Bosma Murder Trial 06.13.16 - Day 60 - Charge to jury - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodman says sometimes jurors cannot reach a verdict. "No jury will be in ay better or different decision to decide this case than right now."
by Adam Carter 3:51 PM

He says the jury will not give reasons for their decisions.
by Adam Carter 3:52 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 2m2 minutes ago
Jury will take verdict sheets into jury room. Foreperson must fill it out when verdicts are reached. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 1m1 minute ago
A conviction for accessory after the fact is not available for your consideration.

Manslaughter, 2nd degree murder, 1st degree murder, not guilty are only available verdicts. Must be a unanimous verdict.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 42s42 seconds ago
Each defendant must be considered individually.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 41s41 seconds ago
Sometimes juries can reach a unanimous verdict, says judge. But no jury will be in a better position to decide this case than they are.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 25s25 seconds ago
"You do not give reasons for your decisions," says Goodman.

My anxiety is kicking in full force knowing the jury will leave the courtroom very soon. Like my palms are literally sweating.

RandomName479 ....I corrected myself...quote the Toronto Star that it was to be finished TODAY...:)..robynhood

"Keep an open mind, but not an empty head," Goodman tells the jury.
by Adam Carter 3:53 PM

"Listen carefully to what others have to say."
by Adam Carter 3:53 PM

He tells the jury foreperson they need to be "firm in their leadership."
by Adam Carter 3:54 PM

Hayley Cooper ‏@HayleyBCooper
As judge goes over testimony of Mark Smich, Dellen Millard turns and looks at him for extended time. Smich stares straight ahead. #Bosma

"You, and only you, are the judges of the facts," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 3:55 PM

If there's anything the jury isn't clear on and they have a question, Goodman says he will be available to answer them in court.
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

"Once you start to deliberate, we are here to assist you if you have any questions."
by Adam Carter 3:56 PM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 4m4 minutes ago
Jurors are watching Goodman and appear to be listening intently.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 4m4 minutes ago
"Keep an open mind, but not an empty head." — Justice Andrew Goodman to jurors at the Tim #Bosma murder trial.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 3m3 minutes ago
Jury is to reach "a just and proper verdict." Should be guided by the foreperson. "Be firm in your leadership, but be fair to everyone."

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 3m3 minutes ago
Jury is bound to accept the legal principals of judge's charge. But jurors decide the facts. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 2m2 minutes ago
If jury is unclear about judge's instructions or anything else, they can come back into courtroom with a question.

Question will be read out in court, judge will try to answer it.

Goodman again tells the jury that Smich and Millard and presumed innocent unless and until the Crown has proven guilt beyond a reasonable doubt.
by Adam Carter 3:58 PM

Also says again Millard had every right not to testify, or prove anything in this case.
by Adam Carter 3:58 PM

"It is not enough for you to believe that an accused is probably, or likely guilty."
by Adam Carter 3:59 PM

Also tells the jury it's almost impossible to prove anything with absolute certainty.
by Adam Carter 4:00 PM

Goodman says he's sure the jury will do everything they can to honour their oath or affirmation.
by Adam Carter 4:01 PM

Court constables now being sworn.
by Adam Carter 4:01 PM

They swear to keep the jury private and not let people speak to them.
by Adam Carter 4:02 PM

The jury is now retiring to consider a verdict.
by Adam Carter 4:03 PM

That's it for now -- it's in the jury's hands now.
by Adam Carter 4:04 PM

All reporters have said the jury has physically already left the room to deliberate.

Now which reporter will post their "what the jury didn't see" story the fastest? .....

Wow, chills and tears. God be with this jury and guide them in the right decisions. Justice for Tim!!!

WOW. Here we go.
Is there a time frame that the verdict will be able to be submitted each day? Between certain hours of the day?
Do I have to wonder and check in every hour? Or do they retire at a certain time until the next day?

I'm hoping all is well with some posters who have not showed up here for some time. It's hard to imagine this important day without their presence among us since these posters were active throughout. It's funny how online personalities are missed even when we don't actually know one another and even when we may not see eye to eye about this case.

Decision time is here. Praying for Tim's loved ones and for the jury who has to deliver justice for each accused. It is a monumental responsibility for the jury no doubt about it. I still think it will be first degree murder convictions for both. Time will tell.

All MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members