Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many of you, the disclosure of the UW has lead me to re-evaluate my opinions on this case and the perp. Here are some of my thoughts:

Is it possible the perp posed Bri clutching the bear? The bear was considered a major speculation topic early in the case, and this would be an easy way for him to laugh in the face of LE and the public. It would also be a sign of how twisted this individual is, and would be something that LE would keep quiet. If the bear was not found with Bri, I think it may possibly get left at a memorial for her. I really do think this guy is that sick and twisted, and that seems right up his alley.

I also think that the perp is purposely leaving his DNA at the scenes of his crimes and this is why: Most rapists that look for crimes of opportunity would not have the time to put a condom on. Also, he has not raped all of his victims, yet he's still leaving DNA at each known scene (except the attack which has yet to be tied). The box of condoms was unopened, yet still contained his DNA. WTF is that about? I believe the perp has been toying with LE since the beginning, but they were not making a big deal about his crimes and this angered him and deflated his ego. I believe this is the reason he has quickly escalated in each known case to the next. I DO NOT believe they will find this guys DNA on file and he knows it.

I also believe that the perp has spent alot of time studying crimes and believes he has an upperhand on LE, the public, and even similar criminals. He does not believe he will be caught unless he chooses to be caught. And I believe the perp has been watching, reading, listening to any and all coverage of this case, and most likely, reading at forums such as websleuths.

The killer might have strangled her while trying to subdue her, or it his method of choice since strangulation is quieter than a gun or knife and less blood to spill..... I also wonder if the blood spot on the couch that Brianna was snatched from was from him knocking her unconscious or from holding a knife to her body?
It just amazes me how a criminal can just walk into a home, kidnap a person, and drive off with out a single person seeing or hearing anything.

ok....i may have this confused with another case:confused:
...but i thought i read that one of the women, he took to a home???...please correct me if i'm wrong....:blushing:

eta...ok, scratch my comment about one of the victims being taken to a home.....i searched for a minute or so, & found nothing along that line.....i could have swore i read that, but obviously i'm mistaken....

(talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth)...sorry:)

You are not mistaken, that was brought up a couple days ago on one of the threads, but I don't know that it was varified information.

ok....i may have this confused with another case:confused:
...but i thought i read that one of the women, he took to a home???...please correct me if i'm wrong....:blushing:

eta...ok, scratch my comment about one of the victims being taken to a home.....i searched for a minute or so, & found nothing along that line.....i could have swore i read that, but obviously i'm mistaken....

(talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth)...sorry:)

I read that also somewhere on these threads, but I don't know that it was ever verified.

Not at all. And don't worry, we will. It's a specialty here. :D

I must say, I have never had women's underwear left behind in my car, but that's just me.

It did. I posted the weather on an earlier thread, but IIRC it snowed for about a week and a half starting with the day she was abducted.

so ....do you think Brianna's body was dumped immediately after she was abducted, that morning?

Like many of you, the disclosure of the UW has lead me to re-evaluate my opinions on this case and the perp. Here are some of my thoughts:

Is it possible the perp posed Bri clutching the bear? The bear was considered a major speculation topic early in the case, and this would be an easy way for him to laugh in the face of LE and the public. It would also be a sign of how twisted this individual is, and would be something that LE would keep quiet. If the bear was not found with Bri, I think it may possibly get left at a memorial for her. I really do think this guy is that sick and twisted, and that seems right up his alley.

I also think that the perp is purposely leaving his DNA at the scenes of his crimes and this is why: Most rapists that look for crimes of opportunity would not have the time to put a condom on. Also, he has not raped all of his victims, yet he's still leaving DNA at each known scene (except the attack which has yet to be tied). The box of condoms was unopened, yet still contained his DNA. WTF is that about? I believe the perp has been toying with LE since the beginning, but they were not making a big deal about his crimes and this angered him and deflated his ego. I believe this is the reason he has quickly escalated in each known case to the next. I DO NOT believe they will find this guys DNA on file and he knows it.

I also believe that the perp has spent alot of time studying crimes and believes he has an upperhand on LE, the public, and even similar criminals. He does not believe he will be caught unless he chooses to be caught. And I believe the perp has been watching, reading, listening to any and all coverage of this case, and most likely, reading at forums such as websleuths.

I am still wrestling with this guy being so calculated.

If he is, you could be very accurate. I like your thought process.

i was wondering IF the bear was left with Brianna's body, why would LE keep it quiet......you've answered my question...

i also think he knows his DNA isn't on file...

good points made, SH.....

I am starting to think that the perp might be on of the people who is working on the development of the land where Bri was found. I know other posters have thrown out a construction worker before (and Dimples' Myspace guy falls into this category too).

One of my reasons for this - I just mapped the route from the Mackay Court house to the dump site. To get to where he left her, you'd take 395, but then you would have to get off and make some turns, leading me to believe that the perp knew this undeveloped area. I do not live in the Reno area, so those who do can comment on whether I'm off on this. To me, if he just wanted to dump her anywhere, why wouldn't he had dumped her on 395, or kept going into a truly rural, mountainous area? Why did he turn off of it into this little spot?

Well, THIS is news to me! When & where was that reported?

I believe Lion said someone from AMW quoted a source that Brianna was found unclothed.

Edit: Ooops posted a little late.

I am starting to think that the perp might be on of the people who is working on the development of the land where Bri was found. I know other posters have thrown out a construction worker before (and Dimples' Myspace guy falls into this category too).

One of my reasons for this - I just mapped the route from the Mackay Court house to the dump site. To get to where he left her, you'd take 395, but then you would have to get off and make some turns, leading me to believe that the perp knew this undeveloped area. I do not live in the Reno area, so those who do can comment on whether I'm off on this. To me, if he just wanted to dump her anywhere, why wouldn't he had dumped her on 395, or kept going into a truly rural, mountainous area? Why did he turn off of it into this little spot?

I picture that he fled South, either as a direct route too or away from his residence. I say that to say it was an intentional DIRECT route. Not just random. At some point he went from thinking "get the heck away from there" to " I got to get rid of this body". At that point, he took an exit and started looking for a place to dump the body. He may have looked for dumpsters. Then he saw the field, a little overgrown, and then a ditch. It was the best place under the circumstances. This presumes he was, at that moment, driven maily by fear and not by arrogance.

But as stated before, the thongs make me turn my head crooked like my dog. Was he just that clumsy in his dispair to dump the body?

Knowing how they found her body might give us much needed insight to that.

The choice of location is curious to me as well.

I drove my daughter to school this morning, and on the way back I went by 1395 MacKay and proceeded South without using a map, but just relying on my own internal compass and knowledge of how the city is laid out. From MacKay I turned South on Sierra, cut over to Virginia (don't remember the street), took Virginia to I80, got on I80 EB to 395 SB.

As I came upon the South Meadows Parkway exit, trying to be as objective as possible, I didn't see anything to indicate that if I took this exit there would be open fields nearby. However, going one or two exits further South one can plainly see open fields, along with roads that lead up to the mountains (SR431 to Incline Village and SR341 to Virginia City) - not to mention US395 continuing South through much less densely populated areas.

So I think it's a good assumption this guy knew this field was there and picked it, rather than stumbled across it. Still can't be certain, but it's very curious to me.

You are providing excellent insight! Thank you!

Maybe the thong owner is his previous victim that he dropped off at home? The one that's now out of the country?

LE has stated that the UW owner is not any known victim or friend of Brianna's.

The choice of location is curious to me as well.

I drove my daughter to school this morning, and on the way back I went by 1395 MacKay and proceeded South without using a map, but just relying on my own internal compass and knowledge of how the city is laid out. From MacKay I turned South on Sierra, cut over to Virginia (don't remember the street), took Virginia to I80, got on I80 EB to 395 SB.

As I came upon the South Meadows Parkway exit, trying to be as objective as possible, I didn't see anything to indicate that if I took this exit there would be open fields nearby. However, going one or two exits further South one can plainly see open fields, along with roads that lead up to the mountains (SR431 to Incline Village and SR341 to Virginia City) - not to mention US395 continuing South through much less densely populated areas.

So I think it's a good assumption this guy knew this field was there and picked it, rather than stumbled across it. Still can't be certain, but it's very curious to me.

Also, can you really see the ditch from the road yet he placed her in it (Although, I shouldn't say placed) This is why he knew the location.

very good point!!...he may not even have a child of his own...he may not even be married....that's why he felt comfortable in taking one of the women to an actual home....

I don't think he's taken anyone to home has he? He dropped on vic off at her apartment complex.

ETA: Nevermind! I see that was already answered.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080220/NEWS01/802200445

Since more than $150,000 was raised earlier to erase a DNA backlog, samples tested so far have not matched evidence at Brianna Denison's crime scene.
Washoe County Crime Laboratory Director Renee Romero said the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department crime lab has processed a few hundred of about 1,800 samples. Those samples have been uploaded into the state's DNA database and, so far, have not matched DNA evidence from the Denison case.
Another 1,000 samples are being processed by the Bode Technology Group in Virginia. Romero said her scientists will get data from the private company, conduct quality control tests on the samples and upload them into the database.
Romero estimated that the 3,000 backlogged samples should be completed by mid-March. (more at link)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ncorliss52