Brianna Denison 19yo Reno NV #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as we know, this is an erroneous statement made by Kelly of the private profiling company System to Apprehend Lethal Killers (STALK). Either he knows something that LE has never confirmed or he is talking out of his @ss to make it sound like he is the "expert". HE needs to get his facts straight before he spews them in the media. DNA has never been linked in the Oct.22nd case and LE would certainly put that information out.

Authorities say DNA has linked Denison’s killer to a sexually motivated attacks against college-age women on or near the University of Nevada, Reno campus on Oct. 22, Nov. 13 and Dec. 16.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=80220046&Ref=AR&Show=0

I have been following this thread since the start and have only chimed in a few times but I really feel like there is a lot of confusion and misinterpretation of some of the facts.

First, I have no idea who this Kelley guy is. I have heard of STALK and I think it is a nice concept, but I don't think that he is as reliable as someone like Douglas or Vorpagel and other FBI profilers who are actually fully trained and experienced. Again, I don't know anything about him, so I could be wrong.

The one thing that I think is often given way too much emphasis is something like saying that the perp goes after someone with long brown hair... I don't think that is something that should be considered seriously.

I think that the perp has a preference for a certain type or look in his victims, but I think that any female who is small in stature and attractive would be suitable. I think that there is not a lot to read into when it comes to dates of the attacks or location other than the fact that the perp is familiar with the location and the attacks are nothing more than opportunity.
It is not a blame the victim statement, but each of the attacks could have been avoided if the victims were not vulnerable in some way or another.

I have no more information than what I have read here and through the news, and have no training in any sort of profiling but I think that there are a few "experts" who have said some really ridiculous things.

So here is my "expert" profile based on my studies at the University of Websleuths and my years of experience working with law enforcement in several high stress traffic ticket situations. :crazy:---Sorry, just trying to keep it light :crazy:

I think that when it comes out who the perp is, it will be extremely frustrating to everyone because there will be nothing about him that anyone will be able to see and say, "Well, he certainly struck me as the serial rapist type of guy."
I think it will be another Edwin Hall.

There will be nothing remarkable about him.

I think that it is someone a bit older than the majority of the students, but not so old that they don't fit in with the crowd. I think that he is not college educated, maybe some education but he is now bogged down in a dull blue collar type of life. I think that he probably has a child and a significant other, she may not be current, but because of the child she is still in his life. I also believe that for lack of a better word, if she ever shows up in pictures or news stories after he is caught that she will be "frumpy"
That may be the wrong word to use but I think that he is attacking women who are out of his league. It may be because he is older than them or it may be because of self esteem. But I think that the wife or girlfriend is someone that he is with for a different reason and he may be able to perform with her, but he lusts after a different type.
I still don't think that the type is anything that you could pin down other than vulnerable and attractive.

I don't think that the dates of the attacks have one thing to do with the other. I think that he comes to the area for parties or knows some students and he attacks only when the situation presents itself.
As far as him being a *advertiser censored* actor or anything like that, I don't think that there is anything like that going on, however I bet that he uses a lot of *advertiser censored*.

I also believe that this was the first murder and that while there may be other outright assaults in the past, I don't think that there would be many. I think that there are most likely more subtle crimes like burglary or peeping,

The panties confuse me a little. I do think that they were left on purpose, but I don't think that it will be that easy to identify him from them.
If they were taken during a burglary, I think he is confident that it would not be tied back to him.
One possibility that I thought of is that he purchased them from the internet. A lot of *advertiser censored* sites offer worn items for sale.
I do think that for him to leave them there he was sure that it would not lead police to someone who could give a better description or lead directly to him.

He will attack again, and I do agree that in all likelyhood the next victim will be lucky to survive because now that he has done it he can't risk a living victim identifying him. I don't think he will attack soon because of the heat, but if he isn't caught this case will fade from the limelight, and he will become comfortable again.

Anyway, I just wanted to jump in there, and while my past posts may have seemed snarky, I just find that I will hear all of this second guessing and criticism of the police and I think in some cases it is 100% justified. I think that in this case LE is doing everything they can and I commend them for it.

I learned years ago while training for K9 SAR that about 10% of serial killers insert themselves into the investigation and/or the search for a missing victim(s). This happened when I was searching for a missing woman, Darlene Anderson in 1994.

Ever since about 1995 or so LE has been videotaping and/or takes pictures of the groups of people and their vehicles who volunteer on most searches that I've been on. I think this is a good idea.

This slime may be feeling so empowered and feel like an expert in the case and that the victim was, "his" that I wouldn't put it past him to go to that memorial. He may also want to feel that he has some level of power in the investigation. I'm not saying that I believe that he will only that I wouldn't doubt it.

Lion

yes, i've heard this before also, LR........very interesting
....appreciate your expertise!:)

Anyone have any info on the loopy eyed guy that was posted a while back? He seems to fit the description given by the victim. I dont understand why the LE sketch doesn't even have facial hair and the victim said he has a small amount of facial hair.

I have been following this thread since the start and have only chimed in a few times but I really feel like there is a lot of confusion and misinterpretation of some of the facts.

First, I have no idea who this Kelley guy is. I have heard of STALK and I think it is a nice concept, but I don't think that he is as reliable as someone like Douglas or Vorpagel and other FBI profilers who are actually fully trained and experienced. Again, I don't know anything about him, so I could be wrong.

The one thing that I think is often given way too much emphasis is something like saying that the perp goes after someone with long brown hair... I don't think that is something that should be considered seriously.

I think that the perp has a preference for a certain type or look in his victims, but I think that any female who is small in stature and attractive would be suitable. I think that there is not a lot to read into when it comes to dates of the attacks or location other than the fact that the perp is familiar with the location and the attacks are nothing more than opportunity.
It is not a blame the victim statement, but each of the attacks could have been avoided if the victims were not vulnerable in some way or another.

I have no more information than what I have read here and through the news, and have no training in any sort of profiling but I think that there are a few "experts" who have said some really ridiculous things.

So here is my "expert" profile based on my studies at the University of Websleuths and my years of experience working with law enforcement in several high stress traffic ticket situations. :crazy:---Sorry, just trying to keep it light :crazy:

I think that when it comes out who the perp is, it will be extremely frustrating to everyone because there will be nothing about him that anyone will be able to see and say, "Well, he certainly struck me as the serial rapist type of guy."
I think it will be another Edwin Hall.

There will be nothing remarkable about him.

I think that it is someone a bit older than the majority of the students, but not so old that they don't fit in with the crowd. I think that he is not college educated, maybe some education but he is now bogged down in a dull blue collar type of life. I think that he probably has a child and a significant other, she may not be current, but because of the child she is still in his life. I also believe that for lack of a better word, if she ever shows up in pictures or news stories after he is caught that she will be "frumpy"
That may be the wrong word to use but I think that he is attacking women who are out of his league. It may be because he is older than them or it may be because of self esteem. But I think that the wife or girlfriend is someone that he is with for a different reason and he may be able to perform with her, but he lusts after a different type.
I still don't think that the type is anything that you could pin down other than vulnerable and attractive.

I don't think that the dates of the attacks have one thing to do with the other. I think that he comes to the area for parties or knows some students and he attacks only when the situation presents itself.
As far as him being a *advertiser censored* actor or anything like that, I don't think that there is anything like that going on, however I bet that he uses a lot of *advertiser censored*.

I also believe that this was the first murder and that while there may be other outright assaults in the past, I don't think that there would be many. I think that there are most likely more subtle crimes like burglary or peeping,

The panties confuse me a little. I do think that they were left on purpose, but I don't think that it will be that easy to identify him from them.
If they were taken during a burglary, I think he is confident that it would not be tied back to him.
One possibility that I thought of is that he purchased them from the internet. A lot of *advertiser censored* sites offer worn items for sale.
I do think that for him to leave them there he was sure that it would not lead police to someone who could give a better description or lead directly to him.

He will attack again, and I do agree that in all likelyhood the next victim will be lucky to survive because now that he has done it he can't risk a living victim identifying him. I don't think he will attack soon because of the heat, but if he isn't caught this case will fade from the limelight, and he will become comfortable again.

Anyway, I just wanted to jump in there, and while my past posts may have seemed snarky, I just find that I will hear all of this second guessing and criticism of the police and I think in some cases it is 100% justified. I think that in this case LE is doing everything they can and I commend them for it.

Great post, dontpanic!

Lion

Anyone have any info on the loopy eyed guy that was posted a while back? He seems to fit the description given by the victim. I dont understand why the LE sketch doesn't even have facial hair and the victim said he has a small amount of facial hair.

the only thing i can figure is when this sketch was made, the suspect didn't have facial hair...that's why LE is saying don't dismiss anything, as far as the description goes.....

eta...i don't know anything about a loopy eyed guy....

Authorities urge the public to consider that the following descriptions of the suspect and vehicle may vary slightly as compared to the actual suspect and vehicle, and that non-exact matches should not be ruled out. Any clues, no matter how seemingly insignificant, could help solve the case. DNA evidence already collected can provide positive links regarding any suspects who are found.

http://news.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080129/NEWS18/80129044

the only thing i can figure is when this sketch was made, the suspect didn't have facial hair...that's why LE is saying don't dismiss anything, as far as the description goes.....

eta...i don't know anything about a loopy eyed guy....

Close, that is what I'm thinking too. And, it makes sense. I don't know anything about a loopy eyed guy, either.

Lion

I learn something new everyday! :eek:

IF Brianna's body was "posed" when it was found, that would make me think she wasn't his first kill. In a first kill he would want to despose quickly and leave no sightings.

Maybe the panties left at the scene belong to someone he hasn't actually come in contact with yet.
He may be watching another victim and has been inside of her home and stole the panties. Maybe thats why no one has come forward to claim them yet.
This would be the ultimate taunt with LE. Panties that belong to the future victim. And I won't even go into how his DNA would be on the panties.
I don't know just a thought...

sorry....:(
but thanks...i'm interested
....to be real honest, i don't pay a whole lot of attention to some of the my space links....

RICK777, do you have any idea where it was discussed? I am having trouble locating that picture of him.
Is that the person Leviosa was posting about and included his picture?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*