Breaking news in the LISK case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If someone wants to advocate, do it for the children and others forced into prostituion. Not the johns. They are not the victims.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about my comment about the police placing the sting ads that resulted in the arrests of those 104 people. I guess I thought that because you referred to the 104 people in your post; again,(and in the real world), this is in my opinion no way for law enforcement to be conducted. It's like leaving the door swung wide open at the department store, putting up a sign that says "No employees today but come on in and look around, just don't steal anything", and then arresting everyone who does. Leave money around, create a thief. So I'm talking about the ethics of stings, not about how bad prostitution is, not whether the johns are bad people.

If they did not end up in cuffs they may have ended up in a room with someone forced into prostitution. My concerns are not misplaced. Its about supply and demand . There should be stings all over the country on a wide scale nonstop. If this is not done there will be more victims. Victims verses johns. Side with the victims.

Nassau County DA Kathleen Rice has a history of very controversial actions. This just being the latest in a long list.

* arresting 5 gun store owners on trumped up charges. All 5 later had charges dropped. In one case it is believed that the store owner was arrested because he refused to perform an illegal conversion on a rifle he sold to a Nassau County Police officer. Basically the officer tried to bait him into committing a felony ... and then they arrested him when he refused.

* The Hofstra rape scandal that wasent.

I am sure our friend Pete can add more.

i would imagine that these johns in nassau county
were arrested in clusters.

so....maybe the cases will be heard in (up to) FIVE different court houses? let's see what the judge says. I trust Newsday will be covering the cases... maybe even news 12.

“The brutal sex trafficking industry, which preys on and victimizes New York City’s most vulnerable women, men and children, is fueled by prostitution patronizers, who believe that they can buy the bodies of people in prostitution with impunity,” said Dorchen Leidholdt, director of the Sanctuary for Families’ Center for Battered Women’s Legal Services. “Attacking the demand for prostitution is the best way to prevent and curtail trafficking in our city.”

quote taken from.... article found at..... http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...ive-bust-week-article-1.1365548#ixzz2VUYmKQPO

This ranks up there with the most ridiculous things ever stated. While i completely agree that 'trafficking" anyone against there will for sex for profit purposes should be a capital crime, that's not what these stings are about. These guys didn't walk into a room and see a helpless person who was going to be forced against their will to perform some hideous act while they negotiated with a man with a gun or whip used to keep the hooker in line. Whether the ad said afternoon delight, spend time with me or anything else, these guys were lured into thinking they could exchange a few bucks for the type of intimacy with a women that's on a mans mind all day long from about 10 until they're dead. As soon as they mention a dollar amount, they're soliciting a hooker. There's a reason it's the oldest profession. Not every guy has the social skills or time or whatever else it takes to get his needs in that area fulfilled. From the dawn of time enterprising ladies have seen that and offered a mutually beneficial solution. Busting these guys and putting their names and faces out there for all to see will never do one damn thing towards stopping the type of trafficking mentioned in the quote. It's a smear of guilty until proven innocent. And guilty of what, being a male and having a male's desires and needs?

And guilty of what, being a male and having a male's desires and needs?

Although I agree with you about the stings being uncalled for, I want to draw a distinction. Prostitution is illegal, and therefore the cops are well within their rights to bust prostitutes, pimps, and johns - all three parties are engaging in an illegal act. So if the police want to catch the parties in the act and bust everyone involved, that's fine with me. I'm just opposed to the police fabricating a criminal situation and then arresting anyone who walks into it; for me, the ethics of that are askew.

This ranks up there with the most ridiculous things ever stated. While i completely agree that 'trafficking" anyone against there will for sex for profit purposes should be a capital crime, that's not what these stings are about. These guys didn't walk into a room and see a helpless person who was going to be forced against their will to perform some hideous act while they negotiated with a man with a gun or whip used to keep the hooker in line. Whether the ad said afternoon delight, spend time with me or anything else, these guys were lured into thinking they could exchange a few bucks for the type of intimacy with a women that's on a mans mind all day long from about 10 until they're dead. As soon as they mention a dollar amount, they're soliciting a hooker. There's a reason it's the oldest profession. Not every guy has the social skills or time or whatever else it takes to get his needs in that area fulfilled. From the dawn of time enterprising ladies have seen that and offered a mutually beneficial solution. Busting these guys and putting their names and faces out there for all to see will never do one damn thing towards stopping the type of trafficking mentioned in the quote. It's a smear of guilty until proven innocent. And guilty of what, being a male and having a male's desires and needs?

well.....it is Dorchen Leidholdt's opinion. She is the director of the Sanctuary for Families’ Center for Battered Women’s Legal Services. Sanctuary for Families does a huge amount of work for domestic violence and sex trafficking. She's a leader in the field. She also happens to be on the Anti Human Trafficking Task Force for Westchester County. They put together several key Federal, State and local law enforcement and non-governmental agencies to battle this horrendous crime of sex trafficking. So, until you can state solutions better than a member of the Westchester Anti Trafficking Task Force, you'll have to do better than defending a man cuz his loins have a ache or an itch that only a prostitute can itch.

