BSL - Evidentiary Hearing, Friday, Aug 17, 2012, 10:00 A.M.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anastasia Semien ‏@AnastasiaTDA
Mickey Shunick's mother Nancy wants you to always remember & refer to her daughter as "The Mighty Mick"

I said several things in my paragraph, and yet, am not surprised that's what you took from it.

I am not trying to be mean. Just a little too early for the "I told you so's".

My stomach is just sick over what happened to Mickey and the thoughts of what she must have gone through in those last few minutes. And the hatred I can have for a man I have never met. I feel physically ill over it. It has never been about where it happened but just that it did happen.

Anastasia Semien ‏@AnastasiaTDA
Mickey Shunick's mother Nancy wants you to always remember & refer to her daughter as "The Mighty Mick

Hummell - breaking news; BSL pled guilty to murder, both Pate and Shunick! Result of plea deal from prosecution. Prosecution gave evidence and statements signed by BSL. Details very graphic and very grim.

Shunick - followed down St. Landry street, struck her while on bike bw Dean and Coliseum; threw MS; entered Z71 truck; had knife on him and sen-automatic handgun. Had some sort of altercation. Tried to call 911 with cell. sprayed BSL with mace. Did try to fight him off. Stabbed her several times. Drove to cane field in North Acadia parish; planned to dump body in cane field. Mickey jumped up, regained control of knife and stabbed him several times. BSL shot her once in head, killing her.

My god. You monster.

Monster. I started crying and became physically ill when Jim Hummel was reporting on what BL had admitted to. RIP Mickey. She fought hard. All those who thought a petite girl couldn't fight off a big man were wrong. She fought for her life. How sad she didn't win. I am not happy with LWOP but I don't think the Shunicks would have ever gotten their child back without his plea deal. How sick is that?! After taking her life, he is still able to use her and her location to save HIS life. Monster. I sure hope TX has enough on him to bring him to justice for their cases as we've heard mention of here on WS. Is this Justice for Mickey?? I don't think so, but at least her family knows where she is and what happened and can give her a proper burial. God bless the Shunicks and Pates today, can't imagine what they must be going through.

LE was right. She made it way past Circle K. It is very dark and quiet between Dean and Coliseum at 2AM, and that is near where a couple of other posters said they saw LE out with dogs in the first days of the disappearance.

I was the one who took photos of LE out there. It was the only area we talked about. So dark.. But it's the shortcut to the bike path, that's why everyone rides that way.

As awful as learning these details is, I am struck by a few things-
- At least she wasn't taken to his home, tortured for hours or days, and then killed. It seems like this all happened relatively quickly.

- Did the mace/attempted 911 call/stab/attack (and I'm also going to assume rape or attempted rape since he's a sex offender) happen near Dean & St Landry? That's literally feet from UL's campus (and very dark/secluded at night). Or did this happen somewhere else (like he drove her somewhere else before the cane field)?

- I'm shocked and proud of the courageous, hardcore battle little tiny Mickey Shunick put up against this guy. Go Mickey! I hope his wounds still hurt!

it is time to extradite him to Texas! Texas Ranger's get'r done!

The Daily Advertiser‏@theadvertiser

Coming soon: Video from outside the courthouse with statements from #MickeyShunick's sister and mother.

Hummell - breaking news; BSL pled guilty to murder, both Pate and Shunick! Result of plea deal from prosecution. Prosecution gave evidence and statements signed by BSL. Details very graphic and very grim.

Shunick - followed down St. Landry street, struck her while on bike bw Dean and Coliseum; threw MS; entered Z71 truck; had knife on him and sen-automatic handgun. Had some sort of altercation. Tried to call 911 with cell. sprayed BSL with mace. Did try to fight him off. Stabbed her several times. Drove to cane field in North Acadia parish; planned to dump body in cane field. Mickey jumped up, regained control of knife and stabbed him several times. BSL shot her once in head, killing her.

My god. You monster.

BBM

What do you mean by threw Mickey? Threw off bike? Threw her into truck?

Thanks

Monster. I started crying and became physically ill when Jim Hummel was reporting on what BL had admitted to. RIP Mickey. She fought hard. All those who thought a petite girl couldn't fight off a big man were wrong. She fought for her life. How sad she didn't win. I am not happy with LWOP but I don't think the Shunicks would have ever gotten their child back without his plea deal. How sick is that?! After taking her life, he is still able to use her and her location to save HIS life. Monster. I sure hope TX has enough on him to bring him to justice for their cases as we've heard mention of here on WS. Is this Justice for Mickey?? I don't think so, but at least her family knows where she is and what happened and can give her a proper burial. God bless the Shunicks and Pates today, can't imagine what they must be going through.

Oh, I think plenty of justice for Mickey is gonna come at him when he's in general population at Angola. I wouldn't be too worried.

Personally, I'd much rather see my killer spend the rest of his sorry life being somebody's prison wife (and meeting plenty of prisoners from Acadiana who know what he did to one of their own) at Angola than in a private cell for twenty years while he goes through the mandatory appeals of the death penalty ruling at the tax payers' expense. LWOP sounds way worse to me.

Yes, concentric, and is reminiscent of the Meredith Hope Emerson abduction, who like Mickey Shunick, knew what her abductor was, what he had done in the past, and what he would do in the future.. Both are heroes and their memories should be kept alive for their courageous sacrifice...
--------

Yes, as I recall Meredith had a black belt and the perp. even said that she beat him to the ground. But then he had several weapons with him. He used a police baton to hit her over the head.

Isn't that correct?

I'm so relieved that the Shunick and Pate families don't have to endure this dragging out for years.

Thanks everyone for your quick posts and summaries. Bittersweet for MS & LP families & friends. I'm so pleased that they do not have to go through the long drawn-out trial. I hope media is able to secure the information in the documents. There is a lot we would like to know about to fill in blanks for our discussions.

I do not belive that today is the only time we will be seeing BSL do a perp walk I hope BSL is feeling the physical effects due to the consequences of his deeds now.

Yes, concentric, and is reminiscent of the Meredith Hope Emerson abduction, who like Mickey Shunick, knew what her abductor was, what he had done in the past, and what he would do in the future.. Both are heroes and their memories should be kept alive for their courageous sacrifice...

Nothing that most of us will ever do in our lives will ever approach the importance of what Mickey did in death. What a strong young woman! As heartbreaking as today's news is, I am so very proud of her. You got him, Mickey! In your last act on earth, you got him! Rest well, precious lady.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

KATC TV3 ‏@KATCTV3
Brandon Lavergne wrote the Shunick family a letter. The family says at this time they do not plan on reading it.

Also I am reading "Life Sentence" but I'm not reading LWOP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub