Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know that one. DM was planning on going into the animal cremation business with his veterinarian uncle dontcha know. :floorlaugh:

And save some money by burning his garbage with a $15,000 propane powered incinerator, and a $5000 dollar trailer to tow it around on. :crosseyed::crosseyed::crosseyed:

Tomorrow.

Possible witnesses for Wed and Thurs are JV, SS and AM.

Thank you. I had it in my head it was today and was disappointed when I had no tweet updates to read today while working.

I am anxious to hear the remainder of SS testimony.

Without electricity at the farm the Eliminator was inoperable. However, couldn't a generator provide electricity for it? In parades you see bands performing on the back of mobile trailers with their amplifiers powered by generator. Couldn't a generator provide enough power for the "Eliminator on wheels"? Wasn't it just the fans that needed the electrical hookup?

If they really wanted to operate the Eliminator discretely, i.e. at the barn instead of towing it to the hangar where there are security cameras, a generator would have been a logical solution, would it not? Maybe this never crossed their minds since the hangar had running water and so many other comfortable amenities that the farm did not have.

On the other hand, it seems really odd to me that DM kept the incinerator at the barn instead of the hangar or anywhere else. In order to use it, he'd have to drive all the way to Cambridge to pick it up, then tow it somewhere else to use it. I find this very odd, and suspicious.

Without electricity at the farm the Eliminator was inoperable. However, couldn't a generator provide electricity for it? In parades you see bands performing on the back of mobile trailers with their amplifiers powered by generator. Couldn't a generator provide enough power for the "Eliminator on wheels"? Wasn't it just the fans that needed the electrical hookup?

If they really wanted to operate the Eliminator discretely, i.e. at the barn instead of towing it to the hangar where there are security cameras, a generator would have been a logical solution, would it not? Maybe this never crossed their minds since the hangar had running water and so many other comfortable amenities that the farm did not have.

On the other hand, it seems really odd to me that DM kept the incinerator at the barn instead of the hangar or anywhere else. In order to use it, he'd have to drive all the way to Cambridge to pick it up, then tow it somewhere else to use it. I find this very odd, and suspicious.

I still say that the hanger was plan 'B". Let's face it, the truck required much more work to get ready because of the shooting in the truck. Most likely the burn was going to happen at the farm, or anywhere remote. There was a generator available, and it was only required to power fans.

He's also a guy that was smart enough to use a burner phone. Blowing a guy's head off in a truck you intend on driving for the next 5 years doesn't make any sense.

He was smart enough to use a burner phone but not smart enough to turn his own phone off at the same time and not smart enough to use a different burner phone with each potential victim.

We aren’t likely ever going to find out who actually shot TB. Both of these guys, DM and MS were in this together from the beginning, planning, preparation, performance and clean-up. Both were so heavily involved in all the stages that each is as guilty as the other. That's how if will be viewed in the eyes of the law. Who pulled the trigger is irrelevant. Whether or not the shot came from the front or back of the truck is irrelevant. There is no way anyone takes a loaded gun with during the commission of a crime without considering how they would use it. This speaks to some level of premeditation. I also find it hard to believe that one of them brought the gun and used it without the other being in on the plan. We’ve seen lots of evidence that both have been playing with it, looking all gangster and taking pictures, sending them tofriends. They didn’t buy the gun as a prop to take selfies. IMO

And save some money by burning his garbage with a $15,000 propane powered incinerator, and a $5000 dollar trailer to tow it around on. :crosseyed::crosseyed::crosseyed:

Yes because those city garbage bag tags are so dang expensive! :facepalm:

I get it. You people have already made your decisions. They are guilty, lets stop the trial and throw away the keys. But I'm sorry, I for one don't think a great case has been made against MS. Can you positively even put him at the scene? There are lots of questions as well. Was Millard really that broke that he couldn't buy the truck? Why didn't Millard turn his phone off? They are sitting there together and only one of them turns their phone off? Why kill Tim? They already had two eyewitnesses! If they had just booted him out of the truck there is a huge chance LE wouldn't have put in enough resources to solve this crime. Certainly the Igor/tattoo/Millard connection would never have been made because it wouldn't have gotten any media or public attention. Plenty of stuff doesn't add up here so lets at least listen to the defence presentations before we fry anybody.

Let's not confuse WS forum with the courtroom.

I believe in due legal process for the accused in the courts. WS forum members are not the jury, and we are not in the courts. Here, we can voice our (possibly biased) opinions and share our thoughts on the case based on evidence presented and still to come. These opinions vary between members, and so far include both sympathy for the victims, and (fewer members) sympathy for the accused. Not surprising, given that we all bring some personal bias, myself included.

I am confident that both DM and MS are getting the vigorous defense to which they are entitled to in our legal system. I do not think this defense will help them avoid being convicted of the crimes they are guilty of, in spite of the evidence that is legally suppressed by defense challenges. My opinion is based on the totality of allowed evidence presented this far, combined with the evidence that is still to come.

I stand solidly reserving my sympathy for the victims, unabashed. I have confidence in the police, crown and judicial system that the accused will be found guilty of the crimes they are guilty of, be that first or second degree murder. The direct indictment shows that not only the police believe that first degree murder was committed, but the crown believes that the charges will result in convictions. Although here on WS many are finding them guilty without a trial, in the courtroom they are getting a fair and impartial trial.

I have zero sympathy for either accused. As I am not on the jury, I can say that prior to hearing the defense. But I will still listen to the defense portion of the trial with interest.

MOO

In order to use it, he'd have to drive all the way to Cambridge to pick it up, then tow it somewhere else to use it. I find this very odd

No one has ever said that DM is the brightest crayon in the box.

Maybe I misunderstand everything but I wasn't getting the impression that the truck was a picture of a bloodbath. They had removed the carpet and seats, which seemed to likely have the large mess. They wiped down some areas, thinking it wasn't going to be there any more just because it wasn't visible to their eyes. I got the impression there was a bit of spatter here and a little bit of blood there, and maybe some reddish little areas on the dash. All of that stuff in the truck bed lit up when luminol was sprayed on it, and on the side of the truck, but it wasn't actually visible to the eye, because it had been 'cleaned'. I am not sure, but I believe that is why the blood was not mentioned by AJ, nor SS, nor SH. The cracked and broken front passenger window was apparently in the down position, so perhaps it was not noticed at all. I could envision DM being content driving around that vehicle for a few years once he installed new carpet and seats, no problem. moo

And wasn't Dellen Millard's SUV quite filthy when found? Perhaps they felt they had done a good job? My speculation only.

I still say that the hanger was plan 'B". Let's face it, the truck required much more work to get ready because of the shooting in the truck. Most likely the burn was going to happen at the farm, or anywhere remote. There was a generator available, and it was only required to power fans.

BBM. You're right! I never realized this before. Looking back on JV's testimony, he said that he saw a generator in the back of the barn when he was working there. Also, the commenter Prairie_dawg pointed out (in this post) that a generator was mounted right on the trailer with the Eliminator in one the photos!

generator.jpg

I totally agree with you that going to the hangar was their plan B. They probably intended to use the incinerator at the farm, but ran into issues with the generator. Why else would they risk driving a stolen truck with a dead body and an incinerator hitched on the back through an airport property where there's bound to be security cameras? :waitasec:

He was smart enough to use a burner phone but not smart enough to turn his own phone off at the same time and not smart enough to use a different burner phone with each potential victim.

Not smart enough to delete their text messages - the dumb buggers even backed them up! They basically documented themselves throughout this whole crime, and saved it for LE to access.

Let's not confuse WS forum with the courtroom.

I believe in due legal process for the accused in the courts. WS forum members are not the jury, and we are not in the courts. Here, we can voice our (possibly biased) opinions and share our thoughts on the case based on evidence presented and still to come. These opinions vary between members, and so far include both sympathy for the victims, and (fewer members) sympathy for the accused. Not surprising, given that we all bring some personal bias, myself included.

I am confident that both DM and MS are getting the vigorous defense to which they are entitled to in our legal system. I do not think this defense will help them avoid being convicted of the crimes they are guilty of, in spite of the evidence that is legally suppressed by defense challenges. My opinion is based on the totality of allowed evidence presented this far, combined with the evidence that is still to come.

I stand solidly reserving my sympathy for the victims, unabashed. I have confidence in the police, crown and judicial system that the accused will be found guilty of the crimes they are guilty of, be that first or second degree murder. The direct indictment shows that not only the police believe that first degree murder was committed, but the crown believes that the charges will result in convictions. Although here on WS many are finding them guilty without a trial, in the courtroom they are getting a fair and impartial trial.

I have zero sympathy for either accused. As I am not on the jury, I can say that prior to hearing the defense. But I will still listen to the defense portion of the trial with interest.

MOO

:tyou::woot::goodpost:Just4TB!

All MOO.

Lisa Hefner on CHCH news mentioned that a citizen posted info recently on a facebook group, info about what was discussed in court without the jury present. OPP showed up at his house to explain that criminal charges could have been laid against him for doing that.

http://www.chch.com/tim-bosma-trial/

Personally know a lot of "wealthy" people who would rather squeeze a nickel 'til the beaver *****s...regardless if DM had $$ to buy the truck or not, it is known that a room mate will testify that the plan was to steal the truck (pls correct me if i have mis-read that). Furthermore, recall, he did tell SS that he purchased the truck in Kitchener.
Personally looking forward to getting back to testimony, imo, facts are being forgotten or too many "assumptions" flying around. Facts, can't argue against them.

rsbm

Until it happens, it isn't a known fact. To quote from the Crown's opening statement, stated at the start and repeated at the end of the statement for emphasis:

Despite this, witnesses may in fact testify differently than what has been outlined to you. If this happens, you are only to consider what the witness tells you in this case in this trial. You will have to disregard what I have said if it is not consistent with the evidence of a witness.

http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2016/02/tim-bosma-trial-the-crowns-opening-statement.html

But, yes, I agree. A lot of assumptions are flying around, from all sides. JMO

For anyone that doesn't see this a premeditated murder, do you have an explanation as to why he purchased an incinerator?

Regardless of why he bought the incinerator, as far as this current trial goes, you would have to believe he actually planned this murder a year in advance. By the time he paid for the incinerator, the trailer and the delivery, he could have bought the truck. It may have more meaning in a future trial, but in this one, purchasing an incinerator a year earlier does nothing IMO to prove this particular crime was premeditated.

JMO

Lisa Hefner on CHCH news mentioned that a citizen posted info recently on a facebook group, info about what was discussed in court without the jury present. OPP showed up at his house to explain that criminal charges could have been laid against him for doing that.

http://www.chch.com/tim-bosma-trial/

They also said that the Crown's evidence is expected to continue until the end of April.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Houndgirl2003