Boy From the Woods

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
That's what I said, lol.

Honestly, I would hate to say this boy is telling a tale and then it turn out he was kidnapped by a parent or stranger. It's odd (if true) that a father would keep a child hidden from society for years, which would make me think abuse, yet tell him what to do/where to go if he needed any help.

Yeah that is weird. And to tell him how to get help, yet tell him to go so far away to get that help.

I just had a thought. The statements that English is an important language, and to be so paranoid as to tell him that the only place to get help was Berlin reminds me of something. Is it possible that the father was schizophrenic?

A few years ago, I might have been more open, but after Benjamin Kyle, call me a skeptic.

Question: I am sure that if you were to walk for two weeks from a forest and head due North towards Berlin, you would hit highways, homes, towns/villages, etc. I am sure he saw other signs of civilization before arriving in Berlin (did he actually go to City Hall himself or was he taken there?!?). Doesn't it seem that he would likely have stopped someone before arriving in Berlin and asked for help/directions/food/shelter - something?

It doesn't make sense.

Not sure how accurate it is but on Google maps, two weeks walking North would have started him around Greece?

Was he told to walk North until he got to Berlin? Maybe he didn't find anyone along the way who spoke English?

Yeah that is weird. And to tell him how to get help, yet tell him to go so far away to get that help.

I just had a thought. The statements that English is an important language, and to be so paranoid as to tell him that the only place to get help was Berlin reminds me of something. Is it possible that the father was schizophrenic?

BBM

I was thinking this too... it might explain why the boy does not remember much prior to going to the forest as well, like where he came from. I am thinking only a certain kind of person would react to the death of his wife by taking their son to live in the forest indefinitely, and that type of person would likely have been unusual even before the wife's death. So maybe the boy would not have gone to school, socialized much, etc. if the dad was paranoid and avoiding society.

I think this is all a hoax. Get that kid in front of a Native English Speaker and they can tell if he is a native speaker and where he is from. If he is not a native English speaker, there are plenty of people who are familiar with the various accents that people who have learned English display. (I'm betting he's German)

Not sure how accurate it is but on Google maps, two weeks walking North would have started him around Greece?

Was he told to walk North until he got to Berlin? Maybe he didn't find anyone along the way who spoke English?

Hmm i think it would have taken more than 2 weeks to walk fr o Germany to Greece lol

One report i read said it could actually been Czechoslovakia where his dads body is meant to be as apparently that joins onto Germany

I think this is all a hoax. Get that kid in front of a Native English Speaker and they can tell if he is a native speaker and where he is from. If he is not a native English speaker, there are plenty of people who are familiar with the various accents that people who have learned English display. (I'm betting he's German)

He could be someone who wants to reach England for our benefit system..he sure wouldnt be the first to try and do that.

I am not sure if it is a hoax or not. It is possible to type Doreen and Ryan into the British register of births, marriages and deaths and also to type Ray with mother Doreen. Ray is a perfectly acceptable English name though Doreen tends to feel a bit old fashioned - there are still plenty of people around called Ryan, Ray and Doreen. Ryan is also perfectly acceptable. I know a Ray who lives up the road from me and have known a Doreen and would not think it odd if someone said they were called Ryan. I tried this morning to see what would come up on free BMD but nothing does. That may just mean the family is not transcribed - there are other search engines you can pay for that might bring up something.

I do think living in the woods is something some people may do because a lot of people were doing it about 12 years ago as new age travellers here. However most looked thin and unkempt.

I don't think this is Andrew Gosden. I wish to God it was, or Ben Needham. I think that maybe the boy was not wandering as long as it felt he was and is traumatised by the death of his Father (if it is really his Father.)

My guess is that the accident with the Mother had the Father scared of the authorities wherever he was for some reason and they went on the run, but that they were not always in the forest. Perhaps they had no relatives who would be bothered where they were and that made the running easy.

What we are not hearing, however is how clean, how well nourished, how hungry or otherwise the boy was when he turned up. I would guess that those things were already looked at and that is why the police think he is possibly telling the truth. I am sure they are watching the boy's responses to how he handles the new environment. That also might tell a lot.

Jacky

He could be someone who wants to reach England for our benefit system..he sure wouldnt be the first to try and do that.

I just think it is a bit of an elaborate way to go about it. However stranger stuff has been done I guess. He would probably be better off staying in Germany for all I know!!

I find it odd that no one has come forward who saw the boy walking toward Berlin. What did he do for food along the way? Where did he stop?

The haircut?
Not afraid?
Clean?
Smokes?
Bowling?
Had coins?
Why City Hall? If he only spoke a few words of German, how did he know to go there?
Other towns? Find a good map of Germany. How did he avoid other towns while walking to Berlin?

Linguists have been called in.
http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/of...fy-boy-from-woods-dpgonc-20110920-ch_15114684

I find it odd that no one has come forward who saw the boy walking toward Berlin. What did he do for food along the way? Where did he stop?

The haircut?
Not afraid?
Clean?
Smokes?
Bowling?
Had coins?
Why City Hall? If he only spoke a few words of German, how did he know to go there?
Other towns? Find a good map of Germany. How did he avoid other towns while walking to Berlin?

http://www.myfoxny.com/dpps/news/of...fy-boy-from-woods-dpgonc-20110920-ch_15114684

Thanks for the link.
A police spokesman said Tuesday there was a "low probability" he was British but refused to say how this conclusion was reached.

And the mystery thickens. :banghead:

The pope will be visiting so this kid is at the bottom of their list of priorities. Can't they tell the pope to postpone his trip? This is an urgent matter and is driving me crazy. :floorlaugh:

The haircut?
Not afraid?
Clean?
Smokes?
Bowling?
Had coins?

Adding to your list

Uses a fork and knife

Could be a hoax, but if you were trying it on would you not act up a bit, try and turn up disheveled etc.........I think I am leaning to him being traumatised, but perhaps not having spent that much time in the woods. I don't get why they just don't find an English person to talk to him though maybe it is fear that he has in some way been traumatised. If his Father just died would he not also be in some stage of grief?

Just thought - with all these missing kids, is there a central database of DNA that the parents of the missing give DNA to so that when a child is found or suspected to be found, the process is a matter of matching to a database rather than getting DNA from the family to make the match. If there is not a central database it would make sense for that to be done. That way they can just feed the DNA into the details to see if a match comes up?????

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amakur
Back