Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not focusing on the prior attack or attacks in the first place was a huge mistake, imo. Waiting on the DNA cost precious time they did not have. They should have gone back to those other attacks and had a head start with this detailed of a description done. It should have gone out to the public within a day or two of Brianna going missing instead of waiting this long.

this guy is pretty brazen, that we know. If he assaulted one victim and then goes back to her house to try to break in...that is almost unheard of. Rapists almost never go back to the same victim again. And he took a huge chance that nobody would wake up, or walk in on him, with all the comings and going in that house...but then look at the Lunsford and Smart cases, those guys were both very bold.

IMO, the dog was used to heavy foot traffic in that house...too many people with too many friends, there is most likely ALOT of DNA in that house

Love this one...I also asked about the age of the dog. Older more worn out dogs certainly do not have the energy to bark.

Yet I think you bring a great point to the table: It does sound like that house was like a mini-coop dorm. Seriously, who leaves their door unlocked especially after two very suspicious assaults have happened within a block or two from the house?

The blanket Brianna had that wound up in the kitchen was most likely there as a result of the chaos; further, it could be a likely source of epitheal DNA.

Why did the police originally deny that this perp of the other two assault cases was not related or involved with this case? Thanks

this guy is pretty brazen, that we know. If he assaulted one victim and then goes back to her house to try to break in...that is almost unheard of. Rapists almost never go back to the same victim again. And he took a huge chance that nobody would wake up, or walk in on him, with all the comings and going in that house...but then look at the Lunsford and Smart cases, those guys were both very bold.

msr,

Statistically I must disagree with your assessment regarding rapists and their victims. Most rapists do go back to their previous victims--especially if they have not reported it. Cheers!

Leviosa

By the way...this has been really bothering me...has anyone heard what Bri texted her boyfriend about at roughly 4:00AM?

Leviosa :rolleyes:

The text messages have not been released and there has been no mention as to content. The boyfriend has been cleared.

Sure does sound like a lot of activity in that house on any given day. This guy could know the other roomates possibly. It wouldn't surprise me. Who knows?

Maybe the perp is a student who has actually been in and out of that house for parties. Maybe his DNA was all over that house from previous visits. Who knows?

I assume they are running his DNA in the computer against any other crimes that have been committed. Who knows...maybe they will get a hit. Seems odd that these crimes started up recently and strung together so closely...either something triggered him or he just moved into the area. My guess is that he just moved there...

I assume they are running his DNA in the computer against any other crimes that have been committed. Who knows...maybe they will get a hit. Seems odd that these crimes started up recently and strung together so closely...either something triggered him or he just moved into the area. My guess is that he just moved there...

Excellent observations and perceptions! I'm on a map of Reno right now; this person easily could be an airline employee who recently transfered there.

S.S.,

I believe they originally 'cleared' the potential involvement of the suspect in the previous assault cases. Brianna's aunt stated that the boyfriend was in Reno until that day, then he had to be back at school.

Please bear with me here; the police commander also said that they were further examining her previous Ex-boyfriend.

So at one time we have a boyfriend she's breaking up with who's in town until the night of the festivities, along with Brianna's Ex-boyfriend who lives there and what appears to me to be a stalker. Reno to Santa Barbara, was she seeing anyone in there?

This is beginning to look like some serious jealousy issues: Now, if they've 'cleared' her current boyfriend (Oregon-man) who she was texting back and forth why no reveal the content of the messages?

Help!

Leviosa:rolleyes:

Leviosa, I'm a bit confused as to why the boyfriend angle, current or ex, is being brought up. A DNA match has been made between Brianna's attacker and the December attacker. Are you saying that the ex-bf could be our serial attacker?

The same perp might have been involved in another one of the many "secret witness" cases they have listed here. I see a couple of possibilities.

Since they were so slow to recognize he might be associated with the assault and burglary which happened a few blocks away...it wouldn't surprise me if they missed these!

http://www.secretwitness.com/cases/case_detail.php?cat_id=12

With the new evidence, I would say this was basically a stranger to Brianna and not an ex. However, he could know the other people in the house where she was taken.

msr,

Statistically I must disagree with your assessment regarding rapists and their victims. Most rapists do go back to their previous victims--especially if they have not reported it. Cheers!

Leviosa

I have never heard of a Rapist going back to a previous victim. The surprise value is gone at that point, and the victim will always be wary of another attack and they will be more alert. Thats not what a perp wants.

I have never heard of a Rapist going back to a previous victim. The surprise value is gone at that point, and the victim will always be wary of another attack and they will be more alert. Thats not what a perp wants.

That's what raised my hinky meter about Rolando Alvarez that I posted last night. It does appear that he is, or should be incarcerated at this point. When he was arrested he was in posession of the victims house key and stated he was intending to go back. Everything about this guy fits, except for the incarceration. He's short, has a goatee, preyed on women who lived "up the street." Snuck out of his house while his wife was working the "graveyard shift". Left DNA behind, use your imagination. I know the judge handed down a one year manditory sentence before parole. But are we sure he's still incarcerated?

http://www.rgj.com/blogs/crime/2007/02/reno-peeper.html

It looks like there is a search starting for her tomorrow?

Picture2-1.png

usually I assume the worst in these situations. I just get a feeling that she is being held captive at this point. I suppose it's because he didn't kill the other victim.

The same perp might have been involved in another one of the many "secret witness" cases they have listed here. I see a couple of possibilities.

http://www.secretwitness.com/cases/case_detail.php?cat_id=12

There certainly are some possibilities there. I've been combing through the local blogs and crime reports. Is it me or does there seem to be an elevated amount of sex crimes in Reno?

ETA: I should add maybe they are more comfortable in discussing that aspect of their community, where other communities want to sweep it under the rug.

They need to get this guy fast. We all know the new trend is to run off to Mexico and avoid charges.

There certainly are some possibilities there. I've been combing through the local blogs and crime reports. Is it me or does there seem to be an elevated amount of sex crimes in Reno?
LOL I have spent the past two hours doing the same thing. :doh:

I would have to agree there does seem to be quite a few there! Could it have to do with the sex trade businesses which thrive in Nevada in some way?

I noticed the Washoe Sheriff's site is very difficult to maneuver, too. You would think if they wanted people to help catch these guys...they would make it so you could navigate to find out what they look like and if they are still incarcerated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member