Brandon Scott Lavergne - Guilty Plea and LWOP

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For everyone that lights a candle during this upcoming storm, light one for Mickey and Lisa too.
Unfortunately, they aren't around to light their own.
So let's be their light.

"Your electrical power may go out, but the power of Prayer never diminishes"

For everyone that lights a candle during this upcoming storm, light one for Mickey and Lisa too.
Unfortunately, they aren't around to light their own.
So let's be their light.
Actually, after what youve just posted, I'm at a loss for words..something that never happens.
I'll just light my blessed candle.

http://www.theind.com/news/11251-after-28-years-ada-stutes-calls-it-quits

After 28 years, ADA Stutes calls it quits

Written by Leslie Turk
Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Keith Stutes, the lead prosecutor in the Mickey Shunick case, confirmed to IND Monthly Tuesday that he is retiring after 28 years with the 15th Judicial District Attorney’s Office. His retirement comes less than a month after successfully negotiating the plea deal that sent Brandon Scott Lavergne to prison for the first-degree murders of Shunick in May of this year and Lisa Pate in 1999. Perhaps the most effectively orchestrated prosecution ever handled by the local DA’s office, Lavergne’s plea agreement was reached just 20 days after Stutes and his co-prosecutors secured an indictment for the two murders.

Lavergne was sent off to hard labor at Angola Aug. 17, the same day he was sentenced in open court, saving the victims’ families from a long and grueling death penalty trial and appeals process.

Stutes will keep his law practice going, plans to spend his time with his family and will continue teaching criminal justice at UL Lafayette. He also volunteers with the Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board, chairing a hearing committee, and is an excellent photographer.

Would he, like so many before him, turn to criminal defense work?

Not likely.

"The joke was I’m only going to specialize in representing the absolutely, positively, not-guilty, innocent defendants," Stutes says. "I don’t anticipate I’d have a lot of business.”
Read More-

I believe that every act of homicide causes a slight unbalancing in the world, and that it diminishes life’s universal equation. In the interest of justice, it is imperative that someone try to right that imbalance. But the task of fighting evil can take a terrible toll on the people who are charged with it. It can cost them their families, their equilibrium, their capacity for joy.
Roger L. Depue

that's very true, i agree completley. However i was wondering more about her state of mind and emotionally. I would think finding out the man you were going to marry is a serial killer would be traumatizing. But she is very lucky to be alive and well.

i agree yycg.

Better pace yourself....seems this thing is going to be around for quite awhile. Seems like track keeps moving west with every update. Now looks like it may track between BR and Lfy. Likely we'll see 60mph winds along with rain before this is over. Not looking forward to 36 hours of constant 50+mph winds....probably lose power sometime early tomorrow....hope Slemco is prepared........

The lineman trucks started arriving around 4:00 p.m. and are again parking at the old Evangeline Downs on I-49 near Carencro. It's a welcome sight and before nightfall, I'm sure the lot will be full. Hopefully if we do lose power, it won't be for long. Here's a shout-out to the men and their wives who will make do during their absence so we are restored quickly.

RE: rabbit ears and digital converter box for the TV

'Don't forget the aluminum foil for the rabbit ears'.. Reynolds Wrap works best, lol..

Stay safe..

FF ~ FUNNY HONEY !
THAT'S THE WAY IT WAS / WE WERE.

OT: Reminds me of a story a friend told me when she was babysitting.

The young girl was talking about cell phones. My friend told her that she did not have a cell phone when she was that age.
The young girl asked: "Were you poor ?"

Way Too Funny Honey !

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8307917#post8307917"]TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 July 2006 - Page 20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 July 2006

Deja vu, much too often, imo..

One of the possible reasons that it took over a decade to insure BS Lavergne's LWOP conviction, imo..
'Seems, that after over six years, it is past time to put some heat on the heat to get off their buttocks & seek Justice for Roxanne Paltauf and her family'..
From what I have read 18 year old Roxanne, received a less than an aggressive, competent, & complete investigation by APD, imo..
Sadly, this seems to be the rule rather than the exception in many missing/murdered persons investigations that I have researched...

Found this link on my email today. The billboard article/video is from a year ago:

MISSING Young Woman (ROXANNE PAULTAUF), AUSTIN,TEXAS 7/7/2006
http://voices4missing.ning.com/video...-woman-roxanne

FF ~ FUNNY HONEY !
THAT'S THE WAY IT WAS / WE WERE.

OT: Reminds me of a story a friend told me when she was babysitting.

The young girl was talking about cell phones. My friend told her that she did not have a cell phone when she was that age.
The young girl asked: "Were you poor ?"

Way Too Funny Honey !

Always use reynolds wrap aluminum foil for my tin foil hats, FOTOBUG..LOL

My wife had an antique store & my 14 year old grandson saw a 78 vinyl/record. He said, "man that sure is a big CD".. LOL

Power's out in Nola lakeside neighborhoods

DONAMENA ~

Just before, I mean days before Katrina, my niece & husband sold their house in English Turn and bought a house in Lakeside. Had just moved everything to Lakeside, then went to Laffy to weather the storm.They came home to a house that had held 8 feet of water. They had some things, not much upstairs that survived.
He moved his business and they live in BR now.Not surprised by the outage in
Lake Front area.

'Isaac makes landfall -Winds reported at over 80 MPH - Power Outages reported'

UPDATE 8-Hurricane Isaac to hit New Orleans, making landfall soon

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/28/us/tropical-storm-isaac/index.html

(CNN) -- Almost seven years to the day after Katrina struck, Hurricane Isaac pounded the Gulf Coast with heavy rain and lashing winds Tuesday evening, gaining strength as the day wore on and prompting warnings about even more dangers to come.
Having begun Tuesday as a tropical storm, Isaac emerged as a hurricane around noon and got stronger in subsequent hours. By 6 p.m. CT (7 p.m. ET), the storm had maximum sustained winds of 80 mph -- up 5 mph from earlier in the day -- and was centered 15 miles south-southwest of the mouth of the Mississippi River and 95 miles southeast of New Orleans, said the National Hurricane Center.

* Massive new floodgate part of city's beefed-up defenses

* Nearly all Gulf of Mexico oil production halted

By Scott Malone and Kathy Finn

NEW ORLEANS, Aug 28 (Reuters) - Hurricane Isaac gathered strength as it bore down on New Orleans on Tuesday, bringing high winds and soaking rains that will pose the first major test to the city's multibillion-dollar flood protections, seven years after Katrina devastated the U.S. Gulf Coast.

Hundreds of U.S. Army National Guard troops took up strategic positions around New Orleans, preparation meant to avoid the chaos seen in the days and weeks after Katrina in August 2005.

Always use reynolds wrap aluminum foil for my tin foil hats, FOTOBUG..LOL

My wife had an antique store & my 14 year old grandson saw a 78 vinyl/record. He said, "man that sure is a big CD".. LOL

FF ~ I guess we are dated ...... but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Our childhoods were fun !

Just dropping in to let my Cajun friends know I hope you all stay safe and you're in my thoughts and prayers!!! <3

TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 July 2006 - Page 20 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 July 2006

Deja vu, much too often, imo..

One of the possible reasons that it took over a decade to insure BS Lavergne's LWOP conviction, imo..
'Seems, that after over six years, it is past time to put some heat on the heat to get off their buttocks & seek Justice for Roxanne Paltauf and her family'..
From what I have read 18 year old Roxanne, received a less than an aggressive, competent, & complete investigation by APD, imo..
Sadly, this seems to be the rule rather than the exception in many missing/murdered persons investigations that I have researched...

Found this link on my email today. The billboard article/video is from a year ago:

MISSING Young Woman (ROXANNE PAULTAUF), AUSTIN,TEXAS 7/7/2006
http://voices4missing.ning.com/video...-woman-roxanne

I am familiar with Roxanne's case and it seems there has been a POI all along, the man she was with at the time in a motel. Not sure why this case is being linked here? Just wondering.

Be safe, bessie. Get the kayak out and change the oil while you're at it. And enjoy the hurricane party, too :)
LOL When I was a kid, after Betsy my brother and I gave our friends rides around the neighborhood in my daddy's pirogues. :)

We're starting to rock and roll now, just waiting for the big rain. Nothing to do now but enjoy a libation and pray the power holds out. :crossfingers: But we've got the St. Anthony candles ready in case it does.

You take care too, buddy.

Hurricanes are certainly serious, and no one knows that more than our friends along the Gulf Coast. I live in North Carolina, and we have seen more than a few as well. Fran, Floyd and Hugo, specifically, devastated huge areas of my state, and too many to name have wreaked havoc along our coast. I offer this, not in a way of making light of something so serious, but just in the hopes that, for a moment, it may bring a chuckle to those of you riding Isaac out. Please stay safe! Btw, I cannot take credit for this. I saw it online and hoped you might get a smile from it.

As the hurricane prepares to make landfall, federal disaster officials have warned that internet outages could force people to interact with other people for the first time in years. Residents are bracing themselves for the horror of awkward silences and unwanted eye contact. FEMA has advised: Be prepared. Write down possible topics to talk about in advance...sports, the weather. Remember, a conversation is basically a series of Facebook updates.

LOL When I was a kid, after Betsy my brother and I gave our friends rides around the neighborhood in my daddy's pirogues. :)

We're starting to rock and roll now, just waiting for the big rain. Nothing to do now but enjoy a libation and pray the power holds out. :crossfingers: But we've got the St. Anthony candles ready in case it does.

You take care too, buddy.
When I was a kid Betsy broke the sea wall by where we lived in Miami, and I remember seeing a sailboat floating in the middle of a road afterwards. My sister and I were young enough that we just thought it was all very exciting.
I hope your power stays on. Stay safe!

DONAMENA ~

Just before, I mean days before Katrina, my niece & husband sold their house in English Turn and bought a house in Lakeside. Had just moved everything to Lakeside, then went to Laffy to weather the storm.They came home to a house that had held 8 feet of water. They had some things, not much upstairs that survived.
He moved his business and they live in BR now.Not surprised by the outage in
Lake Front area.
He's in a small area of the lakefront that didn't flood. Near Marconi & Leon C Simon. I got a text a few hrs ago that the power was out, then nothing. He's w/ family...mommy here is not getting any sleep tonight. I'm close to the Mermentau river.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member