No one put a gun to these guys heads and made them make the call.

It's illegal to solicit a prostitute and they must have not realized it when they called or forgot cuz they were never busted before.

Get used to it. The law is getting tougher by the end of the month.
I don't think you are completely aware of how HUGE this crime is. Violence against women and sex trafficking in children affects about 27 million a year. YES that is 27 MILLION a year.

NY State has a Coalition against Trafficking Task Force....

I don't know much about LONG ISLAND, but I do know about Westchester's Task Force and have met not only the members, but also assemblymen and women and key senate members. I'm proud to say - I am one of the people who plan on attacking those who traffick women and children and they can see the rest of their life in prison as far as I'm concerned.

Would you like to give any ideas to the anti-trafficking task force on how to reduce human trafficking, sex trafficking and violence against women MCME? I'll be happy to relay your message.

here is an overview of the Westchester Anti Trafficking Task Force....Task Force brought together representatives from key Federal, State, and local agencies for the first time to work in a concerted effort to develop a coordinated community response to combat human trafficking in Westchester County”. The agencies include: the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI); U.S. Department of Homeland Security’s Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE); The United States Attorney’s Office, Southern District; the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance/Bureau of Refugee & Immigrant Assistance; the New York State Department of Labor; the Westchester County District Attorney’s Office; the Westchester County Office for Women, the Westchester County Family Justice Center; the Westchester County Association of Police Chiefs; the Westchester County Division of Child Welfare; The International Organization for Adolescents (IOFA); My Sisters’ Place; and representatives from the following Westchester County Police Departments: New Rochelle, Mt. Kisco, Mt. Vernon, Peekskill, Port Chester, Pound Ridge, White Plains, Yonkers and Yorktown. In the future, the Task Force will also include key community service providers who can provide an array of support services to all victims of labor or sex trafficking.

TKaM, likening what these guys were busted for to sex trafficking and violence against women etc., and imagining that this type of sting operation is helping even a tiny bit, is equal to walking around deaf, dumb and blind and insisting that because you're moving you're also getting somewhere.

And it's not an ache or itch in someones loins, it's an innate drive that keeps the planet populated with our kind.

And it's not an ache or itch in someones loins, it's an innate drive that keeps the planet populated with our kind.

Johns are not responsible for populating the planet. They are responsible for being on the supply and demand end. How many johns have you heard about calling 911 and reporting who they believe are victims of the sex trade? None.

I don't think a lot of ppl realize that

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Guess I don't really care if a guy wants to buy sex. I just think it should be at a brothel where the women can be safe. And screened to make sure they are willing and want to do what they are doing. And of course above age. I mean really each their own.
The problem is that johns such as the LISK do lurk for the girls who are not protected.
Now as for this list of 104 Johns busted. I could care less who they are, I just hope that maybe the LISK is one of them and something in his belonging or something may reveal that. I doubt it...but hey you never know.

Don't see the the difference between these stings, drug stings, shoplifting stings or any other type of surveillance. The outrage over these stings is over the top, IMO. Prostitution is illegal, throughout most of this country, for many reasons. People who buy, sell or promote the sale of sex, in areas where it is not legal, are breaking the law. It is as simple as that. And, if you break the law and are caught doing so, then your name may be made public...probably will be.

People will do what they want to do but personally I wouldn't date or marry a pimp, prostitute or a customer of either. JMO. Although I see both sides of the argument, I still have to believe that it is more about making the fast buck then it is about being comfortable with your body. In addition, IMO, it seems like a short cut. Some of the sex workers here say that it is not easy money but they have to admit that going to a trade school, a community college or getting a four year degree takes patience, determination and discipline and when you are done you are probably not going to make $5,000- $7,000 a week straight out the gate...if ever...

It's about taking shortcuts to making money fast and in most cases illegal money. IMO.

People will do what they want to do but personally I wouldn't date or marry a pimp, prostitute or a customer of either. JMO. Although I see both sides of the argument, I still have to believe that it is more about making the fast buck then it is about being comfortable with your body. In addition, IMO, it seems like a short cut. Some of the sex workers here say that it is not easy money but they have to admit that going to a trade school, a community college or getting a four year degree takes patience, determination and discipline and when you are done you are probably not going to make $5,000- $7,000 a week straight out the gate...if ever...

It's about taking shortcuts to making money fast and in most cases illegal money. IMO.

Point taken. Are you male or female, if I may ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Point taken. Are you male or female, if I may ask?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I likes to keep em guessing :D
I try very hard to be neither female or male brained with my logic. I guess it's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SuzyQuinn