder and only helped DM afterwards out of fear, that might work, if it weren't for the points above. He could also bring forward the point (confirmed in DM's jailhouse letters) that after DM was arrested he was only seeking DM's drugs, not the gun, which was passed on by a scared MH.

Re: celebratory mood. I believe MM on this. Is it possible for MS to use the excuse that he was high on some sort of drugs?

My personal opinion is that they were both in the truck, with DM pulling the trigger.

Remember, Smich helped dispose of the body, so he wouldn't have had to have been in the Ram, he would have seen the results later.

As for the celebratory mood, I don't really put much stock in that. Remember, it took MM almost 3 years to even mention that. He original testimony of being "celebratory" was later downgraded to being just "happy". If things had gone horribly wrong that night, odds are they would put on their happy faces in an attempt to keep an already pesky MM from suspecting anything more. Thats how I'd spin it, "we were faking, inside we were freaked out".

MS problem is not just the picture of sausages, he knew they planned to steal a truck, during a test drive. Really I am pretty sure the question came up, "WHAT do we do with the owner? "

Remember, Smich helped dispose of the body, so he wouldn't have had to have been in the Ram, he would have seen the results later.

As for the celebratory mood, I don't really put much stock in that. Remember, it took MM almost 3 years to even mention that. He original testimony of being "celebratory" was later downgraded to being just "happy". If things had gone horribly wrong that night, odds are they would put on their happy faces in an attempt to keep an already pesky MM from suspecting anything more. Thats how I'd spin it, "we were faking, inside we were freaked out".

But when MS was truly freaked out, he wasn't able to hide it. He has little control over his emotions (unlike DM).

I don't think the jury will so quickly discount the celebratory mood in the Yukon. I also have no reason the believe that MM lied on the stand, or intentionally omitted anything. She was extremely helpful to LE. I think the jury will see her as honest, and accept that DM and MS were happy with the outcome of their crime.

MS problem is not just the picture of sausages, he knew they planned to steal a truck, during a test drive. Really I am pretty sure the question came up, "WHAT do we do with the owner? "

That's an important question asked that I missed. Can you point me to where that was said, and by who?

MOO

MS could claim he expected that they are gonna drop him off some place and then when MS was in the Yukon, DM killed Bosma. Really, seems like all the prep work was done by DM. I, personally, find the sausage evidence not convincing. Unless DM gets up and says "no, he knew very well what's gonna happen", I can see MS getting off with 2nd degree or something(edit: if he presents evidence that he was in the Yukon when Tim Bosma was killed). If MS was in the Yukon when Tim Bosma was shot, was he confining Tim Bosma at the time of death?

It is interesting that DM thinks what AM said about "whose truck do I steal?" is what would put him away for life. IMO, that statement is damning but what I think is more damaging is MM's testimony of the celebratory mood.

Or maybe it is those two statements combined. To me the celebratory mood after all that happened the night before shows to me (and hopefully the jury) that nothing went against plan for DM and MS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur