Brad Cooper: Appeal info

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There was also clear evidence on his PC that he googled the exact area he dumped her body. I'll go with that factual evidence.

You'll ignore all the "factual" evidence that doesn't fit Brad Did It.

-He lied about his ex-gf's name because he knew that if authorities talked to her, they would find out things which would suggest he is capable of some very nasty things, and did commit some criminal offences in Canada for which he had not been caught. They did talk to her, and she was queued up as a prosecution witness but ultimately not called. He was under oath and had sworn to tell the truth, but chose to lie.

-he was under oath, but also lied about who his friends in Canada were. He specifically used names of two people who didn't have anything bad on him. One of those who was mentioned found it odd his name came up. Again, he could have told the truth but chose to lie, and was under oath.

-the person she kept in contact with and spoke with while he was in Toronto has become somewhat of a Canadian celebrity. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W._Brett_Wilson. There was no romantic connection other than, they had a coffee date the day after Nancy and Brad's first "date" together.

-as for the evidence, that google search is hard to explain away, as is the missing router, not to mention he made up Nancy's plans for the day and made them up wrong. He is the only identified person who had the motive, the means, and to whom evidence points.

Have you read the book about the case? I think Amanda Lamb was the author. I seem to recall a little more between Nancy and Brett than coffee, and the timing was when he was still married.

What criminal offences did Brad Cooper commit?

Brad is the only person identified by the neighbours as having committed the murder. Nancy had a fling in Texas (see the book about the case), she slept with the husband of her friend(s). We don't know what else she was doing, but she went out regularly with friends and it is very possible that she connected with someone that was not as patient with her as her husband seemed to be.

Hey otto. You have to admit the timestamp stuff and the missing router are very incriminating. Do you find it incriminating about his past demeanor/attitude/actions with girlfriends?
I find the no friends stuff troubling too... of course not meaning he is guilty because of that.

I am still trying to remember or find what I found suspicious about the shoes. Duh.

All the best to you!!!

Hey otto. You have to admit the timestamp stuff and the missing router are very incriminating. Do you find it incriminating about his past demeanor/attitude/actions with girlfriends?
I find the no friends stuff troubling too... of course not meaning he is guilty because of that.

I am still trying to remember or find what I found suspicious about the shoes. Duh.

All the best to you!!!

Regarding the missing router, do you remember a witness at the very end of the trial ... an employee from Brad's company? I have a vague memory that he testified that they found the router, but I think his testimony was not allowed ... something like that. If that happened, then it raises two questions: how did the router get back into the storage room, and what is on the router that incriminates Brad?

Did I completely hallucinate this?

I don't know anything about previous girlfriends. Was there testimony from a previous girlfriend that I missed, or is there rumor upon rumor from Nancy's friends in NC and in Canada that Brad was a bad husband/companion?

I read the book about the case and I did not get the impression that Nancy was a faithful wife, or that she was all that nice to Brad. It might have been a War of the Roses marriage. Nancy spent money that they didn't have to retaliate against the fact that Brad wasn't who she wanted him to be. Everyone in the neighborhood seemed to be bed hopping, so it wasn't a normal marriage by any stretch of the imagination. Is there any information about his relationships with other women? Was it also a passive aggressive War of the Roses situation?

Was he wearing different shoes between the two trips to the store?

Actually is a personal attack, and No I do
not work a case like that...ever.

Then how can your comment be at all justified? We've documented mounds of evidence that point to his innocence. Your statement that you'll "go with the factual evidence" suggests that all the other physical, circumstantial and digital evidence raised isn't factual, and it is a backhanded swipe at those who have shown clear reasoning behind their belief in his innocence.

Then how can your comment be at all justified? We've documented mounds of evidence that point to his innocence. Your statement that you'll "go with the factual evidence" suggests that all the other physical, circumstantial and digital evidence raised isn't factual, and it is a backhanded swipe at those who have shown clear reasoning behind their belief in his innocence.

I get the impression that you (apologies for personalizing) have followed the case in detail. Was there a prosecution witness that was introduced at the end of the trial and did that witness claim that as a colleague of Brad, he had found the router?

I hope that Boz brings his A game to the next trial.

Regarding the missing router, do you remember a witness at the very end of the trial ... an employee from Brad's company? I have a vague memory that he testified that they found the router, but I think his testimony was not allowed ... something like that. If that happened, then it raises two questions: how did the router get back into the storage room, and what is on the router that incriminates Brad?

They did not find the router itself.

They found a message in the Windows System Event Log. The message had a MAC address in it. The MAC address (burned in at manufacture time) matched the missing router. The timestamp of the message was around 10pm that night; a time that Brad testified he was sleeping.

I believe that an expert witness will be able to testify that the only way that message could have occurred is if Brad's computer was physically connected to the router and he was changing the configuration of either it or his laptop.

The implication is that he was getting the router ready to spoof phone calls.

The router was in the house when Nancy was alive. The router was not in the house after the house was sealed.

They found a message in the Windows System Event Log. The message had a MAC address in it. The MAC address (burned in at manufacture time) matched the missing router. The timestamp of the message was around 10pm that night; a time that Brad testified he was sleeping.

I believe that an expert witness will be able to testify that the only way that message could have occurred is if Brad's computer was physically connected to the router and he was changing the configuration of either it or his laptop.

That is supposedly the information that they tried to introduce at the end of the trial during rebuttal. However, there are no real details about this.

If they can prove that Brad was actually configuring that router on Friday night, then I will likely change my conclusion as to his innocence or guilt. Until this happens, it is really all supposition, as we don't have all the information about this claim yet.

Really oen? I do not see 'mounds' of evidence pointing to innocence... much less documented.

The router was in the house when Nancy was alive. The router was not in the house after the house was sealed.

Thank you! Was a record, or an instance, of router use located by the end of the trial? Is there an IP and userID associated with the log?

This, to me, is highly suggestive of something shady going on...and associated with this router. Why would he get rid of it? I can't imagine anything that isn't nefarious, with regards to dumping the router.

May I ask why it wasn't submitted for the jury? Is it something that, given a retrial, will be introduced?

Sent from my KFTHWI

This, to me, is highly suggestive of something shady going on...and associated with this router. Why would he get rid of it? I can't imagine anything that isn't nefarious, with regards to dumping the router.

May I ask why it wasn't submitted for the jury? Is it something that, given a retrial, will be introduced?

Sent from my KFTHWI

They did present some of the missing router evidence.
They showed text messages that Brad planned to bring a 3825 home.
They showed pictures of dust marks on the desk where a 3825 shaped thing had been sitting.
They said that people looked for a specific 3825, but never found it.

The evidence that was not presented was about the log on the laptop that showed Brad was using that router in his house at 10:21pm Friday night.

The log was found very late in the case, during rebuttals. I think witness scheduling might have been a factor.

The Win sys event log, which shows a connection to that missing router, was found very late by one of the Cisco guys. And, because it was discovered late, the state had to make a decision if they were willing to enter that evidence and in exchange for entering that late evidence the judge probably would have allowed Masucci to testify since he too was a late entrant submitted by the defense.

It came down to a strategic decision whether they thought they needed that sys log evidence to prove guilt or if they already had enough evidence showing Brad had taken the router home, from a chat log in which Brad said he was taking the 3825 home.

Yes, if there's a second trial, that Win sys event log will be entered into testimony through a Cisco witness.

The Win sys event log, which shows a connection to that missing router, was found very late by one of the Cisco guys. And, because it was discovered late, the state had to make a decision if they were willing to enter that evidence and in exchange for entering that late evidence the judge probably would have allowed Masucci to testify since he too was a late entrant submitted by the defense.

This is not exactly correct. I don't recall the judge ever giving them a "choice", but rather the issue was whether or not the testimony belonged as rebuttal testimony or as part of the prosecutions case in chief. Since this did not rebut any trial evidence, and theoretically it should have been subject to discovery and defense expert witnesses, then the only way for it to be admitted was in the case in chief. Thus, it was too late for trial.

In the new trial, the prosecution will certainly enter it in as part of their case in chief. And the defense will have an opportunity to critique it.

They did present some of the missing router evidence.
They showed text messages that Brad planned to bring a 3825 home.
They showed pictures of dust marks on the desk where a 3825 shaped thing had been sitting.
They said that people looked for a specific 3825, but never found it.

The text messages showing Brad's plans to take home the 3825 router were from quite a while before the murder, not the week before the murder. And as I recall seeing, there was a lot of dust where the router supposedly was. When I have a piece of equipment around for awhile, the dust doesn't accumulate under the equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo8877