Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Since LE said they believed Bri died in the house in the latest RGJ story (http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080728/NEWS/807280306&theme=), I am thinking her death really was an accident. Maybe this guy got so scared by that that he's taking time off.

Does anyone know of any other cases like this where an accidental death occured during an attempted abduction or rape? I know of cases where the rapists only committed one murder--the Fairmount Park rapist here in Philly, for one. I am wondering what the criminal progression would be for someone who "accidentally" killed--would they keep killing or go back to lesser crimes?

Good question! From all I've heard and read once you cross the line to killing it makes it easier to kill in the future. I think that is probably true for any kind of taboo behavior. I have always thought he did not mean to kill her but was concerned about the others in the house so he was more aggressive in his attempts to subdue her. However, I also read that the doctor who treated the Dec. victim told police that the perp would likely kill his next victim, based on the violence of that attack.

IMO if this guy is scared by Bri's death I think it is because he now knows he is eligible for the needle due to the mitigating circumstances. He was likely "freaked out" afterwards but
I just don't think this guy is capable of feeling guilt or remorse. The fact he attempted to get to the Dec. victim AGAIN indicates to me that he thinks only of himself. I don't think his intent was to apologize to her.:razz:

ETA: I don't think he will necessarily kill again but I don't think he'll hesitate to do so if he feels the need.

This is scary.....

"Reno police have some concerns about a pair of break-ins near the University of Nevada. They say it may or may not be the work of the man who raped and murdered Brianna Denison.
The break-ins happened at 4 and 5am while young women were asleep in their homes. One happened on the 1100 block of Bon Rea Way with the other on the 900 block of Bell Street. "

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=8898318&nav=menu549_2

Thanks for posting that Reannon.
It would make sense that it could be Bri's killer.
Much time has passed, everything has quieted down, and everyone's focused on the Caylee Anthony case.
He could easily feel as though everyone has their guard down right now.
JMO.

This is scary.....

"Reno police have some concerns about a pair of break-ins near the University of Nevada. They say it may or may not be the work of the man who raped and murdered Brianna Denison.
The break-ins happened at 4 and 5am while young women were asleep in their homes. One happened on the 1100 block of Bon Rea Way with the other on the 900 block of Bell Street. "

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=8898318&nav=menu549_2
Wow, those locations are only about half a mile away from MacKay Court...

I wish UNR had their updated crime blotter for August. It would be interesting to see what the campus police wrote down about the incidents.

i just seen last night on fox news that they now beleive that bre's case is connected to the too other students in the area that were stabbed to death what i dont get is if thats the case and there is a seriel killer out there was it someone different that raped or did whatever to the too that he let go maybe thats a totally different guy if that was a seriel killer like they said they think bre's case is linked too why would he not kill them other too exspescially the one that he new had seen what he was driving and some of the interior..so maybe there is too different guys here...just a thought .

This appears to be an updated story of newshound's link...http://www.rgj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...727020&OAS_sitepage=news.rgj.com/breakingnews

Has some interesting statements which I'll highlight here-

"We know he was stalking and targeting his victims, who were opportunities, but not at random," he said.

"Reno police now say Brianna Denison’s killer walked through an unlocked back door on Jan. 20 when he found her sleeping on her friend’s couch in a rental home on MacKay Court. They believe he was lurking around neighborhoods in the university area in the early morning hours, looking for a victim and fantasizing about an attack.
Investigators believe Denison was dead when her killer removed her from the house
. He later left her in a field with two pairs of women’s underwear."

[respectfully snipped]

Is there any evidence that she was already dead BEFORE the rapist/murderer came into the home? I'm confused from this report since they believe she was dead when the killer removed her from the house. Did she die of alcohol poisoning or something like that prior to the perp entering the home or did he suffocate her on the couch before taking her out?

Is there any evidence that she was already dead BEFORE the rapist/murderer came into the home? I'm confused from this report since they believe she was dead when the killer removed her from the house. Did she die of alcohol poisoning or something like that prior to the perp entering the home or did he suffocate her on the couch before taking her out?
dee, I have never heard anything suggesting she was already dead before he attacked her. I guess it is possible but not probable, IMO. I think there may have been something about either the crime scene or found at autopsy that suggests Bri died during the initial attack, prior to being taken from the house. They have never been specific about the evidence that leads them to believe this.

i just seen last night on fox news that they now beleive that bre's case is connected to the too other students in the area that were stabbed to death what i dont get is if thats the case and there is a seriel killer out there was it someone different that raped or did whatever to the too that he let go maybe thats a totally different guy if that was a seriel killer like they said they think bre's case is linked too why would he not kill them other too exspescially the one that he new had seen what he was driving and some of the interior..so maybe there is too different guys here...just a thought .
I've never heard of this theory. Is there a link? TIA

It's so sad to see that this case kind of just slipped away. I can only pray that one day, this murderer slips up and justice will be served.

I know it is a long shot, but take a look at this guy:

BrianBennettEdgefiedKidnapping.jpg

This 31 year old guy travelled from California all the way to Edgefield, South Carolina and kidnapped a local 17 year old girl who he had been chatting with on MySpace. The story is a bit odd in that she "agreed to meet him", but didn't know she was going to be kidnapped. She was able to use his cell phone and call home the next day, and they were arrested in Wentzville, Missouri at a convenience store. The FBI is of course looking very closely at him. I would assume, that means they will obtain his DNA profile and compare it to cases, and if it matches the DNA in Brianna's case, they will know fairly quickly. I have no idea where he was taking the local girl he kidnapped. Seems like a very different MO, from Bri's killer, but the minute I saw his picture, I thougth of Brianna. Here is a link to the local article:

http://www.edgefielddaily.com/sheriff090608.html

Bumping for Brianna - and to find out what you guys thought of the guy that drove from California to South Carolina to abduct a girl. I haven't heard anymore about the case, but I will post it as soon as I do.

Bumping for Brianna - and to find out what you guys thought of the guy that drove from California to South Carolina to abduct a girl. I haven't heard anymore about the case, but I will post it as soon as I do.

Who would think that a nice looking man like him would have to hunt for teenagers on the internet to meet with and kidnap and rape! That is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

It sounds like he targeted his victims over the internet instead of stalking them or watching for young people out along or going home along. It's hard to tell though. They should check him and see if he shaves his body.

I thought for sure that LE would have Bre's killer by now. I thought he was probably married with a child because of the child's shoe in the truck. I also thought that him shaving like he did might catch the attention of someone and that they would give LE a call....a wife or girlfriend.

I think LE must mean that he murdered Bre and then took her body and dumped it. I wonder why he didn't just leave her right there? What was the point in moving her?

<snip>
I think LE must mean that he murdered Bre and then took her body and dumped it. I wonder why he didn't just leave her right there? What was the point in moving her?

I think the perp was not aware that she had died. He likely thought she had just passed out, which was his intention/pattern. By the time he realized he had actually killed her she was already in his vehicle.

This is on CNN's main page today though there is no new news

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/09/15/grace.brianna.denison/index.html

I wish they would catch this evil man

I just saw this at CNN and keeping Brianna's name out there may jog someone's memory. It seems LE has a description of the serial rapist that is more than likely Brianna's killer. There is a tiny mention that Nancy Grace may feature Brianna's case on her show tonight in a small pic to the side of the article.

Here we are - another week has started, and still no answers or updates from LE??? I am beginning to think the perp is NOT from the local area - otherwise someone would have been tuned in to all of the local news and would have reported him by now.

I agree! This guy may have been a tourist in the area for a little while. I don't think he is a local Reno resident...

Hello, I lived in Reno until a couple months ago...distantly knew some members of the family but not close or anything. Anyway the last couple posts about him not being in Reno got me thinking of something. I've perused the majority of the posts here and hope that I'm not bringing up something already discussed.

The guy struck a lot in a relatively small amount of time but it doesn't appear he has recently. To our knowledge, his DNA is not in the system. Could he be an exchange student? This could explain the truck with the baby shoe. Perhaps the truck belonged to the sponsor family, guy leaves town and the family never puts two and two together. If he were from overseas and hadn't been caught for anything, his DNA would not be in our system. IF the underpants belonged to a girlfriend or wife back home (I don't know why he'd have them, maybe some sort of memento from home) she probably wouldn't have much, if any, knowledge of this case.

I know the young lady that gave such a detailed description of him said that he did not speak with an accent but what if she was off? Did he speak to her or whisper? A whisper or hushed tone would sound a lot different than a normal speaking voice. She remembered so many details and gave such a good description that maybe the accent or lack thereof was an oversight. It could even be that his accent wasn't a heavy one so it would have gone unnoticed. Or even an American born citizen whose family moved overseas and doesn't have an accent...endless possibilities I guess with that one.

Plausible or no? Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back