Breaking News 8/28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
poco said:
Round and round he goes, where he stops, no one knows ---

I guess we could make up jokes - like what do meterologists and Boulder cops have in common ----- ????

Correction: LOL What do the meterologists and the Boulder DA's office and her investigators have in common???????

:dance:

LaMer said:
Correction: LOL What do the meterologists and the Boulder DA's office and her investigators have in common???????

:dance:

Had to take a crack at this opportunity.

Sometimes they raise a cloud of suspicion and it doesn't produce rain.

Buzzm1 said:
We should probably start a John Mark Karr in CA forum so we can move the discussion off of the JonBenet forum.

Good idea Buzz, if you think he is worth a thread. To me heis just an audacious pervert that has deceived the government. Elle Sicko! Makes you wonder how many more like him that are out there.

I hate to see the guy have any advantage. He is not only sick with an incurable disease, but he is dishonest to boot!~

Between him and Scott Dylenski, it makes you wonder what is happening in today's world :eek:

Scandi

scandi said:
Good idea Buzz, if you think he is worth a thread. To me heis just an audacious pervert that has deceived the government. Elle Sicko! Makes you wonder how many more like him that are out there.

I hate to see the guy have any advantage. He is not only sick with an incurable disease, but he is dishonest to boot!~

Between him and Scott Dylenski, it makes you wonder what is happening in today's world :eek:

Scandi
This forum is getting a little crazy with the RDi's renewing their hatred of the Ramseys. I was looking for some peace and quiet.

Hi Buzz, I've been gone most of the afternoon and evening, so haven't read all of that. I noticed we got threads up the ying yang today though. ;)

Boy Buzz, you hit the nail on the head, you sweetheart. From now on, even though I think for myself, I will always read your opinion to weigh against my thoughts. Because you will most probably be correctomundo!

Thanks for all you dedication to the JB forum with its recent resurgance of activity. I think it shoud settle down real soon. This perp was literally thrown in DA Mary's face and she ran with it without ther benefit of proper investigation. I actually don't think anything will ever happen like this again.

It is now a stone-cold case. Thank goodness JonBenet is in a better place.

Scandi

Professor recalls leading cops to Karr

DENVER - Michael Tracey says he could barely stand to listen as John Mark Karr described in graphic detail how he supposedly had sex with JonBenet Ramsey and then accidentally killed her.

"It was just horrible," the University of Colorado journalism professor told The Associated Press. "I cannot get the image out of my head."

Investigators say e-mail correspondence and phone calls between Karr and Tracey over four years — and specifically in the past several months — are what prompted them to bring Karr to Boulder from Thailand and jail him on a murder warrant.

The case went out the window Monday after DNA tests ruled out Karr as a suspect in the 1996 slaying.

Tracey, who has produced three documentaries on the Ramsey case, said Karr's claims simply could not be ignored.

"It was a situation where you didn't quite know, but you had to err in that direction" of taking Karr seriously, said Tracey, who added that Karr first contacted him about four years ago because of the documentaries.

"Was I certain? No, I couldn't claim to be certain," he said. But as a father, Tracey said, he felt he had an obligation to alert authorities.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060829/ap_on_re_us/jonbenet_ramsey_professor_2

DA takes lumps from guv, lawyers
Criticism unfair, says ex-prosecutor Early

August 29, 2006
Just days ago, Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacy was giving an Academy Award-style press conference, thanking one police officer after another for their help in arresting John Mark Karr.

Among those watching in disbelief that morning was Denver criminal defense attorney David Lane. "She looked ridiculous thanking every law enforcement officer on the planet before she had nailed the DNA," Lane said. "And she is now scrambling madly to save her career."

Long before tests showed Karr's DNA wasn't found in the evidence collected at the JonBenet Ramsey slaying scene, Mary Lacy was intensely second-guessed.

But with the news Monday that charges were being dropped, the armchair quarterbacking mounted, including Gov. Bill Owens' statement that "Mary Lacy should be held accountable for the most extravagant and expensive DNA test in Colorado history."

Former Denver District Attorney Norm Early said he doesn't believe the blistering is fair.

"I think about what would have happened if one of those kids in Thailand had been sexually assaulted and nothing had been done to remove him," Early said.

"I think they proceeded with an abundance of caution, assuming he might well be the right guy until they were able to determine that he wasn't."

Criminal defense attorney Harvey Steinberg agreed in part.

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4953150,00.html

DNA doesn't back up Karr's claims
Colorado governor rips prosecutors after case falls through

(08-29) 04:00 PDT Boulder, Colo. -- The case against John Mark Karr in the 1996 killing of 6-year-old JonBenet Ramsey collapsed on Monday when DNA tests contradicted Karr's claims that he was involved in her death.

The announcement by the Boulder district attorney, Mary Lacy, incited a storm of questions about why Karr had been believed in his admissions, and how he could have led prosecutors into what became an elaborate global farce. Hordes of reporters had tracked Karr's journey, from his apprehension in Thailand nearly two weeks ago to his return to the United States.

In a motion asking a judge to dismiss the arrest warrant, Lacy wrote that Karr's obsession with the case and its details, combined with his own statement of guilt, had compelled her to act first and test later. But in the end, she said, his words were all there was.

"No evidence has developed, other than his own repeated admissions, to place Mr. Karr at the scene of the crime," she wrote. "Mr. Karr was not the source of the DNA found in the underwear of JonBenet Ramsey."

The resulting anger, in a case that has produced numerous investigative blunders over the years, was immediate. "They took this man and dragged him here from Bangkok, Thailand, with no forensic evidence confirming the allegations against him and no independent factors leading to a presumption that he did anything wrong," Karr's lawyer, Seth Temin, said outside the Boulder County Jail, where Karr was still being held on Monday. "We're deeply distressed."

Colorado Gov. Bill Owens blasted prosecutors for wasting thousands of taxpayer dollars to bring Karr to Colorado given such a lack of evidence. The district attorney "should be held accountable for the most extravagant and expensive DNA test in Colorado history," he said.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2006/08/29/MNGEEKR0J41.DTL&feed=rss.news

poco said:
Well, I guess that's it for me for now for awhile for WS - with JK out of the picture and Ernesto out of my way, I don't have anything much else to talk about.

See ya again, I guess, when.....

- they find the person who really killed Nichole Simpson
- or Lacy Peterson
- or JonBenet

or -
!

Well said Poco........you made me laugh!

xxxxxxxxooooooo
mama

close_enough said:
can't say i'd blame them...
Then perhaps his family should spend some time reading his sick twisted e-mails

Linda7NJ said:
Then perhaps his family should spend some time reading his sick twisted e-mails

perhaps!

but the fact remains that the Boulder DA arrested Karr without any investigation whatsoever, other than some emails, which from what i've read, doesn't show Karr knew anymore about this case, than most here at WS...

close_enough said:
perhaps!

but the fact remains that the Boulder DA arrested Karr without any investigation whatsoever, other than some emails, which from what i've read, doesn't show Karr knew anymore about this case, than most here at WS...
Sorry, but 4 years worth..........the correspondence was revolting and alarming. I am glad she brought him in.

How can the family file for false arrest...the guy confessed, and they didn't seem to worried about his where abouts for the last several years. That's crap!

Linda7NJ said:
Sorry, but 4 years worth..........the correspondence was revolting and alarming. I am glad she brought him in.

4 yrs worth of Tracey's 'investigating'...yeah, now Karr can be 'watched', put on some kind of list for child predators...oh wait, he's never been charged/convicted for molesting children, yet...he's a whack-job that's obsessed with having sex with little dead girls, & venting all of this online...sick & twisted, YES!!, but that alone, didn't make him a murder suspect, imo.....the LEAST they could have done was place Karr in Boulder at xmas 96, prior to arresting him..heck, they asked his family AFTER they arrested him..4 yrs of 'investigating'???...they went after a comment in his emails to Tracey, that 'alerted' them in May...they had 3 months to find out where JMK was, during xmas 96...

2luvmy said:
How can the family file for false arrest...the guy confessed, and they didn't seem to worried about his where abouts for the last several years. That's crap!

unless Karr 'confessed' in private w/LE, what he said to the media wasn't a confession...

IMO, it doesn't matter if Karr's family hadn't kept up w/his whereabouts in the last several years...they have a 'bad apple' in the bunch, like a lot of families...it's been said that Karr was a loner...i would think that his family KNOWS he's a freak..of course they probably didn't know to this extent...one thing's for sure, Karr's family & even ex-wives who despised him, kept insisting he wasn't in Boulder at xmas 96....they hadn't even been asked the question by LE, until after he was arrested....

MICHAEL TRACEY IS A FRUAD AND WAS OUT FOR PUBLICITY FOR HIS BOOK AND DOCUMENTARY'S.

According to a reliable source Boulder DA sent investigators to Thailand without a DNA TESTING KIT. Duh, huh, er, whatsupwiththat?

He was in the mood in Thailand to give a SAMPLE. OOPS.

IF IF he was in Thailand he was NO threat to Boulder at that moment in time.

Poco, donut leave!

[size=+3]Hmmm, just what would a REAL investigator take to investigate a pedophile, potential murderer, who is already in the clutches of Thailand PD?

Hankies, toothpaste, jammy's, HOW TO INVESTIGATE booklet oops forgot to put that on the list (donut have a booklet on that in Boulder), airplane tickets, underwear (how many pair ?), toothpicks, gum, flossing thread, dark glasses, briefcase, cell/camera phone (to communicate with home base DA Lacy, and take local pics of Thailand), fingerpring kit (nope only an expert can do those, will do fingerprings -Henry Lee comment - when they get back to home base and DA Lacy), breath freshener, Enquirer, (more case info in there than Mary has).[/size]

Did I leave something off the packing list?

Lacy making fool of herself--she says everybody on earth believes Karr believes he killed JBR

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee
Back