Boy From the Woods

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
But, if he's a minor, they really can't do that. However, if he's a minor, he shouldn't be able to have a say as to whether his DNA is tested or not. That's ridiculous. If he belongs to someone, or is a citizen of another country, Germany should not be forced to pay for his care, simply because he refuses to cooperate.

It is intriguing, though, that it is a pair of grandparents who stepped forward. Is there some truth to his tale of being on the lam, so to speak, with his father? Did his parents disappear with him? Did his dad kidnap him? Did he run away from strict grandparents? Is there abuse going on? Let's see. Hopefully, we will find out more...
I'm guessing he's about 23. (Although with that silly identikit pic of him all we have to go by, it's hard to say.)

I don't know. An early article said he is in good health, so he must have had some medical examinations? I'm sure doctors would have detected an age discrepancy between mid-teen and mid-twen.

It has been about 2 months since he has been found, and I think that if it was a joke or a spontanous idea, he would have given up by now. He would have started missing people and things, and anyway it is an awfully long time for a young person to keep a secret. So if he still keeps it up, he either cannot remember, or he has a serious reason not to tell. (Or he is a psychopath, but thankfully, they are rare).

As for the money, the government finances so many stupid things, I would not complain about money being spent in good faith on the wellbeing of a young person.

I don't know. An early article said he is in good health, so he must have had some medical examinations? I'm sure doctors would have detected an age discrepancy between mid-teen and mid-twen.

It has been about 2 months since he has been found, and I think that if it was a joke or a spontanous idea, he would have given up by now. He would have started missing people and things, and anyway it is an awfully long time for a young person to keep a secret. So if he still keeps it up, he either cannot remember, or he has a serious reason not to tell. (Or he is a psychopath, but thankfully, they are rare).

As for the money, the government finances so many stupid things, I would not complain about money being spent in good faith on the wellbeing of a young person.

BBM. You know, you're right. I agree with the part I bolded.

However, there is another category of people who may claim to be what they are not. Like to Hoaks twins and Treva Throneberry who pretend to be teens because they want to live off others or be cared for in some way. Not exactly psychopaths, but scammers of some sort.

However, there is another category of people who may claim to be what they are not. Like to Hoaks twins and Treva Throneberry who pretend to be teens because they want to live off others or be cared for in some way. Not exactly psychopaths, but scammers of some sort.

Then there is another group with motive to pass themselves off as teens. And it has been done before.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4881389/detail.html

Who do teens date? Other teens. Who would he be rooming with most likely? A group of boys. Sex predators have been known to assume the guise of being a teen in order to get close to victims.

Interesting cases, I had never heard of them before. And of course it's just my assumption that his "good health" was stated by a doctor, so I agree it may be a similar case.

Some more thoughts:
As far as I understand the system, if he is believed to be 17, he does not decide if his photo, fingerprints or dna are taken - his (temporary, probably gouvernment-assigned) guardian does. We have read that his fingerprints were run through a database, so maybe they were taken before the guardian had his/her say?

To be included in the system (any system) he will need documents of some kind, and I don't think the authorities will issue any kind of document with "unknown parents" and "unknown Home Country" easily.

Interesting cases, I had never heard of them before. And of course it's just my assumption that his "good health" was stated by a doctor, so I agree it may be a similar case.

Some more thoughts:
As far as I understand the system, if he is believed to be 17, he does not decide if his photo, fingerprints or dna are taken - his (temporary, probably gouvernment-assigned) guardian does. We have read that his fingerprints were run through a database, so maybe they were taken before the guardian had his/her say?

To be included in the system (any system) he will need documents of some kind, and I don't think the authorities will issue any kind of document with "unknown parents" and "unknown Home Country" easily.

LOL you bring up some good points. Which leads to something else.

He is refusing to give DNA which might help identify him. Ok, how do they even know he is in the country legally? LOL he hasn't provided a birth certificate or visa or any other verification of citizenship. LOL could they deport him?

I wish we had some updates on this case. Would love to know if this person has been compelled to provide DNA.

I wish we had some updates on this case. Would love to know if this person has been compelled to provide DNA.

I think Germany wants this story to go away. How embarrassing for them.

Yesterday, I searched for news on this case, but it really seems to have vanished from the media. No news at all since Oct 10th, just repeating of old articles.

But the story about the swiss couple is stranger than I first thought. The couple is not looking for a child that went missing. Their son was grown up when he went missing 18 years ago, and they think Ray could be his son, conceived and born after his father was gone from their lives.

Here is one of the articles mentioning this:
http://www.newspower.eu/multimedia-info/neue-spur-im-ratsel-um-mysteriosen-„waldjungen“/

The question is, what makes them think so? Just the drawing of the boys face? Or did they have some idea where the missing man went back then?

Also reminds of a pair of twin sisters who operated in my area of the country. (Bonus: their wonderful real names, perfect for hoaxers: Birdie Jo and Becky Jo Hoaks.)

more on the Hoaks twins here

Longer Chicago Tribune article on the Hoakses here, with Birdie's booking photo.

whaaaat, are you american? I thought you were british!

I haven't been able to find any new updates. Were the Swiss couple his real grandparents? What were the DNA results? Where is he living now?:waitasec:

From badhorsie's link

Several parents from different countries have contacted Berlin police hoping that Ray might be their missing child. But DNA tests never showed any connection."

Now he is in the care of the German social services, at a cost of an estimated £5,000 a month, and it seems that his secrets may never be unlocked.

I think it's time he's declared an adult and gets off the "dole." His story is still suspicious. You would think that a dental exam could predict his age.

I just read the whole 15 pages here... and now disappointed that we won't know the "actual" truth on this boy!! :maddening: I was hoping for a better ending!! :seeya:

From badhorsie's link

Now he is in the care of the German social services, at a cost of an estimated £5,000 a month, and it seems that his secrets may never be unlocked.

Why does it cost the German social services so much money a month?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back