Boulder DA sued for release of indictment

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found something interesting in my reading of ST's book yesterday, now I can't find it.

It relates to the Smilka (sp) grand jury, and how Hunter brokered a deal that an indictment wouldn't be returned, no matter what evidence the GJ uncovered. Well, ST says it took 15 years for the little deal to be uncovered, and isn't funny, it was almost 15 years later that we found out that the GJ investigating the Ramsey case indicted the parents? ST brings out that one of the BPD's "Dream Team" lawyers wondered if the Ramseys' 1998 interviews with LE were brokered with a deal like the Smilka GJ deal was, an interview in exchange for Hunter not signing an indictment if the GJ returned one?

JMO
Thayne Smika. Pages 101, and 351.

:sick::steamed::puke:
makes you sick,really

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/12/05/u...s-a-city-s-majesty.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Mike Bynum, a former prosecutor for Mr. Hunter, is a main architect of Mr. Ramsey's legal defense. Last spring, Mr. Bynum won from Mr. Hunter's office a charge reduction, from felony to misdemeanor, for Jay Elowsky, a Ramsey friend who had threatened with a baseball bat two men he mistook for reporters. A felony conviction could have jeopardized a lucrative liquor license held by Mr. Elowsky for a restaurant chain that he owns with Mr. Bynum and Mr. Ramsey.

Leslie L. Durgin, Boulder's Mayor until her term expired two weeks ago, said: ''I'm extremely concerned about the relationship between the district attorney's office and the Ramsey attorneys. The perception is that they are closer than we thought.''

In a recent Vanity Fair article, Ann Louise Bardach wrote that Peter Hofstrom, the prosecutor's liaison to the Ramsey family, regularly had breakfast with one Ramsey defense lawyer and that another Ramsey defense lawyer gave a back rub to a Boulder prosecutor at a meeting about the case.

''Hofstrom having breakfast -- that's how lawyers operate in this country,'' Mr. Hunter responded in an interview. ''As for the back rub, here's a guy who is bent over because he had a lower back problem. The guy comes up and asks, 'Where does it hurt?' ''

This is not possible.
I've never heard so much BS in my life.
What happened behind closed doors in this case is unbelievable.
This is the reason why this crime wasn't and probably will never be solved.
Conflict of interest,connections,corruption,incompetent cowards,buddy buddies.

a big fat YUK,I am DISGUSTED

:sick::steamed::puke:
makes you sick,really

http://www.nytimes.com/1997/12/05/u...s-a-city-s-majesty.html?pagewanted=all&src=pm

Mike Bynum, a former prosecutor for Mr. Hunter, is a main architect of Mr. Ramsey's legal defense. Last spring, Mr. Bynum won from Mr. Hunter's office a charge reduction, from felony to misdemeanor, for Jay Elowsky, a Ramsey friend who had threatened with a baseball bat two men he mistook for reporters. A felony conviction could have jeopardized a lucrative liquor license held by Mr. Elowsky for a restaurant chain that he owns with Mr. Bynum and Mr. Ramsey. ...
snip' ''

Disgusted too. On a website about class graduates in Moab, small bio of MB and his family. (http://www.moabhappenings.com/Archives/alumni0506Bynum.htm) No Mention of MB's lawyer history and connection to the R case.

MB retired from the legal profession in 2002 and returned to Moab, Utah. MB and JR were affiliated with White Canyon Uranium in 2010, and that company was taken over by Denison Mines Corp. But, just a guess, since JR courted new wife from Moab (per new wife's info), he likely still has some close ties to MB, maybe even a phone conversation over Brennan's lawsuit.

I'm closing this thread for a bit until I can get some management direction on the sleuthing of all these folks.

Thanks and please be patient. :)

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members