Brad Cooper Pleads Guilty to 2nd Degree Murder of Nancy Cooper

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is Ross Tabachow's testimony during cross examination. Though he testified during direct that he heard plans to paint for Saturday, when pressed he had to admit that he never told police any specific day. Also keep in mind that JA testified that NO paint plans were discussed during that 9:50 phone call. She said they discussed a bathing suit and she invited NC for a drink but volunteered at trial that there was no further confirmation of paint plans. It is this kind of disinformation that went on all throughout that is simply unbelievable....talk about twisting things. Truth is what we should all want!

Thank you for posting that. Ross heard only one side of the conversation and he could only convey what he personally heard. The point is: an assertion was made that no one at the party knew or heard Nancy talk about painting plans at JA's house and further allegations were made that JA made the whole thing up and no plans existed whatsoever. We can see from the testimony that there were plans discussed. No, Nancy didn't say "ok see you between 8am and 9am tomorrow morning," but we don't know what was said on the other end because Ross didn't hear both sides of the conversation. Clearly Nancy & JA spoke about painting because Ross was able to discern that just from what he did hear. That proves a witness at the party was aware that painting was going to occur and it proves painting was discussed Nancy's last night alive. You can continue to twist it that no plans existed but this testimony contradicts the assertion.

Thank you for posting that. Ross heard only one side of the conversation and he could only convey what he personally heard. The point is: an assertion was made that no one at the party knew or heard Nancy talk about painting plans at JA's house and further allegations were made that JA made the whole thing up and no plans existed whatsoever. We can see from the testimony that there were plans discussed. No, Nancy didn't say "ok see you between 8am and 9am tomorrow morning," but we don't know what was said on the other end. Clearly they spoke about painting because Ross was able to discern that much just from what he did hear. That proves a witness at the party was aware that painting was going to occur and it proves painting was discussed that night.

Except that if you look at JA's testimony and I can post it here if you'd like, she specifically stated that painting was not discussed during that call so I don't know what Ross could have heard. And regardless there was still NO confirmation of plans for Saturday from any of the party attendees.

That is incorrect. Actually, I read some of the custody transcripts and the tennis plans were discussed while Brad was still there and Nancy agreed to watch the kids. He wanted to confirm once more with Nancy because he had been stood up in the past and that is when she dialed.

There is absolutely nothing indicating that she ever made plans to paint on Saturday but she told three people she planned to jog in the morning.

Custody transcripts? Are you saying Brad claimed to talk about tennis plans with his wife while he was at the party? That's in direct opposition to everyone who testified, including Brad's own witness.

Custody transcripts? Are you saying Brad claimed to talk about tennis plans with his wife while he was at the party? That's in direct opposition to everyone who testified, including Brad's own witness.

No, I believe it was stated by Laura Hiller and I can't remember exactly where I read it but she also discussed that they were all talking and the tennis plans were discussed as well as plans to play Sequence the following evening with the Coopers.

The amount of spin doctoring the evidence on here is becoming disturbing. Sunshine had me questioning my own memory for a minute and I thought I might be going senile. I know many of you aren't fan's of Madeleine's posts due to her positions but she tends to have the best record recalling the actual evidence.

Here's Jessica's testimony about the content of the 9:50 phone call. Surely she would have mentioned discussing painting with Nancy if it had occurred since it was her (made up) story that she needed to convince everyone of.

ja-950-phone-call1.png

Except that if you look at JA's testimony and I can post it here if you'd like, she specifically stated that painting was not discussed during that call so I don't know what Ross could have heard. And regardless there was still NO confirmation of plans for Saturday from any of the party attendees.

You're going to have to beat that conspiracy drum elsewhere because the testimony from Ross is what it is. And, not only that, but JA & her husband actually moved furniture (big heavy furniture) out of that room when they got up the next morning. A friend of BA's came by and even asked them why they had their furniture (dining room I think) in the hallway and the friend learned it was because the walls in that room were going to be painted.

ETA: I see you posted part of the transcript from JA's testimony. "She didn't cancel any plans with me."

Clearly there were expectations for painting to occur. Nancy told DD on that Thursday that she was painting and was feeling run down, Ross heard what he heard Friday night, JA & husband moved furniture out of that room Sat morning when they got up, a friend witnessed all the furniture moved out of the room and in the hallway.

The amount of spin doctoring the evidence on here is becoming disturbing. Sunshine had me questioning my own memory for a minute and I thought I might be going senile. I know many of you aren't fan's of Madeleine's posts due to her positions but she tends to have the best record recalling the actual evidence.

What specifically are you referring to? I was accurate about Ross Tabachow. Maddy was incorrect. What is being spun?

Here are some of the BZ lies during closing. He lied about the length of a spoofed call. That lie allowed him to say the call he made matched that time even though it actually exceeded it. He lied about Brad never doing laundry. The states own witness said he did laundry. He lied about which machine the searches on the 12th were done. He said the thinkpad instead of where they were actually done (Mac downstairs). Then he used that lie to talk about how those searches didn't have invalid time stamps. And while technically not a lie, stating the defense didn't have an expert witness that could explain the alleged tampering, that was only because he manipulated the judge into not allowing the testimony. Using that in closing arguments was low.

Again, regardless of what you believe about the case, the actions of Boz Zellinger throughout the trial were disgusting. I'm glad he wasn't elected DA and I hope he never is.

You're going to have to beat that drum elsewhere because the testimony from Ross is what it is. And, not only that, but JA & her husband actually moved furniture (big heavy furniture) out of that room when they got up the next morning. A friend of BA's came by and even asked them why they had their furniture (dining room I think) in the hallway and the friend learned it was because the walls in that room were going to be painted.

There were expectation for painting to occur. Nancy told DD on that Thursday that she was painting and was feeling run down, Ross heard what he heard Friday night, JA & husband moved furniture out of that room Sat morning when they got up, a friend witnessed all the furniture moved out of the room and in the hallway.

Ross had to admit that he did not hear of plans specific to Saturday.

And now that we see you have the transcript of the trial, why don't you post the part that no one got to hear because the cameras were off... the proffer by Chris Frye about that 3825 router and what he found in the Windows System event log.

You're going to have to beat that conspiracy drum elsewhere because the testimony from Ross is what it is. And, not only that, but JA & her husband actually moved furniture (big heavy furniture) out of that room when they got up the next morning. A friend of BA's came by and even asked them why they had their furniture (dining room I think) in the hallway and the friend learned it was because the walls in that room were going to be painted.

ETA: I see you posted part of the transcript from JA's testimony. "She didn't cancel any plans with me."

JA and BA could not even keep their story straight. She said they woke at 8 to move furniture; he said 7. We never heard from Kip Anderson to verify that there was furniture moved so it is unverified. No one prepared the room, no one taped it and no one bought additional paint for the room.

Clearly there were expectations for painting to occur. Nancy told DD on that Thursday that she was painting and was feeling run down, Ross heard what he heard Friday night, JA & husband moved furniture out of that room Sat morning when they got up, a friend witnessed all the furniture moved out of the room and in the hallway.

JA and BA could not even keep their story straight. She said they woke at 8 to move furniture; he said 7. We never heard from Kip Anderson to verify that there was furniture moved so it is unverified. No one prepared the room, no one taped it and no one bought additional paint for the room.

As well, Nancy had recently told Krista and Laura Hiller that she was sick of painting.

And now that we see you have the transcript of the trial, why don't you post the part that no one got to hear because the cameras were off... the proffer by Chris Frye about that 3825 router and what he found in the Windows System event log.

I know of no such thing. When did that supposedly occur?

Ross had to admit that he did not hear of plans specific to Saturday.

Correct. He only heard one side of the conversation, which is limited because it's only one side of a conversation. Why anyone would spend time at a party talking on the phone at 10:30pm about painting plans that were not going to occur the next day makes zero sense. It's not like you wouldn't have any other opportunity to talk about painting plans if they were going to happen, say, 2 days later or the following weekend. Some simple common sense can be applied.

I know of no such thing. When did that supposedly occur?

Let's start with the basics. Do you have a copy of the trial transcript? You pull out sections when you want to make a point. Do you have the entire transcript?

No intended offense her, but I would say sunshine05 is more invested (time and knowledge) than anyone on here. She has spent several years documenting this trial in her blog. Even if you don't agree with her conclusions, you have to respect the level of effort she has put into this.

Correct. He only heard one side of the conversation, which is limited because it's only one side of a conversation. Why anyone would spend time at a party talking on the phone at 10:30pm about painting plans that were not going to occur the next day makes zero sense. It's not like you wouldn't have any other opportunity to talk about painting plans if they were going to happen, say, 2 days later or the following weekend. Some simple common sense can be applied.

Maddy - I am going based on factual information. Jessica said NO discussion of painting occurred. Period.

I do not know why Ross said he heard of plans but you can not infer based on someone who has known to have lied throughout this case (JA) that painting plans were arranged for Saturday. His own interview with the cops - he said he heard of plans for that weekend. Did not mention the next day.

As well, Nancy had recently told Krista and Laura Hiller that she was sick of painting.

Well the fact JA & BA's time estimates of waking up were not in sync should tell you something important.... they didn't compare stories and they didn't try to sync up! They each testified to what they remembered (completely independently of each other). Ultimately the jury was left to decide what the truth was. However, what is not in dispute is they did wake up, they did move furniture, BA was not happy he had to move furniture, they did expect painting to occur starting that morning. And yes, Nancy was sick of painting (because she still was going to do more of it). The testimony is that she was not feeling well that Thursday when DD spoke to her (DD said NC seemed run down).

From the transcript above: JA said she does not believe she specifically spoke about anything else, but no plans were cancelled.

That is not the same as "Jessica said NO discussion of painting occurred. Period."

Go back and read the transcript page. Note the words "believe", "specifically" and "no plans were cancelled."

No proof that furniture was moved. She was not even to be paid for painting on Saturday and was sick of it yet we're to believe that she said "Oh, let me paint tomorrow!" We have to put aside that she agreed to watch the kids and JA was not even going to be home because she had plans with the kids. But yeah, ooookay.

Jessica lied SO much. She told police she made plans with NC by phone on Friday then again at a second interview a week later. A week after that police said "Hey Jessica - how come there's no call between you and NC on Friday? How exactly did you make those paint plans? Jessica: "Oh..... we made them in person....I was at the Coopers on Friday."

That is one of MANY examples and police just said "No problem, she was just "clarifying" things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member