Bosma Murder Trial 05.25.16 - Day 55

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh - i don't think this is the case, I think he is guilty of the plan but what's to keep him from lying to protect his back in prison. Can't saying DM went off the deep end help from making him out to be a rat? yes this culture is likely over my head. i guess i am curious about other guys in a real situation that wasn't so planned.

For the folks here who don't believe MS guilty of first degree murder : taking his story as truth, did he implicate himself to second degree murder the moment he "followed" DM's new plan and went to the Yukon leaving Tim and DM in the truck? Did MS basically acknowledge in his testimony that the new plan was obviously going to be taking the truck right then and there (by force)? He was part of a new plan where the intent was for Tim Bosma to die (to leave no witnesses).

thoughts?

Too bad it takes top notch lawyers one full week to write up their closing arguments. Ridiculous IMO.

Not really. They might need a couple of days to themselves too AND/OR the judge might have taken into account the Bosmas might need some time to recharge at home.

Although I'm surprised by all the so-called "fence-sitting" around MS's guilt, I respect everyone's opinion nonetheless. For me personally, the evidence overwhelmingly supports a first degree murder conviction for both DM and MS. It is well beyond the reasonable doubt threshold in my view.

It all comes down to how we weigh the evidence. I do not give MS's story any weight, for several reasons which I have discussed in previous posts.

I will respect whatever the jury decides, but I will be disappointed if MS gets a lesser conviction than first degree murder.

I have reached the same opinion. And having reached the end of the testimony and to that conclusion, I am horrified anew at the depravity of the crime.

For the folks here who don't believe MS guilty of first degree murder : taking his story as truth, did he implicate himself to second degree murder the moment he "followed" DM's new plan and went to the Yukon leaving Tim and DM in the truck? Did MS basically acknowledge in his testimony that the new plan was obviously going to be taking the truck right then and there (by force)? He was part of a new plan where the intent was for Tim Bosma to die (to leave no witnesses).

thoughts?

I don't think he did. Because his testimony said IIRC he was told to get out and follow, and when they arrived at bobcat he asked DM what was going on. At that point DM said "I'm taking the truck". Did he say the new plan he was following was with the knowledge or intent for TB to die? Second degree murder is knowledge of intentional killing. He said no one was supposed to die.
This is testimony according to MS. Doesn't mean it's gospel but I don't think he implicated himself to second degree. MOO

Very rarely does a defendant get on the stand ... period ... just the fact that he got up there and put himself through 9 days of cross speaks volumes to me

I'm pretty sure, though not 100% certain, that the judge says that the jury is to draw no inferences or make any conclusion about the guilt or innocence of an accused if the accused decides to either take the stand or refrain from taking the stand.

I think a defendant's decision to testify or not is supposed to be viewed by the jury in a neutral manner and the decision itself should neither harm nor help a defendant's case, IMO.

All MOO.

Not really. They might need a couple of days to themselves too AND/OR the judge might have taken into account the Bosmas might need some time to recharge at home.

The attorneys also have to spend hours arguing what may or may not be included in Judge Goodman's charge to the jury.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That made me laugh. There probably is some. I figure it was sexually explicit stuff he wrote to her and that was why it was blacked out buuuut in his letters they missed where DM said he was going to look out of his cell window, think of CN and touch himself. My jaw dropped when I read that.

And you think that was worse than his poetry?
They have shown gory photos in courtrooms. I don't think a bit of *advertiser censored* is going to destroy anyone.
I think those redacted parts may have been referring to other cases being pursued?

I am surprised they allowed MS to say DM got his gun from Squishy though!

I actually find it disrespectful to the Bosma family for it to take that long.

Maybe DM is still after better food and whatever with his appearances in court against the Queen/Regina in the next few days? JMO

Although I'm surprised by all the so-called "fence-sitting" around MS's guilt, I respect everyone's opinion nonetheless. For me personally, the evidence overwhelmingly supports a first degree murder conviction for both DM and MS. It is well beyond the reasonable doubt threshold in my view.

It all comes down to how we weigh the evidence. I do not give MS's story any weight, for several reasons which I have discussed in previous posts.

I will respect whatever the jury decides, but I will be disappointed if MS gets a lesser conviction than first degree murder.

Very well said. I share the same thoughts as you.

I also wish that the complete text messages, in context, with dates/times had been released as an exhibit. I believe that it would help to study those in their entirety, rather than in the snippets that we have read via tweets, as there were too many of them, and some too lengthy, for the journalists to type.

I hope that they will be presented to the jury in chronological order, complete and in context, as one exhibit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Once the Jury is deliberating, we will hear about some of the evidence that was thrown out.

Im sure we will be disgusted and angry when we find out what evidence was not allowed in court!

And that's my personal sticking point. I'm not convinced MS knew of the murder "plan" ahead of time. Some text messages? What else am I missing? Web search for a Dodge ram? Guess AM is guilty too. He was there for the computer search. Incinerator searches and texts? Guess that makes SS guilty. He built one for DM and also sent texts when his "boss" is asking where generators are amongst other things. Just to name a few.

DM did what DM wanted without consequences up until that point. He had all his minions along for the ride. He had the untouchable syndrome which is IMO why MS "f*cked up". He f*cked up" by hanging off a "rich kid" who's luck ran out. For what? Drugs and money? The pay was crappy. We all know that! DM was in it for himself. The jailhouse letters still resonate with me. All the planning and trying to frame MS from his cell. Trying to get friend's testimonies changed. Using your gf help you clean up your mess? Giving her evidence to hide? Using your own mother to get letters to CN? Dropping the truck off at your MOTHER'S house? Using your long time family friend to hide the murder weapon unbeknownst to him in the middle of the night? Using your Uncle for a pet cremation story? Really? Just to name a few.

This shows me DM liked to place blame on everyone except himself. Didn't matter who you were in his life. Family wasn't exempt. If he was going down, you were too.

I think it's very likely DM knew exactly what he was doing in regards to pinning it on the guy with a criminal record with drug and gun hook ups.

Does any of this mean MS completely innocent? No. But I still can't find him guilty of murder one right now.

MOO

Very well stated. I would add that the contrast between DM's demeanor and MS's in court over the last 4 months have also spoken volumes as to which of them seem to have taken their roles in this heinous crime seriously, and which have not. Of course the jury is not going to deliberate on who they are today but who they were and what they did on May 6, 2013. I think DM is still the arrogant, deluded, self-absorbed, smug creep he likely was then. I think some time on ice and away from drugs & Millard, opened MS's eyes. If there is any chance for actual rehab for either of them if/when they get out, I'd have to say it would be MS.

Too bad it takes top notch lawyers one full week to write up their closing arguments. Ridiculous IMO.

I suspect there might be more to it than that. There could be many reasons court will not sit again until next Wednesday. I'm okay with it. We've all waited this long for justice for the Bosma family, I can wait another week before the process continues toward that end.

He doesn't have to have been there. But he then would have had to know ahead of time that TB was going to be killed.

So, if he wasn't in the truck and didn't know what the plan was when he exited within a minute of the test drive, what was he there for at all? Were there any kind of plans they were scheming together about that didn't involve Mark doing something other than sitting useless and oblivious for which he expects a Cadillac, according to his mom? If you're going to commit a crime, don't include anyone who doesn't need to know.

To add to this...MS' story is that he was let out of the truck on Book Road and then DM made a U-turn in Tim's truck while he (MS) went into the field and got into the Yukon. He then pulled out of the field and followed in behind DM driving Tim's truck. This story is put into question when compared to the neighbor's who saw BOTH vehicles pull out of the field. MOO

Was chatting with hubby on this one. Book rd is about the same width as our road and there is no way a pickup truck could do a U-turn. It's possible that U-turn was a 3-point turn using the field entrance as its last leg of the turn. Some people would consider or say that that's a U-turn. Some people classify any turn around on a road as a U-turn, whether an actually U or a 3-point turn. I've had to turn around on my road and I use a farmers field entrance to do this. It would appear that I was actually coming out of the field if you only seen that part of my turn. BUT then we're told there is a lighter found IN the field. That just happens to be from the "Toronto Hemp Company". This can't be coincidence, can it? I wonder if that Hemp Company sells DM'S brands of satchels? Maybe a new satchel for this "mission"? But to frugal to burn it, so he washes it.

