Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Garryb, please do not let what you're seeing run you off. The majority of us think your daughter is a hero, even if we are just quietly reading and clicking the thanks button along the way. I'm appalled at what I'm reading and I know many others are too. I can only hope your daughter is not reading messages like the ones above because I imagine she's already struggling enough as it is.

garryb
She was manipulated into a very difficult position. He used her obvious love for him to provide a ride.

She did not plan anything and she thought he was the "victim" and did not want to see her brother go back to jail for loaning the truck to the wrong "friends". Sometimes we do the wrong thing for the right reason.

It is easy to say what we would do in hindsight.

What I see is a young woman who was deceived by someone she loved and trusted, but did the right thing when given the true facts.

You will see no pointing fingers from me

Garry. I am curious about the half sisters. is it their mother who did not want to meet BSL? Or are these half sisters some other way?

I cant help but wonder what his "trigger" was for his actions. Why was he out trolling on May 19th? I cant imagine his bump and grab was a random act. He must have thought thru where to dispose of the bike and a body. Does anyone know if something happened in his personal life that was spinning out of control for him? From what I have read he had a good job, owned his home, had a girlfriend (possible fiance) and had reconnected with his birth family. Also, not being from the area, how far is it from the Circle K to where he admitted to hitting her bike?

As a recovering addict, I have a lot of experience as far as triggers go. An addict on celebrity rehab had a shirt on that said it best " My triggers are people, places, and things." And that's probably the best way to describe it. Nothing had to happen ,nessasarily, to trigger him. I have an addictive personality, and become addicted to everything. Right now it's video poker. When I'm happy, I gamble. When I'm sad, I gamble. When I'm angry, I gamble. And so on. I can't say it's the same for serial killers, since I'm not one :woohoo: . But I can say with certainty that most of the time there is no specific trigger. As far as the distance between circle k and dean st., I will try to go out there today if this rain ever let's up. Unless someone has already answered. I'm a little behind on my reading today.

It is always amazing to me how we are each drawn to the details, which details makes us all so different. I will never understand the shark people. (that's how bsl and others like him rest in my head, as though they were sharks who instead of swim in the ocean walk amongst us. Same predatory disregard for what they destroy to satisfy their need.)

For me it is difficult to remain sane while examining the insane. It screams a world of 'what ifs' and 'whys' that can become deafening so there is a need to detach. And I do, I step away for a year at a time, swearing I will never do this again.

And you see another angelic face, Mickey Shunick's perfect, angelic face and it begins again. Then you uncover the truth that this young woman fought hard for her life and left scars on the shark for the world to see...and it begins again.

My hat is off to the Foxfires, Chicken Frieds and the Bessie's of this world. You are strong, relentless, filled with heart, a much stronger heart than I harbor. Thank you to the people who face this battle daily and still take time to comfort others even when you know humanity leaves much to be desired. The MamaRoux's who remind us there is a greater Power and to pray instead of throw the stones.

In truth, WS provides us a place to remember there are wonderful people on this Earth who donate their wisdom and efforts for those who have lost their voice. God bless you all, to name each of you would make this babble even longer.

And to the Mickey Shunicks of this world, thank you for your courage. Rest in the arms of the angels. God's blessings to your family and to all those who will never stop loving you. And in your name, here is to many of your followers staying here and helping to bring justice to those who have no voice...

Well said, AMEN!

To the overwhelming majority of you expressing your warm and kind thoughts for my family, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am thankful every day for the entire WS community for their support for bringing the Mighty Mick home and finally some justice for Lisa.
I don't have first hand knowledge of his contact with his mother, but he said he wanted to meet her and she refused. He WAS terribly upset. Having said that, I refuse to acknowledge that she is any way responsible for his actions.
The story we got was that he was mugged on Bourbon Street. He sent pictures to my daughter. He was pretty cut up and had scratches all over his arms. Some of the descriptions I have read her stated "blood smeared" and I think that paints a false picture. He did have some blood dried blood, etc, but it wasn't some sadistic type of thing where he had smeared blood all over himself....
The other 1/2 sister had actually lived over there for awhile and saw him daily. Actually one of the vehicles in his yard is hers. He was supposed to fix it for her when he came back, but we know how that ended. She is now scared to death and has gone into hiding. Not sure what she is going to do about the vehicle now...
Both of the girls are very strong women. In time I'm sure they will be fine. Thank you very much for your concern.

