Bosma Murder Trial - Weekend Discussion #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the kind words, but you certainly improved this idea with your own excellent suggestions.
I know the jury cannot discuss the evidence with anyone other than the jury members during the trial, but when would they seriously get the chance to do this? Are they allowed to email or twitter to the other jurors to discuss evidence as we do here, during the trial?
If not, how could these jurors ever remember all the evidence, even with note taking? By the time they hit the jury room to deliberate a verdict I am sure most have forgotten quite a lot of important evidence i.e. the timing of phone calls, times on videos, who gave what evidence, etc. etc.
Will the trial transcript be ready and available for them to reference during deliberations? I have no idea.

No wonder I have read of brawls in the jury room as they try to reach a verdict. As I mentioned, I would prefer a professional jury should I ever go to trial.

There are some well written posts here that may be helpful to you....one by CJPrincess #391 about duties of a juror. In addition in his instructions to the jury, the Judge made it pretty straightforward---listen, decide what sounds reasonable, use your common sense --- don't play detective----don't play judge as far as punishment, and don't mess your brain with what the papers or social media and Websleuths are saying ( :) now you know he didn't say that, he was just thinking it).
It is refreshing to go back to his instructions when our own conversations are getting too complicated...and I must say it is reassuring to think on those words often. I am not saying the jurors have it easy with this one but their considerations are limited to facts and exhibits as the law requires....We on the other hand are completely free to explore and speculate on every single thing be it big or small---and as interesting as it is at times, I would not want to be judged in a WS's court.

The last post I'd like to point out is #391 by Musicaljoke....innocent go for the judge....guilty, chose a jury :)

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago Hamilton, Ontario
No jury in yet this morning. Will start live updates as soon as they're in. #timbosna #bosma #hamont

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 3m3 minutes ago
Legal arguments right now, then Shane Schlatman cross exam by Thomas Dungey, lawyer for Mark Smich. #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 30s31 seconds ago
starting off #timbosma w some legal rulings. Shld start soon. @AM900CHML

Regarding the jury members, I graciously give them a lot of credit, personally couldn't sit through all of the evidence presented...I would be sick to my stomach if I was forced to watch those videos. :(
On another note...you all here on WS are able to find holes in testimony, tidbits of "mistruths ", etc. I'm sure the jury is made up of people just like us here...they will fine tooth comb what is presented and question each other, even challenge the thoughts of other jury members. I'm confident they will come to the correct verdict. IMO

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 1m1 minute ago
#Bosma judge dealt with legal rulings this morning. Jury will be here soon. I'll have the story 6pm @CHCHNews. Tweets til then

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 1m1 minute ago
Jury is back for #timbosma.Shane Shlatman to finish up testimony under cross exam.

Closing up now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members