Breaking news in the LISK case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm local, so just got push notification of this story via Newsday app. Non-subscribers can only access preview content, but I'm sure other sources will publish full-story.

image.jpg

Newsday: "NYPD detectives have identified a possible person of interest in the Gilgo Beach killings who was taken into custody Tuesday night in Westchester County, a police official said.

City detectives, acting along with New York State Police and Yonkers police, apprehended Lucius Crawford, 60, at a home in Mount Vernon on suspicion of two 19-year-old homicides in New York, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne Wednesday.

Upon entering the apartment on Beekman Avenue, police found the body of 41-year-old woman who had been stabbed to death, Browne said. Crawford's parole tracking ankle bracelet had been removed and was also found in the apartment, Browne added."

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/nypd-possible-person-of-interest-in-gilgo-beach-murders-1.4294842?p=908625

PB, guess you were RIGHT, maybe....?--except I think the timelines are off

Newsday hacks stories to pieces. I remember a friend of mine was in Newsday for somethign pretty bad. They were printing all kinds of untrue wacky stuff that I would not have known it was untrue unless I knew the person they wrote the artical about. Makes you think a little when you know the real story and the papers are all printing something else. Made me a little wary of trusting Newspapers. Especially now since the newspaper business is getting beat up so bad, adnt hey have to sensationalize everything to get business.

Thats why I am also glad I shortsold every newspaper outlet possible in 2001.

I am VERY disappointed. I thought for a SPLIT SECOND that they had caught the LISK! : ( I should add that I AM THRILLED they got this one! MAYBE THIS TIME THEY'LL THROW HIM UNDER THE PRISON! IMO he never should've been let out. SMDH one woman would still be alive.

I am VERY disappointed. I thought for a SPLIT SECOND that they had caught the LISK! : ( I should add that I AM THRILLED they got this one! MAYBE THIS TIME THEY'LL THROW HIM UNDER THE PRISON! IMO he never should've been let out. SMDH one woman would still be alive.

Me too UGH!!!:furious: :banghead: :furious:

Does anyone else here think the Singsing parole board should be locked in a room for 24 hours with Lucius and a set of steak knives???

If CPH was an ex-con who looked like Lucius the SCPD would have shot him after they found out he was lying about calling MG. Bang.

I'm thinking the possible connection was the woman and child found. Not the GB4.

I agree, LINative, Newsday continues to lose more and more credibility everyday, although I'm usually most frustrated with their lack of follow-up. initially, it was a huge relief to see that an arrest had been made FINALLY! Upon reading the article, it immediately seemed to be a far stretch as L.C. didn't seem to fit the FBI profile at all....am I right? Newsday seems to have been the only news source to have linked L.C. to Gilgo, and it appears they jumped the gun considering the subsequent story several hours later indicating "no apparent connection." I hope none of the victims' families got their hopes up due to Newsday.

A few years ago a woman namd MA was arrested for drug dealing. It was really a hoax contrived by Spota to make a splash he was doing something about the heroin trade that connected NYC to Suffolk. A HOAX.

Spota and his police criminals did so many outrageous things it should make the most supportive of LE vomit in disgust.

The woman calls Cablevision and is interviewed in her home. Cablevision owns Newsday. This woman spent at least a 1/2 hour on TV. What she said was sickening. NEWSDAY NEVER BOTHERED TO WRITE ABOUT THE INTERVIEW.

Newsday should write their stories on toilet paper for all they are worth.

Yea except that some of the G4 were killed while he was still in Prison.....

So how is he a POI exactly?

TS, why should such a trivial matter as the guy being in prison when the homicides occurred troulbe anyone looking for a patsy?

You may have read my postings on my son in law's case. Let me remind the readers once again what they did.

on 11/13/03 detectives brought the now Chief of Departments SCPD neighbors in to be debriefed. He would admit to an assortment of violent crimes. One of those crimes was the armed robbery of Strathmore Bagels on 7/25/00. He said my son in law. a SCPD cop acted as a lookout. That lie was allowed to stand until at least 7/2/04 or where the witness repeated those lies before a poor excuse for a judge with sworn testimony. The LIE never got to grand jury a couple months of so later because the BOZOS finally decided to check just where the SIL was on that day. Maybe he had an airtight alibi even after 5 years. He did because he was in Europe.

One other beaut was the DA said a certain individual was at the scene of anoother crime. Witness described in great detail what the other guy did; Oooops, that fellow was in a Virginia Jail. The idiots should have known this because they had a homicide detective give them a report on that. They just never read it. All the DA wanted to do was to put a murder case into the mix to inflame the jury.

MORALE OF THE STORY IS: How can you trust them for ANYTHING they say. This is what they have done since the day the SCPD was formed in 1960. Because they believe they can't investigate a case because they can get away with lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel