Brad Cooper Indicted

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that MH figured out that he was being duped / used between the time that the police questioned him and the second custody hearing - thus the less than rousing recommendation on Brad's fathering ability..... according to the paper it was "he's an OK Dad..." or something like that.

He's likely less than thrilled....

Okay hold on a moment. I just reread Hiller's rebuttal affy and he does not state that permission was obtained through the use of any phone call. See items #5 and #6. He says he talked to Nancy at the BBQ and asked her there, she said 'yeah,' and then he and Brad made their plans for the next morning. All 3 were still at the party when this convo allegedly took place.

Okay hold on a moment. I just reread Hiller's rebuttal affy and he does not state that permission was obtained through the use of any phone call. See items #5 and #6. He says he talked to Nancy at the BBQ and asked her there, she said 'yeah,' and then he and Brad made their plans for the next morning. All 3 were still at the party when this convo allegedly took place.

Looking at the video depositions - I think this issue of the phone call came directly from Brad. Using Skittles list !

Mt3K - for some reason it does not bother me that some information does not appear in earlier affidavits but shows up in later ones. What is dicussed in the affidavits may be directed by a lawyer. In other words a lawyer says here are the topics for you to discuss and nothing beyond this set. So this does not seem nefarious to me at all. In the case of MH - I can understand the later additions to include the tennis plans as things had changed dramatically from just prior to the July hearing.

My reference to duped - I think there is a possibility that Nancy's phone was used to make calls between Brad and MH after 9 am. Brad being the user. Would MH know if Brad was using Nancy's phone ? The thing about phone records, they only prove calls were made on a specific phone, not who actually made them. We know LE interviewed him three times about those calls. Somehow, MH came to the conclusion that LE was accusing him of using Nancy's phone to help Brad.

Based on what you have been told, there seems to have been an attempt by Brad to somehow place Nancy at LTF the afternoon she went missing, it seems reasonable to me he could have used her phone to show activity on the phone after 7am as well by using it to call MH. Not saying it was bright but it seems LE asked if MH was trying to help Brad establish an alibi - doesn't mean MH knew anything at all.

This doesn't make sense though. BC admitted early in the day that her cell phone was at the house with him. Since he claimed she went jogging and never came back, how could he explain the calls after 7:00 if there were any? He knew he told someone that her phone was at home and locked. I don't think he would be stupid enough to try to use that phone at that point to establish she was alive somewhere else.

Looking at the video depositions - I think this issue of the phone call came directly from Brad. Using Skittles list !

Okay that's different. In a version of events between Hiller and Brad where details differ, I'm inclined to believe Hiller's version since Brad has already proved that he's a lying liar who lies. BTW, I was addressing the scenario you wrote in this post. MH's version does not have Brad leaving the party and then asking Nancy if he and Brad could play tennis.

This doesn't make sense though. BC admitted early in the day that her cell phone was at the house with him. Since he claimed she went jogging and never came back, how could he explain the calls after 7:00 if there were any? He knew he told someone that her phone was at home and locked. I don't think he would be stupid enough to try to use that phone at that point to establish she was alive somewhere else.

Murdering Nancy didn't make sense either and definitely not a smart move.

Okay that's different. In a version of events between Hiller and Brad where details differ, I'm inclined to believe Hiller's version since Brad has already proved that he's a lying liar who lies. BTW, I was addressing the scenario you wrote in this post.

The story is Brads - not MH's - that's why it smells to me. Hiller never says that he and Brad made these arrangements over Nancy's phone.

The story is Brads - not MH's - that's why it smells to me. Hiller never says that he and Brad made these arrangements over Nancy's phone.

Ahhh okay...it wasn't clear to me that you had included Brad's statement in referring to what MH said. Thanks, I get it now. :doh: :doh:

Ahhh okay...it wasn't clear to me that you had included Brad's statement in referring to what MH said. Thanks, I get it now. :doh: :doh:

Taking a while to get to this part of the tape - it isn't wanting to buffer well if one moves the slider but am waiting patiently, well not so patiently. It'll get there in a few minutes...

Okay - it is Video Deposition part 8 at just after 8 minutes into the bottom run counter - Brad says that Nancy called him at 830 Friday evening and handed her phone to MH - that is when they completed their plans to play tennis the next morning at 930. So if anyone doubts where this story came from - the horses mouth Brad. Not MH

Great job Skittles - great idea !

Taking a while to get to this part of the tape - it isn't wanting to buffer well if one moves the slider but am waiting patiently, well not so patiently. It'll get there in a few minutes...

Okay - it is Video Deposition part 8 at just after 8 minutes into the bottom run counter - Brad says that Nancy called him at 830 Friday evening and handed her phone to MH - that is when they completed their plans to play tennis the next morning at 930. So if anyone doubts where this story came from - the horses mouth Brad. Not MH

I believe someone said BC and Nancy left at 8 together to take the girls home, and then Nancy came back by herself and BC stayed with the girls. One of the affidavits, but I disremember which one.

I believe someone said BC and Nancy left at 8 together to take the girls home, and then Nancy came back by herself and BC stayed with the girls. One of the affidavits, but I disremember which one.

Brad said it himself in his original affy, item #165.

investigators used "good-cop bad-cop" tactics to force him to admit he made calls on Nancy Cooper's cell phone on July 12, the day a friend reported her missing.

So...did MH admit to it or not? The way the article is written it sounds like he did admit it, but felt coerced into the admission. If he admitted this that would make him a possible accessory and there would be potential legal consequences. If he didn't admit it, I wish the news articles would be more exact about these kinds of things.

OMG I am in Mexico and JUST heard the news....!!!! I haven´t had a chance to read anything yet but I can hardly believe it!!!!

Can someone point me toward where MH backs off of his criticism of how CPD treated him? I didn't read that.

Can someone point me toward where MH backs off of his criticism of how CPD treated him? I didn't read that.

check the media thread at the top...I think it was stated in an article and it should be up in that folder.

So...did MH admit to it or not? The way the article is written it sounds like he did admit it, but felt coerced into the admission. If he admitted this that would make him a possible accessory and there would be potential legal consequences.

I dunno if he admitted it or not, at least to LE. There is a equal possibility he did but if he did, given the rapid indictment, the DA would be using him as a State's witness and probably would not apply charges in exchange for the admission. Not saying it happened, only a possibility. My gut says MH had zero idea he may have been talking to Brad on Nancy's phone. All the more reason I believe Brad did indeed use Nancy's phone that morning.

Daphne - when MH took the stand in the hearing, he did not repeat that LE attempted to coerce him, only that he was naive about the investigation process. I did ask this information directly of a reporter who was in the courtroom - only reason I know it.

I think that MH figured out that he was being duped / used between the time that the police questioned him and the second custody hearing - thus the less than rousing recommendation on Brad's fathering ability..... according to the paper it was "he's an OK Dad..." or something like that.

He's likely less than thrilled....
I'm wondering for several reasons if MH's support of Brad in either affidavit might have something to do with a personal beef he may have had with either NC and/or one or some of her supporters. Here's why:

MH's and BC's relationship appears to be only causal; occasional tennis games, neighborhood get-togethers, etc. Not bosom buddies like brotherly friendship or frontline war camraderies; the type of relationship you would expect from someone who would go to bat for you. Certainly not to the same degree as SH's friendship. So why would he so publicly defend Brad even to the point of bashing CPD?

There have been a few times I've made several purchases in a row on my credit card. At one store, my card will be denied and the cashier will have to call my credit card company, who, inturn will need assuarance that it is me using the card. It is embarrassing and frustrating; BUT I don't complain because I know it's for my own protection, and I am thankful for the interrogation.

Now, I would expect MH, who I do believe is completely telling the truth, to GLADLY answer the many questions asked by LE for as many times as it takes to help BRING JUSTICE TO NANCY. The more good cop/bad cop behavior they portray, the harder it means they're working to find Nancy's killer. This reaction by MH concerning CPD doesn't make sense to me unless he harbors some kind of resentment toward NC and/or her friends.

I will not speculate what or why on this board, as I have been one of the greatest opponents of posters creating stories with no basis other than great imaginations. But it does raise my hinky meter somewhat as to what MH's true motivations were. Why not just state "We had tennis plans. Brad cancelled", as CC very concisely stated she had no plans to run with NC. As always, JMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member