Breaking News Archive - 20th - 26th Aug

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just heard on CTV that the DA's office has requested the santa bear from the Ramsey's. It was in storage and it was handed over to the DA's office today. I think there is still a question a to where that bear came from.

Anita Richman said:
You have just now justified my "pack rat syndrome". I am telling Mr. Richman that I keep EVERYTHING on the off chance that he'll do something newsworthy someday and I can sell his lovenotes to for big money. :lol: (Do you think he'll buy it?)
You can keep the five best Anita, and get rid of the rest. This type of occurence is one of those very rare occasions where being a pack rat would pay off very large

MrsMush99 said:
I just heard on CTV that the DA's office has requested the santa bear from the Ramsey's. It was in storage and it was handed over to the DA's office today. I think there is still a question a to where that bear came from.
Perhaps they want to check it for Karr's DNA Mushy, and mostly check it against the old picture that JMK allegedly sent Tracey showing a young boy, and a bear allegedly just like that.

Oh, I just had that feeling so strongly as it was older and a bit tattered. They would never hand something out like that as a prize at a beauty pageant.

I know why they want it. #1 to maybe test it for DNA, #2 to have a picture of it blown up and forensicly tested against the photo sent by email to the professor. They do things like that all the time on Miami CSI.

They must think Karr had talked to JB before that night, told her
Santa was going to bring her a special gift after Christmas and it was the bear that he gave her after he walked in her room that night. She already knew him and expected a present to be delivered, so she wasn't alarmed at all.

If that bear has his DNA on it, they won't even have to prove he was in Co. And skin flakes would stick to that bear like crazy if he had owned it all those years, right? This had to be what was in the email message that was so outlandishly telling that it had to be turned over to LE.

Scandi

panthera said:
No I haven't heard anything about that "little detail"!! At some point he is supposed to have said he was at the Ramsey house for their Christmas party. But, other than that, no one coming forward seeing him at a beauty pageant, etc.
:D
But is not it strange that no one from the party can say he was there?

NIX Buzz! ;) I swear sometimes we have known each other in another life. LOL

Scandi

Hi Panthera, I know I originally read it was an open house they had when he said he was there and sat on the steps talking to her. If I could remember when we first heard this story which I think was in a link form, I'd go get it. And I think it was about 3 days before the 26th.

Scandi

JDB said:
But is not it strange that no one from the party can say he was there?
Yes it is. Unless he dressed "differently" ~ maybe as Mrs. Claus?

Buzzm1 said:
You can keep the five best Anita, and get rid of the rest. This type of occurence is one of those very rare occasions where being a pack rat would pay off very large
OMG...do you have "Flylady.com" as your home page, too? (That's exactly what she would instruct me to do!)

scandi said:
Hi Panthera, I know I originally read it was an open house they had when he said he was there and sat on the steps talking to her. If I could remember when we first heard this story which I think was in a link form, I'd go get it. And I think it was about 3 days before the 26th.

Scandi
I'll see if I can find the print article. So much of my information has been from hearing and watching news!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
panthera said:
Yes it is. Unless he dressed "differently" ~ maybe as Mrs. Claus?
OH.MY.GAWD! You people are on a roll today. (However, I can totally "see it". Those man-*advertiser censored* are VERY "Mrs. Claus", imo.)

Buzzm1 said:
Perhaps they want to check it for Karr's DNA Mushy, and mostly check it against the old picture that JMK allegedly sent Tracey showing a young boy, and a bear allegedly just like that.
Buzz that bear unless it has DNA will not prove anything. How many wore sold back then. Also if it has been in storage the DNA will be tainted . Plus it should have been checked years ago.

MrsMush99 said:
I asked that question the other day under "Questions and Answers" and was told it was from a pagent. I said my husband heard on a local radio talk show that the Ramsey family did not recognize that bear, it was an older bear. While looking through photos of JMK, police or someone found one of him around age 12 with that same bear in the picture. Has anyone else heard this, could it be true?

JDB said:
Buzz that bear unless it has DNA will not prove anything. How many wore sold back then. Also if it has been in storage the DNA will be tainted . Plus it should have been checked years ago.
JDB, if it's the same bear, it would give me pause! (That would be quite a coincidence, don't you think?)

scandi said:

Scandi
Scandi It was on the 23rd for the open house. And the neighbors were the ones playing Mr and Mrs Claus that night. No mention of two of them being there.

scandi said:
Oh, I just had that feeling so strongly as it was older and a bit tattered. They would never hand something out like that as a prize at a beauty pageant.

I know why they want it. #1 to maybe test it for DNA, #2 to have a picture of it blown up and forensicly tested against the photo sent by email to the professor. They do things like that all the time on Miami CSI.

They must think Karr had talked to JB before that night, told her
Santa was going to bring her a special gift after Christmas and it was the bear that he gave her after he walked in her room that night. She already knew him and expected a present to be delivered, so she wasn't alarmed at all.

If that bear has his DNA on it, they won't even have to prove he was in Co. And skin flakes would stick to that bear like crazy if he had owned it all those years, right? This had to be what was in the email message that was so outlandishly telling that it had to be turned over to LE.

Scandi
IMO, the bear on the bed was white and JMK's bear would have to be at least 25 years old, wouldn't you think? Would it still look that good? We do know that he sent Tracey a photo of a child with a bear, but who was the child? Is there any proof it was JMK?

Good point about the bear's probable age if it's JMK's, and it's likely condition. Maybe one of JM Karr's sons had the bear and the photo is of one of his boys.

I don't know Lighthouselover, but it was when I read the bear was a bit tattered, and then in another post read it was an older bear they found in her room I just started thinking that maybe he gave this to her in person.

I haven't even seen a picture of the bear yet! LOL

Thanks JDB about the open house info. It was held at the Ramseys right, but John and Patsy weren't there.

Scandi

Anita Richman said:
JDB, if it's the same bear, it would give me pause! (That would be quite a coincidence, don't you think?)
I agree. But I still think this is not the guy. I have a gut feeling he was obsessed with JBR after her murder. The same way he was with Polly Klass. I hope I am wrong because JBR case needs to be closed.

Buzzm1 said:
My question is this Buzz. WHY isn't in EVIDENCE already!!! I mean for goodness sakes it's been 10 YEARS and in storage. They need to get their heads out of their BUTTS and focus on finding the killer of this angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnelson