Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote Originally Posted by Boudica View Post
ok, found it, DM moved his red dodge ram to Cambridge, SS followed and then the 2 of them went to the hanger. Most likely that his red truck was also a stolen vehicle. IMO I hope we find out.

I find it very difficult to believe that the red Ram was also stolen and that LE are so incompetent that they never noticed.

Seems as DM held on his "dream" to have the stolen Dodge Ram of TB painted some time later and replace the newly painted red with the old red truck? Perhaps that was the reason to hide his old Dodge Ram. Who knows if he had ordered a new black (?) repainting of his old vehicle in the following days/weeks.

I can think of a couple possibilities: their relationship was one where she wasn't allowed to call/text him, he called her; they did communicate but LE left those one's out because they weren't relevant to tracking DM's movements during critical times.

I think it is likely that they left out certain communications in order to highlight the more relevant ones, namely the trip to Kleinburg and being in the Milton area very late night in the evening.

Also, DM and CN used iPhones and communicated via the iMessage app, which AFAIK uses cellular data and does not register as an SMS text over the cellular network. Therefore it would not be as traceable from the cell tower data. If you watch the Mob Reporter video of the computer forensics presentation, you'll see DM and CN had a total of 5061 iMessages between each other!

I was just thinking about how rare it is for me and my own girlfriend to call each other. We almost exclusively communicate via iMessage when we're not together. These messages would just show up on the cell network as data usage AFAIK.

If this isn't allowed, please remove it. I know it may come under "speculation" and my mind playing tricks, but I captured a few more shots off the Bobcat video and changed the lighting. One picture looks like a man in red.

View attachment 90748

Another couple, I see 2 people, just above bottom light, that look like they're kicking someone while someone else is seated on the grass to the bottom right. Sorry, I didn't put time stamps on the spots. I'm sure LE professionals have scoured this themselves with more professional equip.

Am I crazy?

View attachment 90749

View attachment 90750

View attachment 90751

View attachment 90752

Could someone be taking a dog for a pee?

The cab lights come on with the headlights. No separate switch.

When the Dodge Ram is arriving (Bobcats video) the cab lights are off, headlights on. When it is returning both the cab lights and headlights are on.

Then we should have seen some evidence of MS's fingerprints on the Yukon's mirror, since as you say, there was a size difference.

Except MS didn't leave prints anywhere, it's almost as if he was wearing gloves the whole time, as if he expected a crime was about to happen. I know SB and her tenant never saw his hands, he kept them hidden in his pockets, as well as keeping his face hidden from them.

Out of two people, if one acts suspicious and the other does not, why assume the non-suspicious one was the guilty party? Occam's razor again.

How do you know that MS didn't leave prints in the Yukon? Even if MS's prints had been found in the Yukon, such evidence of having driven it would be meaningless, since he could have driven his friend's Yukon many times, and I don't think it would be possible for fingerprint experts to say when exactly any prints may have been placed there.

We also know from testimony already given that DM had driven the Yukon many times after May 6th, (when it is suspected/theorized that MS drove it while TB's truck was driven by DM), so it would not be surprising for MS's prints to be non-identifiable/illegible and/or mixed in with DM's by the time LE examined the Yukon.

MOO

Seems as DM held on his "dream" to have the stolen Dodge Ram of TB painted some time later and replace the newly painted red with the old red truck? Perhaps that was the reason to hide his old Dodge Ram. Who knows if he had ordered a new black (?) repainting of his old vehicle in the following days/weeks.

I am confused about how DM could have planned to replace his own (red) Dodge Ram with TB's Dodge Ram after painting TB's truck red and putting his own VIN into TB's truck and using it as his own. Wouldn't the people around him, friends, employees, relatives, notice that his truck suddenly wasn't a dually with the larger fenders and extra tires?

Or is it presumed that he wouldn't have been concerned about which people in his life may have noticed, and would only have been concerned in the event that police stopped his vehicle? And if police stopped his vehicle, would it not be noticed or identifiable as a dually via the VIN? I'm not sure what info is contained in the VIN. I suppose he could have been planning to tell his friends and family that he had purchased a different truck.

If TB's truck wasn't a dually, would it have had enough towing capacity to tow the 5th wheel trailer with jeep inside down to Baha?

Sorry if this has already been discussed at some point, I was just confused about how he would expect to replace one vehicle for the other when they look so different. Perhaps a truck guy can speak to this? TY

I am confused about how DM could have planned to replace his own (red) Dodge Ram with TB's Dodge Ram after painting TB's truck red and putting his own VIN into TB's truck and using it as his own. Wouldn't the people around him, friends, employees, relatives, notice that his truck suddenly wasn't a dually with the larger fenders and extra tires?

Or is it presumed that he wouldn't have been concerned about which people in his life may have noticed, and would only have been concerned in the event that police stopped his vehicle? And if police stopped his vehicle, would it not be noticed or identifiable as a dually via the VIN? I'm not sure what info is contained in the VIN. I suppose he could have been planning to tell his friends and family that he had purchased a different truck.

If TB's truck wasn't a dually, would it have had enough towing capacity to tow the 5th wheel trailer with jeep inside down to Baha?

Sorry if this has already been discussed at some point, I was just confused about how he would expect to replace one vehicle for the other when they look so different. Perhaps a truck guy can speak to this? TY

According to the Crown's opening statement MIllard and Smich came right out and told people they were going to steal a truck.

Also, didn't SS say that the truck was purchased in Kitchener?

Ontario Provincial Police complete VIN inquiries more often you would think.
On all Hwy Traffic Act stops checks are completed on DL, Plate, Ownership and "CPIC". Criminal name data base and Traffic act & criminal history of driver.

Is it possible to switch out truck bed, rear axel and modify drive shaft? DM's crew were doing this sort of work on Jeep's.

Napper505 :)

Uniden bcd436hp user

We all assumed that DM Wanted a truck for towing..

What if the new trailer was being built for his new BAJA truck in the full size production truck class?

Are there any specs or images of the new trailer?

a production truck class vehicle image link

http://www.roadarmor.com/images/cache/big_dog_04_jpg_f0d2536de97b321400b7a60e3f204949.jpg

Not sure how and didn't want to post the actual image of the Dodge 3500 Baja race truck

Napper :)
I'm not sure they'd have time for that kind of mod job. Wasn't the race happening a short time after TB's truck was stolen?

If you would draw a circle around the people you are seeing perhaps then I could see them too. :)

They are clearer on my computer. Here's what I thought might look like a woman sitting smoking. I think this as shortly after they arrived. Car lights in background. Parties in question in foreground, white image to left is a bobcat piece of machinery (click on image to see larger):

circledCN.jpg

Police call it ‘The CSI Effect’: It’s the expectation on the part of some judges and juries that fuzzy video evidence can be infinitely resolved down to the smallest detail; just like the Hollywood detectives’ (as Goldstein calls them) do on TV’s CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

In real life, this doesn’t happen. It is possible to enhance the brightness, contrast, and colour of a video image to bring out more detail by using computer programs such as Ocean Systems’ dTective. dTective can also clarify an image by removing video noise and graininess, revealing details hidden beneath. But that’s about it.

However such “enhancement” comes with a risk: The more you enhance video, the more the admissibility of your final product can be challenged in court on the ground that the image has been altered and is no longer accurate or fair.

http://www.cba.org/Publications-Resources/CBA-Practice-Link/2015/2011/Video-Evidence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow