Bosma Murder Trial 05.12.16 - Day 48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing about MS's testimony that I noticed is in regard to the burning of TB's front truck seats. DM brought MS to the hangar on the 9th, but I believe (according to cell records) that it wasn't until midway though the day. MS testified they took the seats to the farm to burn them. Then later, he said they (DM and MS) were taking TB's truck inside the trailer, but forgot the seats and went back for them (to the hangar). So this means that on the 9th they burned the seats sometime later than the middle of the day (but yet smoke was seen before dawn by a neighbour at the farm, wasn't it?), and then even though the seats were scorching hot, they still somehow managed to transport them immediately back to the hangar, where they were when the loaded them into the trailer on that same evening. Does it make sense that the seats could have been handled for transport back to the hangar after they had just finished being burned in a big bonfire? Why did the farm neighbour see the big plume of smoke before dawn if the burning of the seats wasn't done until the 9th? Where were the seats before they burned them, were they already at the farm? If not, then why didn't SS and AJ see the seats with blood on them at the hangar before they were taken to the farm?

You're right, it is the lawyer, Sachak, who suggests to MH that it could have meant 2 minutes, but I just looked over AC's tweet log and MH states that DM arrived at his place moments after the text, "it could have been 2 minutes, he says", and MH says that BEFORE AC says that "Sachak is trying to argue that the "2" message doesn't refer to two guns, but to an amount of time.". That means the witness was actually leading the defense, and sounds like collusion between the witness and the lawyer before hand. Why else would MH say "it could have been 2 minutes" before Sachak makes the argument about the 2 minutes...

I don't recall that it was MH that brought that possibility up first, before NS did, I will have to refer back to the various tweets.

Err, no, why would you think it's odd a lawyer didn't 'grill' his own client? That's for the prosecution to bring up, and I'm sure they will.

I think he will leave that to the crown, for the very reason you stated; being careful.

I think it is odd because.. it is like an elephant in the room. TD knows that it will surely be brought up by either RP or the Crown, so why isn't he hedging that off with a reasonable explanation ahead of time? If there *was* a reasonable explanation, why not get that out of the way? Why leave his client open to others' gruelling questions? To me, it doesn't make sense to do that. TD should have thought ahead to every possibility he could think of for asking his client the questions that will have to be asked. moo

I don't recall that it was MH that brought that possibility up first, before NS did, I will have to refer back to the various tweets.

Do it, he did. It's a huge discrepancy. See AC's Tweets:

"The text was sent moments before he arrived. "It could have been two minutes," Hagerman says". - Adam Carter Apr 7 2016 9:22 AM

"Sachak is trying to argue that the "2" message doesn't refer to two guns, but to an amount of time." - Adam Carter Apr 7 2016 9:24 AM

I think it is odd because.. it is like an elephant in the room. TD knows that it will surely be brought up by either RP or the Crown, so why isn't he hedging that off with a reasonable explanation ahead of time? If there *was* a reasonable explanation, why not get that out of the way? Why leave his client open to others' gruelling questions? To me, it doesn't make sense to do that. TD should have thought ahead to every possibility he could think of for asking his client the questions that will have to be asked. moo

You have a point but there is good reason why TD would not want to try to plug every possible hole he could think of, because in trying to do so he may alert the prosecution to holes they weren't aware of.

It *is* odd that MS isn't saying, or that TD isn't grilling him more on that, but it is true on the other hand, that even if LE found the gun, it would prove nothing, since there is no bullet to match it to, no body, and it would be meaningless if one or both or none of the accuseds' prints were on it. It would only have been seen as a goodwill gesture on MS's part to tell where it was. And isn't it odd as well that TD didn't grill him on whether there were one or two guns? And also about BD's testimony about the 'I wanted that gun but DM got it and i got a different one, and about the zombie bullets'... all as if this stuff didn't matter at all?

I think RP is going to tear MS to shreds... but at the same time, RP has to be careful, because in doing so, he may also be incriminating his own client even more than he is already incriminated. ... so it should definitely be interesting. moo

I think you're right that it'd primarily be a goodwill gesture on MS's part. As to TD not grilling him, he's TD's client and TD is clever, not just with his questions but his timing, what the jury takes home or to lunch/break. RP's need to tiptoe on cross could add to TD's intended result: a jury divided on whether or not MS is guilty of first-degree murder. I don't know what to think but I wouldn't be surprised if the jury finds him guilty of a lesser charge.

"The text was sent moments before he arrived. "It could have been two minutes," Hagerman says". - Adam Carter Apr 7 2016 9:22 AM

"Sachak is trying to argue that the "2" message doesn't refer to two guns, but to an amount of time." - Adam Carter Apr 7 2016 9:24 AM

In fact, between those two tweets I quoted, is only one other tweet, this one:

"Sachak now talking about people texting a word before they finish a sentence, or autocorrecting." - Adam Carter Apr 7 2016 9:23 AM

And that's totally out of place. It's as if Sachak immediately realized MH screwed up by mentioning 2 minutes, and went off on a tangent on autocorrecting before coming back to the 2 minutes, to try to misdirect. I wish I had been in the courtroom to see Sachak;s reaction after MH said 2 minutes...

I think you're right that it'd primarily be a goodwill gesture on MS's part. .

It's not just a 'goodwill gesture', its evidence to corroborate his testimony, and failing to do so leaves him looking like he's got something to hide. And I don't see how it would be a 'goodwill gesture' to present a gun in the first place. A goodwill gesture would be if he stole TB's wedding ring and gave it back to his wife, or something along those lines. I think what you're both trying to do is minimize the importance of MS's failure to provide the location of the gun.

Not to mention, Smich lawyer would have had the letters DM wrote in jail a long time ago, so Smich has known for a while DM was planning on pinning this on him. Be interesting to see how cross exams play out. I'm on the fence and will see where it goes before I decide just how much of Smichs' testibaloney I want to believe. So far, I believe he wasn't in the truck when TB was shot. As of right now, I still believe he knew and that it was premeditated.

We are talking about wayyyy back, when BD said that MS seemed rather normal until DM was arrestd, at which time he seemed paranoid. It was discussed on the stand with BD I believe, that it was because MS believed DM was trying to frame him. So that was within a few days of DM's arrest, long before those letters were discovered, or even written. Supposedly, it was finding the murder weapon in the toolbox which made MS believe this. And Arnie is correct.. around the same time, in the very early stages, isn't that when DP was announcing on the news that he can't get into the framing aspect? Wow.. no wonder MS was paranoid. In MS's mind, he thought his friend had gone nuts and killed someone, and MS had helped him conceal evidence. Then boom, he realized DM was thinking he was getting off with his crime, and putting it onto MS. It makes sense that suddenly MS's demeanor changed, and it makes sense that he didn't want to be anywhere near that weapon. Then much much later, those letters are written by DM, and then discovered by police.. and then given by the Crown to the defence lawyers, and MS sees proof that yes, DM was indeed trying to frame him at the time. It kind of all fits, as far as I can see... moo.

It has been often stated that these reporters cannot tweet every word spoken, some will catch certain things while others will catch perhaps different things, or not as much, or more than another. In looking at all 3 accounts, it looks to me like this 2 minute thing was initiated by NS, and not by MH, although MH agreed with NS that it was possible that that is what DM had meant.

SusanC:
Hagerman is troubled by taking the toolbox. #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
May 10 texts between Millard/Hagerman. Hagerman about toolbox: "Haha full of guns?" Meant it as a joke. #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
"I never once in my life would have ever have thought Dellen to be serious about guns." Apr 07, 2016
Sachak's talking about phones and weird autocorrect changes. Suggests that's happened to Hagerman. Apr 07, 2016

MollyH:
-Sachak now asks about May 10 texts btwn he and DM. #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
-Here is a screen cap of that exchange (from yesterday's tweets): https://t.co/QJi9NXP7UT Apr 07, 2016
-Sachak asks about the 4:10am text, two hours later: "2." Hagerman says he thought he was just answering with a very bland joke. #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
-"I never once in my life would've thought Dellen to be serious with guns," he says. #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
-Sachak suggests DM arrived just moments after sending that text. "It could have been '2 minutes,'" Hagerman agrees. #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
-Sachak talking now about autocorrect & how you can accidentally press send before finishing a text. Hagerman agrees, has happened to him. Apr 07, 2016

AdamC:
Sachak now asking about texts between Hagerman and Millard from May 10, 2013. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
These are the texts with his girlfriend Christina Noudga's phone number. This is when Hagerman asked what he would be receiving. #TimBosma Apr 07, 2016
Millard responds, a tool box. Hagerman responded "ha ha full of guns?" Hagerman says he was trying to be funny, wasn't expecting guns #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
Millard responded "..." and "2." "I never once in my life ever thought Dellen to be serious with guns," Hagerman says. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
The text was sent moments before he arrived. "It could have been two minutes," Hagerman says. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
Sachak now talking about people texting a word before they finish a sentence, or autocorrecting. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 07, 2016
Sachak is trying to argue that the "2" message doesn't refer to two guns, but to an amount of time. #TimBosma #Bosma Apr 07, 2016

I think WS is pretty unique as a site on the internet where the case is closely followed and debated...it's almost like a focus group. For sure you could notice turning points, like AM's testimony that cut the debate here to a hush.

I think it would be a job for a law student on the team, sure.

Not only am I certain the lawyers look this forum over every day, or at least make legal secretaries take notes, I also suspect that some of the people involved in this trial who have testified as witnesses are reading and posting here. And I still think that explains some of the weird diatribes I've been reading here.

In fact, between those two tweets I quoted, is only one other tweet, this one:

"Sachak now talking about people texting a word before they finish a sentence, or autocorrecting." - Adam Carter Apr 7 2016 9:23 AM

And that's totally out of place. It's as if Sachak immediately realized MH screwed up by mentioning 2 minutes, and went off on a tangent on autocorrecting before coming back to the 2 minutes, to try to misdirect. I wish I had been in the courtroom to see Sachak;s reaction after MH said 2 minutes...

I believe that NS wanted the jury to believe anything BUT that DM meant there were 2 guns in the toolbox, in fact I'm sure he would prefer the jury believe there were zero guns in the toolbox, and that MS was already in possession of the gun at that time, since I believe DM's defence is trying to pin the gun and the pulling of the trigger onto MS. In that case, it would not make sense for DM to have the gun at all since the whole thing was MS's gig. moo

I just checked phone records and MS phone only pinged in Oakville, so maybe AJ had the date wrong? IMO

I think if you look back to perhaps *both* AJ's and SS's testimony, the days were 'off'. From memory it was both of them, but I could be mistaken. I can't remember what the discrepancies were, but I do remember that I did notice some, and perhaps that is what I noticed, because I noticed that the cellphone records showed and stated that MS had stayed in Oakville that day. It also doesn't add up as far as AJ's and SS's testimony that DM didn't know the police were onto him until the Friday morning when they showed up at the hangar, since DM had gone to great lengths on the day and all night before that, to conceal piles of evidence.. he also cancelled the paint job appointment on that day. How did DM know it was imperative that he do those things at that time? At the time, I attributed AJ's confusions in days to the fact that he was told not to come to work on the Tuesday, and it probably screwed up his sense of time/dates. But I think it also could have been more than that because I think that many people in this case have things to hide and we may not be hearing the 'whole truth' from them. JMO

I understand that, and I realize I am treading on thin ice with thinly veiled accusations. But I find the gymnastics being employed in order to find MS's testimony believable are too contorted to be entirely the result of unbiased opinion. If I'm not entitled to express that opinion then maybe I should go elsewhere. It just seems to me that while everyone is entitled to their opinion here, many are forming and reinforcing their opinions based on other people's opinions which makes mass-manipulation of opinions a distinct possibility. This means even if I wanted to point the finger at somebody in particular I couldn't, because it's like a big game of telephone or the spreading of a meme where the source is unknown.

OK I've thought this over and I realize that I'm being unreasonable. Maybe it's impossible not to be biased in some way, or probably it doesn't matter anyway. So I apologize for 'getting personal', but I don't really understand the difference between disagreement and bickering. I've considered that some of the people I think are acting 'biased' may simply be taking the 'innocent until proven guilty' concept as an obligation to actively find ways of innocence while my method of 'sleuthing' is based on always trying to pick apart testimony to find the problems in it. Those who focus on how it all 'fits together' seem like they're just glossing over the pieces that don't quite fit. But of course that is just a different method of forming one's opinion and I am prepared to respect that.

What *is* your case, exactly? I'm having difficulty following.

My case, which I give you credit for instigating the discovery of, is that MH said 2 minutes first. AC quotes him directly, and I believe that MH made a mistake and was leading the defense lawyer which is a pretty big deal, if that was the case. It's fine if you're not on board with this opinion, but the tweet timeline shows it to be the case. Yes, I realize tweet timelines from court reporters are not forensic quality evidence, but I think it's pretty obvious. If you don't want to take partial credit for this discovery that's OK, I will continue to bring it up whenever I see anyone make statements about the 2 text being unequivocally about minutes as I feel it's a fairly important detail. I think MH is probably reading this right now and crapping his pants realizing someone noticed his screw-up, and is now publicizing it.

Really gross thought.... but..... remember DM had asked AM for the keys to the bobcat? Was there a bobcat at the farm?

Swedie #855 Incinerator-Thread 09-01-2013

Something I found very interesting and makes me highly suspicious is the FACT LE also hauled away not only the incinerator but also the Bobcat...

Some things fit so nicely together and are perceptible, while some things leave room for speculation IMO. What I find interesting is when LE searched the hangar they found stolen vehicles. I have seen pictures of this Bobcat in the hangar prior to it's move to the farmland. This leads me to assume the Bobcat was also a stole vehicle. If they had the gall to steal a trailer and motorcycle in broad daylight, I can see them being stupid enough to steal a Bobcat also. Not to mention the BO's test drive in broad daylight. Why was the Bobcat hidden amongst the trees in the swampy area on the farmland? Yes I did say hidden.

There was mention in an article I posted back there about DM excavating in the winter... Someone IIRC Redhead suggested contaminated soil or something to that effect. Seems like an odd time of year to be concerned with contaminated soil. Cold and freezing temperatures tend to affect/kill off contamination and the ground would be harder to work in the winter months. My assumption is DM was just trying out the Bobcat that was brought out of hiding from the hangar. Just another play toy he felt like firing up in December IMHO.

The point I am making is, LE hauled the Bobcat away because it was also connected to some crime. I highly doubt, should there not have been any connection, they wouldn't have bothered with it. Hopefully they found the rightful owner.

I think that text refers to 2 minutes. He's driving, so he can't easily text, and MH lives with his parents and it's the middle of the night. Millard can't knock on the door and he doesn't want to be seen, so he sends the 2 minute warning hoping MH will be waiting outside for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties