Brad Cooper Pleads Guilty to 2nd Degree Murder of Nancy Cooper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does not matter. They can do what they want when they are of age and what she wants them to do is meaningless. This could completely backfire on them if the girls watch the trial and see what the State did to their dad.
Nobody knows what the girls will do when they are adults, but I highly doubt they are going to trip over themselves to see the person that admitted to murdering their mother and dumping her body. What could backfire is them agreeing to see Brad Cooper when they are adults and asking him all the tough questions about what he did to their mother the last night she was alive, and why he did it. :moo:

Unless he agreed to allocute and tell how he did everything, there will always be unknowns. He was not going to give the grisly details, he was too much of a coward for that. Actions speak louder than words, isn't that how it goes? He signed a document that detailed the facts of the case (the judge read what he was admitting) and he answered affirmatively when asked. He knowingly and willingly signed away his rights including the right to appeal this. It's done. He's guilty and he'll always be guilty.

Well, at this point he is guilty beyond a doubt. Whether yours is reasonable or not is no longer a factor. Right?

In the eyes of the law, yes. But as was mentioned before, innocent people do sometimes admit guilt for various reasons. And in this case, there is a reason for him to admit guilt. But from a legal perspective, it is over.

As to my opinion, it wasn't a factor in anything anyway.

Unless he agreed to allocute and tell how he did everything, there will always be unknowns. He was not going to give the grisly details, he was too much of a coward for that. Actions speak louder than words, isn't that how it goes? He signed a document that detailed the facts of the case (the judge read what he was admitting) and he answered affirmatively when asked. He knowingly and willingly signed away his rights including the right to appeal this. It's done. He's guilty and he'll always be guilty.

I am not really interested in the grisly details. I would like to know, as I stated in a previous post:

1. How he was able to transport the body without leaving any evidence in the car;
2. How he was able to dump the body without leaving any evidence at the scene (footprints, etc);
3. Where and when did he dispose of the router.

If he answered those three things in his allocution, I would be convinced 100% that he is guilty.

The last one is particularly interesting, because they can actually track where trash is taken and dig up the router if they wanted to.

I would still have issues with the autopsy, as stated before, but that is not something that he can address.

Nobody knows what the girls will do when they are adults, but I highly doubt they are going to trip over themselves to see the person that admitted to murdering their mother and dumping her body. What could backfire is them agreeing to see Brad Cooper when they are adults and asking him all the tough questions about what he did to their mother the last night she was alive, and why he did it. :moo:

Um, I was replying to you saying that they would never see him again. You have no idea what will happen. None.

Like I said, they can watch the trial and make their own decisions about the lies that were told by the State and the horrible rulings by the judge that got an appeal.

Oh, plus the fact that they are giving a person who they say did first degree murder 12-15 years in jail.

LOL, sorry, I'm not buying it.

I plan on 'celebrating' exactly the same way when A.Knox is finally put away for her sentence. It is a good feeling when cases you have debated for years and years finally works out along the lines of what you have thought all along. I have an empty feeling when a tragic/horrible case doesn't work out right for the victims or their families... or goes unsolved.

Um, no he didn't. And hopefully they will be allowed to see him if they want to.

Nancy Cooper's father, Garry Rentz, said his former son-in-law's admission has brought some closure to the family and allows them to now move on with their lives.

"When we started this process years ago, I said I wished the person responsible for this crime would come forward and acknowledge guilt and own up to their behavior," he said. "That's happened today."

The plea – in which Brad Cooper relinquished his parental rights – also makes way for Nancy Cooper's twin sister in Canada to adopt the Coopers' two daughters – now ages 8 and 10.

"It's amazing. It's total relief. He doesn't deserve them," said Krista Lister, who has had custody of the girls since their mother's death. "He doesn't deserve to know them, and I'm very happy about it."

Accepting what happened to their mother has been difficult for the children, Lister said, with the oldest taking it especially hard.

"They're doing good (now). They know what happened with Nancy – Bella especially. That destroyed her for many years," Lister said. "She's gotten over it."

Gessner, who presided over the high-profile trial in 2011, had harsh words for Brad Cooper.

"It just bothers me that you have an individual who will, apparently, bargain away their rights as a parent," Gessner said. "I find that repulsive."

Read more at http://www.wral.com/cooper-pleads-g...fe-s-2008-death/14003991/#3MHDyY21moHzqT43.99

Nancy Cooper's father, Garry Rentz, said his former son-in-law's admission has brought some closure to the family and allows them to now move on with their lives.

"When we started this process years ago, I said I wished the person responsible for this crime would come forward and acknowledge guilt and own up to their behavior," he said. "That's happened today."

The plea – in which Brad Cooper relinquished his parental rights – also makes way for Nancy Cooper's twin sister in Canada to adopt the Coopers' two daughters – now ages 8 and 10.

"It's amazing. It's total relief. He doesn't deserve them," said Krista Lister, who has had custody of the girls since their mother's death. "He doesn't deserve to know them, and I'm very happy about it."

Accepting what happened to their mother has been difficult for the children, Lister said, with the oldest taking it especially hard.

"They're doing good (now). They know what happened with Nancy – Bella especially. That destroyed her for many years," Lister said. "She's gotten over it."

Gessner, who presided over the high-profile trial in 2011, had harsh words for Brad Cooper.

"It just bothers me that you have an individual who will, apparently, bargain away their rights as a parent," Gessner said. "I find that repulsive."

Read more at http://www.wral.com/cooper-pleads-g...fe-s-2008-death/14003991/#3MHDyY21moHzqT43.99

Yes, I posted a link to the video earlier.

Um, no he didn't. And hopefully they will be allowed to see him if they want to.

Um, I was replying to you saying that they would never see him again. You have no idea what will happen. None.

Like I said, they can watch the trial and make their own decisions about the lies that were told by the State and the horrible rulings by the judge that got an appeal.

Oh, plus the fact that they are giving a person who they say did first degree murder 12-15 years in jail.

LOL, sorry, I'm not buying it.
You were adamant that Brad would get to see his children, despite him giving up his parental rights. It has been pointed out to you numerous times that it won't happen as long as the children are minors. As I said, nobody knows what will happen when they are adults, including you. They will also be able to make decisions about the lies told by their father when they watch the video of him admitting to murdering Nancy. :moo: I'm done with this discussion.

You were adamant that Brad would get to see his children, despite him giving up his parental rights. It has been pointed out to you numerous times that it won't happen as long as the children are minors. As I said, nobody knows what will happen when they are adults, including you. They will also be able to make decisions about the lies told by their father when they watch the video of him admitting to murdering Nancy. :moo: I'm done with this discussion.

As I pointed out earlier, the word minors has not been said every time.

BBM - I think that says it all right there.

Yes I think an even better quote would have been that the girls deserve not to know him and their lives will be better because of it.

Wait until the oldest child finds out she told the neighbors she saw her mom that morning.
If that actually happened she would be the one to know, but I doubt it happened.

Wait until the oldest child finds out she told the neighbors she saw her mom that morning.
What if she remembers daddy telling her to say that to the neighbours?

As I said before, there is a part of me that still thinks he might be innocent of this crime. But because he made a decision to plead guilty, I don't have to argue this anymore. That was his decision, not mine. Even if he is innocent, I can't let it concern me anymore. If he is guilty, he got off too light. But regardless, he made a choice as to how he would lead the rest of his life.

The victory laps are shallow ones. I am happy for the Rentz family. I feel contempt for the judge, the DA and the CPD. I feel disappointment for Kurtz and Trenkle, who believed in their client and went beyond the call of duty in his defense.

Mostly, though, I am sad for the girls, for although they will have this complication removed from their lives for now, they will certainly revisit it when they are more mature. I cannot help but picture them, in their thirties, visiting their father for the first time since this happened. And the conversation will either be him apologizing to them for stealing their mother away from them, or him telling them that he is actually innocent and he took the deal so that they could move on. I don't know which is true, but I do hope that by then, honesty will prevail.

In the meantime, I think it is time to be done with this case. The only reason that I have an account on WebSleuths is due to this trial. I have moved away from the NC Triangle, and now it's time to move on.

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

If that actually happened she would be the one to know, but I doubt it happened.

She was 4 at the time, so who knows if she remembers it. And why do you think the neighbor lied?

There's no victory, only resolution and relief for the family and especially the girls, who are the biggest victims in all of this tragic mess.

Nancy is still gone and nothing will change that. Her family and friends will forever miss her. Krista, in today's interview after the hearing, disclosed that both girls know what happened and that Brad killed their mother. In that interview she said the oldest child, especially, has had a very difficult time with it and is doing well and coming through it. She certainly remembers her mommy. At 4 the feelings of grief and abandonment for a lost mother must have been overwhelming. Imagine the pain of finally learning your father killed your mother. Thank goodness he finally admitted it though. Hopefully, with all the love and support she and the youngest are getting, along with emotional support through therapy, she and her sister will lead very happy and fulfilled lives.

She was 4 at the time, so who knows if she remembers it. And why do you think the neighbor lied?
Then what would be the point of bringing it up, other than to bring this person even more pain?

The truth shall set you free. Nancy can now rest, and those precious little girls can grow up free of doubt and free of a "father" who commuted the ultimate betrayal. He, by his own and voluntary admission, murdered their mother and dumped her body in a ditch. May God have some semblance of the mercy on him that he did not show Nancy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966