Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak says since Smich's arrest on May 22, 2013, Smich has never told anyone that he did not kill Tim #Bosma.

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
Three years since Smich's arrest. "During those 3 years, you have never told anyone that you did not kill Tim #Bosma." Dungey objects.

Dungey says that's not correct, he's going into solicitor client privilege. Sachak rephrases-says he never told police that. #Bosma

Smich agrees he did not talk to police. #Bosma

Sachak rephrases. Smich has never told police he did not kill #Bosma? "I have never spoken to police," says Smich.

Sachak says again, during these 3 years, Smich never told police "I Mark Smich did not shoot Tim #Bosma."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 1m1 minute ago
You never told police you didn't shoot #Bosma? "I was in jail and did not speak to police," says Smich.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak says he's never told anyone in this time that the gun did not belong to him. #Bosma

Smich asks who he means. Sachak says he has not told the police this. Smich agrees. #Bosma

Sachak says he has not told them where he buried the gun. Smich says "no sir because I don't remember." #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 2m2 minutes ago
"I was in jail, I did not speak to the police," Smich says. He's never told anyone that the gun does not belong to him?

He hasn't told police that, he agrees, or where he buried the gun. "I don't remember, sir."

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
He could have brought some closure to the #Bosma family, Sachak says. Smich says yes but solicitor client privilege. Can't say more

Sachak says he's brought no peace to #Bosma family by telling what happened.

Smich agrees but says he's getting into solicitor client privilege. #Bosma

Sachak now going through witnesses who Smich says have lied or been mistaken about things under oath: Brendan Daly, Christina Noudga, Andrew Michalski.
by Adam Carter 10:20 AM

Sachak says he wants to highlight 10 things that Smich did after Millard was arrested.
by Adam Carter 10:23 AM

Sachak says for Smich to do them, he had a very "conscious and operating mind."

Susan ClairmontVerified account ‏@susanclairmont 2m2 minutes ago
Daly testified that Smich said: It's my gun and I have bullets for it. Smich says that's wrong. #Bosma

Daly testified that Smich said it was his gun. But Smich says that's wrong. "He misspoke," he says. #Bosma

Sachak suggests he's saying Andrew Michalski too was then lying when he testified Smich asked him to get "the thing" from Hagerman. #Bosma

Sachak suggests he's saying Christina Noudga lied when she said Smich blamed himself for what happened. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 52s52 seconds ago
Smich disagrees with Michalski testimony about Smich wanting the "thing" as well as drugs after Millard's arrest, he agrees

Smich says Noudga is lying about speaking to him on the day Millard was arrested. #Bosma "I never spoke to her,"Smich says

Adam CarterVerified account ‏@AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Sachak now going through witnesses who Smich says have lied or been mistaken about things under oath. #TImBosma #Bosma

Smich says Noudga is lying about speaking to him on the day Millard was arrested. #Bosma "I never spoke to her,"Smich says

He says yes that's his position. "I never spoke to her so that would be impossible." #Bosma

Sachak says Marlena Meneses testified he told her to work as a stripper. He says that's possible, could've been a joke. #Bosma

"I don't recall the conversation," he says. #Bosma

Sachak suggests he's saying she was lying about the "tricky scales" too. He says yes, he doesn't own tricky scales. #Bosma

Marlena said Smich gave her tricky scales to dupe drug customers? Smich says she lied. #Bosma

Asks if she was also lying under oath about him forcing her to rip people off. He says yes, he's not aware of that. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 3m3 minutes ago
Marlena Meneses testified that Smich wanted her to work as a stripper. Smich says he didn't really deny it. Could have been a joke.

"She got a job at a grocery store, so it never happened." So she's lying? No.

"I don't own any tricky scales," Smich says of Meneses' testimony about screwing over drug customers. So she must be lying.

Pierce Lang ‏@piercelang_tv 1m1 minute ago Hamilton, Ontario
Sachak returns to line of questions Smich has already answered repeatedly over the last 4 days. #Bosma

Meneses also said she helped rip off drug customers on Smich's behalf? Smich says he's unaware of that. #Bosma

Sachak says he's going to highlight 10 things Mark Smich did after Dellen Millard was arrested. #Bosma

Sachak has list of 10 things Smich did after Millard was arrested. Shows Smich as methodical, says Sachak. #Bosma

Sachak has 10 points to show Smich's conscious decisions. "There was no confusion in your mind. You were very methodical," Sachak says

Sachak suggests this shows Smich had a "conscious and operating mind," and knew exactly what he was doing. #Bosma

"There was no confusion in your mind."

After Millard's arrest, Smich called Michalski and told him to get everything out of the house.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

Sachak says Smich then told Michalski to get the "thing" from Matt Hagerman. Smich says no.
by Adam Carter 10:24 AM

Smich agrees he did tell Arthur to drop off the gun at his mother's house once he had received it.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

Sachak says Smich then made the "conscious decision" to conceal the gun.
by Adam Carter 10:25 AM

Sachak says Smich then cancelled his phone and got rid of SIM cards of three phones so the jury couldn't "see what was on his phones."
by Adam Carter 10:26 AM

I don't believe DM's story and have major problems with it but Sachak highlighting how many people Smich has said lied on the stand one after another is a good tactic.

Smich says he doesn't agree with getting rid of his SIM cards.
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

Sachak says Smich then got rid of the red hoodie he was wearing. Smich says no, he doesn't know where it is.
by Adam Carter 10:27 AM

Sachak says Smich then asked Daly to help him sell then gun, and when that failed, he buried the gun.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

Within hours of Millards arrest, Smich called Michalski and told him to get everything out of the house. Smich isn't sure about timing.

2. Smich told Michalski to get the thing from Hagerman's house. Smich says no.

3. He told Arthur to drop off the gun at his mother's house, after he got it. Smich agrees

4. Made a conscious decision to conceal the gun inside the washing machine at his mom's house. Smich says for a brief time.

5. Smich & Meneses cancelled their phone three days after Millard arrest. "I was broke, Millard was paying."

6. You got rid of the SIM cards on your phones so that the jury will never see what was on your phones. "I don't believe that's accurate."

7. You got rid of your red hoodie that you wore moments before #Bosma shot. No, it's somewhere, Smich says.

8. He asked Brandon Daly to help him sell the gun. Smich makes excuses as to why.

9. You have buried the gun and nobody in the world will ever know where it is. "That's fair."

10. His last words to Marlena Meneses on May 22 upon arrest was "don't tell them anything babe, don't tell them anything."

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 3m3 minutes ago
1. Within hours of Millard's arrest, he called Andrew Michalski to tell him to get the drugs out of the house.

2. Smich told Andrew Michalski to get "the thing" from Matt Hagerman's house to him.

Smich says no.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 4m4 minutes ago
3. Smich -- once the gun made its way to him -- asked Arthur to take the gun to his mother's house. #Bosma

4. Smich "made the conscious decision" to conceal it in the washing machine at his mother's house.

He says he put it in there briefly.

5. He and Marlena cancelled his cell phone on May 13, 2013.

Smich says he was broke and Millard had been paying for it. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 2m2 minutes ago
6. Smich got rid of the SIM card.

Smich disagrees. Says he doesn't know where the SIM card is. Sachak says that's a convenient explanation

7. Smich got rid of the red hoodie he wore moments before Mr. #Bosma was shot.

Smich disagrees, doesn't know where it is.

8. Smich asked Brendan Daly to help him sell the gun.

"Like I said I was panicked, I didn't know what to do at that time," Smich says.

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
9. Smich buried the gun-"and nobody in the world will ever know where it is."

Smich agrees. He doesn't know where it is. #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 53s53 seconds ago
10. Smich's last words to Marlena as he was arrested were "don't tell them anything."

He agrees, says he also told her to speak to a lawyer

"Your last words to Marlena Meneses ... were 'don't tell them anything.'" Sachak says. "Yes, and to speak to a lawyer," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:28 AM

Sachak now showing Smich in a "state of confusion and paranoia" at his sister's wedding. Smich is seen in a photo giving a thumbs up. "I was at a wedding, trying not to show everybody what was going on," Smich says.
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

Sachak says that's all his evidence.
by Adam Carter 10:31 AM

So that's everything for today. We don't sit on Monday because of the holiday, and the Crown begins its cross on Tuesday.
by Adam Carter 10:32 AM

Wouldn't tire imprints prove or disprove where the Yukon was parked?

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

Sachak is showing Smich a photo of he and Marlena "in a state of shock" 9 days after #Bosma was shot, at his sisters wedding.

Smich points out its more than 9 days (wedding was May 19). Sachak apologizes-that's 13 days. #Bosma

"That's you in a state of absolute shock," Sachak says. Smich says "that's me at my sister's wedding." #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 1m1 minute ago
Sachak shows another photo from the wedding. In this one Smich is smiling, giving two thumbs up to the camera. #Bosma

Smich says he was going through different things at different times, didn't want to show people what was going on. #Bosma

"That's you in a state of confusion and paranoia 13 days after Mr. #Bosma was shot" Sachak showing "thumbs up" photo from wedding

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Another one: this Smich is doing a double thumbs up "that's you in a state of confusion" Sachak says less than two weeks after #Bosma died.

Sachak says "that's you, say10 the genius...after all the physical evidence pointing at you is gone, gone." #Bosma

Smich says again "that's me at my sister's wedding." #Bosma

"Thank you sir. Those are my questions," says Sachak, wrapping up five days of cross-examination of accused killer Mark Smich. #Bosma

Sachak has no more questions. #Bosma

Colin ButlerVerified account ‏@ColinButlerCBC 2m2 minutes ago
"That was me at my sister's wedding" Smich says. "I was just trusting not to show everyone what was going on" #Bosma

Jury being dismissed until Tuesday at 10 a.m. #Bosma

That's it for today. The jury is dismissed until Tuesday (after the long weekend). Trial will resume then, at 10 am. #Bosma

"All the physical evidence pointing your way is gone, gone." Those are Sachak questions. Court is done for the day.

Wouldn't tire imprints prove or disprove where the Yukon was parked?

Something I questioned in an earlier post. If the lane was not used after the vehicles were there, and it didn't rain hard. Not sure why there was no evidence of vehicle tracks mentioned?

MOO

Well, that was a strong finish by Sachak, IMO. The 10 points, that is. The story about the argument at the hangar seemed a little....last minute. Looking forward to the Crown on Tuesday.

Sachak says "that's you, say10 the genius...after all the physical evidence pointing at you is gone, gone." #Bosma

Hey! He stole my line. That's the only line from the dreadful rap that stood out to me too!

So MS said the Yukon was parked closer to the road. Which IMO he could not have known the lighter was found further back in order to fabricate that part of the story. OR would that have been disclosed to him? Anyone know since the crown didn't enter that as evidence?

If the lighter was MS why didn't the crown enter it as evidence? No fingerprints on this either?

Its like he was wearing gloves the whole time in preparation for something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TruthAndACoffee