RE: He did have some blood dried blood, etc, but it wasn't some sadistic type of thing where he had smeared blood all over himself.

Garyb, did you personally observe the dried blood pics? Where & when were they taken, how many? if you know? What do you think his reasoning was for taking the photo/s?

Thanx in advance..

garryb
She was manipulated into a very difficult position. He used her obvious love for him to provide a ride.

She did not plan anything and she thought he was the "victim" and did not want to see her brother go back to jail for loaning the truck to the wrong "friends". Sometimes we do the wrong thing for the right reason.

What I see is a young woman who was deceived by someone she loved and trusted, but did the right thing when given the true facts.

If you watch CSI and other crime dramas, you learn that part of police work is an artistic balancing act. If every single crime, large or small, were prosecuted without prosecutorial judgment, not only would the police and court system be bogged down in a billion cases and grind to a halt, but many more witnesses would never cooperate, reducing the number of successful prosecutions for more serious crimes.

If the "100% prosecution" meme is followed, Mickey's family would have never gotten her back because the prosecutors would have uncompromisingly gone for the death penalty.

:banghead:
To the overwhelming majority of you expressing your warm and kind thoughts for my family, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am thankful every day for the entire WS community for their support for bringing the Mighty Mick home and finally some justice for Lisa.
I don't have first hand knowledge of his contact with his mother, but he said he wanted to meet her and she refused. He WAS terribly upset. Having said that, I refuse to acknowledge that she is any way responsible for his actions.
The story we got was that he was mugged on Bourbon Street. He sent pictures to my daughter. He was pretty cut up and had scratches all over his arms. Some of the descriptions I have read her stated "blood smeared" and I think that paints a false picture. He did have some blood dried blood, etc, but it wasn't some sadistic type of thing where he had smeared blood all over himself....
The other 1/2 sister had actually lived over there for awhile and saw him daily. Actually one of the vehicles in his yard is hers. He was supposed to fix it for her when he came back, but we know how that ended. She is now scared to death and has gone into hiding. Not sure what she is going to do about the vehicle now...
Both of the girls are very strong women. In time I'm sure they will be fine. Thank you very much for your concern.

This is just so horrible! My heart aches for all of you. My God is an awesome God and I know he will carry them through this to brighter days. But you as a Christian already know that as well.

Garry, I'm so sorry what you woke up seeing this morning and reading on here. I think some let their thoughts about new info in this case get out of hand.

I for one,try to put myself in others shoes...and I can only imagine how hard it must be for anyone that has ties with Brandon. He hurt his family too.

My wife was hurt more than I was. We will not share those sentiments with the girls. I understand it is a few, for whatever reason, that have problems. My overall experience with WS has been VERY positive. The dedication of moderators like Bessie and the helpful, compassionate dialog here has made it even more important to find Mighty Mick and bring her home. That was the ultimate goal. I am pretty thick skinned, and it will take more than that to keep me from trying to make sense of this senseless act.
IMO I don't think we're done with BSL. I have no evidence to prove that, just a gut feeling...

I think garryb and family know and understand now how sorry we are about comments made about their love one. We are all so grateful for her courage.
However, kjill was simply stating how she felt. Granted, many challenged her thoughts, and spoke their peace. That's what we do here. But, remember, she's still one of us and she will also wake up this morning and see how big this has become... I'm just hoping for her sake, no matter how unpopular her thoughts on this are, we can find some balance and back off a little... Her post struck a nerve, but maybe we can put ourselves in her shoes for a sec... IMO, she's one of us, and she did what we all do... shared her thoughts, opinion on a matter.

All jmo

Garry. I am curious about the half sisters. is it their mother who did not want to meet BSL? Or are these half sisters some other way?

Yes, BSL and the two sisters are of the same mother, different fathers. She also had 2 more sons with a different father later on in life. She still has contact with them, but both of the daughters have pretty much isolated her from their lives. Not going to lay any blame there, nor any more details...

RE: Quote:
Originally Posted by garryb
The only one in his family that I am aware of, both bio and adoptive, that shunned him was his bio mom.
I'm neither

I'm neither excusing nor laying blame. I simply couldn't scroll on by without noting the power of that statement.
I was somewhat aware of the situation, but reading it now jolted me like the thunder roaring above my house.

Guess, that's better than a lightning bolt, huh?

Yes, Bessie, a very powerful and revealing statement that resonates in the dark shadows of the many before him.

If you watch CSI and other crime dramas, you learn that part of police work is an artistic balancing act. If every single crime, large or small, were prosecuted without prosecutorial judgment, not only would the police and court system be bogged down in a billion cases and grind to a halt, but many more witnesses would never cooperate, reducing the number of successful prosecutions for more serious crimes.

If the "100% prosecution" meme is followed, Mickey's family would have never gotten her back because the prosecutors would have uncompromisingly gone for the death penalty.

I signed off last night before I totally lost it and punched something. I've done that before and it's not good for my hands.

Glad to see you back I could tell that you were as blown away as I was.

garryb

Under those circumstances, I would have done the same for either of my brothers.

Also, I would imagine her objectivity is impacted to a degree by pity, even a little guilt, perhaps, because her brother was placed for adoption and she was not. BSL took asvantage of her weakness to manipulate her in the letter he wrote from jail. My heart goes out to her. Another victim. :tsktsk:

RE: He did have some blood dried blood, etc, but it wasn't some sadistic type of thing where he had smeared blood all over himself.

Garyb, did you personally observe the dried blood pics? Where & when were they taken, how many? if you know? What do you think his reasoning was for taking the photo/s?

Thanx in advance..

No, and quite frankly I didn't want to. I didn't see the pictures of the burnt truck either. All were described to me by BN. Not quite sure about his ultimate goal with the pics, but I pretty much assumed that they were taken to bolster his story for the job as to why he couldn't return to work.

Oh GarryB... you are a brave man. Thank you for your posts.

I don't really have questions about the truck incedent anymore. You have answered more than I expected. Satisfied to know that family member assisted LE.

What I would like to know is how does your family feel about the possibility of bsl being responsible for other missing girls? What does your gut tell you? I am so afraid of finding out more, I can't imagine how you and your family must feel.

Garyb, thank you for sharing this very valuable info. The info & insight that you have provided is beginning to paint a very important picture, imo..

If known, could you please share info on BSL such as his hobbys, interests, if he reads books & what type/topics, was he a camper,hunter, etc?

garyb, when you forbid BSL to come in your home after learning of his RSO status, you said he got mad. Do you remember the date, and can you elaborate on his actual reaction/response.

Thanx in advance

No, and quite frankly I didn't want to. I didn't see the pictures of the burnt truck either. All were described to me by BN. Not quite sure about his ultimate goal with the pics, but I pretty much assumed that they were taken to bolster his story for the job as to why he couldn't return to work.

He took and sent pictures of the burnt truck?

Wow pictures of the burnt truck too?

It is good that you are here answering question's for us GarryB, because many need more closure and once those people to include media (which do read here) have those small details then maybe they will move on too. I believe in my humble opinion with the state of the economy that BSL probably will not be brought to justice in Texas unless there is direct DNA to implicate him on any other missing person. BSL is in jail and not going anywhere, they can take their time investigating, instead of a lot of police hours, one person will be assigned. Sad to say but it is a fact these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member