Bosma Murder Trial 06.13.16 - Day 60 - Charge to jury - Day 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Remember, Smich's evidence at trial is admissible against all accused," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 11:37 AM

The judge says that if the jury has a reasonable doubt about an accused's state of mind and intent to murder, they have to be found not guilty.
by Adam Carter 11:41 AM

"Remember, you give each accused separate consideration," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 11:42 AM

SC has stopped tweeting it seems to answer reader questions for the past 10 mins
I'll resume when she does

It says in the Toronto star...huge print with a picture of both accused.."LIVE: Judge finishing jury instructions in Tim Bosma murder trial"...and it says that Jury will start there discussing possibly TODAY!...robynhood

If they can't decide who pulled the trigger, both would be considered aider and abettor.

I believe an aider & abettor is legally liable for 1st degree as well. Not to be confused with AATF.MOO

I am correcting what I posted earlier ...Judge Goodman may send the Jury Away today ...I just did a google search and headlines say " Judge Goodman may request the JURY GO away Today.. Monday June 13 2016.....I will try and copy link from the papers...or you can search google and see the same article ..I typed in "When will Judge Goodman request the Jury to reach a verdict in the Tim Bosma Murder trial "...Link copy shortcut...UGh will not COPY....sorry Robynhood:thinking:

Hey Robynhood you asked about CN'S trial date. CNs trial starts November 14th 2016.

Goodman now moving on to planning and deliberation. If the jury believes Millard and Smich planned Bosma's murder, and it was deliberate, they are then to be found guilty of first-degree murder.
by Adam Carter 11:44 AM

"It is not enough for Crown counsel to prove that Bosma was murdered ... or that it was planned, or it was deliberate," Goodman says. It has to be both.
by Adam Carter 11:45 AM

Planned and deliberate mean different things, Goodman says. Planned means a "calculated scheme or design ... the plan does not have to be calculated or sensible."
by Adam Carter 11:47 AM

A murder carried out on a sudden impulse is not a planned murder, Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 11:47 AM

Deliberate means considered, and not impulse -- carefully thought out. "Slow and deciding."
by Adam Carter 11:48 AM

The jury should consider what each accused did in the totality of the evidence when looking at planning and deliberation, Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 11:51 AM

Susan Clairmont writes in tweeter..."If all goes as expected today, Justice Andrew Goodman will finish his charge and the jury will begin deliberations at the Tim #Bosma trial.

I believe an aider & abettor is legally liable for 1st degree as well. Not to be confused with AATF.MOO

True. If the jury can't figure out who did the shooting, but believe both to be aider and abettors, and that both planned the shooting, then both will be guilty of 1st degree.

Goodman also points out no party disputes the cell phone tower evidence we've seen.
by Adam Carter 11:52 AM

Goodman reads one of Millard's texts on May 6: "I am on the way to a mission now. If it is a flop, I'll be done in two hours. If it goes ... it'll be an all nighter."
by Adam Carter 11:53 AM

Goodman tells the jury they can consider Marlena Meneses' testimony that Millard and Smich were "celebrating" the morning after Bosma's death. Points out she also lied under oath.
by Adam Carter 11:55 AM

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 9m9 minutes ago
Planned and deliberate mean different things, says Goodman. Planned is carefully thought out. May be quite simple and quick.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont · 7m7 minutes ago
Deliberate means considered. Not impulsive, slow in deciding, cautious. Must take place before the murder.

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes
Millard turns and glares at Smich as Goodman recaps Smich's testimony about events after leaving the #Bosma house that night.

FWIW ... Here is an example of what a simple decision tree can look like ... This example is for a finding of 2nd DM:

2e53827fdd6f67b9082d483351587dfa.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

molly hayesVerified account ‏@mollyhayes
Millard turns and glares at Smich as Goodman recaps Smich's testimony about events after leaving the #Bosma house that night.

Even tries to intimidate in court when we're down to the very end... MOO

Goodman says the jury has "uncontradicted evidence" that Bosma's truck was cleaned up. Important the jury doesn't consider after the fact conduct "on it's own," he says.
by Adam Carter 11:58 AM

"Determining the facts of what happened here is exclusively your job," Goodman says.
by Adam Carter 11:59 AM

"There is an absence of any proven motive," Goodman says, pointing out Millard could have easily afforded or stolen the truck.
by Adam Carter 11:59 AM

Goodman tells the jury they can consider Marlena Meneses' testimony that Millard and Smich were "celebrating" the morning after Bosma's death. Points out she also lied under oath.
by Adam Carter 11:55 AM

And since BD testified that MS blew by him when he was waiting, and that time also seems to be the morning of the 7th. Which one is telling the truth? MM and celebration, or BD with MS was troubled and MM told him he better leave?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member