Brianna Dennison 19yo Reno NV #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't think that LE lets a victim decide to pursue a case of burglary. I am fairly certain that LE has the responsibility to pursue a rape/sexual assault case without the victim's approval in Nevada, too. Here...you are given a choice in that instance.

I don't think that LE lets a victim decide to pursue a case of burglary. I am fairly certain that LE has the responsibility to pursue a rape/sexual assault case without the victim's approval in Nevada, too. Here...you are given a choice in that instance.

Here you are given a choice as well...I have no knowledge of the laws in Nevada. Did it say the '06 incident was a burglary/sexual assault? If so, LE should explain why the public wasn't warned about a rapist on the loose.
There isn't even anything about the '06 incident on the Secret Witness website.

Edit-I saw where the news report did
say the '06 incident was a burglary/sexual assault....hmmm.

I would think the first thing they checked was the DNA or other evidence for a connection to Bri's case. Evidently, they didn't find anything. However, it does sound a bit like it could connect to the case in the parking garage and that sketch!

It will be interesting to see in the coming days or weeks what info the police will release on the the latest attack.

Was the victim of the May 3rd attack driven to the bank in her car or the perp's vehicle?

Getting back to Brianna's case. I wonder if the perp is someone who comes to Reno every month either to visit a parent or a relative and while he is here, he does his attacking. Maybe he grew up in this area and has moved away, but has good knowledge of the surroundings. He comes back to visit let's say a elderly parent or a sister/brother and borrows their vehicle to drive around. The baby shoe seen in this vehicle, could belong to a grandchild or a niece or nephew.

I know this senario doesn't seem to fit the geographical profiling, but he could be attacking where he is living too and also when he comes to Reno.

Since it has already been since the 3rd...I don't think they will release anything else to be honest.

I think that if there is a connection to the other assaults that LE would let the public know.

I guess there is a fine line as to what info LE will release to the public. If it's something only the killer would know then of course they wouldn't. There's too many copycats out there looking for their 15 minutes of infamy.

Where I'm from - Ontario, Canada we had the infamous Paul Bernardo who turned out to be the Scarborough rapist. He stalked and raped women for years before moving to the Niagara area. He lived in small town with his young wife Karla. Lived the idyllic life, he was an accountant, romantic wedding. Turns out he killed 2 teenage girls, 1 girl he ended up decapitating and throwing her body parts into a small lake around here. The other girl was abducted (with the help of his wife) and tortured before she was killed. It's always been felt that his wife was more involved with the murders that she said. Makes me wonder how a significant other can be involved in something so sadistic as this. If I remember correctly, I think she did turn him in eventually.

I wonder if Brianna's perp is married and the spouse does know something, but is afraid to come forward.

The semester is coming to a close at UNR. If the perp decides to show his face in his known hunting grounds, it will happen this week.

I think there's a chance, if he's still here, that he'll strike somewhere in Reno more toward the middle of the summer, when there are more people out and about at night in the warmer weather and more tourists to shift his attention away from the lack of victims in the area of the college.

Unfortunately, the less this case is in the media, the more people will start to let their guards down again. I think the perp knows this and will take advantage of it.

Do you think the perp knows that people like us are analyzing every assault to see if it could possibly be connected??? Some of us here, will NEVER forget, and will be FOREVER vigilant. There are a few cases that cling to you like spiderwebs, and this is one of them. I can't put it behind me until it is solved.

Newshound, that's the way I feel too unless the attack on May 3rd is by the same perp. I feel that it's not the same attacker. You'd think LE would have advised the public if it was.

Someone on the insession board actually found the news release about the '06 assault. Amazing, I thought I tried everything.:clap:

Originally posted by Politigal

[*]I think I found the archived report of the November 2006 sexual assault that is linked to this latest attack:

Reno Gazette-Journal (NV)

November 10, 2006
Edition: Final
Section: Main News
Page: 04A

Reno police search for man who raped woman in her home

Article Text:

STAFF REPORT

Reno police continued Thursday to look for a masked man who broke into a woman's home last week, raped her multiple times and possibly drugged her.

The incident happened about 2:30 a.m. one day last week on Caballo Alto Court.

According to a police report, the suspect surprised the woman from behind and held what she believed was a gun to the back of her head. He asked her a few times, "where's the money," the report said.

The man then wrapped a pillow case around her head and sexually assaulted her in different rooms in her home, police said.

Someone called 911 to report a sexual assault was happening, police said. But when officers arrived, the man was gone and all of the doors had been locked, police said.

Police don't know how the man got inside.

Police said the woman appeared groggy and may have been drugged during the attack.

Detectives can be reached at 334-2115 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.
[/*]
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?threadid=330979&pagenumber=3

Someone on the insession board actually found the news release about the '06 assault. Amazing, I thought I tried everything.:clap:

Originally posted by Politigal
[*]I think I found the archived report of the November 2006 sexual assault that is linked to this latest attack:

Reno Gazette-Journal (NV)

November 10, 2006
Edition: Final
Section: Main News
Page: 04A

Reno police search for man who raped woman in her home

Article Text:

STAFF REPORT

Reno police continued Thursday to look for a masked man who broke into a woman's home last week, raped her multiple times and possibly drugged her.

The incident happened about 2:30 a.m. one day last week on Caballo Alto Court.

According to a police report, the suspect surprised the woman from behind and held what she believed was a gun to the back of her head. He asked her a few times, "where's the money," the report said.

The man then wrapped a pillow case around her head and sexually assaulted her in different rooms in her home, police said.

Someone called 911 to report a sexual assault was happening, police said. But when officers arrived, the man was gone and all of the doors had been locked, police said.

Police don't know how the man got inside.

Police said the woman appeared groggy and may have been drugged during the attack.

Detectives can be reached at 334-2115 or Secret Witness at 322-4900. [/*]
http://boards.insessiontrials.com/showthread.php?threadid=330979&pagenumber=3
I saw that too and was floored. I tried looking through the archives of rgj and found nothing. Secret Witness doesn't have anything either.

I wonder if her groggy behavior was due to having lost oxygen from having the pillow case over her head. I'm still not convinced that this perp is not Bri's. I wish we could get an update.

I’m leaning toward believing it is unrelated as well. There are some similarities but it just has a different feel to it IMO. There appears to be a lot of unsolved, very violent sexual assaults in Reno lately. It is a small city to have two such sick and dangerous perps on the loose.

Have any of you thought that the guy might travel by plane? meaning he visits reno at least once every two months.. and that would put him in the airport. I have always thought this could be the way he is not caught yet.

Have any of you thought that the guy might travel by plane? meaning he visits reno at least once every two months.. and that would put him in the airport. I have always thought this could be the way he is not caught yet.

One thing that really doesn't add up with that, though, is the dec. victim reported that baby shoe and a couple other things that she had seen is the guys vehicle. IMO, if this is someone who travels via airplane he wouldnt have those things in his vecihle, assuming of course that it would be a rental. I could be wrong, but I just think its not likely that he is traveling by plane.

One thing that really doesn't add up with that, though, is the dec. victim reported that baby shoe and a couple other things that she had seen is the guys vehicle. IMO, if this is someone who travels via airplane he wouldnt have those things in his vecihle, assuming of course that it would be a rental. I could be wrong, but I just think its not likely that he is traveling by plane.

It would add up if he lives in Reno and travels to other cities from Reno. His wife/Girlfriend could just think hes out of town on business when really he comes home a day or two early picks up his vehicle from the parking area and off he goes?

It would add up if he lives in Reno and travels to other cities from Reno. His wife/Girlfriend could just think hes out of town on business when really he comes home a day or two early picks up his vehicle from the parking area and off he goes?

That's true. I hadn't thought of it like that. I had just assumed you were meaning that he traveled to Reno, not from Reno. Good theory, and my apologies.

That's true. I hadn't thought of it like that. I had just assumed you were meaning that he traveled to Reno, not from Reno. Good theory, and my apologies.

:) Its alright, I actually did make it sound like he traveled to Reno, my fault sorry. Anyways so if that is the way it happens, then his wife would have no reason to suspect him since he is suppose to be out of town. Which might be why she has not come forward. Thats just my thoughts on things. Ive been watching this case since day one and Im addicted to it. I wont stop until he is found.

:) Its alright, I actually did make it sound like he traveled to Reno, my fault sorry. Anyways so if that is the way it happens, then his wife would have no reason to suspect him since he is suppose to be out of town. Which might be why she has not come forward. Thats just my thoughts on things. Ive been watching this case since day one and Im addicted to it. I wont stop until he is found.

I have been watching since day one also. Like you, I wont stop 'till he's found either. I always find myself thinking and analyzing the things I know about the case. But of course I'm sure I wont figure out anything LE hasn't. Especially since I believe there are MANY details we know nothing about. But you know, I'm not totally convinced he has a SO. I think there is certainly a high chance but I'm beginnng to be a little skeptical. There are just so many things is this case that are a mistery and I think that's why I can't forget about it.

I have been watching since day one also. Like you, I wont stop 'till he's found either. I always find myself thinking and analyzing the things I know about the case. But of course I'm sure I wont figure out anything LE hasn't. Especially since I believe there are MANY details we know nothing about. But you know, I'm not totally convinced he has a SO. I think there is certainly a high chance but I'm beginnng to be a little skeptical. There are just so many things is this case that are a mistery and I think that's why I can't forget about it.

Do you mind me asking what SO means? I keep going over everything I have read about heard about and so on and trying to piece it together. I origionally thought that her body was only in the field for about a week but just yesterday I read it was there for at least 2 weeks, so now that has me thinking even harder. I actually have a box of all my notes I have taken, also have photos and so on. The case is going cold and that is what i fear the most.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anyclimate3010
Back