There is definitely more to all of this but seems weird that Bullman was out walking his dog at this same time. Wouldn't he have hear the gunshot?
I'm almost wondering if TB was confined between the house and the field by MS. Then shot by the bobcat dealer where they stopped. That stop seamed to be sudden to me, then they do a U-TURN there. I kept wondering if this is where MS got the U-turn idea from.

If they left the driveway at 9:10 as Fraser suggested. That leaves 10 mins to get to field, shoot TB, drive pass SS'S and all with ringing ears? I don't imagine that was too quiet in the truck cab. Then drive 38 mins to Bobcat with a dead body in the front seat and a broken window. I really do not accept that the tape and gloves were for "graffiti stencils" as MS claimed.

I do think Fraser is correct that they "had to reposition the body". I believe this was done at the Bobcat as well. I don't buy that all that blood in the box was overspray and/or pooling from washing (seems Fraser didn't either). It's all over the inside of the box, the tailgate and even the side of the box where it looks like someone leaned on it with bloody clothes. I also do not buy that MS DID NOT help move TB into the incinerator...Never have.

I was hoping for so much more out of MS. He midas well of not taken the stand because IMO, he was sitting prettier before. It WAS his testimony on cross that kick my AZZ right off of that fence! Thanks Fraser, job well done!

They are both screwed anyways. Why not tell the whole truth to give the Bosma's full closure.

All MOO and JMO

[video=twitter;735621383519141889]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/735621383519141889[/video]

Mystery of MB not being in court has been solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After tonight, I'm going to take a long break until next week when closing addresses to the jury begin.

There's not much I have to add to the discussion since I believe both accused are guilty and have been proved to be by the Crown, but I do wish for those who are still searching for clarity about MS that you'll find it, even if that means you will stick to your position as it stands today. I have no desire to try to convert you to my way of thinking. :)

Before I sign off, I want to say thanks to the fabulous tweet team! You make following the trial possible for so many us here. We're grateful.

And a BIG THANKS to those behind the scenes - our moderators - you're not mentioned often but you are all appreciated for keeping the discussion on topic and our behaviour in check! We're grateful.

And thanks to all the great members of this forum for contributing so much time, talent and wisdom as you add so much value to the conversations here. This site is always an interesting place to hang out, to learn, to be challenged and to feel supported because of each of you! I'm glad I joined this group!

And finally, I'm thinking tonight of the young man who brought us all together here, Tim Bosma. A total stranger to most of us, Tim, has truly touched our hearts. As his story made headlines, many of us gathered here to try and make sense of a senseless crime, many of you from the beginning. Some read from a distance and stay on the sidelines, and some post often looking into every detail of the crime and uncovering so much information through sleuthing. We all want to find answers and hear truth. We want it to feel hopeful again, to feel secure and safe, and to believe in the justice system.

As we see Tim's family suffer, many of us relate to them and they too have become fondly familiar to us as we collectively seek for justice for Tim, and for them. I'll be hoping with everyone here that justice long awaited for Tim and his loved ones arrives soon. Until then, keep the faith.

All MOO.

[video=twitter;735621383519141889]https://twitter.com/susanclairmont/status/735621383519141889[/video]

Mystery of MB not being in court has been solved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't get this. So MB was subpoenaed as a witness and just was never called? I wonder if she will show up now that she is able to.

And just to add to Brightii's post...and a big thank you to billandrew. If it wasn't for your amazing timelines, I would have been forever searching for that information to reference. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali