Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: By releasing parts you are tipping your hand as much by what is not released.

reedus23, it is very to rare for a judge to seal information in a closed investigation. From my experience, this is usually done for political reasons, and is an indicator of information that is too traumatic for the general public to digest. This is due to the predator's victim total; magnitude, longevity, and to lessen the public's outrage due to the lack of public safety.
Imo, it becomes even more suspicious when bits & pieces are released slowly over time; BSL's psychological evaluation.

Brandon S. Lavergne was an identified violent tier 3 RSO in 2000. He was obviously active for over a decade, yet oblivious to Law Enforcement/Investigators and the Justice System which was responsible for monitoring any deviant behavior. One can only be skeptical of their Justice System's motives for the continued silence, imo...

"Food for Thought".. "Wouldn't it seem logical that BSL would have had a psychological evaluation in 1999/2000, when convicted and sentenced to prison for the violent aggravated rape?

KATC TV PDF Of BS Lavergne Psych Evaluation
http://www.katc.com/files/LAVERGNE REPORT.pdf

Psych eval. details Lavergne’s troubled history
http://www.theind.com/news/indreporter/11393-psych-eval-details-lavergnes-troubled-history

http://www.drmauricegodwin.com/jenni...almurders.html

"One has to ponder whether BS Lavergne was a Suspect/POI in any of the Jennings Serial KIller Victim investigations"... The close to the vest/antiquated silence strategy by LE was also utilized in this investigation.

Unsolved Serial Murders in Jennings, Lousiana

Below is Profile information that was printed on flyers and past out in Jennings:

Superficially glib and charming

Self-Confident

Appears non-threatening initially

Physically Strong – not to be confused with someone who works out every day at the gym

Frequents the area of the Zigler Shopping Center

Quick to Anger

Lures girls with alcohol and drugs (Crack Cocaine)

May have a formal criminal record involving assaultive behavior with a knife and may include burglary

About Dr. Godwin

Dr. Godwin offers diverse criminal investigative and trial consultant services. His research and experience in areas of criminal behavior, applied forensics and criminal investigations distinctly sets him apart from the vast number of consultants who rely on intuitive based opinions. Some have referred to him as a crime scene psychologist.

IMO some things just don't fit there is still such a quietness. It's as if know one wants to speak. Not even the Cajunnet. Just strange to me.

IMO some things just don't fit there is still such a quietness. It's as if know one wants to speak. Not even the Cajunnet. Just strange to me.

Yep, Jkg005, the silence is deafening....

Any locals planning to go to Mickey's memorial? Any plans for local WSers to meet up?

Looks like I will be in town, might be able to make it over to the first part of the event. If any of you go and would like to meet up, post here (or PM me if you prefer).

RE: By releasing parts you are tipping your hand as much by what is not released.

reedus23, it is very rare for a judge to seal information in a closed investigation. From my experience, this is usually done for political reasons, and is an indicator of information that is too traumatic for the general public to digest. This is due to the predator's victim total; magnitude, longevity, and to lessen the public's outrage due to the lack of public safety.
Imo, it becomes even more suspicious when bits & pieces are released slowly over time; BSL's psychological evaluation.

Brandon S. Lavergne was an identified violent tier 3 RSO in 2000. He was obviously active for over a decade, yet oblivious to Law Enforcement/Investigators and the Justice System which was responsible for monitoring any deviant behavior. One can only be skeptical of the Justice System's motives for the continued silence, imo...

"Food for Thought".. "Wouldn't it seem logical that BSL would have had a psychological evaluation in 1999/2000, when convicted and sentenced to prison for the violent aggravated rape?

KATC TV PDF Of BS Lavergne Psych Evaluation
http://www.katc.com/files/LAVERGNE REPORT.pdf

Psych eval. details Lavergne’s troubled history
http://www.theind.com/news/indreporter/11393-psych-eval-details-lavergnes-troubled-history

http://www.drmauricegodwin.com/jenni...almurders.html

"One has to ponder whether BS Lavergne was a Suspect/POI in any of the Jennings Serial KIller Victim investigations"... The close to the vest/antiquated silence strategy by LE was also utilized in this investigation.

Unsolved Serial Murders in Jennings, Lousiana

Below is Profile information that was printed on flyers and past out in Jennings:

Superficially glib and charming

Self-Confident

Appears non-threatening initially

Physically Strong – not to be confused with someone who works out every day at the gym

Frequents the area of the Zigler Shopping Center

Quick to Anger

Lures girls with alcohol and drugs (Crack Cocaine)

May have a formal criminal record involving assaultive behavior with a knife and may include burglary

About Dr. Godwin

Dr. Godwin offers diverse criminal investigative and trial consultant services. His research and experience in areas of criminal behavior, applied forensics and criminal investigations distinctly sets him apart from the vast number of consultants who rely on intuitive based opinions. Some have referred to him as a crime scene psychologist.

Thanks for the thoughts Foxfire...I will be much more concerned in time if there aren't disclosures. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the reason it's remaining sealed is because the information may directly impact open investigations, even though the Shunick case may be closed? I also wonder if in your research, there have been other cases where a serial killer has plead guilty to one murder while there were other investigations still ongoing. I just have a hard time believing if that is the case, the LE from the first case would just open their books, possibly jeopardizing the ongoing investigations. Now, if we're talking about the general "playing it close to the vest" approach, you get no argument from me. But even then, it's a balancing act by LE because even if they are more transparent, they still aren't going to release everything.

Thanks for the thoughts Foxfire...I will be much more concerned in time if there aren't disclosures. Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't the reason it's remaining sealed is because the information may directly impact open investigations, even though the Shunick case may be closed? I also wonder if in your research, there have been other cases where a serial killer has plead guilty to one murder while there were other investigations still ongoing. I just have a hard time believing if that is the case, the LE from the first case would just open their books, possibly jeopardizing the ongoing investigations. Now, if we're talking about the general "playing it close to the vest" approach, you get no argument from me. But even then, it's a balancing act by LE because even if they are more transparent, they still aren't going to release everything.

Serial Killer Gary Hilton plead guilty to Meredith Hope Emerson's abduction/murder. From arrest on 01/04/2008 (GA) to sentencing LWP/30 yrs. All within 30 days.. Meredith Emerson investigation files were released, although he was being investigated for many more victims; Cheryl Dunlap(FL), John & Irene Bryant(NC, etc., etc. Files pertaining to the other victims were sealed in FL and the Feds sealed the files in NC. All others were available in GA via FOIA requests, except the crime scene photos, to protect the victim.. The GA Legislature passed two laws, due to the Meredith Emerson tragedy. One was Meredith Emerson's DNA Law & another to prevent the release of crime scene photos; Meredith's Law..

Wish I didn't live several states away! I so badly want to go to Mickey's memorial! I will be sending thoughts and love you guys way from VA!

On one hand, LE needs to seal the files to be able to complete an investigation of...what? it could mean that BSL committed multiple homicides, almost a given around here; or they could be going after an accomplice. IMO, JMO, MOO, there is definitely someone else, and they need to go down just as hard. Like Jkill and so many others have pointed out, this guy did so many things, both the night of the murder and running around Spring Texas and Nola. It could be like that movie when they say "you can't handle the truth!"
Maybe that's why they don't tell us,

also, while I'm on a tear, all we really know is that he killed Mickey, and they have him abducting her on tape. I exaggerate and change the transpiring of events to my advantage all the time and I'm not a criminal. I don't believe his story . Where is this cane field? I realize they are huge and dense, but you guys are always mapping things out and had WB totally reconnaissed. I think about this cane field. It must have a road
through it, and not very many people would have access to it. Perhaps BSL knew who
owned this field, or it was owned by someone from his troubled past.

also, while I'm on a tear, all we really know is that he killed Mickey, and they have him abducting her on tape. I exaggerate and change the transpiring of events to my advantage all the time and I'm not a criminal. I don't believe his story . Where is this cane field? I realize they are huge and dense, but you guys are always mapping things out and had WB totally reconnaissed. I think about this cane field. It must have a road
through it, and not very many people would have access to it. Perhaps BSL knew who

Thought about the cane field a lot, Ixchel13. Either BSL, was lying, and temporarily placed Mickey's body under his mobile home(skirting), or either he relocated her remains from the cane field to the Pinesclair Cemetery as a deflection. A deflection from other unknown victim's remains in the proximity of the field.

It was very risky for BSL to return, reclaim, and then transport her remains from the cane field. BSL, could not be sure that the body had not been located by authorities prior to his return from NOLA on Sunday; 05/20/2012.

Either BS Lavergne is playing investigators like a fiddle, or the Justice system is playing the American public like one, imo.. Time will tell..

I had heard as well that there was another video of the abduction but haven't heard there was any official confirmation of it from LE. The only video that was confirmed was the one from LCG. Even though that as well is unclear as to whether it was a live continuous video or if it was a series of stills that were recorded on video. I just can't get past those pictures as hard as I have tried I just can't. I honesty believe that video will NEVER be released for whatever reason. JMHO.

Hey, Hou...we all going! Trek is clean, chain is oiled, tires are airred. Long day awaiting...Anticipated glory day of unity! Crimson, and her crew, are THERE!

Hey, Hou...we all going! Trek is clean, chain is oiled, tires are airred. Long day awaiting...Anticipated glory day of unity! Crimson, and her crew, are THERE!

Crimson and all fellow WS'ers . . . I've been absent for many weeks, although lurking now and then. OT a little - -I think that the cane field incident = = well something just doesn't ring true. In fact, I spent many nights pondering all he said really happened. To me, I think a lot of it is malarkey!! It's obvious, whoever he took that night, being armed with two deadly weapons, he had no intentions of them coming out alive. IMO

On to better thoughts - - celebrating Mickey's life! I, too, so wish I could be in Lafayette on Saturday. Due to a few medical issues, I wouldn't be able to ride or even walk. My son and family is down the road a little bit, and I'm praying he's there. :tyou: Thank you so much to all of the fellow WS'ers going to said event. At least we can relive some of the events through ya'lls eyes. I would love to meet some fellow WS's.

I've had somewhat of a "survivor's" guilt since my own child was found alive and although not unharmed, she's still with us. Mickey isn't!! . . . So I pray for all of you that have suffered tragedies and will always keep the Shunicks and ya'll in my prayers. My heart is heavy but through your eyes and ears here on WS's I've come to see such caring and wonderful people. My faith is being restored watching the grace of all the people involved who worked so tirelessly and then suffered so much.

Celebrate hardy my friends for little, precious Mighty Mickey. And know my heart will be with you on Saturday!! :loveyou:

Crimson, I'd love to meet you, your crew, Houdat, chicken fried all of the bunch!! A glorious day of unity for sure!!

Speaking of, has anyone heard from chicken fried since Isaac? Hoping I just missed a post.

Either BS Lavergne is playing investigators like a fiddle, or the Justice system is playing the American public like one, imo.. Time will tell..

I would eliminate the word 'either' and replace the word 'or' with 'and' in your sentence.

IMO, it is not unreasonable to think that 'sealing' records is a CYA agreed to strategy across several jurisdictions in the LE and judicial branches. We have become aware of numerous questionable LE/JD actions regarding BSL covering decades. Is there actual additional evidence that could have led to a much earlier conviction of BSL thus saving the precious lives of LP and MS? What other possible mistakes (or inaction) did LE/JD make?

Most of these officials, (DAs and Judges) are elected. Unfortunately, you can't take the politics out of this. The 15th Judicial District is now embroiled in internal conflict, with two staffers recently resigning, including the lead prosecutor. Greater chance of DA reelection with a 'successful' conviction of a serial killer than with a question of could this have been prevented. Ongoing 'cold-case' investigations can drag on for years and interest in sealed evidence can wane.

Just my opinion....

Thought about the cane field a lot, Ixchel13. Either BSL, was lying, and temporarily placed Mickey's body under his mobile home(skirting), or either he relocated her remains from the cane field to the Pinesclair Cemetery as a deflection. A deflection from other unknown victim's remains in the proximity of the field.

It was very risky for BSL to return, reclaim, and then transport her remains from the cane field. BSL, could not be sure that the body had not been located by authorities prior to his return from NOLA on Sunday; 05/20/2012.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't have to go back to the cane field. After Mickey was able to stab him again in the cane field, he shot her. He did not leave Mickey in the cane field, but took her to his house. He claims he didn't get her out of the car in the cane field because of his added injuries, but I suspect it had more to do with the fact that he just shot a firearm and couldn't risk that someone heard it so he left with Mickey to his house and later to the cemetery. What he did do was return to the cemetery on 5/20/12 to bury her since he had only covered her with branches and stuff on 5/19/12.

I never believed the cane field story. IMO, he shot MS before he left the university complex, somewhere between Blackham and the Cajundome, perhaps around the Advertiser site. He then went straight home to lick his wounds and bandage his hand. He then drove to Pinesclair to dump and cover her body. (If he did place her body under his trailer, there would still have been blood residue dogs would have hit on when LE searched. Knowing that, why would Stutes agree to the language in his 'confession'?) BTW, there are many more rice fields than cane fields in Acadia Parish. Of course, BSL was VERY familar with the entire area of Acadia, St. Landry and Evangeline parishes, having lived in multiple locations through the years. He even lived in Oakdale (Allen Parish) where he had to pass the Pinesclair Cemetery hundreds of times.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but he didn't have to go back to the cane field. After Mickey was able to stab him again in the cane field, he shot her. He did not leave Mickey in the cane field, but took her to his house. He claims he didn't get her out of the car in the cane field because of his added injuries, but I suspect it had more to do with the fact that he just shot a firearm and couldn't risk that someone heard it so he left with Mickey to his house and later to the cemetery. What he did do was return to the cemetery on 5/20/12 to bury her since he had only covered her with branches and stuff on 5/19/12.

I stand corrected reedus: Searching for Mickey Shunick - Full Coverage
http://www.katc.com/full-coverage/searching-for-mickey-shunick/#!prettyPhoto/0/

Details offered by prosecutors on the murder of Mickey Shunick:

Lavergne hit Mickey's bike with his truck on St. Landry Street, midway between Dean Street and Coliseum Road. Mickey was thrown from her bike. Lavergne was armed with a knife and a semi-automatic handgun and insisted Mickey get in his truck. Mickey got in the truck, and her bike was placed in the bed of Lavergne's truck.

As he drove away, Mickey grabbed her cell phone to call for help, but Lavergne threatened her if she continued to try and get help. Mickey then sprayed Lavergne with mace, but he was able to wrestle it from her. She then grabbed his knife, stabbing him several times in what would be later called life-threatening wounds. Lavergne tried to grab the knife, cutting tendons in his hand and/or fingers. Lavergne retrieved the knife, stabbing Mickey at least four times, and she fell over. Lavergne felt for a pulse, but he felt nothing.

Lavergne then drove about 30 minutes away to a secluded area in a sugar cane field in North Acadia Parish. His intention was to dump the body and escape. However, suddenly Mickey jumped up with Lavergne's knife, and stabbed him again in the chest. Lavergne pulled out his gun and shot Mickey in the head, killing her instantly. Because of his injuries, he could not leave her body, so he drove to his Church Point home with Mickey still in the passenger seat.

Lavergne nursed his wounds, tried to clean out his truck, and destroyed the clothes he was wearing. He also disposed of the empty bullet casing. Lavergne then drove to the old cemetery in Evangeline Parish to bury the body, but he couldn't dig because of his injuries. He left her body in a tree line, covering it with branches and debris.

read more-

I never believed the cane field story. IMO, he shot MS before he left the university complex, somewhere between Blackham and the Cajundome, perhaps around the Advertiser site. He then went straight home to lick his wounds and bandage his hand. He then drove to Pinesclair to dump and cover her body. (If he did place her body under his trailer, there would still have been blood residue dogs would have hit on when LE searched. Knowing that, why would Stutes agree to the language in his 'confession'?) BTW, there are many more rice fields than cane fields in Acadia Parish. Of course, BSL was VERY familar with the entire area of Acadia, St. Landry and Evangeline parishes, having lived in multiple locations through the years. He even lived in Oakdale (Allen Parish) where he had to pass the Pinesclair Cemetery hundreds of times.

As stated before IMO some things just don't fit. Something else that has bothered me, I can't find the link maybe Foxfire can find it but after the plea Keith Stutes said in an interview that he went back and reviewed his files and said that he felt that the Pate case was stronger than the Shunick case. So how much evidence did they really have in Mickey's case or what additional evidence did they find regarding Lisa?

BSL's story is hard to believe. Will some one please remind him that the one reason he spent time in jail for the assault charge was that DNA was found at the scene. And here he is saying that Mickey took the knife and attacked him(Blood usually flies when someone is cut and blood is DNA) with the same knife and in the same vehicle, right next to him, he stabbed her a few times and there is no way some of his dripping blood off of his cut finger wouldn't of dripped on Mickey and his DNA is on her.
If there are any serial killers on here reading, you need to make up a better confession than what he did, because his is not to believable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx