Brad Cooper Indicted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Star, the article on this case says the addy and it's like 2 mi from us. :eek: That said, I don't think it's a random crime--whoever took that 19 yr old knows her or has at least seen her before.

:eek::eek::eek: I'll have to go look for the article. :eek::eek: and hope somebody locks the doors tonight.

I don't see him doing this either, but who knows what things will look like for him...or perhaps the state would let him plead to a 2nd degree charge instead? I hope they don't, but look what they did in the Ann Miller case, and that was as premeditated as they come.

I did not keep up with that case AMK. Seems to me if the DA has the evidence - the only alternative morally speaking should be LWOP. Anything less would be a travesty if the evidence proves the case IMO. But then again, I'm hard boiled. Makes me wonder what else Wade Smith has to predict - the train has pulled into the station and BC is now on board.

I also suspect the die is cast, so to speak - appointing HK as the court appointed attorney, the first degree murder charge, the timing, etc. I suspect that there is much physical and forensic (data included) - otherwise, this indictment would be a lot slower in coming.

I predict this is a DP case, and Brad will not plead it out.

As JTF said the cells are now 3/1. Closet sex at its finest in his 12x8 cell.

3:1? I figured they'd have him in a cell by himself due to the high profile nature of the case. BTW, what days/times are visiting hours? (no, I'm not going...just curious).

SG, RC and Fran I agree - Brad is too arrogant and bull headed to ever admit his guilt. If DA does threaten him with the DP I think ole Brad boy would be cocky enough to challenge it. "Bring it on" kind of attitude. But a few months in jail MAY change his entire attitude once he gets a few boyfriends and a few arse kickin's. We might see a whole other Brad emerge in the coming months of hearings and motions.

These guys never admit they did it. They think there's always a way for them to get out of trouble. Even Scott P thinks he's going to get a new trial. :slap:

JMHO
fran

If in fact he did try to commit suicide - he's likely to be in isolation / on watch and definitely alone in a cell.

Last act of control - don't let them sentence you to death.... I don't see him doing well in jail AT ALL.

Thanks, RC. But if someone were to choose a car for a crime, why one with such a conspicuous paint job?

Kasey Kahne fan maybe ? :crazy:

Who knows Star, I'm thinking some criminal minds just aren't too bright.

I would hope he'd go for LWOP. After all, it would make Canada angry that we were again going for the DP of one of their citizens. (the last one I can find is '99 in Texas, could be wrong though) It also costs more to try a DP case.

Besides, these guys hate spending the rest of their life in jail. I think it'd serve him right. Suffer for years and years and years.:mad:

JMHO
fran

I'm a Canadian and I'm pro death penalty. Wish we could get ours back! Unfortunately the last guy to die in Canada was eventually exonerated and found to be not guilty so anytime we try to talk about the DP, they bring this case as the reason why not to have it.

Often though, I think LWOP is much harder a life to live than knowing you have an end to your horrible imprisoned life. I think of SP and how he's not playing golf, playing the field, etc and time must tick by ever so slow in prison. Although SP is on death row, it's an eternity before California ever puts people to death. I don't understand how come the process takes so long there.

Nancy's family will keep her memory alive. Being intelligent, loving people, they will do this for Bella and Katie as this is what is best for them. There is no question in my mind the girls will grow up knowing their mother and how very, very much she love each of them.

Ohhh absolutely!!! And I don't think there could be a more perfect fit than Krista taking these children. A twin sister?!! Krista and Nancy were very close - finished each other's sentences. It couldn't get any better. It's an ideal situation, imo.

In order to make a plea deal, Brad would have to admit to guilt, imo. I don't believe he'll ever say he did it.

I don't think he will ever admit to it. He is going to always think that he has some chance of getting away with it.

I am normally pro-death penalty but having been so close to things in this case, I now think the DP is too good for BC. Because, for some reason, the criminal is given a much more humane exit from this world than what they ever gave their victim. I hope he sits in his little cell and lives out his natural life looking out the bars and thinking about what he's done, what he's thrown away and the heartache he's caused for so many, including his own children. I think LWOP will be a better sentence for BC and fortunately, in the US, life is life, not like Canada where he'd be out in probably 10 to 15 years.

SG, RC and Fran I agree - Brad is too arrogant and bull headed to ever admit his guilt. If DA does threaten him with the DP I think ole Brad boy would be cocky enough to challenge it. "Bring it on" kind of attitude. But a few months in jail MAY change his entire attitude once he gets a few boyfriends and a few arse kickin's. We might see a whole other Brad emerge in the coming months of hearings and motions.

Please, everyone should watch the way you present the issues, let's use words that we would not be ashamed of "IF" the children would happen to
get their hands on this blog.

My prayers and thoughts are with the girls and their future.

I don't think he will ever admit to it. He is going to always think that he has some chance of getting away with it.

I am normally pro-death penalty but having been so close to things in this case, I now think the DP is too good for BC. Because, for some reason, the criminal is given a much more humane exit from this world than what they ever gave their victim. I hope he sits in his little cell and lives out his natural life looking out the bars and thinking about what he's done, what he's thrown away and the heartache he's caused for so many, including his own children. I think LWOP will be a better sentence for BC and fortunately, in the US, life is life, not like Canada where he'd be out in probably 10 to 15 years.

If he were to get a DP sentence he would be sitting on death row for many years until an execution. I don't know what the length of time in NC is to wait, but in CA they execute maybe 1 or 2 a year, if that, and there are over 600 men on death row. I bet the wait here is over 15 years.

BTW, did anyone notice that NOW Brad is wearing short sleeves? That's the standard issue orange stripe jail ensemble. Short sleeve top!

BTW, did anyone notice that NOW Brad is wearing short sleeves? That's the standard issue orange stripe jail ensemble. Short sleeve top!

And now he won't need any Tide HE with OR without bleach anymore. Although with all his recent, extensive laundry experience, he might end up being assigned laundry as his new job.

And now he won't need any Tide HE with OR without bleach anymore. Although with all his recent, extensive laundry experience, he might end up being assigned laundry as his new job.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ohhh absolutely!!! And I don't think there could be a more perfect fit than Krista taking these children. A twin sister?!! Krista and Nancy were very close - finished each other's sentences. It couldn't get any better. It's an ideal situation, imo.

You know Jilly, I can't for the life of me comprehend all the "Krista bashers" on this forum. Not only Krista, but the Rentz family as well. Some of them obviously have personal issues, but to crucify Nancy's family with their words as they have done is horrible.

I've often wondered if any of Nancy's family reads these posts here. If they do, it breaks my heart to know they have read such trash. Hopefully they know how the majority of us feel. I am so grateful those little girls have them in their lives and I concur with you 100%, it absolutely couldn't get any better for those precious children. It IS INDEED an ideal situation.....very well put Jilly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member