Brazil Nightclub Fire Kills At Least 90 People

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brazilian authorities have arrested three people with ties to the nightclub fire that killed at least 233 people yesterday. They are one of the club's co-owners, the chief of security and a member of the band Gurizada Fandangueira, which was performing when the fire broke out. Police are also apparently searching for Kiss nightclub's other owner as well.
---
More, with links - including a YouTube video of the band, up-
loaded last May, which shows sparks flying as the band performs:

Gawker: Three Arrested in Connection with Brazil Nightclub Fire

so sad!

in cases like this: who's most "responsible" for the deaths?

the band for their idiocy?
the club for lack of emergency exits/allowing the pyrotechnics?
the gov't for not ensuring there were enough exits?

Not the band, and not the gov't.

This is all on the club imo. If there is only one exit in a building, there shouldn't be a club or any other business located there to begin with. I'm fine with pyrotechnics being allowed, but the club owners must have/should have known that the ceiling was made of flammable material, and should have told them no because of that.

That was an issue with the Station Nightclub in RI. The ceiling had flammable material on it.

I am curious to know how many more people die due to their injuries. South America isn't the most medically advanced continent out there...

'It was terrible inside — it was like one of those films of the Holocaust, bodies piled on top of one another,' a police inspector said.'

'The chaos and confusion outside of the fatal nightclub fire in Brazil was captured in videos later posted online — haunting scenes that come as the first funerals for victims were held Monday and police arrested three men linked to the shocking tragedy.'

'The venue lacked an up-to-date fire safety license, a fire official told the Evening Standard. This license expired in August and was not renewed,” said Lt. Col. Moisés Silva Fuchs.'

'Guitarist Rodrigo Martins told Radio Gaucha that the band started playing at 2:15 a.m. “and we had played around five songs when I looked up and noticed the roof was burning. It might have happened because of the Sputnik, the machine we use to create a luminous effect with sparks. It’s harmless, we never had any trouble with it,” he said. “When the fire started, a guard passed us a fire extinguisher, the singer tried to use it but it wasn’t working.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...zil-club-fire-article-1.1249451#ixzz2JMTdXef7

so sad!

in cases like this: who's most "responsible" for the deaths?

the band for their idiocy?
the club for lack of emergency exits/allowing the pyrotechnics?
the gov't for not ensuring there were enough exits?
My vote. Also no smoke detector(s), and blocking the exit fearing people were leaving without paying for drinks.

Murderers.

SANTA MARIA, Brazil (AP) — The lead police investigator into a nightclub fire that killed 234 people in southern Brazil says the music group playing at the time lit a flare designed for outdoor use that set the club's ceiling on fire.

Police inspector Marcelo Arigony said in a news conference Tuesday that "the flare was for outdoor use only and the people who lit them know that."

He said the investigation will take 20 days and then state prosecutors will determine whether to file charges in the early Sunday fire. Preliminary information had shown that the Kiss nightclub had no sprinklers and no emergency exits.
---
more here: http://bigstory.ap.org/article/focus-turns-brazil-club-safety-after-fire

i think they all are responsible. we had a similar fire in a night club in peru:

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...brazil-argentina-discoteque-clubbing-accident

my sister's BF lost her sister and her boyfriend. The club was unlicensed and being what my country is, i am sure they were paying bribes to get away with anything. two of those responsible fled to the USA.

sadly it seems that in third world countries money talks, i would love to see some kind of justice for all these young lives lost.

Owner of Brazilian nightclub where 235 people died in horrific fire tries to commit suicide in hospital

The owner of the Brazilian nightclub where 235 died in an horrific fire last weekend has tried to commit suicide in hospital, it has been reported.

Elissandro Spohr, 28, was under arrest following the tragic blaze at the Kiss nightclub in Santa Maria, in the south of the country.

He was being held in hospital in the nearby city of Cruz Alta, where he reportedly tried to take his own life but was stopped by officers.

Inspector Marcelo Arigony from the Civil Police in Santa Maria said: 'He is OK and has now been handcuffed to the bed to avoid further attempts.' Doctors said Spohr was suffering from severe depression which had left him 'emotionally compromised'.

Spohr has been the target of abuse and intense criticism from the friends and relatives of the victims, who are demanding answers over the fire and calling for tighter controls to be introduced.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...es-commit-suicide-hospital.html#ixzz2JYqlJinY

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back