Brittany Murphy Dies

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about how she viewed herself. I wonder how many people, like me, thought she was beautiful when she was in Clueless, a little overweight by Hollywood standards, and how she was in her last pictures, frail and thin? What I guess no one could get through to her was that her beauty radiated from the inside.

Small, private funeral held for Brittany Murphy

— Brittany Murphy's family says words can't express the devastation they felt as they laid the 32-year-old actress to rest at a private Christmas Eve funeral.
"A bright light that lit the world is forever dimmed, but will live on in the hearts of those that Brittany touched," her family said in a statement. "Brittany was an incredibly loving and passionate person and an artist to her core."
<<SNIP>>
The intimate gathering was "very nice, very respectful," said longtime family friend Alex Ben Block. He said Murphy loved Christmas and that it was ironic that she was buried on Christmas Eve.

Her husband, Simon Monjack, talked about their relationship and called her his best friend and soul mate. The two married in 2007.
Her closest friends and her cousin also recalled their favorite memories of her.
<<SNIP>>
"The two of them really took care of each other," Feifer recalled. "He was her teddy bear, and she was just his little princess."

<<SNIP>>
http://www.app.com/article/20091225/ENT/91225055/Small++private+funeral+held+for+Brittany+Murphy

Inderal can be prescribed for migraine prevention (however in my experience it does not help with that, and verapimil is a better choice- Inderal is a beta-blocker, verapimil is a calcium-channel blocker- both are supposed to be for high blood pressure, but I think if someone truly has high blood pressure these meds are not effective enough to be prescribed as a first line treatment.....most likely for Brittany, the Inderal (if hers) would be for migraines or heart palpitations- it's also used for mitral valve prolapse symptoms and also benign chest pain (angina). basically, Inderal is used to relieve mild heart related symptoms by causing the heart not to have to use as much force or work as hard to pump blood. This is why it's also prescribed for panic attacks to stop the racing heart---and also, for people who have anxiety in certain situations. My doctor prescibes it for people who have anxiety during public speaking. It doesn't really help the anxiety but it stops the heart from racing, enabling a person with stagefright to better control it.

That is why I wondered if Brittany ever suffered from stagefright, or just complained of heart palpitations, or experienced migraines etc. I don't make too much of the meds she was on- my doctor is awesome, and prescribes meds off label all the time- she is NOT a doctor feelgood, she is a doctor who can treat your problems. It is possible Brittany Murphy had various issues that her doctor was legitmiately treating with these meds. I really hope it does not come out to be a drug related death stemming from abuse or bad interactions.

On another note, I forget where I heard it but either tv or radio had someone saying Brittany was 5'5 and weighed 115 pounds at her death. Wow, that is a NORMAL weight, and I can't believe how frail she looked, that's a healthy weight for that height, if toward the low end....it's not shocking...for someone closer to 6 feet tall it would be seriously underweight. I really thought she must have weighed barely over 100 pounds to look at her. She was very very thin.

Her death is really sad, especially at holiday time....I always thought she was adorable- beautiful and with an amazing voice and a sweet sweet personality. She was beautiful just the way she was- over the years, she sure didn't need to lose weight, blonde her hair, try to fit a mold...she was gorgeous as-is. :(
797.jpg

This is what a 5' 4" 110lb woman looks like...Brittany in her last pics is way below 115lbs. MOO but no way

Weight is difficult to gauge because of different body types.
My sister and I are both 5'4 but I have a muscular body type like my dad and she has much smaller and softer body type like my mom.
I weigh 125 and that is a good weight for me, I appear to be very small and no one every thinks i weigh that much. When my sister weighs 125 she looks a little bit chubby. A good weight for her is 115, she looks great and healthy at that weight, not overly skinny just slim. If I weigh 110-115 I look emaciated, gaunt and really bad. I mean really over the top bad.

If we use ourselves to guess weight the weight of others,I would guess the lady above to be about 130 pounds because I think I am smaller than she is and I use myself as a yardstick.

My point is that it is very difficult to guess the weight of others and so for me if i were 5'4 and 110-115 pounds, it would be extremely small for my body type and I know that my family members would be very concerned about my weight.

Hope this isn't a repeat...I haven't the time to check...this is an informative piece...much in it, but here's a little piece...they are speaking of Monjack's ex-wife, Simone...the coroner's office, they claim, want to interview her...interesting, to me...

He (Monjack) and Simone had been seeing each other for just three months when, in November, 2001, they flew to Las Vegas to marry. Five months later, they split up.
Ms Bienne, who has remarried and is now a relationship therapist for GMTV, declined to speak about her life with Mr Monjack, although one of her closest friends revealed: &#8216;She suffered years of hell with that man.&#8217;
Ms Bienne&#8217;s reticence is hardly surprising, she had to drag him through the courts in the U.S. &#8212; where he had subsequently moved &#8212; to get the divorce settlement he had promised her.
Legal papers, filed at the LA Superior Court, show that the outstanding sum &#8212; $30,000 (nearly £19,000) &#8212; was finally paid to her in February.
Intriguingly, we have been informed that investigators from the Los Angeles County Coroner&#8217;s department, who are awaiting the results of toxicology tests on Miss Murphy, are planning to interview Ms Bienne, and have already been in contact with her.Ten different prescription drugs were found at the Hollywood Hills home of Miss Murphy and Mr Monjack. There was gossip, vehemently denied, that Miss Murphy also took cocaine.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...r-Brittany-Murphy-got-hide.html#ixzz0aq3axGKp

One Hollywood figure, who had dealings with Mr Monjack, warned her not to get involved with him.
George Hickenlooper was the director of the 2006 film Factory Girl, based on the life of Andy Warhol&#8217;s muse Edie Sedgwick. Mr Monjack is given a credit for his work as a screenwriter on Factory Girl on the Internet Movie Database (IMDB).
Yet within hours of Miss Murphy&#8217;s death last weekend, Hickenlooper posted the following account on a Hollywood website. It would be difficult to imagine a more damaging critique.
&#8216;Simon Monjack had nothing to do with Factory Girl,&#8217; he wrote. &#8216;He filed a frivolous lawsuit against us. . . making bogus claims that we had stolen his script. He held us literally to hostage and we were forced to settle with him as he held our production over a barrel.
&#8216;I posted this information on IMDB two years ago in order to warn other people because Monjack was using his Factory Girl &#8220;credit&#8221; to solicit money from other investors.
&#8216;Then, one night at 3am, Brittany Murphy (who was a good friend and a girl I had come close to casting as Edie Sedgwick) called me in tears, begging me to take this posting down.

'It was going to ruin Monjack. I told Brittany it was the truth, and warned her, as many others did, about Monjack, who had a long, long list of legal complaints against him.
&#8216;In the end, I told Brittany I would do it for her and remove the post because I really cared for her as a friend. The last thing I told Brittany is: &#8220;Do you know this guy? I mean do you really know him? Do you know what you are doing by marrying him?&#8221;
&#8216;At this point, Brittany became angry and told me she knew Monjack better than anyone and then hung up on me. A few months later I tried to phone her to see if she was alright and Monjack would not let me speak to her.&#8217;
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...r-Brittany-Murphy-got-hide.html#ixzz0aq5Qo9Qr

Weight is difficult to gauge because of different body types.
My sister and I are both 5'4 but I have a muscular body type like my dad and she has much smaller and softer body type like my mom.
I weigh 125 and that is a good weight for me, I appear to be very small and no one every thinks i weigh that much. When my sister weighs 125 she looks a little bit chubby. A good weight for her is 115, she looks great and healthy at that weight, not overly skinny just slim. If I weigh 110-115 I look emaciated, gaunt and really bad. I mean really over the top bad.

If we use ourselves to guess weight the weight of others,I would guess the lady above to be about 130 pounds because I think I am smaller than she is and I use myself as a yardstick.

My point is that it is very difficult to guess the weight of others and so for me if i were 5'4 and 110-115 pounds, it would be extremely small for my body type and I know that my family members would be very concerned about my weight.

I know that the lady in that pic has many people worried about her weight...I think she looks heavier than 110..but I know for a fact that is what she is. I just know that Brittany looks 15lbs smaller than that to me...I guess it is subjective....and I am LOL at out guess-tulation.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20332429,00.html

Brittany Murphys Will Leaves Estate to Mother:

<snip>

Brittany Murphy had a will drawn up and executed before she met husband Simon Monjack, and it stipulates that her estate be left to her mother, Sharon Murphy, according to a report.

More at link and a beautiful picture of Brittany.

An older NYT piece in which Brittany speaks about herself, her relationship w/her Mom...and much more...

She also began living the typical working-child-actor's existence: for half the school year, she was tutored on the set. The rest of the time she attended John Burroughs High School in Burbank, where, she insists, her celebrity was never an issue.

''I get along with people pretty well, so I never had a problem,'' said Ms. Murphy, who in at least two ways still lives like a teenager -- with her mother and without a driver's license, which puts her in as slim a minority as you can find in car-reliant Los Angeles. ''Do you know my schedule? I never had a chance to learn how to drive.''
Ms. Murphy has been grappling with a challenge of her own. ''I'm trying to figure out the trick of working to live as opposed to living to work, but I don't know if I've quite stumbled upon it just yet,'' she said. Since doing a turn as Mickey Rourke's speed-freak girlfriend in an ensemble film called ''Spun'' in June, she has been on a self-imposed vacation.

In the meantime, she's moved into a new two-story house in the Hollywood Hills. She lives on one floor, her mother on the other. ''When I have to be far away from her, it's just awful,'' said Ms. Murphy, performing an unintentional trick with her hair that somehow perfectly underscored the emotion of her words -- pulling at her locks until they stuck out from the side of her head like a fright wig. ''I don't think I'll be living with her in my 30's, but I couldn't imagine not living near her. The umbilical cord between us is long.''
http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/30/m...ays-crazy-as-well-as-sexy.html?pagewanted=all

It's wonderful to be close to one's Mom...but to feel 'awful' when apart and you're an adult?....well, that's not good, imo...an umbilical cord can be like a leash, sometimes...some parents don't want it cut, either...from everything I've read, this Girl worked her butt off...from such a young age, such dedication...I hope she found time for joy in there, too...she deserved it.

And here, she says they lived on different floors...

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20332429,00.html

Brittany Murphys Will Leaves Estate to Mother:

<snip>

Brittany Murphy had a will drawn up and executed before she met husband Simon Monjack, and it stipulates that her estate be left to her mother, Sharon Murphy, according to a report.

More at link and a beautiful picture of Brittany.
Beautiful picture :)
The will was done before she married him, so lets see if he ends up acting out.
He will get something but not sure what.

Brittany Murphy Funeral -- Family Devastated

Posted Dec 25th 2009 10:00AM by TMZ Staff

Monjack also spoke about the nature of love, saying "you never know when or where it will strike or how quickly it will be taken from you."

According to the family, a Jewish prayer was recited -- as well as a rendition of Amazing Grace -- as Brittany's body was interred at Forest Lawn Memorial Park.

The statement concluded, "Christmas was Brittany's favorite holiday. So the family asks that all those who wish to honor her light a candle and remember the beautiful angel that entertained, enlightened, and made the world a better place."

An older NYT piece in which Brittany speaks about herself, her relationship w/her Mom...and much more...

http://www.nytimes.com/2001/09/30/m...ays-crazy-as-well-as-sexy.html?pagewanted=all

It's wonderful to be close to one's Mom...but to feel 'awful' when apart and you're an adult?....well, that's not good, imo...an umbilical cord can be like a leash, sometimes...some parents don't want it cut, either...from everything I've read, this Girl worked her butt off...from such a young age, such dedication...I hope she found time for joy in there, too...she deserved it.

And here, she says they lived on different floors...

This is really sad. Her Mom must be devastated, Living on different floors gave them privacy,
but they were still very close. :(
I have no idea when her mother is going to come out of this.

It is a great loss to her husband too.

I don't recall reading about Inderal. What is it and what is it prescribed for?

Hi Shamrock, Inderal was one of the rx's found by on Brittany's bedside table I believe (TMZ reported). It's a beta blocker used to treat minor heart conditions, HBP, migraines and occassionaly anxiety. Hermoine explained it's uses upthread better than I ever could.

I'm still stuck on wondering if Brittany did indeed have MVP. It's rarely fatal however. It can cause heart palpatations, extreme anxiety, headaches, syncope spells (fainting or near fainting) and a host of other things. If you have it and don't take care of yourself by taking your meds, eating properly, hydrating yourself, staying away from all stimulants including caffiene and chocolate you can find yourself in trouble and feeling very sick and anxious. I have it myself. I read somewhere that she was being treated for a minor heart condition and that when asked during an interview if she ever took drugs or did cocaine - she replied that rumors of her taking drugs or doing cocaine were far fetched and nothing could be further from the truth - that she would never do that because of her medical condition. MVP isn't something you die from however - it's very rare.

Regarding the weight thing. I have to agree with JBean. It's really hard to say. I am barely 5 feet tall, very small boned - petite and my normal weight has always been around 84-86. I'm female, 45 y/o. I just saw my cardiologist last week and when the nurse weighed me, I weighed a whooping 97 lbs. This is about 10 lbs more than when I saw him in June of this year. He told me I needed to get those 10 lbs off but that I needed to do it gradually. I know what you are thinking - but no - I am not skin and bones. None of my bones are sticking out and in fact I have about 2 (if not 3) rolls of fat around my middle and when I wear my jeans I have a "muffin top". 97 lbs and my cardiologist advised me to drop back down to the weight I have weighed all my adult life. My older sister who is turning 50 this year weighs 108 at 5'3.

I looked back through the thread and I didn't see this one posted from People.

Monjack says he has been upset by some of the published reports. "It's horrible – the death of a beautiful young woman, a Hollywood icon; it has to be explained. It just can't be a tragic accident," he says, trying to explain the headlines. "We don't want to accept that a beautiful young wife and daughter woke up one morning and died a tragic death."

Does anyone else find it very interesting that he refers to "a tragic accident"?
Illnesses and accidents are very different things.

81 pages of small brittany pics...many new shots...login, and likely membership, required to enlarge photos. But if your eyes can take it...some interesting shots...and notice how many Monjack are in...the site is 'film magic'...do a search for Brittany Murphy...81 pages should come up....

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&sa=N&start=20&um=1&ei=64I2S-KcG4zflAf80LCeBw

Thanks Paladine. I found her photos at that site. She does INDEED look way too thin in the recent photos - WAY TOO THIN. Poor girl. Something was going on with her.

I finally looked through all the photos of Brittany at the film magic site. Looks like she's always been a tiny person - naturally thin, but there are some photos were she really looks exceptionally thin. She had a lot of different looks, and her weight seemed to flucuate. In some pictures she looks very voluptuos (NOT FAT, but very chesty and filled out) while in other photos she looks very different - almost like she had her breasts made smaller? It's prolly just weight loss, but in the latest photos of her - she looks so tiny and her chest is barely there. I hate that we are getting hung up on her weight (including myself) because it's really hard to tell unless we knew her personally. She was a beautiful and talented girl however. I can't imagine the pressure she felt living in Hollywood. So sad.

Brittany Murphy Photos

Brittany Murphy arrives at the "Across the Hall" premiere on Dec. 1, 2009, in Beverly Hills, Calif. Murphy died on Sunday, Dec. 20, 2009, at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles. The unexpected death of the 32-year-old appeared to be from natural causes but police are investigating, officials said.
Brittany Murphy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member