Boy From the Woods

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I just read about this case, and find it very odd.

Hopefully, this is not a boy who was kidnapped, that is to say, that his bio father truly did take him in the woods for whatever reason.

ETA: Does anyone else think it's possible that this boy was a missing person? I find it very strange that he would not remember anything before age 12, when he went into the woods. There is more to this story, IMO.

berlin-boy_2001690c.jpg

The boy, 17, told police that his father had died and he had buried him in a shallow grave in the woods

Interpol is investigating whether the boy, who is blond, blue eyed and 5ft 11in tall, may match the description of any missing child across the world.

German police: story of 'British' boy who emerged from woods 'credible'

German police believe the story of the English-speaking boy who emerged from the woods in Germany “is credible” and that his accent may prove the key to establishing his true identity.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...tish-boy-who-emerged-from-woods-credible.html

ETA: The boy went directly to City Hall in Berlin. Now THAT is odd too, isn't it? :waitasec:

I think this has 'hoax' written ALL OVER IT.
The selective memory
The perfect teeth
The vague story

We'll see - but my $$ is on a giant confabulation.

Just my opinion.........

It seems like they have determined that he is more likely British, rather then from the US. In my opinion, the features in the picture definitely look more British.

While this could be very well be just another hoax, for the Sleuthers out there in the UK, I would say go back even further in the dates of the missing. If this boy doesn't even know where he is from, it could very well be that his "father" told him that years were something other than how we normally define them. Five years could mean 5 seasons, or it could mean 5 really harsh winters. We don't know what his father was teaching him in regards to measureing time. They could have been migrating with the seasons, spending the 6 months in a more nothern location and 6 months in a more southern location, so that could mean that 5 years is actually 10 years.

Also is Ryan a common first name in Britian? I have known a lot of people from England but never encountered the first name Ryan. Same with Ray and Doreen? I tend to thing of those names as maybe Irish? Or is it Scottish?

Wow Belimom, glad he is reunited and found. I have no idea why he is still listed either. Good find btw!

Thanks - the only reason I found that FB page about him being found was because of all the links posted above of missing boys who could be the 'boy in the woods', I really thought he was the most likely possibility, as far as physical resemblance (something about the mouth). So I kept googling for more pics and came across that page...

It seems like they have determined that he is more likely British, rather then from the US. In my opinion, the features in the picture definitely look more British.

While this could be very well be just another hoax, for the Sleuthers out there in the UK, I would say go back even further in the dates of the missing. If this boy doesn't even know where he is from, it could very well be that his "father" told him that years were something other than how we normally define them. Five years could mean 5 seasons, or it could mean 5 really harsh winters. We don't know what his father was teaching him in regards to measureing time. They could have been migrating with the seasons, spending the 6 months in a more nothern location and 6 months in a more southern location, so that could mean that 5 years is actually 10 years.

Also is Ryan a common first name in Britian? I have known a lot of people from England but never encountered the first name Ryan. Same with Ray and Doreen? I tend to thing of those names as maybe Irish? Or is it Scottish?

Traditionally, Ryan was an Irish name, but who knows today?

Unless he is retarded, a 12-year-old already has a clear sense of the calendar. I think it would be too late for his father to teach him a different definition of "years".

I am very suspicious of this scenario. At 17, this "boy" is what some would consider a man, yet he's being treated as a child.

I've read he recalls his entire name. True? What happened to the boy before the duo took to the woods? Surely, he was in school some place, so can the boy read and write (left out of news story)? What 12 yr old, assuming he went to the woods around that age, wouldn't recall his birthdate?

And, what about the haircut? Looks pretty neat and trim for staying in the woods for so long.

Maybe I'm just too suspicious.

For what it's worth "Ray" and "Doreen" are names from the 50s and 60s in the UK IMO
I have never come across a "Ray" who is younger than 40 so it is a somewhat unusual name these days.

I am so intrigued by this story, I am wondering if he is from Eastern Europe, his English accent would come from whoever taught him English. When I taught in Kuwait I met Kuwaiti children who spoke English wit Scottish and Irish accents.

My brother and I have Eastern European ancestry and he does not look dissimilar to my brother when he was much younger

I am very suspicious of this scenario. At 17, this "boy" is what some would consider a man, yet he's being treated as a child.

I've read he recalls his entire name. True? What happened to the boy before the duo took to the woods? Surely, he was in school some place, so can the boy read and write (left out of news story)? What 12 yr old, assuming he went to the woods around that age, wouldn't recall his birthdate?

And, what about the haircut? Looks pretty neat and trim for staying in the woods for so long.

Maybe I'm just too suspicious.

17 is still considered a minor in some parts of the world. I know in Canada in some provinces 18 is considered of legal age and others at 21.

The only thing that would make any sense with Ray's story is if he suffers from some sort of trauma. Perhaps the car accident was not really an accident? Did he see his mom get murdered? Or did the dad tell him his mom died in an accident so he could run off with the kid (parental abduction) Why would the dad go into hiding with him? Why are no family members coming forward claiming they may know who he is?

There are still so many unanswered questions. Also, some reports indicate he remembers his full name and date of birth. Not sure if that is true or misreporting. Hopefully, some answers will be forthcoming soon. If Interpol is involved, we should start seeing some action and results as to who this kid is and why he lived in the forest for 5 years.

I'm hoping it's not a hoax and this kid will be reunited with his family.

I've gone through all missing children registered in the UK and have not come up with a match. There is no child with the name "Ray" missing and the ones I thought somewhat matched his description were either shorter or had brown eyes or brown or red hair. No exact matches.

Another case that will make me :crazy:

For what it's worth "Ray" and "Doreen" are names from the 50s and 60s in the UK IMO
I have never come across a "Ray" who is younger than 40 so it is a somewhat unusual name these days.

I am so intrigued by this story, I am wondering if he is from Eastern Europe, his English accent would come from whoever taught him English. When I taught in Kuwait I met Kuwaiti children who spoke English wit Scottish and Irish accents.

My brother and I have Eastern European ancestry and he does not look dissimilar to my brother when he was much younger

We know he spoke a little German. Was his mom German and dad English, perhaps? What other countries is German spoken? Switzerland????

According to this news report, the Boy may actually be a missing person.

One could infer that "what happened" to his mother, may not actually be a car accident.

I don't know, this one has me suspicious of wrongdoing on the boy.

Global police force Interpol believe the 17-year-old — known as Ray and who speaks English fluently — may have been reported missing in Britain years ago.

German officials — who know his full name — say he has told them what happened to his mother but they will not reveal the details.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3822477/First-snap-of-boy-lost-in-woods.html

More details here:

They are also investigating reports that the teenager may have criss-crossed Europe during the five years he says he spent living rough in forests with his father.

German police are believed to have contacted Czech and Austrian officials to find out whether the boy or his father had been arrested for vagrancy or similar offences after suggestions that the pair might have criss-crossed Europe over the years.

They have also requested information about any unidentified bodies found buried in woodland over the past year.

Officials confirmed that the boy was in good physical shape and had no signs of abuse apart from a small scar that was at least three years old.

Police have issued DNA and fingerprint evidence as well as a photograph of the blue-eyed and athletic-looking boy to Interpol. Social workers have applied for child protection status for him.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...teps-fathers-shallow-grave.html#ixzz1YPFkg5YM

I am going to throw this out there as a possibility.

What if this boy is Ben Needham?

9443522_orig.png
7389765.jpg
berlin-boy_2001690c.jpg

http://www.helpfindben.co.uk/ben---new-image.html

Are you aged between 17 and 25 or don’t know your age?

17-25?

- Do you not have a birth certificate and / or a Passport?

9456950.png

- Have you noticed that there doesn’t seem to be any photos of you before the age of around two years old?
(Click the photo to make larger)

- Do you have a birthmark above your right knee similar to the picture on the right? (Click it to make larger)

- Do you not know which hospital you were born in?

8710519.jpg

- Does your background not seem to add up in some way?

9742952.jpg

- Are you uncertain about part of your upbringing?

4261281.jpg

- Do photos of yourself when you were a child look similar to the one on the right? (Click to make larger)

http://www.helpfindben.co.uk/think-about-it.html

Some of us speculated earlier that it could be Ben. One easy way to tell is if this boy has a birthmark. It would be a given if he did.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jon86
Back