Bruce Davis, former manson family member recommended for parole

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Whenever the notorious killer Charles Manson or one of his convicted followers would come up for parole over the last 40 years, a Los Angeles County prosecutor joined victims’ family members at a California state prison to argue against the release.

But when Kay Martley joined a California Board of Parole Hearings video conference to consider parole for convicted Manson "family" killer Bruce Davis earlier this month, she was stunned to learn she would be making the case on behalf of her murdered relative alone.

“I had no one to speak for me," said Martley, 81, whose cousin Gary Hinman was tortured and killed by Manson followers on July 27, 1969. “I felt like no one cares about the victim’s families anymore. We are totally forgotten.”

The absence of a prosecutor was no oversight. It was the result of a policy shift ordered by newly elected Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón, who campaigned on promises to reduce the number of people in prison.

The new mandate puts a halt on Los Angeles County prosecutors opposing parole for inmates sentenced to life who have already served their mandatory minimum period of incarceration.

Gascón’s directive is part of a sudden shift in how his district attorney’s office, the largest in the nation, is considering victims’ rights before, during and after criminal trials.
Relatives of Manson ‘family’ murder victims outraged by DA’s new policy

The more I've tried to figure out who this guy is ... the creepier it gets.

https://www.clarksvillian.com/post/brucedavis-manson-zodiac-serial

Never heard of him either.I really do not understand how anyone involved with :loser:Manson could even be considered for parole.If let out I hope he moves to the parole boards neighborhood,sure do not want him in mine.Just saying!:banghead:
I would say this in rebuttal: in the US when a person has spent 45+ years in prison and takes on the persona of a lay-person minister and ascribes their new found good qualities to the fact that they're found God....it sometimes really does actually bear weight at parole hearings. This man should be incarcerated for life.

He was convicted of killing Gary Hinman and Shorty Shea. Bruce wasn't there when Gary was murdered. Bobby Beausoliel, Susan Atkins, and Mary Brunner are the ones that killed him. Bruce drove Manson over to Gary's house a day or two earlier and was there (or only in the car according to Bobby) when Manson slashed Gary's ear with a sword. Bruce stabbed Shorty Shea in the shoulder after Tex Watson and Steve Grogan murdered Shorty. Tex Watson, Bill Vance, and Larry Bailey were never charged with Shorty's murder. Out of all the Manson Family killers still in prison he is the only one I don't mind getting out.
Respectfully, I disagree.
Bruce Davis was an early and hard-core follower of Charlie who did his bidding with free will.
Treated women like garbage and robbed from society freely.
Robbing society of people who did or could make a difference.
His jailhouse conversion to Christianity is a ploy that every pathetic convict who wants out undertakes.
That being said, without the influence of hallucinogens, isolation etc he may not be a threat but his involvement in the formation and generation of such a "family" is and what "it" did, is enough to keep him incarcerated until his natural life ends.

Why should he not be released when that woman was. He never stabbed anyone, she did.
They should all be in jail forever.
Whenever anyone comes up for parole I always think of possible fans who will make their life cushy.
Some even famous, and rich. Like the West Memphis Three, I never thought they were not guilty, but there they are.
I don't know much about this guy but "Treated women like garbage and robbed from society freely" shouldn't be a cause to lock someone up for life, as much as I wish they would be.

I would say this in rebuttal: in the US when a person has spent 45+ years in prison and takes on the persona of a lay-person minister and ascribes their new found good qualities to the fact that they're found God....it sometimes really does actually bear weight at parole hearings. This man should be incarcerated for life.
I disagree. I see the purpose of prison as equal parts punishment and rehabilitation. Society realized the first with the lengthy prison sentence, and he has achieved the second part. He should be paroled.amoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grumpie13
Back