Brendan Dassey's Habeas Corpus Petition Granted

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
To elaborate a bit on that,

(Quote)
Blind spots arise, largely because of the way our brains work. We form beliefs, then build on them. Rarely do we completely revise them. Leaders, in particular, find it hard to accept ideas that aren’t in keeping with their own. They’ve risen to their leadership positions largely due to their ideas and beliefs. And leaders are expected to be constant and reliable. The barriers to self-reflection are significant.
http://www.co2partners.com/leadership-tip-do-you-know-you-have-a-blind-spot/

I think juries probably go with the most persuasive and seemingly confident people on the jury. As in life there are leaders and there are followers.

I'm not getting your point. The defense want's different people on a jury than the prosecution. JMO

Not another blog. I give up.

I also don't think most people who think SA & BD were set up base their opinion of that on reason & opinion but on what they have seen the evidence has proven, and it hasn't really proven much at all. Evidence can easily be manipulated if there is reason for someone to set someone up. It has actually happened before and is not unique to this case alone.

Evidence was definitely manipulated in this case! Over the months, as more and more documents were obtained and available, it just made all the evidence that much more confusing. Testimony didn't match statements.... lab reports are confusing.... the barrels, good grief, I still don't know how many were on the property and what came from where.... the fire pit, I thought for sure eventually there would be some sort of documentation, nope... and don't get BCA started on those cell towers and phone records!

I have a feeling that some of what might be in Zellner's brief may just be about the misinterpretation of some of the evidence. Bones, lab tests, cell towers. I think what we have available is just a drop in the bucket.

JMO

Factually incorrect. Only the March 1st confession was taken off the table.

Oh is that all? ONLY the March 1st COERCED confession??

Can you not see how that puts every other interaction with BD into question?

Can you not see how that puts every piece of so called evidence into question?

I really do believe(especially after this case) that not everyone has the ability to see corruption when it is staring them in the face. I guess that is why the corrupters get away with it for so long.

Avery was out of prison for 2 yrs. after the wrongful rape conviction before they charged him with TH's murder, with the cops in question probably hoping their set up would never be found out i would think. They probably thought as long as he was in prison he was right where they wanted him to be and all was good. He was crazy to go back to Manitowoc county IMO.
But it's okay we can agree to disagree, that's what a discussion/debate forum is all about. Just saying it the way i see it and we will see how this all plays out.

And then the same cop, the one who wasnt supposed to be there, IS THE ONE WHO FOUND THE KEY, after the room had already been searched multiple times ... LOL
its almost hilarious it is so obvious it was planted. But, nope, some folks arent interested in what logic tells them. They need some sort of "proof".

It truly is mind boggling.

I'm not getting your point. The defense want's different people on a jury than the prosecution. JMO

My point was just that people see what they want to see. As far as juries go depending on their decision they are not always unanimous with a verdict, so we get a hung jury in some cases. That's all.

I think that would depend on how people read and interpret what's there in evidence, and sometimes when people have their mind made up they only see what they want to see, all IMO. Maybe some kind of blind spot that filters things out in the brain, i really dunno what it is.
I think in other high profile cases i have followed this type of thing happens over and again, so nothing unusual.

"Blind spot" is a good term for it. But the term you are really looking for is "Cognitive Dissonance"

There is some of that in this case for sure. But what we seem to be getting a lot of in this case all over the internet are folks trying to spin a story on behalf of others who stand to lose a lot in this case. These "disinfo agents" dont really care what happened. They only care about what the public perception is. JMO

And then the same cop, the one who wasnt supposed to be there, IS THE ONE WHO FOUND THE KEY, after the room had already been searched multiple times ... LOL
its almost hilarious it is so obvious it was planted. But, nope, some folks arent interested in what logic tells them. They need some sort of "proof".

It truly is mind boggling.

Yes exactly. And miraculously he was all by himself when he found it with no one else to witness that. What are the odds eh? If their supposed evidence wasn't found straightaway, they did find it eventually. It certainly was a wonderful stroke of luck for them to all have that fall so perfectly into place for them. Genius, :rolleyes:

Yes exactly. And miraculously he was all by himself when he found it with no one else to witness that. What are the odds eh? If their supposed evidence wasn't found straightaway, they did find it eventually. It certainly was a wonderful stroke of luck for them to all have that fall so perfectly into place for them. Genius, :rolleyes:

I also believe the keys were planted. My question is, where do you think the investigators got the keys from initially?

I also believe the keys were planted. My question is, where do you think the investigators got the keys from initially?

Oh i thought it was only one key? Maybe TH had a spare key in her purse? Whoever placed the vehicle at the Avery lot probably got it from her purse in that case? And from the picture floating around on the internet she had a lanyard with a bunch of keys which i believe were never found, so maybe that key was a spare one on the lanyard that was taken, and who knows where the rest of them went?

I, and others, have posted the undisputable evidence many times. I have yet to see any type of evidence, in any shape or form, offered by those who feel evidence was planted.

Maybe I should rephrase....can you please tell me HOW TH was killed? In what manner? What weapon? What was the cause of death? Was she raped? What evidence is there of that? What evidence shows the manner in which she died? I'm not asking about planted evidence. I am asking YOU to back up your statement that the family knows how she died when I don't' think it has even been determined how she died. It's not that complicated of a question.

Oh is that all? ONLY the March 1st COERCED confession??

Can you not see how that puts every other interaction with BD into question?

Can you not see how that puts every piece of so called evidence into question?

I really do believe(especially after this case) that not everyone has the ability to see corruption when it is staring them in the face. I guess that is why the corrupters get away with it for so long.

Judge Duffin only ruled on the March 1st interrogation video because it was the only one introduced into evidence and ruled admissible during the trial. This didn't stop Judge Duffin from mentioning the February 27 interview though specifically in his ruling....

Not only did Dassey not have the benefit of an adult present to look out for his
interests, the investigators exploited the absence of such an adult by repeatedly
suggesting that they were looking out for his interests: “I wanna assure you that Mark
and I both are in your corner, we’re on your side …” (ECF No. 19-25 at 16), and “… I’m
your friend right now, but I … gotta believe in you and if I don’t believe in you, I can’t
go to bat for you.” (ECF No. 19-25 at 23.) In the interview just two days earlier, on
February 27, 2006, where Dassey was also unaccompanied by an adult, Fassbender went
even further:

I’ve got ... kids somewhat your age, I’m lookin’ at you and I see you in
him and I see him in you, I really do, and I know how that would hurt me
too. … Mark and I, yeah we’re cops, we’re investigators and stuff like that,
but I’m not right now. I’m a father that has a kid your age too. I wanna be
here for you. There’s nothing I’d like more than to come over and give you
a hug cuz I know you’re hurtin’.​

After BD's February 27th interviews, where he said things like TH was tied to the RAV4 seat and stabbed and that the knife was under the seat in the 'jeep', they did go back to the RAV4 and checked for any evidence of such story, which, of course, there was none.

On February 28th, they got the report about the gunshot wounds to the skull. Hence, the March 1st videotape.

Brendans' Habeas Corpus Petition
http://static1.squarespace.com/stat...be3cdaf4fc068/1453254760152/Writ+-+Dassey.pdf
Brendan's Habeas Corpus Decision
http://www.stevenaverycase.org/wp-c...8/Dassey-Habeas-Corpus-Decision-and-Order.pdf

The above is fact and can be found at the links provided.

This is JMO.... but if the State loses the appeal and wants to retry Brendan.... good luck with that! LOL

Oh i thought it was only one key? Maybe TH had a spare key in her purse? Whoever placed the vehicle at the Avery lot probably got it from her purse in that case? And from the picture floating around on the internet she had a lanyard with a bunch of keys which i believe were never found, so maybe that key was a spare one on the lanyard that was taken, and who knows where the rest of them went?

There was only 1 key found. Her other keys have never been found, or have never been mentioned if they were. She had a house key, a garage key, her studio key, a key to the school where she coached volleyball, and maybe others, but those are the one's I remember being mentioned specifically. NONE of these keys have been found.

The key that they found was on small detached part of the lanyard. The other part of the lanyard was found in the middle console of her RAV4.

If I had to guess..... that's where the key was found, and later planted JMO

There was only 1 key found. Her other keys have never been found, or have never been mentioned if they were. She had a house key, a garage key, her studio key, a key to the school where she coached volleyball, and maybe others, but those are the one's I remember being mentioned specifically. NONE of these keys have been found.

The key that they found was on small detached part of the lanyard. The other part of the lanyard was found in the middle console of her RAV4.

If I had to guess..... that's where the key was found, and later planted JMO

Thankyou for clarifying.

LE from the other county (Calumet) under oath, when asked why their officers didn't find the key in their earlier searches:
"Because it wasn't there"

I think juries probably go with the most persuasive and seemingly confident people on the jury. As in life there are leaders and there are followers.

No question about it, imo.

In many jury trials there are jurors who, when all is said and done, walk away silently questioning their own vote in the matter. Sometimes they speak up about this later, saying they regret their vote and wish they had stood up for what they believed. But most of the time, I would be willing to bet, they remain silent, not wanting to make waves or not wanting to admit they were weak.

It is very difficult for a passive personality to stand up to an aggressive personality. And in most group situations you are going to find both types, juries included.

I, and others, have posted the undisputable evidence many times. I have yet to see any type of evidence, in any shape or form, offered by those who feel evidence was planted.

1) Where's the proof SA lured her there?

2) Where's the proof she was tied up in her trailer?

3) Where's the proof she was raped?

4) Where's the proof she was stabbed/throat slashed?

1) Where's the proof SA lured her there?

2) Where's the proof she was tied up in her trailer?

3) Where's the proof she was raped?

4) Where's the proof she was stabbed/throat slashed?

I'd love to see the links posted, that answer these questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member