Brandon Scott Lavergne - New Evidence Revealed

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone here is absolutely correct--no remorse from this guy. AS IF Mickey should have just allowed him to kill her. The lies in his story are covering up an accomplice, IMO, as I have always said. IMO, MOO, the killing fields in the Acadiana area for this guy is the cane field, then, after they burn the field, he moves the bones to a cemetary.
5 weeks ago here in my city, a man was released after serving 25 years of his sentence for killing a woman, dismembering her and placing her body in several places.
He was to be released to a christian shelter, who quickly disowned him, they knew ahead of time of his crime but only disowned him when the entire town freaked out. He is now in an undisclosed residence.
<modsnip>

every so often, some young guy or girl leaves their
safe group and gets abducted to never be found, never a clue. I am not criticizing
our PD, but the level of cooperation between the Acadianans and the police force, and
the Bloomington PD and our people calling in clues, was not the same, not even close.
Some leads called in by wise locals were never looked at. People were so sure that the friends did it, they never went to what if.
But I digress. what I really want to know is, Please, someone on this forum tell me that there is no conceivable way that BSL will ever get out of jail.

I swear to God. I have never seen so much speculation in my entire life. Surely some of this is correct, but there are way too many stories for all of them to be true. He is locked away. If he did this, he is where he should be, locked away so that the public is protected. It's appalling to me that the same people here who are so angry at BSL for his violent and despicable behavior are the same ones who are wishing violence toward him, even to the point of saying they wish they could do it themselves. Sounds to me that there are a lot of sick people in this world. BSL is gone, shouldn't you be trying to help the families of those who are missing and unaccounted for?

I swear to God. I have never seen so much speculation in my entire life. Surely some of this is correct, but there are way too many stories for all of them to be true. He is locked away. If he did this, he is where he should be, locked away so that the public is protected. It's appalling to me that the same people here who are so angry at BSL for his violent and despicable behavior are the same ones who are wishing violence toward him, even to the point of saying they wish they could do it themselves. Sounds to me that there are a lot of sick people in this world. BSL is gone, shouldn't you be trying to help the families of those who are missing and unaccounted for?

Amen...:candle:

Yes. I'm still glad that Mickey stabbed/hurt him though. She had every right to do so considering what he did to her.

IF he did this? my bolds.
Not sure if I'm correct being a relative newbie here like yourself, but this is the place to speculate about violent crime as long as you don't discuss people who have not been named a suspect or a POI. BSL is not gone, and
people on this site are speculating the hell out of possible other victims
of his. If someone's body is recovered and returned to their families because
of even one of these postings, it makes all of this angst worthwhile IMO. It
almost sounds as if you think we are as bad as he is, or that people can't wish the worst to the Devil.

He has been telling his father that he is innocent and that the facts are all wrong..

After reading his diary, it appears that LWOP is a worse punishment than death would be in this case.

Just wonder what he told his father.

Just wonder what he told his father.

my guess is: "I'm going to blame my woman-hating/woman-killing ways on you abusing Mom and me while I was growing up because nothing is my fault"

I'm being sarcastic- he probably told his dad the same BS about accidentally hitting her, etc. and I doubt he would give dad a heads up that he was going to allege that dad abused his mom & him.

ETA: if this alleged abuse actually happened, I do feel sympathy for BSL as an abused child. But as a murderer & rapist, I don't. Plenty of people have been through the same or worse and didn't rape and murder other.

Couldn't hit the thanks button...simply for its 1st sentence. I can't go to that extreme.
Jarabie...I appreciate and understand your emotionally charged words. He said...She said...No MSM links...Wild speculation bout shtuff, open windows to wild thought processes. Sometimes fruitless in nature <modsnip>OK, I coulda left that out!
It's just how its done here. I get it now.

I been here long enough...to perceive the meaning of words, and how they may shift hearts.

I am a Mickey Shunick product of WS...have acheived my closure with BRANDON SCOTT LAVERGNE ( I think!)...have gravitated to other cases. Why? I do not flippin know. Deep, dark sh** in this world. And I linger...cuz? I do not flippin know!

Ms. Mickey Shunick! I attribute my AWARENESS to the evil atrocities surrounding my sheltered front doorstep, to the one I glorify in making eye contact in her final moments. Yes! Go Mighty Mick!

So...I feel called now...to bear the cross of the missing, and their families. Someone once told me (SteveP, you know who you are!) "You are one of us, now" :what: It is hard. It drains the happiness of an ordinary day. I pray now to Ms. Mickey, to shine my light forward. And now I pray...for those I never thought of before.

There are seasoned pro's here, who post words we may find fault with...and I 'get' their emotionally charged words too.

Now, Jarabie...I know you didn't wanna hear all this! :blushing:

BBM...There is no "if" about it. He did it, he confessed and he plead guilty. There is tons of evidence to back this up in addition to the fact that he also confessed to killing Lisa Pate and has already been convicted of a brutal rape before.

So the question is not "if" he did it, a more valid question would be "who else has he done this to?".

You asked if shouldn't we be trying to help families of those who are missing and unaccounted for. Our speculation is part of our concern for other victims and their families. WS is all about people who are dedicated to getting justice for victims and find the perps and keeping the publicity and interest in these cases alive.

As for our anger and wishing we could do something to BSL.... You have to understand that so many of us at WS have been thru so many cases and seen so many people like BSL and are fed up with innocent people dying and families being devastated. Our anger towards BSL is part of our process in dealing with what he has done.

I think our anger and hostility towards him is a normal response, while acting on such impulse would not be. Notice that we are not acting on those impulses, instead we channel those feelings into dedication to getting justice, supporting families and keeping cases alive. Perhaps if BSL would have been able to channel his anger and react appropriately, he wouldn't be in prison right now and at least 2 women (Mickey and Lisa) would be alive today.

Please understand I am not trying to start a debate or to start a war of words with you. You are absolutely entitled to your opinions and I respect that completely. The great thing about WS is that we all have different opinions and experiences and we share those with each other and hopefully learn something or are prompted to consider something that we might not have thought of on our own.

Mod Note: Each time you repeat an ugly rumor, you breathe life into it. No matter how absurd it seems to us, there are some who will read it and consider that it might be true. They repeat it to their friends, and on and on and on. A year later, it's part of the story. That's terribly unfair to Mickey. So please, drop it now.

@ Someguy - "He has been telling his father that he is innocent and that the facts are all wrong.. "

No disrespect intended toward you, Someguy. I realize you are only relaying information, and we appreciate this info. When you say "his father", are you referring to the same adoptive father, Mr. Lavergne, mentioned in BSL's psych eval by Dr. Benoit where BSL claims he suffered chronic childhood physical abuse from adoptive father who suffered from paranoid schizophrenia? If so, I wonder what his adoptive father's response was to his claim of innocence and incorrect facts.

"After reading his diary, it appears that LWOP is a worse punishment than death would be in this case."
I beg to differ, Someguy, in this case a more horrific scenario would be to have faced what Mickey (in all of her innocence) did at his hands. Even worse than that would be to feel what her parents and family feel, knowing what happened to her, every single second of every single day for the rest of their lives. In MO the death penalty and LWOP pale in comparison to their punishment.

BBM...There is no "if" about it. He did it, he confessed and he plead guilty. There is tons of evidence to back this up in addition to the fact that he also confessed to killing Lisa Pate and has already been convicted of a brutal rape before.

So the question is not "if" he did it, a more valid question would be "who else has he done this to?".

You asked if shouldn't we be trying to help families of those who are missing and unaccounted for. Our speculation is part of our concern for other victims and their families. WS is all about people who are dedicated to getting justice for victims and find the perps and keeping the publicity and interest in these cases alive.

As for our anger and wishing we could do something to BSL.... You have to understand that so many of us at WS have been thru so many cases and seen so many people like BSL and are fed up with innocent people dying and families being devastated. Our anger towards BSL is part of our process in dealing with what he has done.

I think our anger and hostility towards him is a normal response, while acting on such impulse would not be. Notice that we are not acting on those impulses, instead we channel those feelings into dedication to getting justice, supporting families and keeping cases alive. Perhaps if BSL would have been able to channel his anger and react appropriately, he wouldn't be in prison right now and at least 2 women (Mickey and Lisa) would be alive today.

Please understand I am not trying to start a debate or to start a war of words with you. You are absolutely entitled to your opinions and I respect that completely. The great thing about WS is that we all have different opinions and experiences and we share those with each other and hopefully learn something or are prompted to consider something that we might not have thought of on our own.

:goodpost: The "Thanks" button was not enough!

Mod Note: Each time you repeat an ugly rumor, you breathe life into it. No matter how absurd it seems to us, there are some who will read it and consider that it might be true. They repeat it to their friends, and on and on and on. A year later, it's part of the story. That's terribly unfair to Mickey. So please, drop it now.

That is why IMO the records should be available to the public. Although they are weaved with some lies they are the facts of the case. I feel all of his interrogation records as well as his confessions should have been released. The few minutes that were released told a different story. This angered many and I understand why. Mickey DID NOT do anything wrong and she did not deserve what happened to her! BSL did and he deserves to be where he is. I know it is impossible to stop all of the rumors at least with the facts some of them may be stopped. Even the reporting of the facts have been conflicting because of individual interpretation.

As far as what should happen to BSL, I choose not to dance with the devil he WILL pay for what he has done God will handle him.

My prayers are with everyone who has suffered by the actions of BSL.

IF he did this? my bolds.
Not sure if I'm correct being a relative newbie here like yourself, but this is the place to speculate about violent crime as long as you don't discuss people who have not been named a suspect or a POI. BSL is not gone, and
people on this site are speculating the hell out of possible other victims
of his. If someone's body is recovered and returned to their families because
of even one of these postings, it makes all of this angst worthwhile IMO. It
almost sounds as if you think we are as bad as he is, or that people can't wish the worst to the Devil.

I took the IF in a non-literal sense, if that makes any sense... not that the original poster was questioning wether or not BSL did this.

That is why IMO the records should be available to the public. Although they are weaved with some lies they are the facts of the case. I feel all of his interrogation records as well as his confessions should have been released. The few minutes that were released told a different story. This angered many and I understand why. Mickey DID NOT do anything wrong and she did not deserve what happened to her! BSL did and he deserves to be where he is. I know it is impossible to stop all of the rumors at least with the facts some of them may be stopped. Even the reporting of the facts have been conflicting because of individual interpretation.

As far as what should happen to BSL, I choose not to dance with the devil he WILL pay for what he has done God will handle him.

Amen! I can't help but continue to think of his fiancé. Poor woman. To learn that the man she might marry was unfaithful, had a child on the way with another woman AND is a serial killer.

I know it doesn't in any way come close to what Mickeys family and friends are going through, but still, I can only imagine the psychological impact on the fiancé.

bbm

To be honest, as intriguing as I find it, I'm actually leaning towards this is why they shouldn't have released anything at all. All releasing EVERYTHING will do is lead to more needless speculation and rumors. At the end of the day, BSL confessed and is spending the rest of his days in prison and releasing anything serves no end other than giving more fodder for the gossip mills. I think it's time to allow Mickey to RIP.

For those that are upset about apparent lies by BSL, again, understand this was an earlier "statement" given by BSL. Perps don't just come in and confess to all like on TV. When they do confess, it is often a process. The key to that statement was not how everything went down but solidifying BSL's involvement in the first place. If LE would have pushed him for the truth about how things really happened during that interview, BSL would have likely shut up. Instead, LE played it perfectly IMO, giving BSL enough rope to hang himself. They allowed him to avoid culpability in his mind by saying it was an accident, but as soon as he confirmed his involvement, he was done. Let him rest on it and approach him later with a stronger position telling him he already cooked his goose by admitting to involvement and that that statement will be used against him if he doesn't come forth with more of what really happened. Having said that, BSL types will never own up 100% to their own culpability. They will always shift facts to shift some blame or give some justification for actions, no matter how absurd.

RIP Mickey Shunick.

If? He's already confessed and been convicted. I think it's human nature to be angry with someone that brutally murdered 2 women, and raped another. I haven't seen anyone wishing violence toward him other than wishing Mickey protected herself further and could have lived. And definitely haven't seen anyone said they wish they could do it themselves. And yes BSL is gone, and people are here on WS to help families those of the missing and unaccounted for. Thanks for the suggestion, but WS has that covered! We are just staying up to date on the case because it was so important to us. Not sure how you are getting all this about us, maybe you should read more posts. There are lots of caring people here and I haven't seen anything you're accusing people of.

Life is never like TV.
I do know that LE is definitely not without its fault- some minor and some major. Here in Lafayette, an ex Sheriff's deputy is serving a very long sentence for being a serial rapist. Lafayette PD itself is involved in several eye raising and concerning lawsuits. I never claimed they were perfect.

As for the rest- it was a general we that you took way too personally.

Personally, I do not care if Mickey was smoking marijuana or any other drug. By all accounts, Lisa Pate was part of the drug scene.. Doesn't matter to me. A victim is a victim.

I have a very hard time believing that a known violent sex offender was the victim here. Self defense?! That's almost laughable but there is nothing funny about this case. Too many people were hurt- in all 3 of the families- Mickey's, Lisa's, and Brandon's. Brandon Scott Lavergne confessed to the murder of Mickey Shunick. He acknowledged that the story told in court was true and he pled guilty. I have a hard time believing he would agree to TWO life sentences if it happened <modsnip>. I would let the state of Louisiana give me the needle any day before I pled to a crime I didn't commit. Any day.
We seek the truth here- and the truth is that Brandon Lavergne admitted to killing Mickey Shunick and Lisa Pate. The truth is that mace is no match to his knife and his gun- a gun that he broke the law to even have. The truth is he is exactly where he belongs- in Angola.

I doubt it will end the discussion, but BSL admitted,(it is his signature on the piece of paper and his words recorded forever), that he acted with a specific intent to kill Mickey or cause her great bodily harm. He did NOT admit to accidentally striking Mickey or causing her harm while defending himself. He specifically admitted he acted with one purpose in mind, to kill Mickey. He's a sick animal and deserves anything he's going through tonight in prison. I also highly doubt anyone that is defending him would be willing to take a long stroll through an empty cane field with him right now if he were allowed out of prison for 24 hours.

Since I have the statement pulled up, someone earlier on was expressing concern about how Mickey got into his vehicle. The actual language in the plea agreement says she was "enticed or persuaded to enter the Defendant's Z71, or was forced into the Defendant's Z71." So I don't think there is any worries about the language matching what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90