Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The blood, yes. The key, no as she has no access to that evidence.

I don't know what she has access to and doesn't. But that key was handled by EVERYONE without gloves during the trial, so it would be useless anyway IMO

I have a feeling that Zellner and Company may not need the physical evidence. It is quite possible that what they need is in all the reports already. Is it possible that the tests were run properly but the interpretation of those results were fabricated or fudged? I can't wait to see what Zellner files! LOL

The way Fassbender and Wiegert asked their questions of Dassey was absolutely because he was "intellectually challenged".... They used the Reid technique which will get you a confession on someone with a 76 IQ just about everytime. Guilty or not. And they 100% knew that.

YouTube "Reid technique, coerced confession" and you will see some examples. It is dirty policing.

Nancy Grace had Kratz on her show. Yuk

:yuck:

thanks for the warning LOL Did she have Brendan's lawyers on too? oh wait.... she wouldn't do that :rolleyes:

ETA: ok, I have just read comments about what he said on the show.... I will skip it. The guy is a douchecanoe and I can't believe that NG is giving the guy a platform to spew his misinformation. He said something about part of the confession that is on youtube is missing 40 minutes. Does the guy think that no one, INCLUDING THE JUDGE, saw and/or read the full video???? We have the transcripts of the confessions, I sure hope that the Judge would too .... SMH I'm angry at what I have just read, I don't want to see it :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

My boy is Autistic and he tells you what you want to hear. I remember asking him if he swallowed a toy. Scared the crap out of me called the doctor and everything. Was ready to take him to the ER. He even said his throat hurt. He was just saying what he thought I wanted him to say. A minute later I found the toy. Dasseys changing his story is the same. When it wasn't the right answer he came up with another because he sensed it wasn't the right answer because they kept asking it. If you have ever spent anytime with a special kid you know this. With a that said I don't know why BJ let them interview him without her. If that was my kid there would be no way I would have let them.

For the record...Marinette County would be 2 counties away not 1. Right down the street this week so if anyone wants me to stop and pick anything up..let me know. :)

Have said it before, if BD had have done the right thing all those years ago, he would already be out. Whatevers meant to be, will be. Feeling for Teresa's family having to go through it all again.

If he had done the right thing? Like what? Not fallen for LE tactics and been manipulated into falsely confessing with absolutely zero evidence to back it up.

If LE and the State had done the right thing, he would never have been arrested and would have been home this whole time.

I hope Teresa's family finds the truth and I hope they find peace with it.
JMO

This was such a horrible crime and I do not know how Teresa's family has managed to survive the pain of knowing how she died. Justice is never really complete as it does not make victims whole again but there has to be some level of comfort coming from conviction and sentencing of a guilty person.

I believe that when our justice system works it does all that is possible to ease the sadness and pain of victims and their families. When the system does not work, it benefits no one, and I cannot believe that any victim's family would feel any level of comfort from imprisonment of an innocent person. If my loved one were a crime victim I would feel even more unrest with such an outcome.

This was such a horrible crime and I do not know how Teresa's family has managed to survive the pain of knowing how she died. Justice is never really complete as it does not make victims whole again but there has to be some level of comfort coming from conviction and sentencing of a guilty person.

I believe that when our justice system works it does all that is possible to ease the sadness and pain of victims and their families. When the system does not work, it benefits no one, and I cannot believe that any victim's family would feel any level of comfort from imprisonment of an innocent person. If my loved one were a crime victim I would feel even more unrest with such an outcome.

I truly feel for the Halbach family, this has to be a never ending nightmare. I fear that if BD and SA are exonerated, no efforts will be made to find the real killer.

Has an Alford plea option been discussed? I dread that.

I absolutely agree with you! And you are right, usually we see the family somewhat protected, and it really does make me so angry that they gave the family Brendan's made up story.

I truly feel for the Halbach family, this has to be a never ending nightmare. I fear that if BD and SA are exonerated, no efforts will be made to find the real killer.

I hope it's not discussed. Without the "confession", they have nothing, absolutely nothing.

My boy is Autistic and he tells you what you want to hear. I remember asking him if he swallowed a toy. Scared the crap out of me called the doctor and everything. Was ready to take him to the ER. He even said his throat hurt. He was just saying what he thought I wanted him to say. A minute later I found the toy. Dasseys changing his story is the same. When it wasn't the right answer he came up with another because he sensed it wasn't the right answer because they kept asking it. If you have ever spent anytime with a special kid you know this. With a that said I don't know why BJ let them interview him without her. If that was my kid there would be no way I would have let them.

For the record...Marinette County would be 2 counties away not 1. Right down the street this week so if anyone wants me to stop and pick anything up..let me know. :)

My son is also autistic and he will do the exact same thing. I could get him to admit to anything in under five minutes if I felt like it. Getting the truth out of him is like pulling teeth because most of the time he's more interested in trying to tell me what he thinks I want him to say. It can get frustrating at times. As for BJ, I get the impression she is not exactly all that bright herself (not saying that to be disrespectful). I don't believe she even realized Brendan was intellectually disabled. She probably just told herself he needed to pay more attention at school and that he was just shy. She was very naive in her thinking that W & F were only wanting to speak to him because he may have been a witness to something. I don't think it would have helped Brendan to have her in there anyway. I mean, she would believe Avery did it one minute because someone told her that and then think Avery didn't do it because someone told her that.

what makes me feel angry is that the family didnt call "bluff" after they learned of the anvenue LE chose to get a confession out of BD.

what makes me feel angry is that the family didnt call "bluff" after they learned of the anvenue LE chose to get a confession out of BD.

In all fairness to the family.... I don't think they watched it (I think there was a clip of her brother in a press conference saying that). I can't say I blame them, I mean, we are all supposed to trust LE and they probably trusted that LE had evidence along with this "confession", why question them? and why put yourself through something that they believed described her rape, torture and eventual murder.

I know I have posted on here before that I do have a family member that was a victim of a gruesome serial killer. I was able to read everything I could .... but there is no way other family members that were close to her would and I wouldn't advise them too (it was bad, really bad) I would be furious with LE if I found out that what they believed happened, didn't happen. I know that some people think that it doesn't matter, but I do. I think that the nightmares and the thoughts of how a loved one was taken, and the manner in which they were taken, can make a difference. JMO

I am not sure if it has been discussed formally yet with the parties but it certainly will be. The state does not like to admit it was wrong, not just in this case but in most cases where even in the face of glaring evidence of error they stand their ground. If they have no evidence to retry (and they don't, apparently) they know Dassey will walk free. So IMO their reasoning will be that as long as he is going free they might as well try and save face by making it look like a technicality set him free rather than his innocence. With an Alford Plea he goes free and the state saves face and cannot be sued.

This case in particular is one where I feel, sadly, that he and his family will just accept that. I wish they could be stronger and demand justice for this young man who has been so wronged by the system but, in their place, I wonder how strong I could be after all that has gone down (not to mention what is yet to come).

The Halbachs know what happened and I find it insulting to them that people question their intellect and judgement. No one wants justice for Teresa more than they do. Its mind boggling to me that people feel they should actually watch the piece of garbage that is fraudently referred to as a documentary. Do they really need the painful reminder that their loved one is just a mere footnote in it? They were there. They sat through all the trials and know the brutal truth. Perhaps people should trust their judgement and support them instead of Teresa's callous murderers.

The Halbachs know what happened and I find it insulting to them that people question their intellect and judgement. No one wants justice for Teresa more than they do. Its mind boggling to me that people feel they should actually watch the piece of garbage that is fraudently referred to as a documentary. Do they really need the painful reminder that their loved one is just a mere footnote in it? They were there. They sat through all the trials and know the brutal truth. Perhaps people should trust their judgement and support them instead of Teresa's callous murderers.

I haven't seen anyone else describe TH as a footnote. Everyone, especially those who believe BD and/or SA to be innocent are furious at the justice system for one reason. Justice for TH. As long as innocent people are sitting in jail for her murder, there is no justice for TH.

Limaes ~ I think you misunderstood. I don't see anyone here saying they should watch MaM. For myself, when I replied to Wendy, I said they didn't watch it... I was meaning the confession tapes, in full, before the trial or during the trial. MH said he didn't watch it, it's in a news clip or something. I don't blame them, they took LE and Prosecutor's word for it, because, well, they shouldn't make stuff up and tell a grieving family a story. Why wouldn't they believe them?

Hi Dexter,
Cheers for the response. We disagree and that is a good thing as it is making us both think, :)

I'm not going to respond to your thoughts on LE being judgemental, as I reckon we are saying the same thing. (It is what they do.)

Do you buy the $36M Lawsuit stuff? Was every Police officer bought into that? I don't think so. The reason is because as a convicted felon, it would have been less. So here is something MAM let's people easily forget....... Avery was not jailed for a total of 18 years for a crime he did not commit. Six of those years were for the crime of threatening someone with a gun. The wrongful rape conviction was horrendous and he deserves our sympathy for that, but set that aside and he was going to be sent to prison anyway.

I question some of the evidence and the way it was presented in the docuseries, but not what I have learned from my own research. Forget Kratz and his views. The makers of MAM left a ton of stuff out of the series.

I'll say this though, yes, it is clear the Police did not do the finest job of building the case for the prosecution. I do not think there was any evidence planting, but if you start with respect for their positions as Law Enforcement Officers, then by means fair or foul, you would what them to get the real culprits.

A girl went missing and was last known to be at Avery Salvage. Someone there knows what happened. The police speak to all who lived there and discovered there were lies being told. It is a coincidence that there was a lawsuit going on. Convenient for all sides to use to their advantage. The evidence gathering looks hooky as the story took so long to come out after the initial lies.

MAM was a great watch though my friend. It had me screaming at the TV, but then the good lady pointed out I was not hearing the full story and my research during nights of insomnia began.

We disagree, and if we are honest, there are only two people who know the truth about what really happened. It's just that I do not believe either of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper