BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My take is a little different on Lisa - Sometimes he snaps. Remember his beat-down of his ex-wife at her workplace. No reason to punch her and throw her on the ground in public. Sounded to me like he and Lisa hung out consensually and he wanted her to stay as a "live-in" girlfriend, and he said no, and he snapped when he caught her trying to steal his keys and wallet.

With Mickey, however, I can't think that he meant to leave her alive, the way it went down. She wold have been able to report kidnapping if he let her go/she got away, and would have had his plate number. I can't help feeling that Mickey's case was an escalation with more of a foregone conclusion than Lisa.

CF, ya misspelled would...LOL
Ali, in TX was 04/2010 ....BSl is the devil's deciple..Richard Ramirez/Night Stalker said to the jurors that convicted him, "I don't expect you to understand me, I am beyond good & evil, the devil dwells within us all, Lucifer will avenge me"..

Psychopaths don't think like normal folks, CF....

Can someone please tell me who is the Texas woman people are saying he may have kidnapped?TIA

P.I. in Lowitzer case says it's "just too coincidential"
http://www.katc.com/news/p-i-in-lowitzer-case-says-it-s-just-too-coincidential-/

"Warning it will infuriate you when you read how the ball was dropped by Harris Co Sheriff's Dept., TX, on Ali, imo" Consider after 2.5 years & the case growing cold due to an incompetent investigation, they have requested that the family cease MSM interviews...to CYA...Ali was treated as a runaway for 3 weeks before homicide detectives were asked to investigate..
How about any other unknown victims? There is 40 missing persons from the vicinity of Ali's abduction..cold cases..

"Silence, the predators most lethal weapon"..
websleuths thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103810"]TX TX - Alexandria Lowitzer, Chasity Armstrong, +?, Houston area, April 2010 - Related? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

The Missing Texas Forty
http://www.missingpersonsofamerica.com/2012/03/missing-texas-forty.html

IMPondering...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8269598&postcount=988"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8269598&postcount=988[/ame]

This black tarp with the vine in it has me bothered. I can't get over it since you posted this earlier. Do you think this could have been a marker for him as to a previous burial site for him? I questioned this when first posted and even more so after the plea document stated that BSL went to that spot initially to bury her, but couldn't due to his injuries and left her there. He then came back to bury her instead of just leaving her covered where he did. Why?
If he buried her deep could there be more right there in the same area?

Just wondered what your take was as you noted this. Also thank you for your photos and the insights you have provided us here!

Am I weird for being upset they did not spell her name correctly in the document? She is my Hero and deserves to have her name live on forever.

And now we have an acutual signature of BSL.....

I'd like to know what his signature says about him from someone that specializes in that. Looks secretive !

Since he pled guilty and there will not be a trial, does this mean Mighty Mickey's family will have her back sooner, since they can forgo all the extensive forensics that would've been needed for a trial?

I would think they would still have to do extensive forensics to make sure what he states matches up, because if not, I think that could affect the plea deal.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

I want to know HOW he got her in the truck. Even with a gun pointed at her, I think she would have run in the other direction or something. He probably got her in the truck the same way he got the missing girl in Texas in it. I mean how do you get someone against their will into your truck and then have time to throw her bike in the back? Then walk around to the driver's side and get in. She would have had time to get out. I'm thinking stun gun? Ideas?

I've had a gun in my face once before. In my situation I was in my vehicle and my would-be attacker was on foot outside my driver's side window. In my situation, a split second seemed like hours. I instinctively put my vehicle in reverse and floored it (the attackers vehicle was in front of me blocking me from going forward). I did this because I felt I had a better chance of getting away in my vehicle than he had of successfully shooting a moving target. However, if I'd been on foot in the situation, I would've complied. The will to survive is strong, and you know if you run the odds of being fatally shot at near point blank range are high. If you get in the vehicle, you live a little longer to try and get away. IMO that is what MS did, and she almost succeeded in fatally injuring her attacker.

Hi all - taking a moment to peek in (i'm following Drew Peterson trial) and don't know if this is posted here yet. Came across my twitter feed.

http://www.chathousenews.com/2012/08/brandon-scott-lavergne-statement-in.html

I am wondering exactly where it was that he actually killed Lisa. A hotel/motel room I presume. I have so many questions! Obviously after she was beaten and eventually died, there had to be blood evidence and a crime scene, but where???? Was he not in the Army at this time? Also, he had to get her from the room where he was sleeping out to his vehicle to transport her to the place where she was eventually found. I want to know WHERE were they staying for those several days and after the fact, didn't someone finally go in there and see signs of blood and a struggle and did not report it??? Lawd, there is still so much I want to know.

I agree boudin. If his injuries were "life threatening," the docs at oschner would have admitted him, rather than allowing him to drive back to lafayette. "life threatening", seems strong, and not ringing true. Who said his injuries were "life threatening" ? The docs ?? Who did that come from ??
Sorry if this was already stated, can't remember where this statement originated. Upset by the day's events, to say the least !

Heartsick, I have just been so heartsick, reading through the thread.

I had to be away much of the day, was only able to hop on and off to read a bit along. When the details started breaking, I wasn't able to thank the all the posts of you all who have followed along and posted the details as they first broke; sometimes, I could only read quickly in stunned silence. I've tried to thank posts as I got further in the thread this afternoon, but I know it has been sporadic. But I just want all who kept the thread current to know that it truly was appreciated so much.

God bless the Shunicks. Their words and spirit uplifted ME! I felt I was seeing so much of Mickey in her mom today.

The Pates, God bless them, too. What a long, long time to wait. Now we know why Lisa didn't make it to her child's birthday party. Bet she would have been there, if she could have.

I still pray for Brandon's family, too, and for Brandon himself. I cannot help but wonder -- what happens, that someone ends up going down the road he has gone?

May God have mercy on us all.

Mickey, I wanted so much for you to ride back home! But you had a night filled with terror that I cannot even imagine. I don't know if you realized as you fought that you were likely saving others from the same fate -- you may have been fighting like a tiger for your own bright, vibrant young self, and I am so glad you did. But plenty of others now realize what you accomplished, beyond that struggle. We will never forget The Mighty Mick!

Oh, Mickey, Mickey, Mickey.........

I can't even type. My heart breaks a thousand times.

http://www./wp-content/2012/05/mickey-shunick-missing1.jpg

IMPondering...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8269598&postcount=988

This black tarp with the vine in it has me bothered. I can't get over it since you posted this earlier. Do you think this could have been a marker for him as to a previous burial site for him? I questioned this when first posted and even more so after the plea document stated that BSL went to that spot initially to bury her, but couldn't due to his injuries and left her there. He then came back to bury her instead of just leaving her covered where he did. Why?
If he buried her deep could there be more right there in the same area?

Just wondered what your take was as you noted this. Also thank you for your photos and the insights you have provided us here!

Imo, they need an experienced grave dowser to search the area around Pinesclair cemetery for any unknown victims.

Now I am going to go outside to work on my truck with a sense of closure for this long, sad summer. All the long hours spent with all of you, discussing, debating, learning about your own tragedies, have been a real awakening for me of the sense of how community can be such a force for good, and about how we need to try even harder to raise public awareness of missing persons. It makes me feel better about the world that there are so many people with concern for others. As Josh Coen said, there are almost no appropriate words for the appreciation of the many strangers who spent so much time trying to help find Mickey. Lafayette will never be the same. Mickey will never be forgotten.

May God bless the Shunicks and the Pates and the Lavergnes, and give them comfort for their losses as they pick themselves up and embrace life, and bring them new blessings unlooked for, love and finally, once again, laughter.

I've got to wash my tear-stained face and take a break for now. I believe we'll be hearing much more about *mister dumpy*and his evil-doings. I'm still kinda shocked at his seemingly harmless appearance, knowing that he could basically *turn on a dime* and become a violent rapist and murderer. I can see how he might present himself as just an ordinary *nice* guy, offering someone like Ali Lowitzer, a ride in his truck up the road to Burger Barn - then quickly presenting a knife or gun, stopping her from using her cell phone, and veering onto the interstate or to a country road to take her away. JMO We will find out more soon, I'm sure of that. He's not able to harm any other women now, thank God, and thank Mickey Shunick, for without her incredible bravery he may never have been caught.

We love you, Mighty Mickey :heart:

lunapic_134323802665354_20.gif

I've had a gun in my face once before. In my situation I was in my vehicle and my would-be attacker was on foot outside my driver's side window. In my situation, a split second seemed like hours. I instinctively put my vehicle in reverse and floored it (the attackers vehicle was in front of me blocking me from going forward). I did this because I felt I had a better chance of getting away in my vehicle than he had of successfully shooting a moving target. However, if I'd been on foot in the situation, I would've complied. The will to survive is strong, and you know if you run the odds of being fatally shot at near point blank range are high. If you get in the vehicle, you live a little longer to try and get away. IMO that is what MS did, and she almost succeeded in fatally injuring her attacker.

My daddy, a LEO, always tells me to NEVER get into anyone's vehicle, even if they've got a gun in your face. He says scream and run, make the perp do whatever he's gonna do to you right then and there, because he's got less of a chance of hitting a moving target and will likely give up on you (because you are not easy prey) than go after you there where he could be seen. Once you get into the vehicle, THEY have the control, and can take you anywhere to do whatever they want with you - your chances of survival go drastically down if you are in their control and they take you to a location that they are comfortable with. I know that Mickey had a fighting chance if he hadn't had that gun, but more often than not, getting in the vehicle with someone who intends to do you harm seals your fate.

I believe Mickey was physically forced into his vehicle, not "enticed"; she seems smart enough to know what I have outlined above and would not get in, even if he was brandishing a gun. Unfortunately, he also had a vehicle (off-road equipped even) so even if she had run into the fields adjacent to the abduction site, he still likely could have caught her. She did not have daylight or witnesses around in her favor to discourage him from going after her right then and there either way. :( SO SAD

Mickey Shunick, Avenging Angel.

May you, your family, and the Pates have peace now.

I'm a few pages behind in this thread and I have a few questions after reading the pleas (I will read on to see if they've already been asked), but I wanted to break in and say that I have never, in all my life, felt this proud of someone I never met than I feel about Mickey. She was brave, smart, strong and displayed stealth and courage in her attempts to escape from BSL. She kicked his @$$ and, in fact, could well have killed him, had BSL not had a gun. My heart is broken at how close she was to maybe getting away.
MICKEY literally took down a serial killer. The wounds she inflicted on BS were what aroused the suspicions of those who called in tips to LE. Mickey's own blood, as well as the blood she caused BS to shed, were what made his DWT so grisly that he was forced to dispose of it in an attempt to destroy evidence - in the end, making himself look even more suspicious as a suspect.
I truly feel that had Mickey gone quietly, BS would still have killed her, but in a "less messy" way (strangling?)...he would not have been left with suspicious injuries...he may not have felt led to burn his truck...and, he might well still be free, continuing to stalk and kill. Who knows how many future victims Mickey saved by REFUSING TO GO QUIETLY INTO THAT DARK NIGHT!
May you rest in peace, Mickey. I am in awe of your great sacrifice. Your loved ones must be so, so proud of you.

I have to go out for a while and clear my head. I've been following Mickey's case since she first went missing, and she is the reason I came out of lurking and joined Websleuths. It has been so wonderful getting to "know" you all through your insightful posts. I hope to bump into you all on the forum in future cases...as heartbreaking as these things are, it is nice to have a place to come to for more information, to state opinions, and to spend time with people who have the same interest in truth and justice as I do. Thank you to all of you. Peace and love.

Well, the document says that Lisa stayed with him for several days, and the way it's worded sounds to me like it was consensual. It wasn't until she wanted to leave to see her children and he refused to let her use his truck etc that he lost it and was beaten to death. I wonder if he was planning on killing her all along...

The TRUCK or a truck is what set him off in the hospital parking lot when attacked his wife too... He wanted the truck and she wouldn't give it to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne