Brandon Scott Lavergne -- Post Conviction

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
He is like a fungus that won't go away.

"His latest endeavors are in federal civil court, with lawsuits filed against sheriff’s offices in Lafayette and Acadia parishes, his public defenders, the Lafayette Parish District Attorney’s Office, the Lafayette Police Department, his ex-wife, his sister, Dateline NBC, and others he contends wronged him over the years."

http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/201...aign=brandon-scott-lavergne-files-12-lawsuits

Here's more information from The Advocate:

LAFAYETTE — Brandon Lavergne, the convicted killer of two women, is filing a flurry of lawsuits from his solitary prison cell at Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola claiming he’s been wrongly portrayed as a “sick, twisted, murderer.”

This past week the man who is serving two life sentences after confessing to the killings filed 12 federal lawsuits against those he claims have wronged and persecuted him.

The targets of Lavergne’s hand-written lawsuits, which are peppered with misspellings, include the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s office, his ex-wife, Dateline NBC and a former prison cellmate.

http://theadvocate.com/home/6377789-125/lavergne-bemoans-portrayal-as-sick

What a horrible, dark disease he is. Now if I wanted to sue someone it would cost me so much that basically I wouldn't be able to. I hope this is using up all his money. Prisons better not be able to sue whoever they want for free. ???

And not sure you have a leg to stand on when you confess to murder and now sue others for saying you are a murderer. Idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a horrible, dark disease he is. Now if I wanted to sue someone it would cost me so much that basically I wouldn't be able to. I hope this is using up all his money. Prisons better not be able to sue whoever they want for free. ???

And not sure you have a leg to stand on when you confess to murder and now sue others for saying you are a murderer. Idiot.

I believe his ex wife is a victim of his, is she not? Or does she not meet the "legal" definition of victim because he was never convicted of his crimes against her? I'm asking because I can't imagine that he would be allowed by law to file a lawsuit against his victims??

Here's more information from The Advocate:

LAFAYETTE — Brandon Lavergne, the convicted killer of two women, is filing a flurry of lawsuits from his solitary prison cell at Louisiana State Penitentiary at Angola claiming he’s been wrongly portrayed as a “sick, twisted, murderer.”

This past week the man who is serving two life sentences after confessing to the killings filed 12 federal lawsuits against those he claims have wronged and persecuted him.

The targets of Lavergne’s hand-written lawsuits, which are peppered with misspellings, include the Lafayette Parish Sheriff’s office, his ex-wife, Dateline NBC and a former prison cellmate.

http://theadvocate.com/home/6377789-125/lavergne-bemoans-portrayal-as-sick

Actually, what bothers me more than BSL filing the lawsuits is the media dutifully reporting the full names of the "defendents"--some of whom are his victims!

Seems to me a different kind of violation. :steamed: IMO

The media thoroughly sickens me more and more with every case. Anything for that next story no matter who they hurt in the process. The fact that they are even giving BSL the time of day is disgusting. Does his ridiculous antics need publicity? Absolutely not.

And GulfCoastKT I totally agree. His wife is a victim. But burglars get to sue their victims if injured on their property so why the heck not. Your abuser/rapist I guess can sue you too. Shame.

He is like a fungus that won't go away.

"His latest endeavors are in federal civil court, with lawsuits filed against sheriff’s offices in Lafayette and Acadia parishes, his public defenders, the Lafayette Parish District Attorney’s Office, the Lafayette Police Department, his ex-wife, his sister, Dateline NBC, and others he contends wronged him over the years."

http://www.bustedinacadiana.com/201...aign=brandon-scott-lavergne-files-12-lawsuits

These ridiculous lawsuits will get thrown out, dismissed, etc just like his attempts to get a new trial or whatever a while ago. He is a joke. He is pathetic.

All he's doing is reminding the public how pathetic he is and that this absolute loser snuffed out the life of a young woman who had heck of a lot more to offer to society than he ever did.

Is he in general population yet? He should be. The other prisoners will remind him of just what a whiny-baby joke he is.

Actually, what bothers me more than BSL filing the lawsuits is the media dutifully reporting the full names of the "defendents"--some of whom are his victims!

Seems to me a different kind of violation. :steamed: IMO

If we feel the frustration, unfairness...I can only imagine the 'defendants' pain and anger for their names published now. The world to see...when, no doubt, they've been attempting to live quiet, private lives.

Solitary confinement in Angola appears to allow BSL a lotta thinking, then writing. He must be tortured in the head. Good.

Mickeys mom just posted about BSL lawsuits. It appears it does bother them. She said he needs to stop calling them by their first names and should refer to them as Mr and Mrs or "the parents of the girl I slaughtered". I never thought about that but that is correct that anyone you are not close with you usually call them by Mr and Mrs and their last name. How entitled it makes him seem to call them by their first names. And what an idiot.

https://www.facebook.com/datelinenbc?hc_location=stream

Mickey Shunick featured
Dateline NBC
Tonight at 8/7c, a special #Dateline classic.

Dateline NBC
Award-winning newsmagazine with a focus on mysteries, investigative reporting, and social justice. Dateline NBC airs Wednesdays at 8/7c and Fridays at 8/7c.

Comment from 06/26/2013...
Doubt, Dateline's timing of the airing of the Mighty Mick's courageous sacrifice and fight to end BSL's evil trail of terror was coincidental...

'A Salute to the Mighty Mick and her family for using the awareness created & their 42,000 total FB followers; both individuals and missing persons organizations, in
helping other families bring home their loved ones'..

https://www.facebook.com/groups/360477814006959/524884834232922/?notif_t=like

FIND MICKEY SHUNICK NOW! SEARCH RESOURCES 6,000 Facebook Friends

FIND MICKEY SHUNICK NOW-
https://www.facebook.com/findmickeynow

We are using this page as a way to honor Mickey and to help other families bring home their loved ones. We try to keep the cases on here recent and local, please do not hesitate to privately message us with information of a missing person from ANYWHERE. We couldn't do this without the love and suppo...
Page: 35,895 like this

He named his sister for mental anguish?! I'm reluctant to mention it at all out of respect for her privacy, but OMG. What about her mental anguish? And his ex-wife's pain and mental anguish? I'm surprised he didn't include his first (known) victim.

“His false statements made law enforcement officials and the district attorney believe I was a sick, twisted, murderer who had raped, torture and killed Lisa Pate.”

No, Lavergne. You showed the world that you're sick and twisted by your actions.

He named his sister for mental anguish?! I'm reluctant to mention it at all out of respect for her privacy, but OMG. What about her mental anguish? And his ex-wife's pain and mental anguish? I'm surprised he didn't include his first (known) victim.

No, Lavergne. You showed the world that you're sick and twisted by your actions.

Exactly!!! The worst part is I doubt he actually believes anything will come out of these. He's counting on more publicity.

Someone up thread asked an excellent question- who pays the civil court filing fees for a prisoner? In February of this year I filed a civil suit and the filing fee was $350.

bsl is now filing a lawsuit against The Advocate article written about all of his previous absurd lawsuits!

http://theadvocate.com/home/6435691-125/brandon-scott-lavergne-sues-the

I especially like comment #1 - :floorlaugh:

I suspect we can hang-up any thoughts that he may come clean about any other cases. Some of us are wondering if there may have been additional evidence in his house that burned down a year prior to the fate of Mickey .... that thought kind of haunts me.

We know he brought Mickey to his MH and We all learned how he tried to destroy evidence by burning his white truck; are we learning of a possible pattern here? :scared:

I know that criminal defendants are offered assistance when they can't afford lawyers, experts and help on appeals if they quality. I certainly hope Louisiana and the federal government don't offer this kind of assistance. I don't know the filing fees there, but they are over $100 where I am and that would be well over $1,000 in filing fees alone for over a dozen lawsuits. I so hope he isn't being given assistance with the costs of these filings. I also think that this is a prime example of the type of judicial reform that is needed. Concerns shouldn't always be about capping damages, because usually large verdict awards involve cases where people have truly been disabled for life and are pretty rare. Personally, I'm sure there are flaws with it, but some sort of loser pays system needs to be put in place. In other words, make BSL post a bond that will cover the defendant's legal fees if he loses. That would prevent the BS lawsuits. Then, if he really thinks he has a legitimate injury and was legitimately due to someone else's actions, he would post the bond with no concern because he wouldn't lose and the other side would have to pay his fees. Until then, expect more BS lawsuits and motions. The guy sits in his cell thinking about how everyone has wronged him and he's a victim of society and the filings won't stop.

I still wonder what is under the foundation of his mobile home!

someone just put him down, seriously

but before that....rough him up a lot to get info on other missing, I feel like he is involved in other crimes, especially Ali

I remember waaaaaaay back when he was finally arrested for what he did to Mickey and his mobile home was searched and several IDs were found by LE, someone posted on WS as an insider that one of their lady friends IDs was found in BSLs possession and the first thing LE said to her was "thank god your alive".....so I'm wondering if they have IDs found that they can't locate the owners?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EllDee
Back