Bush commutes sentences of former border patrol agents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope my response was not misconstrued, I think President Bush did the right thing. I don't think either of these men should have ever gone to prison and the reason they didn't take the plea bargain that was offered is because they believed that they were guilty of nothing.

Glad to read this, I also think he did the right thing. :)

Bush didn't send these men to jail!!! US citizens did it! I am not fond of some of the decisions that Bush made while in the presidency but he has spent his adult life serving the country that I love and I respect him for that.
The citizens of the US did this to these men and they were spurred on by the political party that is now taking control. Bush did this as a final act to thumb his nose at the democrats in power that influenced this decision in the first place.
There is a system of checks and balances in this country and the president is not God, although some people all of the sudden are treating the incoming man as if he is. The president is a man, who makes mistakes and does not control everything.

+This is a very good post Mom of Five...

I kept saying all along Why hasn't he pardoned or commuted these men.. then at the last minute... he pulled it out. I never thought of it as you stated. "Bush did this as a final act to thumb his nose at the democrats in power that influenced this decision in the first place. "
I bought one of these about a year ago...

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 17
http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4693236_presidential-pardon-work.html

I quote in part only, to read the entire explanation go to the link.

"'What Does a Presidential Pardon Do?
When a person is convicted of a felony, he loses the right to vote, the right to bear arms, the right to serve on a jury and the right to hold public office. When a person receives a pardon, his rights are restored. The crime has been forgiven, and any of the penalties associated with the conviction are forgotten.

Receiving a Pardon
A person seeking a presidential pardon needs to assemble documentation that includes his work history, residence, military record (if applicable), detailed criminal history, and the application for restoration of civil rights (if applicable)..

Commutation versus a pardon.
A commutation and a pardon are both acts of clemency. But a commutation is more commonly used to reduce a prison sentence. It can be used to eliminate a sentence, but the civil disabilities may remain. Receiving a pardon restores an individual to the position they formerly held in society before committing the crime."'

End of quoted 'parts' from the link above.

--->>>IF IF IF the world is now spinning in its correct orbit, I would hope to heaven that these men are eventually pardoned, by the preparation of the required paper documention.

These two agents had a spotless record. One of the two had even been nominated for Border Patrol Agent of the year/month/?, with stellar naval background to boot. In my mind, NO crime was committed by these two men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom of Five
Bush didn't send these men to jail!!! US citizens did it! I am not fond of some of the decisions that Bush made while in the presidency but he has spent his adult life serving the country that I love and I respect him for that.
The citizens of the US did this to these men and they were spurred on by the political party that is now taking control. Bush did this as a final act to thumb his nose at the democrats in power that influenced this decision in the first place.
There is a system of checks and balances in this country and the president is not God, although some people all of the sudden are treating the incoming man as if he is. The president is a man, who makes mistakes and does not control everything.

--->>>The JURY that sent these two men to prison, was NOT allowed to hear witnesses that were approved and present IN THE COURT, set to testify. The JURY did not have the truth of this 'case' and made a decision based on false supposed facts.

In fact Davilla was allowed to testify against the two agents, even though he had been given immunity and and and brought another 700 plus pounds of drugs OVER THE border PRIOR (wounded PRIOR to the second physical bringing of drugs to YOUR American CHILDREN and gainfully employed drug pushers on American soil) to the day of their conviction on the 'shooting'.

Happy to say Davilla is living in a prison somewhere from a conviction on THAT second drug run AFTER the shooting of his behind.

BUT BUT nothing was done to FIX the wrong that was done to the two agents Compean and Ramos. They spent the last two years in solitary confinement for a crime that was NOT a crime.

I as well admire anyone with an 'honorable military background'. I do not call owning a part of the Texas Rangers as an adult, a commendable patriotic activity. Plus Bush has not lived his entire adult life yet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teqtoshi
Back